Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2008, 05:34 PM   #121
Hootch
DIS Veteran

The major

prizes are selected at random so there are no secrets. Go and enjoy there are more secrets and mysteries if you just look around.

We usually do CRT for our daughter. This past trip I took my son to DAK for a little boy time. When we got to the MK for the ADR there was a little time to play around. My wife and daughter were riding the carousel while I took some video. A little later my son was pulling on the sword in the stone as a pose. He pulled the sword out (it does not come all of the way out) and was given a magical moment certificate. He was able to pull the sword out because he "believed in magic". It made his day and made lunch a lot more bearable.
Hootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 02:21 PM   #122
mmkk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty&Boo View Post
First let me say that this 240+ page thread was awesome. I have read it all at work over the last week. We leave for Disney Saturdsay morning!!!! I know sooooo much more about disney than I knew before from my previous 11 trips.

I was hoping someone might have some secrets about the year of a million dreams giveaways. Has anyone ever been picked? Do the castmembers who award these prizes stick out in anyway? Anything that might help would be awesome. TYIA

PS

We are wanting to have a baby and could think of nothing more magical than creating our first bundle of magic and joy than in Cinderella's castle. I know it is a billion to one shot, but hey its worth a try to get picked.
There's a whole other thread for YOAMD stuff! It gives me goose bumps to read some of the magical experiences people have had. Check it out!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1233267

And once again, Deb, TY for doing such a fantastic job! I will probably be e-mailing you closer to Dec. again for an updated list!

mmkk is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2008, 07:43 AM   #123
JRDMAN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty&Boo View Post
First let me say that this 240+ page thread was awesome. I have read it all at work over the last week. We leave for Disney Saturdsay morning!!!! I know sooooo much more about disney than I knew before from my previous 11 trips.

I was hoping someone might have some secrets about the year of a million dreams giveaways. Has anyone ever been picked? Do the castmembers who award these prizes stick out in anyway? Anything that might help would be awesome. TYIA

PS

We are wanting to have a baby and could think of nothing more magical than creating our first bundle of magic and joy than in Cinderella's castle. I know it is a billion to one shot, but hey its worth a try to get picked.

Year of Million Dreams -- anyone else get something yet...
I'm not sure if this link will work...but this is a cool thread and will answer any questions you might have about the dreams give aways.
Good luck and lots of pixie dust your way

1972 Spring break....off site
1983 Disney Inn (now Shades of Green)
1998 Polynesian CL GV
1999 Contemporary
2000 Polynesian CL GV
2001 Polynesian CL GV
2002 Polynesian CL GV
2008 POP
2009 Polynesian CL GV
JRDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:02 PM   #124
Dcanoli
DIS Veteran

Talking Another Secret!

Hi All! Anita Answer from Allears just posted these "secrets." I thought I would add them to our thread!

Brandy writes:

Hi Anita! We're huge fans of yours. Thank you for all the information you provide every week. Even veteran visitors like us learn something new!

My question deals with the license plates on the cars at the Sci-Fi Dine In
Theater at Hollywood Studios. Knowing that the Imagineers are a very creative group of people and never just put something somewhere without a reason, I am curious if there is any significance to the numbers and letters on the license plates on each car. We do know they are all different. Thanks so much!

Hi Brandy!

You're very observant! The numbers and letters on the Sci-Fi Dine In cars' license plates are indeed significant. They are the initials and birth dates of the Imagineers who worked on the restaurant. Also in the Studios, you can find similar initials and dates on the license plates on the cars in the San Francisco backdrop at the back of the Streets of America, as well as on the baskets that move overhead on a track in Star Tours' queue.

Another significant license plate can be found in the "underworld" scene in the Great Movie Ride. On the car on the right side of the set, the numbers on the plate say "021-429" or 02/14/29, representing the date of the St. Valentine's Day Massacre -- the day of the infamous Al Capone/Bugs Moran gang war in Chicago.
9/01 First trip as an ADULT! POR ; 9/03 OFFSITE--The Grosvenor ; 9/05 Disney Wonder 4-Day, & Pop Century; 9/05 AS Sports ; 9/06 Pop Century ; 4/07 Spring Break--the OUTSIDE World; 9/07 Pop--FREE DDP & DSLR! ; 9/08 Pop Century ; 03/09 2-day FGF trip & Spring Training ; 9/09 Pop w/FREE DDP! 2/10 SMMC 3/10 Princess 5K! 3/10 Spring Training & FGF 7/10 D23 Private Events & TL! 8/10 WDP/tweet up 10/10 5K & MNSSHP! 02/11 Princess 5K & DAK Safari 3/11 DSMMC 5/11 Scavenger Hunt & Destination D 6/11 Wedding Trip 7/11 Mommy & Boys Trip

Dcanoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:53 PM   #125
WeatherbySwann
Cacaw rawr

Thanks for keeping us updated! I usually read Anita Answer but didn't get a chance to this week. Thanks!
Old 10-15-2008, 08:15 PM   #126
Dcanoli
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeatherbySwann View Post
Thanks for keeping us updated! I usually read Anita Answer but didn't get a chance to this week. Thanks!
No problem Swann!

I forgot you were on this thread too!
9/01 First trip as an ADULT! POR ; 9/03 OFFSITE--The Grosvenor ; 9/05 Disney Wonder 4-Day, & Pop Century; 9/05 AS Sports ; 9/06 Pop Century ; 4/07 Spring Break--the OUTSIDE World; 9/07 Pop--FREE DDP & DSLR! ; 9/08 Pop Century ; 03/09 2-day FGF trip & Spring Training ; 9/09 Pop w/FREE DDP! 2/10 SMMC 3/10 Princess 5K! 3/10 Spring Training & FGF 7/10 D23 Private Events & TL! 8/10 WDP/tweet up 10/10 5K & MNSSHP! 02/11 Princess 5K & DAK Safari 3/11 DSMMC 5/11 Scavenger Hunt & Destination D 6/11 Wedding Trip 7/11 Mommy & Boys Trip

Old 10-22-2008, 10:47 AM   #127
Dcanoli
DIS Veteran

Talking From Jack Spence's Blog...

New one from Jack over at Allearsnet.com:

There are three pairs of lions in the China Pavilion at Epcot. One pair stands guard in front of the House of Whispering Willows (the museum).

The other two pairs can be found near the entrances to the Yong Feng Shangdian shop.

The lion is regarded as a special creature to the Chinese people as it was thought to be the king of all animals. The lion represented prestige and power and was often associated with an individual’s rank. These lions are often placed in front of gates or doorways as they were believed to have mystic and protective powers.

Although the lions look like they’re both male due to their bushy manes, but if fact, one is female. Look closely at their paws. The male has a ball underneath his right paw and the female has a lion cub under her left paw. The ball represents unity of the empire and the cub symbolizes prospering offspring.

On a different note…

To see the “Reflections of China” movie, guests walk through Disney’s version of the Temple of Heaven.

Most guests pause briefly and admire the magnificent ceiling before proceeding on to the waiting room.

But in case you didn’t already know, you can have a little fun in this room.

Now say something out loud. For example, you can say, “Allears.net is the best Disney web-site in the World.”

Now, move to the center stone.

Once again, say something out load. For instance, “And I read it faithfully everyday.”

Your friends and family won’t know what just happened, but you will.

To see the pictures that accompanied Jack's blog, visit the link below:

http://land.allears.net/blogs/jacksp...ilion_fun.html

Old 11-15-2008, 10:16 PM   #128
AuroraBorealis
DIS Veteran

Bump because this is an awesome thread!
AuroraBorealis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 12:46 AM   #129
chasegoestodisney
Earning My Ears

Talking WDW Secrets in Word Format

Dcanoli, I am too new and unable to email. Could you please email me the word document as well. Thanks in advance for all the time you have spent putting this list together.

Do I need to forward my email to you? Thanks again.

Next trip to Disney.....11/20 to 11/26 @ the FWLV!!!! Bringing our 6 month old boy for his 2nd visit.....(we didn't know he was with us until we got home! Terrific surprise though!)

Any suggestions on DW w/ a baby???

Last edited by chasegoestodisney; 11-16-2008 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Spelling error and added info
chasegoestodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 04:25 AM   #130
pampam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcanoli View Post
New one from Jack over at Allearsnet.com:

There are three pairs of lions in the China Pavilion at Epcot. One pair stands guard in front of the House of Whispering Willows (the museum).

The other two pairs can be found near the entrances to the Yong Feng Shangdian shop.

The lion is regarded as a special creature to the Chinese people as it was thought to be the king of all animals. The lion represented prestige and power and was often associated with an individual’s rank. These lions are often placed in front of gates or doorways as they were believed to have mystic and protective powers.

Although the lions look like they’re both male due to their bushy manes, but if fact, one is female. Look closely at their paws. The male has a ball underneath his right paw and the female has a lion cub under her left paw. The ball represents unity of the empire and the cub symbolizes prospering offspring.

On a different note…

To see the “Reflections of China” movie, guests walk through Disney’s version of the Temple of Heaven.

Most guests pause briefly and admire the magnificent ceiling before proceeding on to the waiting room.

But in case you didn’t already know, you can have a little fun in this room.

Now say something out loud. For example, you can say, “Allears.net is the best Disney web-site in the World.”

Now, move to the center stone.

Once again, say something out load. For instance, “And I read it faithfully everyday.”

Your friends and family won’t know what just happened, but you will.

To see the pictures that accompanied Jack's blog, visit the link below:

http://land.allears.net/blogs/jacksp...ilion_fun.html
So, what happens?
pampam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 05:57 PM   #131
Dcanoli
DIS Veteran

New Info

From Anita Answers (I already added this info into our main document):

Here is my question. When I was at Epcot recently, I noticed there was a rather large wooden ship with sails moored behind the stage of the American Gardens Theater. I don't remember seeing it before, but I guess it has been there a while because it is even on the Epcot maps. What is this ship used for? Thanks & Happy Holidays!

Hi Whitney!

The ship is called "Golden Dream" and it isn't actually used for anything; it's simply a part of the American Adventure's set.

Golden Dream is a re-creation of an 18th century Virginia Sloop, and was built in 1993 by Dering Design. It was damaged in 2004 by Hurricane Charley, but was repaired and restored to its place on Epcot's World Showcase Lagoon and re-dedicated in 2006. It comes and goes depending on necessary maintenance, so you may have missed it on previous trips. It was most recently absent last summer, but returned in September 2008. Golden Dream gets its name from the finale song of the American Adventure, "Golden Dream," written by Randy Bright and Bob Moline.

The Golden Dream happens to be one of my most favorite "hidden treasures" at Walt Disney World, so thanks for asking about it!

Old 12-10-2008, 06:01 PM   #132
GorshGoofy
Mouseketeer ~ DIS Dad #337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcanoli View Post
From Anita Answers (I already added this info into our main document):

Here is my question. When I was at Epcot recently, I noticed there was a rather large wooden ship with sails moored behind the stage of the American Gardens Theater. I don't remember seeing it before, but I guess it has been there a while because it is even on the Epcot maps. What is this ship used for? Thanks & Happy Holidays!

Hi Whitney!

The ship is called "Golden Dream" and it isn't actually used for anything; it's simply a part of the American Adventure's set.

Golden Dream is a re-creation of an 18th century Virginia Sloop, and was built in 1993 by Dering Design. It was damaged in 2004 by Hurricane Charley, but was repaired and restored to its place on Epcot's World Showcase Lagoon and re-dedicated in 2006. It comes and goes depending on necessary maintenance, so you may have missed it on previous trips. It was most recently absent last summer, but returned in September 2008. Golden Dream gets its name from the finale song of the American Adventure, "Golden Dream," written by Randy Bright and Bob Moline.

The Golden Dream happens to be one of my most favorite "hidden treasures" at Walt Disney World, so thanks for asking about it!
I don't remember that either. Would love to see a photo!
Pedometers at WDW ~~ I'm a Dis Dad #337! And a DIS Granddad!! PopC w/ My 3Grandsons Jan 13 ~ Pop ~ Feb 12 w/ wife's sister & family ~ Pop Century Dec 10 (Me & DD & DNiece & More) ~ Jan 10, Jan 08, Jan 07 Disneymoon! ~ Feb 06 Israel & Egypt ~ Oct 05 Land/Sea 3rd Solo! First Cruise! Pop Century/Disney Wonder ~ Jan 05 Pop Century 1st on-site!! 2nd SOLO! ~ Sept 04 off site ~ Feb 2000 Off site 1st Solo ~ Dec 98/99? w/ kids Off site ~ Summer 94 & 95 Yucatan, Mexico ~ Off site Dec 93 & Mar 90 ~ Jan '87 1st WDW Trip with baby DS ~ Off site ~ Winter '83, Summer 80, Summer '79 1st WDW Trip EVER ~ Summer '78 Tokyo, Japan
GorshGoofy

Walking to WDW X3!!
346/521 ~ Lee FL on I-10
17 ~ I 65 S / 30 ~ I-10 E of Tunnel / 37 ~ Fairhope / 40 ~ Malbis / 47 ~ Bay Minette/Gulf Shores (59) / 56 ~ Styx River / 68 ~ Alabama/Florida Line on I-10 / 81 ~ Pensacola / 90 ~ Milton / 124 ~ Crestview / 153 ~ DeFuniak Springs / 164 ~ Ponce de Leon / 180 Bonifay ~ 293 Monticello / 309 Greenville ~ 319 Madison ~ 330 Lee ~ 351 Liveoak ~ 364 I-10/I75 Intersection ~ 372 Lake City ~ 434 Ocala ~ 457 Fl Turnpike ~ 506 I-4 ~ 518 Exit 259 ~ 521 Pop Century Parking Lot
GorshGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 06:03 PM   #133
Dcanoli
DIS Veteran

I don't remember seeing it this trip (maybe it wasn't back out yet when we were there in September), but we did see it in 2007.

My boys pointed it out, and that was the first time I'd ever remembered seeing it there.

Amazing how many things you can overlook at Disney, isn't it?

Old 12-10-2008, 06:21 PM   #134
PDJPrinceCharming
I'll be easy to spot. Come & say hello...
Ok I might be losing my mind here & that is very possible

For the time being, one of my favorite somewhat hidden WDW secret is the soft test run for the Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure.

If you are fortunate enough to be in the U.K. near the bridge & close to the gazebo where The British Invasion performs then keep on the lookout for CM's wearing purple Team Possible shirts standing in front of an area that looks like nothing of interest. But if you go at the right time, you'll get to test out KP & I got to do it last week & I had a great time. I did France & U.K. & it was a blast. I can't wait until it opens next year.

But this is just a little tidbit to anyone in the World or going to the World before Christmas. If you go at the right time & are in the right place, just maybe you'll be able to test out KP before most of the public.

Movies 2006 & Christmas 2013, Music 2007 & Sports Christmas 2008
Pop 2008, 2009(20th Trip), 2010, 2011(It's a Non Kinda Thing!), Christmas 2012(Podcast Cruise 4.0), 2013, 2014 & Christmas 2014
Art of Animation 2012(Disney Sea Across The Universal)
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo 2013 Kidani Village Christmas 2013
Boardwalk Villas Christmas 2013
Old Key West Villas Christmas 2013 & 2014
Villas at Grand Floridian Christmas 2013
Polynesian Resort Christmas 2012
Paradise Pier at Disneyland Resort- Christmas 2009
Cabana Bay Beach Resort at Universal- 2014 & Christmas 2014

My YouTube Channel: Pop www.youtube.com/user/SirOwenDisney
PDJPrinceCharming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 06:40 PM   #135
Dcanoli
DIS Veteran

I just read in the Allears newsletter that they are testing it between 2 and 5 p.m. each day.

So, maybe that will help someone out too!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: