DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2011, 04:06 PM   #31
Doug7856
DIS Veteran

At first glance, Disney prices don't seem too bad, but Disney products are often smaller sizes. For example bacon costs $4.95 for 1/2 a lb.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:59 PM   #32
mickeysbestfriend
DIS Veteran

With Wegoshop

you get exactly what you want, the sizes you want and if you have coupons they will use them for you so you save big bucks. We had them buy our alcoholic beverages, mixers, breakfast items etc and if we'd had disney buy them it would have cost us three times as much with very limited variety

DVC owner-Old Key West
Stockholder
Annual pass holder
TIW member (hate the name)

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...wtac9ku7u8.png
mickeysbestfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-18-2011, 09:30 PM   #33
AgentP
Earning My Ears

Happy with Garden Grocer

You can get whatever you want with Garden Grocer or Wegoshop. I've heard good things about both but I have only used Garden Grocer. I never had groceries delivered before but I had a pretty big group staying with me at THV in August (8 people total) so I decided to put in an order. The grocery order was pretty large and included adult beverages, I used GG and they got it right and delivered everything on time. I looked at GG and Wegoshop before I ordered and I went with GG because I found their website to be a little more user friendly.
AgentP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:21 PM   #34
camlace
DIS Veteran

I have used both as well and prefer Garden Grocer. I found the Wegoshop fees too high and even though I had more flexibility in my order with we go and could get what I wanted, substitutions were made (even though I stated I would rather have NONE, than a substitute). The reason I was given, oh most people don't mind that I substitute and they like this product better. Well noo, not everyone may like that product better. Also, I had an issue that my groceries were delivered in bags that had obviously been around a smoker. Eck! So back to garden grocer for my next trip.
camlace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 04:52 AM   #35
Caren
Yo ho, yo ho...

I went with the store at OKW for groceries on my last trip because I thought we only needed a couple of things. It worked out, sort of, but I really missed real food from WeGoShop and will never go with the limited Disney selection again.

I just submitted our order for next week's trip and know we'll eat well while we're there. Our order includes lots of foods like broccoli, steak, whole cantaloupe, and russet potatoes, which you can't get from Disney.
Caren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:38 AM   #36
TosaTrio
DVC Owner @ SSR & VWL

We used GG and love them. I always have the groceries delivered about the same time as our flight arrives so they are waiting at Bell Services. We also always order items not included in their list. I always order very specific soda (diet Dr Pepper in 12 oz bottles as an example) and we always order bottled beer.

We have never had a problem!

For a couple of items, I would buy from Disney, otherwise use GG.
TosaTrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:59 AM   #37
Splashboat
Always looking for cheap airfare

We used GG in the past and had great experiences. We decided to try WEGOSHOP this year and had a really negative experience. When I placed the order I was told we had to be there to accept it because we ordered alcohol. I told the woman to forget it, I was going to go through GG (they did not require this when we ordered alcohol on past orders) because I didn't want to be tied to the resort waiting for our delivery.
The person who runs WEGO then said not to worry, they would go around me and I should call when our room was ready. Needless to say, we were in MK around 12:00 (room was not ready) when she called me, quite annoyed, and said her employee was waiting for me at the resort. I reminded her of our discussion (which I had in an email) and she said she told me they could not do that. Needless to say, I knew that was completely incorrect because I would have definitely changed my order to GG if she had said that, not to mention I felt my confirmation email resolved the issue.
Not knowing what to do, I left my family, going into Pirates of the Caribbean, and started to head back to the resort. The employee then called and said she would leave our order at the resort even though they were not supposed to do that. This was our recent experience and we will not be using WEGO in the future.

Last edited by Splashboat; 11-30-2011 at 08:01 AM. Reason: typo
Splashboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:04 PM   #38
PiperMickey
Mouseketeer

I have used GG in the past and have been very happy with the service. As I went in to create my order for next week's trip I noticed that the price of a case of water was high($9-$10).

While I realize it is still much cheaper than buying at the park, I don't recall paying such a premium in the past.

I am now wondering what other products I am paying a premium for as GG seems to have caught on to the popular choices by Disney travelers.

Has this caused anyone else to reconsider who they use?

I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse.
- Walt Disney

Can't wait to start planning our next trip home...
PiperMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:42 AM   #39
Nanajo1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splashboat View Post
We used GG in the past and had great experiences. We decided to try WEGOSHOP this year and had a really negative experience. When I placed the order I was told we had to be there to accept it because we ordered alcohol. I told the woman to forget it, I was going to go through GG (they did not require this when we ordered alcohol on past orders) because I didn't want to be tied to the resort waiting for our delivery.
The person who runs WEGO then said not to worry, they would go around me and I should call when our room was ready. Needless to say, we were in MK around 12:00 (room was not ready) when she called me, quite annoyed, and said her employee was waiting for me at the resort. I reminded her of our discussion (which I had in an email) and she said she told me they could not do that. Needless to say, I knew that was completely incorrect because I would have definitely changed my order to GG if she had said that, not to mention I felt my confirmation email resolved the issue.
Not knowing what to do, I left my family, going into Pirates of the Caribbean, and started to head back to the resort. The employee then called and said she would leave our order at the resort even though they were not supposed to do that. This was our recent experience and we will not be using WEGO in the future.
I've used WGS since the early 2000's and always suopported them. Our last experience was not so good. Since the recent change in ownership the personal touch is lacking. It seems that they would rather just do Bell servide drop offs rather than room delivery. I like to double check my order and address any issues right then. I was told my selected delivery time was booked and the groceries would be left at Bell Services if I provided my Credit card. The groceries were left at Bell Services at exactly the time I had requested. Several of the items were incorrect but not enough to warrant a call to WGS. My DH's big complaint was I had requested store brands but all of our deli meats were of the very expensive brand. I will be rethinking our spring trip delivery options.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Offsite 5/78,CR 11/85,BWV 3/99,OKW 11/99, BWV 3/01,OKW 11/01, BWV 3/02, BWV 1/03, OKW 11/03, BWV 2/04, BWV 11/04, BWV 2/05, OKW 11/05, BWV 2/06, AKL 11/06, BWV 11/06, BWV 02/07,OKW 11/07, BWV 02/08, BWV 11/08, BWV 02/09, BWV 11/09,VWL 01/10,OKW 02/10,BWV 11/10, AKV 11/10,BLT 03/11,OKW 03/11,BWV 11/11,AKL 02/12,BWV 03/12, BWV 11/12,OKW 02/13,AKL 03/13, BWV 11/13,OKW 11/13, OKW 02/14,AKLK 03/14, OKW 10/14,BWV 10/14
[url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][img]http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/1l5laeked1k6rb
Nanajo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:41 PM   #40
ericamcl
DIS Veteran

We used Garden Grocer this past September, and everything was fine. They left our things at bell services and they brought it to our room when it was ready.
I think we paid $5.00 for a case of water - but we selected "store brand" or something like that? I noticed that the name brand water was a little more expensive....
May 1994 DH w/ family - Contemporary August 1994 Me w/ family - Off site June 2005 Me w/ family-Wilderness Lodge March 2008 w/ DH- POFQOctober 2008 w/ DH & my family - POR February 2010 w/ DH and Nieces-BLT September 2011 w/ DH- BLT MK VIEW! December 2012 - SSR/VWL split stay w/ DHSeptember 2013 BLT-Theme Park View w/ DH & my family
ericamcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:35 PM   #41
RobPickles
Lurking Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanajo1 View Post
I've used WGS since the early 2000's and always suopported them. Our last experience was not so good. Since the recent change in ownership the personal touch is lacking.
I agree that the new owner was a little less friendly than the last one.

The last owner went out of there way to make sure you understood how everything worked and was very receptive to our needs. This new one seemed a little cold and rushed through the order/process and even had some of the items substituted when specific things were requested.

Hopefully things have gotten better or we too will have to use an alternative.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:59 AM   #42
kerriemiller
How do you people get anything done around here

So sorry I didnt find this sooner!!!

OMG!! we were at Wilderness Lodge from 9-23-11 to 9-28-11 with our just 2 year old and just 4 year old. We drove so we stopped at a store before we checked in. But due to time I couldnt get anything that needed to be refrigerated. I am putting this in my vacation file.
kerriemiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:39 PM   #43
ellone
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobPickles View Post
I agree that the new owner was a little less friendly than the last one.

The last owner went out of there way to make sure you understood how everything worked and was very receptive to our needs. This new one seemed a little cold and rushed through the order/process and even had some of the items substituted when specific things were requested.

Hopefully things have gotten better or we too will have to use an alternative.
That's not good. I used it last time we were there, but it was with the old owner. Since what I want is from Whole Foods, I may try their delivery service this time. It's a little more ($30 for delivery), but I should get everything I ask for.
ellone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:02 PM   #44
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellone View Post
That's not good. I used it last time we were there, but it was with the old owner. Since what I want is from Whole Foods, I may try their delivery service this time. It's a little more ($30 for delivery), but I should get everything I ask for.
Now, see, for me, I'd rather rent a car for $30 and go to the store myself.

Then again, we rent a car for our entire stay, so the delivery stuff doesn't make sense to us. And when I was waffling on the rental car and looking at the upcharges of the deliveries (especially that WF one, zoinks!), it helped me go towards the rental car even more. We usually stay for awhile and have more than once store to go to, more than once, so it only makes sense.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:27 PM   #45
RobPickles
Lurking Around

Going back down in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone has used WeGoShop recently?

How was the service? The experience in general? The person you dealt with? Was she the same nasty person I had last year or was she nice or someone new?

Any WeGoShop or GardenGrocer experiences are welcome.

Thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: