Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2008, 10:08 AM   #1
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

photopass share for dummies

My sister and her family are going down in mid July. Two weeks my family is going down, and a good friend of mine is going down the same day as I am (in fact, we're booked on the same flight-- completely by accident!)

I would like to do a photopass share for the 3 families.

But I'm completely ignorant on all things photopass. None of the people involved have been to WDW since the early '90's.

Can someone give me a step-by-step how to on organizing this?

I just realized my ticker is wrong!! We leave July 29th!!
numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club We're going to the Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:29 AM   #2
Sandy321
Crazy enough to want to do another Half Marathon!
If it were all about me? - I'd go with the Princesses!!

Go to the disneyphotopass website and pre order your CD

Go to Disney and at every opportunity get a picture taken by a photopass photographer - the first time, you get a "card" - dont lose it!! (and I have to say I was always misplacing it so I wouldnt lose it!!)

When you get home - only one account for ALL those photopass cards (doesnt matter how many cards you can input) what matters is it is so tempting to put your card in and look and edit - but then you cannot move them to the main account -

once you put the photopass card numbers into the ONE ACCOUNT - give everyone the email and password so they can go in and edit - add the borders etc...

hth
(I'm sure i"m forgetting stuff, but I didnt know you couldnt move a card once you enter it - so learn from my mistake!!)
Sandy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2008, 11:27 AM   #3
ampc3
DIS Veteran

I would like info on this as well... when you get your cd back that was copied (from the leader) does it have all the other families pictures on it as well? any tips must do's must NOTS?? TIA

lots of trips as a kid ...
Feb 20-22 2005 Asmov (left little one behind)
June 8-16 2008~POR (first whole family trip)
Sep 18-20 2009~POP~ mommy and DD6 bday trip
June 6-8 2010~POR~ GAD trip with Ds,YDd ,sister and nephew
May 2014 for the twins first trip.. first offsite WBC
ampc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:03 PM   #4
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampc3 View Post
I would like info on this as well... when you get your cd back that was copied (from the leader) does it have all the other families pictures on it as well? any tips must do's must NOTS?? TIA
In the OP's case, since it's all family and friends, she probably won't worry about that.

But for you, if you're going in on it with brand new friends from the Dis, it will depend on your leader. It seems that most leaders go through and only copy one family's pictures onto that family's CD. But when I participated, my leader just copied the CD in full and sent it out. No biggie at all, I never look at anyone else's pictures even on the CD.

OP, each family, heck, each person in the family, should snag a photopass card from the photographers, and everyone has their pictures taken whenever they want! Then at the end the cards are given to one person who enters them all onto one account (or you give access to the account to each person and they enter the cards on their own, but that sort of thing tends to lead to someone accidentally entering it onto their own account, which can be remedied but takes some time and effort from the photopass CMs). Once they are all on the account, give each family access to your account, and they can edit their pictures to their heart's content. Hey, they could edit others' pictures, too, and it wouldn't erase anything, b/c each edit makes a copy (the original picture is never messed with), as long as no one actually *deletes* a picture.

Once everyone is done, you order and pay if you did not pre-purchase, or you enter your very important DO NOT DELETE code from the pre-purchase site (http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitcdplan.aspx).

Then the CD will arrive, and OP you can print for family and friends, let them print, etc.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:15 PM   #5
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Just another tip since someone mentioned losing their cards. When you get a photopass card from the photographer...write down the number on the bag somewhere (I wrote ours on the back page of DD's autograph book!) That way if you lose the card, all the pictures that are already on there won't be lost.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:25 PM   #6
Dizneydaz
DIS Veteran

I did a photopass share in Sept. and it was great! I was able to even have pix taken at Dland (we are AP) and put them on the same CDs since it was within the time limits (30 days to start picture review, and order within 30days from that date).

A couple more tips from me:

When you get your photopass card(s) take a picture of the back (that's where the numbers are) in case you lose it(them)-works well if you have a digital camera. (I also write my name and cel phone on a piece of paper and take a pix of that as well). Also, I put my cel phone number, and name, on my cards with a Sharpie. Several CMs told me "what a great idea!" If it gets lost, and turned in, hopefully someone will call you.

Since you are going in August, hopefully you are going to do one, or both waterparks. Don't forget to get pix taken there too! When we went in Sept. there were many PP takers at BB and a few at TL. Since our day at BB was just my DD8, and myself, I was able to get alot of pix of DD8 (and a few of me) taken. The PP taker in the smaller kids area was great and even posed her just in front of a waterfall to get some great pix. Also, at TL we got some action shots of 3 of us coming in for a landing at Crushin' Gusher. Unfortunately, I was in the back so you can't see my head (Note to self-lean to one side to be in picture).

At TL and BB the PP will give you a flexible plastic wrist band with your PP (small) card on it. Much better than the plasticy-paper wrist bands they used to do.

You'll want to read up on the "Special poses" you can get at the parks. When you review your pix you will see special characters added to your pix. We held Simba in AK, DD8 sat next to Stitch making a mess with an ice cream cone at DHS (formerly MGM), held Tink at Epcot, and you can fight with Hook in MK (we didn't get this one).

Here's a few of ours:

(tink was added on the website)

That's me in the back!

Blizzard Beach-You can add the year (or logo, etc.) on the website

Stitch at DHS

DD8 on zip line at Blizzard Beach

Our Charlies Angel pose at DHS

They add Simba on when they take pix, you add tink on website

One from Dland resort-I couldn't resist

HTH-have a great time!

Last edited by Dizneydaz; 02-06-2008 at 03:17 PM.
Dizneydaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:28 PM   #7
Dizneydaz
DIS Veteran

2 more pix-I had to upload them to photobucket first

Holding Tink at Epcot

Test Track in Epcot is the only one you can add the ride photo to your PP card. Maybe by August, they will have added more rides.

DD holding Tink Epcot
(that's remnants of DD having her face painted at MNSSHP the night before)

Last edited by Dizneydaz; 02-06-2008 at 03:20 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:39 PM   #8
Aliceacc

Is the info on those "special poses" on the photopass site?? My husband is a photographer and would NEED to take a look at that before we went!!

I'm not planning on the water parks, but my sister is. I'll pass that info on to her. (We're at the Poly-- that volcano pool looks like a waterpark in and of itself!)

numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club We're going to the Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Old 02-06-2008, 03:05 PM   #9
Dizneydaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliceacc View Post
Is the info on those "special poses" on the photopass site?? My husband is a photographer and would NEED to take a look at that before we went!!

I'm not planning on the water parks, but my sister is. I'll pass that info on to her. (We're at the Poly-- that volcano pool looks like a waterpark in and of itself!)

They are not on the Photopass official site. I found out about them by reading threads. Check out these threads-you'll find some suggestions there, as well as actual pix.
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1490846
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1465822&page=75

Some of the special ones you have to ask for. (so they say) I know I asked for the one with Stitch at DHS but the Simba ones (we got ones with Simba several times, in fact DD didn't want to hold him once, so I did) and the ones with Tink were suggested by the photog themselves. Besides the Charlies Angel pose at DHS, another photog had my DD and I pose "sexy". Also, at Epcot, photog suggested we hold out our arms (behind fountain) I liked that suggestion-that way not all our photos are of us just standing there. We had a couple hundred pix taken (each PP photog takes several shots) and after editing, I believe I ended up with over 1000! Oh, and beware, doing the edits (adding frames, characters, cropping, etc.) takes alot of time. Don't wait to the last day to do them.

A funnier shot at Epcot

There were people in the distance behind us but I used Photoshop to edit them out.

I was searching for more info on PP, and found this link on a thread-I gave it a quick look, and it looks informative. (though no info on "special" shots,-probably because they are subject to change.)
http://************/disney_photopass.shtml

These should give your DH enough to read for awhile.

This site claims that more rides will have PP starting Spring 2008

Last edited by Dizneydaz; 02-06-2008 at 03:22 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 03:08 PM   #10
Aliceacc

Thank you!!!

He may have to take a turn staying home tomorrow with our sick 9 year old. It will most definitely give him something to do while Brian sleeps!

Old 02-06-2008, 03:18 PM   #11
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

You can also look at Stitch Kingdom. It's the site belonging to Dis'er bradk!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:25 PM   #12
Dizneydaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
You can also look at Stitch Kingdom. It's the site belonging to Dis'er bradk!

Thanks for link-I bookmarked it for my next trip!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: