Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 11:17 AM   #751
lisalonglash
I have a thing for actors nobody else thinks are yummalicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid&cinderella View Post
When we were at WDW last year I saw people walking and eating these huge legs......they looked like savages....it looked disgusting....and seeing these pics of the turkey legs, I am even more disgusted, sorry very unappealing!
That post seems quite unnecessarily abrupt - especially as this is a thread entirely about WDW food
Me and dh Ds#1(14yo) Ds#2(11yo)

September 2013 - Disney World w/FD (POFQ)
September 2009 - Disney World w/FD(ASMu)
October 2008 - Disney World (ASSp)
May 2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris (off-site in Paris)
Old 03-26-2008, 11:18 AM   #752
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apostolic4life View Post
My Sous Chef's wife is like that too.........she makes him take the bones out of everything before she will eat it. I don't get it, but I know lots of people have a "meat on the bone" issue.

i think it's all the fat and veins and cartilage or whatever that comes with it. just....yuck! i realize that ALL meat is at least connected to a bone at some point, but i would just rather not have to see it.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2008, 11:44 AM   #753
branv
The safety feature in my parents van was floor to ceiling shag carpet
If your clothes are cute enough, you can be forgiven for sensible shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalonglash View Post
That post seems quite unnecessarily abrupt - especially as this is a thread entirely about WDW food
Seriously. It's one thing to say "oh I really don't care for _____" and move one. Going to this depth and effort to tell someone why their food choices are disgusting is kind of insulting. Just impolite all together -- certainly would make me question posting my photos here again.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:45 AM   #754
BeckWhy
The Tag Fairy prefers to remain an enigma ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
i think it's all the fat and veins and cartilage or whatever that comes with it. just....yuck! i realize that ALL meat is at least connected to a bone at some point, but i would just rather not have to see it.
It's so weird... I have a hard time eating the meat off the bone of a chicken or turkey, but I don't have a problems sucking baby back rib bones dry!
September 2012 - 1st Trip to Disneyland!|November 2009 - Solo Trip at POP|November 2008 - POP with my ex-boyfriend|September 2006 - POP with my ex-boyfriend|January 2004 - POP with my older sister|March 2002 - ASMo with the Frewsburg cheerleaders (first time on site!)|April 1999 - Off Site with the family|April 1998 - Off Site with the family USF only trip|July 1997 - Off Site with the family|July 1994 - Off Site with the family|January 1987 - Off Site with the family|April 1984 - Off Site with the family|June 1983 - Off Site with the family
Old 03-26-2008, 11:56 AM   #755
BeckWhy

Quote:
Originally Posted by branv View Post
Seriously. It's one thing to say "oh I really don't care for _____" and move one. Going to this depth and effort to tell someone why their food choices are disgusting is kind of insulting. Just impolite all together -- certainly would make me question posting my photos here again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalonglash View Post
You are right, it is not polite to make comments. But then again we are in the land with freedom of speech. Let the people say what they want and forget about them. I'm sure everyone here has dealt with far less polite things in their life and don't completely eliminate them from their life. If I did that, I would never leave my house... better yet, I'd never leave my bedroom... and never talk on the phone, watch tv, or get in the internet.

Branv.. I don't think you should not post your pics because of one person... you are punishing the rest of us for something one did. And that's not fair! Who cares what people think.

As for my view of the turkey legs, I have never seen anyone eating them in the park... the giant size and look does give me the heebee-jeebeez, but after seeing those pic, I almost want to try one.

Also, yeah maybe it is a bit "savage" for people to be chewing on a giant turkey leg, but we eat food with our fingers every day... so I guess everyday we are "savages." But when I see those giant turkey legs, I don't think "savage" I think of Honey I Shrunk the Kids... the last scene of the movie when they are sitting around the enlarged turkey.
September 2012 - 1st Trip to Disneyland!|November 2009 - Solo Trip at POP|November 2008 - POP with my ex-boyfriend|September 2006 - POP with my ex-boyfriend|January 2004 - POP with my older sister|March 2002 - ASMo with the Frewsburg cheerleaders (first time on site!)|April 1999 - Off Site with the family|April 1998 - Off Site with the family USF only trip|July 1997 - Off Site with the family|July 1994 - Off Site with the family|January 1987 - Off Site with the family|April 1984 - Off Site with the family|June 1983 - Off Site with the family
Old 03-26-2008, 12:24 PM   #756
acourtwdw
DIS Veteran

Let's see more pictures of guest enjoying that great WDW food

It all looks great to me. This thread has inspired me to reach out beyond my usual whateve chicken dish! I still want to see the "new" chicken fingers though, if anyone has a picture of it.

Thanks
Places we've stayed at WDW:Carribean Beach, Animal Kingdom Lodge, All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music, Cornado Springs, Saratoga Springs, Boardwalk Villas, Old Key West, Beach Club Villas, Bay Lake Towers, Fort Wilderness Campground, Port Orleans, Dixie Landings

Other Disney Properties:Hilton Head, Vero Beach, Disneyland Hotel, Disney Cruise Line, Platinum, baby! (including the WBTA 2010 and Hawaii Oct 2012) and Disneyland Paris
Old 03-26-2008, 12:33 PM   #757
karebear1
BL II - Purple Team
Always misses the big numbers
The pixie dust in the air is totally confusing, but the TF doesn't think you are an airhead! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahMama View Post
I probably would like the turkey legs, but a long time ago I saw

people feeding those big birds some turkey (I see this EVERY trip!), and for some reason the thought of birds eating birds made me totally gross out and I haven't even been able to look at the turkey legs.

Plus, the people that sit there and gnaw on them with greasy faces turn me off
of them.

HOWEVER, no offense is intended. I'm sure they taste great.
OMG!!! I've never heard anythign so funny (and true to me too!) as this! You slay me! LOL!!!
'92 offsite, '95 Double Tree; '97 Boardwalk; '98 Holiday Inn; '99 DXL; '01 WL, CS; '03 OKW, Swan; '04 WL, BCV, BWV; Jan. '05- WDW 1/2 Marathon- BCV's, 7-Day DCL Western on the Magic; Nov. '05- BWV's for an all girl trip;December '06- BCV, WL & AKL- Mom and Son trip; September '07- YC, AKV & GF; September '08- BCV; January '09 AKL & BCV SIL Getaway, February '09 CSR & BWV DisBoutique Meet; GF & BCV November '09, 30th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY TRIP March '10, Family Reunion CiCi and Henry's 1st trip to WDW at BCV November '10, Cici and Henry's 1st Halloween at WDW BCV October '11 Kate and Mom at BCV November 2012

Old 03-26-2008, 12:44 PM   #758
ChristaDeVil
DIS Veteran

Love the food pics, but I was wondering if anyone could point me to the booze pics thread that was started. I've been searching, but can't find it!!!!!

Thanks!
Old 03-26-2008, 12:52 PM   #759
BeckWhy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristaDeVil View Post
Love the food pics, but I was wondering if anyone could point me to the booze pics thread that was started. I've been searching, but can't find it!!!!!

Thanks!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1183926

You got pics?
Old 03-26-2008, 01:05 PM   #760
ChristaDeVil
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckWhy View Post
Thanks! Sadly, not yet. But I will in less than a month!
Old 03-26-2008, 01:09 PM   #761
BeckWhy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristaDeVil View Post
Thanks! Sadly, not yet. But I will in less than a month!
LOL! I'm so far ahead of myself... I saw April in your sig... and for some reason I thought it was may!
Old 03-26-2008, 02:10 PM   #762
ChristaDeVil
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckWhy View Post
LOL! I'm so far ahead of myself... I saw April in your sig... and for some reason I thought it was may!
That's okay! I would never know what day (much less month) it was if I didn't have my calendar permanently attached to my hand.
Old 03-26-2008, 02:31 PM   #763
Mister Disney
Ludwig Von Drake of Disney Fine Dining

How about some Casey's corndogs and fries to take your mind off the bickering over the turkey legs?

Mister Disney a.k.a. Bob and Kevin a.k.a. Mr. D's K-Man
Old 03-26-2008, 02:36 PM   #764
Mister Disney

or maybe a $175 version of pork and beans from V&A's chef table a couple of years ago?

Old 03-26-2008, 02:46 PM   #765
Mister Disney

or maybe....just maybe that DELICIOUS no sugar added apple sauce that is available to the children at Pop Century?

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: