Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2008, 05:01 AM   #136
pampam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcanoli View Post
New one from Jack over at Allearsnet.com:

There are three pairs of lions in the China Pavilion at Epcot. One pair stands guard in front of the House of Whispering Willows (the museum).

The other two pairs can be found near the entrances to the Yong Feng Shangdian shop.

The lion is regarded as a special creature to the Chinese people as it was thought to be the king of all animals. The lion represented prestige and power and was often associated with an individual’s rank. These lions are often placed in front of gates or doorways as they were believed to have mystic and protective powers.

Although the lions look like they’re both male due to their bushy manes, but if fact, one is female. Look closely at their paws. The male has a ball underneath his right paw and the female has a lion cub under her left paw. The ball represents unity of the empire and the cub symbolizes prospering offspring.

On a different note…

To see the “Reflections of China” movie, guests walk through Disney’s version of the Temple of Heaven.

Most guests pause briefly and admire the magnificent ceiling before proceeding on to the waiting room.

But in case you didn’t already know, you can have a little fun in this room.

Now say something out loud. For example, you can say, “Allears.net is the best Disney web-site in the World.”

Now, move to the center stone.

Once again, say something out load. For instance, “And I read it faithfully everyday.”

Your friends and family won’t know what just happened, but you will.

To see the pictures that accompanied Jack's blog, visit the link below:

http://land.allears.net/blogs/jacksp...ilion_fun.html
So again, what happens if I speak, then go into the center of the room and speak again?
pampam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:06 AM   #137
heatair
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampam View Post
So again, what happens if I speak, then go into the center of the room and speak again?
Listen carefully and you'll hear the answer. You need to start at the outside and speak there first, then go to the center.

It's amazing!
heatair is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2008, 09:04 AM   #138
PNWmom
Mouseketeer

China secret

I found this elsewhere, hope it helps explain things.

As you enter, there are four red columns decorated in gold representing the four seasons. If you stand in the exact center of the columns and speak, the acoustics are like the actual Hall of Prayer, so you'll hear your voice echo, but your friends won't. (They'll hear their own echo, but not yours.)

Join the fun at MouseScrappers.com.
PNWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:14 AM   #139
jasch
Earning My Ears

I too want the document, but I am unable to email or send a private message to DCanoli, because I just signed up to this board (bummer).

My email address is jorge.asch (at) gmail.com

Thank you.
jasch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:20 AM   #140
Dcanoli
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasch View Post
I too want the document, but I am unable to email or send a private message to DCanoli, because I just signed up to this board (bummer).

My email address is jorge.asch (at) gmail.com

Thank you.

Gotcha covered! Sending it now!
9/01 First trip as an ADULT! POR ; 9/03 OFFSITE--The Grosvenor ; 9/05 Disney Wonder 4-Day, & Pop Century; 9/05 AS Sports ; 9/06 Pop Century ; 4/07 Spring Break--the OUTSIDE World; 9/07 Pop--FREE DDP & DSLR! ; 9/08 Pop Century ; 03/09 2-day FGF trip & Spring Training ; 9/09 Pop w/FREE DDP! 2/10 SMMC 3/10 Princess 5K! 3/10 Spring Training & FGF 7/10 D23 Private Events & TL! 8/10 WDP/tweet up 10/10 5K & MNSSHP! 02/11 Princess 5K & DAK Safari 3/11 DSMMC 5/11 Scavenger Hunt & Destination D 6/11 Wedding Trip 7/11 Mommy & Boys Trip

Dcanoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:26 AM   #141
Gettingengagedguy
Earning My Ears

Please Send

Do you mind sending it to me as well, we leave out on the first of January.

Thanks so much.
Gettingengagedguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:57 AM   #142
Dcanoli
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gettingengagedguy View Post
Do you mind sending it to me as well, we leave out on the first of January.

Thanks so much.
Nope, I don't mind sending it; I just need your e-mail address!
9/01 First trip as an ADULT! POR ; 9/03 OFFSITE--The Grosvenor ; 9/05 Disney Wonder 4-Day, & Pop Century; 9/05 AS Sports ; 9/06 Pop Century ; 4/07 Spring Break--the OUTSIDE World; 9/07 Pop--FREE DDP & DSLR! ; 9/08 Pop Century ; 03/09 2-day FGF trip & Spring Training ; 9/09 Pop w/FREE DDP! 2/10 SMMC 3/10 Princess 5K! 3/10 Spring Training & FGF 7/10 D23 Private Events & TL! 8/10 WDP/tweet up 10/10 5K & MNSSHP! 02/11 Princess 5K & DAK Safari 3/11 DSMMC 5/11 Scavenger Hunt & Destination D 6/11 Wedding Trip 7/11 Mommy & Boys Trip

Old 12-11-2008, 12:01 PM   #143
Gettingengagedguy
Earning My Ears

email

Here is my email mdowns81@ gmail.com without the space between @ and gmail.com

thanks again.
Gettingengagedguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:57 PM   #144
switzma
Earning My Ears

BEST WDW theme park secret

I too would like it sent to me if possible. We are leaving this Sunday and would love to have any help. It's a first time for my 2 sons (7 and 4) and I have only been down once before for business.

If anyone could send it that would be great...

Thanks,
Mark

s w i t z m a @ yahoo dott com
switzma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 01:05 PM   #145
Dcanoli
DIS Veteran

Gotcha!!

Old 12-11-2008, 01:32 PM   #146
King Triton
DIS Veteran

Disney Loves Elvis!

A few years ago I saw the coolest thing riding It's A Small World ride at Disneyland. This was when it was decorated for Christmas. As you pass the first big Christmas tree on the right, look back and you'll see the ghost of Elvis (his face) inside the tree looking at you. YES!!! A glowing life size face of Elvis. Being a big Elvis fan I loved it! I don't know if it's still there this year. I sure hope so. I'll be there tomorrow and report back if I see it.

During the same trip I saw a portrait of Elvis in the attic at the Haunted Mansion. It was on the left hand side. You really had to look hard because you pass by it so quick. At first I didn't see it but the second time around I did. That was so much fun finding these things that most people never see.

Enjoy these great Disney secrets.

Last edited by King Triton; 12-11-2008 at 01:56 PM. Reason: correction
King Triton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:02 PM   #147
Scoobmuzic
Believers in faith, trust and pixie dust!
nothing worse than a fork that is not curved properly

Quote:
From Anita Answers (I already added this info into our main document):

Here is my question. When I was at Epcot recently, I noticed there was a rather large wooden ship with sails moored behind the stage of the American Gardens Theater. I don't remember seeing it before, but I guess it has been there a while because it is even on the Epcot maps. What is this ship used for? Thanks & Happy Holidays!

Hi Whitney!

The ship is called "Golden Dream" and it isn't actually used for anything; it's simply a part of the American Adventure's set.

Golden Dream is a re-creation of an 18th century Virginia Sloop, and was built in 1993 by Dering Design. It was damaged in 2004 by Hurricane Charley, but was repaired and restored to its place on Epcot's World Showcase Lagoon and re-dedicated in 2006. It comes and goes depending on necessary maintenance, so you may have missed it on previous trips. It was most recently absent last summer, but returned in September 2008. Golden Dream gets its name from the finale song of the American Adventure, "Golden Dream," written by Randy Bright and Bob Moline.

The Golden Dream happens to be one of my most favorite "hidden treasures" at Walt Disney World, so thanks for asking about it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorshGoofy View Post
I don't remember that either. Would love to see a photo!
I knew I had a photo of this somewhere. Found It!!

Hope you like it!

Go Cowboys!!!
X3 Disney Caption Contest
1982 Off Site; 1991 Disney Inn; 1995 Off Site; 1997 All Star Music; 1998 Dixie Landings; 1999 All Star Movies; 2000 Port Orleans Riverside; 2001 Coronado Springs; 2002 All Star Movies; 2003 All Star Music; May 2004 POP Century; Jan 2005 Move to Kissimmee FL; Jan 2005 Reilly Family Trip to WDW!! December 2010 3rd Reilly Family Trip, All 10of 'em!
Scoobmuzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 04:51 PM   #148
WeatherbySwann
Cacaw rawr

For the newcomers, to the DISboards!!!

For those heading to WDW soon, have a magical trip!!!

Also about the Kim Possible Adventure - I read in the Stitch Kingdom newsletter Serf's Up that they were supposed to be testing it in the "gateway area" of World Showcase yesterday and today (December 10 and 11).
Old 12-11-2008, 05:34 PM   #149
GorshGoofy
Mouseketeer ~ DIS Dad #337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobmuzic View Post
I knew I had a photo of this somewhere. Found It!!

Hope you like it!
Thank Scoobmuzic!!! I don't recall ever seeing that ship. I'll have to be more observant next time. Just goes to show that I can learn something new every day! That's exciting!
Pedometers at WDW ~~ I'm a Dis Dad #337! And a DIS Granddad!! PopC w/ My 3Grandsons Jan 13 ~ Pop ~ Feb 12 w/ wife's sister & family ~ Pop Century Dec 10 (Me & DD & DNiece & More) ~ Jan 10, Jan 08, Jan 07 Disneymoon! ~ Feb 06 Israel & Egypt ~ Oct 05 Land/Sea 3rd Solo! First Cruise! Pop Century/Disney Wonder ~ Jan 05 Pop Century 1st on-site!! 2nd SOLO! ~ Sept 04 off site ~ Feb 2000 Off site 1st Solo ~ Dec 98/99? w/ kids Off site ~ Summer 94 & 95 Yucatan, Mexico ~ Off site Dec 93 & Mar 90 ~ Jan '87 1st WDW Trip with baby DS ~ Off site ~ Winter '83, Summer 80, Summer '79 1st WDW Trip EVER ~ Summer '78 Tokyo, Japan
GorshGoofy

Walking to WDW X3!!
346/521 ~ Lee FL on I-10
17 ~ I 65 S / 30 ~ I-10 E of Tunnel / 37 ~ Fairhope / 40 ~ Malbis / 47 ~ Bay Minette/Gulf Shores (59) / 56 ~ Styx River / 68 ~ Alabama/Florida Line on I-10 / 81 ~ Pensacola / 90 ~ Milton / 124 ~ Crestview / 153 ~ DeFuniak Springs / 164 ~ Ponce de Leon / 180 Bonifay ~ 293 Monticello / 309 Greenville ~ 319 Madison ~ 330 Lee ~ 351 Liveoak ~ 364 I-10/I75 Intersection ~ 372 Lake City ~ 434 Ocala ~ 457 Fl Turnpike ~ 506 I-4 ~ 518 Exit 259 ~ 521 Pop Century Parking Lot
GorshGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:57 PM   #150
mdwings
And they call him, Sandy... Clawssss...!

Quote:
Nope, I don't mind sending it; I just need your e-mail address!
I am so glad that you are open to sharing the work you have done to put the document together. I am taking my two DDs to WDW Jan. 1st so I would love to have this with plenty of time to digest it all. Please send to mdwings(at)aol.com. Thank you so much.
mdwings is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: