Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 09:23 AM   #1411
Labzzy
Earning My Ears

Club Level Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycns View Post
I am very interested in hearing recent feedback on the WL club level too. Any and all details are much appreciated!

Thanks so much!!
I have never posted before, so I hope that I am doing this right! Anyhow, I would love to hear feedback as well. We will be staying WL Club level Labor Day Weekend to celebrate Grandpa's Birthday. In my initial contact with the IPO I asked if we could arrange for a special B-day gift to be left in his room and also if they could arrange for "pillow gifts" to be left for our 4 year old son each night. The IPO said that they utilize the Disney Florist for special gifts etc. I was really hoping for something more specific to the WL. In January we stayed AKL Club level with my brother's family. The Concierge staff left different AK plush animals on the kid's beds each night - the kid's were thrilled! They also left other AK inspired surprises and arranged for a Birthday cake that was delivered to the room. I am just wondering if it is out of the realm to ask if gifts specific to the WL (National Park or Native American themed?) would be possible? Any ideas or suggestion would be much appreciated! Thanks for such an informative site!!
Old 07-01-2008, 09:31 AM   #1412
dizneykid
The Tag Fairy offers you pixie dust every day!!
Has a love bug named Dixie!
WL VET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
that we have our "normal" experience of a nice relaxing pool and plenty of chairs in only 3 more days
Minnie,

Here is hoping also!!!!

I know that the 4th of July weekend will be busy, BUT, I just heard from a friend at the Lodge that from July 7th through the next two weeks, the Lodge is WAY BELOW capacity. So, you should have a very relaxing time next week!

So this is love!
Jeanne Marcel Dixie Remy Jack

Last edited by dizneykid; 07-01-2008 at 10:03 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2008, 09:51 AM   #1413
jebns
Earning My Ears

Sleeping Kids

We're set for a trip down from Oct 19 - 24 with a Courtyard View room (two doubles). We have twin 5yo boys and a daughter that will be 15 mos. I was wondering what experiences (good & bad) folks have had with sleeping a baby / toddler in a pack n' play in the room? I have concerns that the baby will have problems sleeping or that her sleep patterns will affect the other kids. Ultimately trying to decide if it's worth downgrading the resort to get a larger room or two-bedroom. Any advice / comments would be MUCH appreciated! Thanks!
Old 07-01-2008, 10:01 AM   #1414
Minnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneykid View Post
Minnie,

Here is hoping also!!!!

I know that thi 4th of July weekend will be busy, BUT, I just heard from a friend at the Lodge that from July 7th through the next two weeks, the Lodge is WAY BELOW capacity. So, you should have a very relaxing time next week!
I'm so excited and I just can't hide it.....

That is awesome news!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe when I changed our ressies from the BC that almost every category had room availability. We are sooooo ready to go "home"
Old 07-01-2008, 10:11 AM   #1415
tardin1964
I need it.....
I want it.....
Please........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
I'm so excited and I just can't hide it.....

That is awesome news!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe when I changed our ressies from the BC that almost every category had room availability. We are sooooo ready to go "home"
Minnie...have a great trip. I hope too that you find the pool, and the lodge in general, not very crowded.

Can't wait to read your trip report hint...hint.......hint..........

Poly 8/79, 8/81, 8/83
GF 8/92
WL 11/03, 11/05, 8/08
DCL 11/10
POFQ 6/11
Old 07-01-2008, 11:57 AM   #1416
AUdisfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebns View Post
We're set for a trip down from Oct 19 - 24 with a Courtyard View room (two doubles). We have twin 5yo boys and a daughter that will be 15 mos.* I was wondering what experiences (good & bad) folks have had with sleeping a baby / toddler in a pack n' play in the room?* I have concerns that the baby will have problems sleeping or that her sleep patterns will affect the other kids.* Ultimately trying to decide if it's worth downgrading the resort to get a larger room or two-bedroom.* Any advice / comments would be MUCH appreciated!* Thanks!
We did have problems on our last trip with our DS sleeping in the pack-n-play. He was 13 months at the time. I think a lot of it was just being in a different place in general. For our trip in Dec I am going to buy a pack-n-play cushioned liner. Our Target sells them. I think that will help a lot. We will be in 2 bdr at the villas at WL. We will all be sleeping in one room again and my parents will be in the other bdr. The baby having a hard time sleeping didn't affect my then 4 yr old. She slept right on through. Hope that helps and that you get to stay at WL. It's the best!

Old 07-01-2008, 12:19 PM   #1417
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebns View Post
We're set for a trip down from Oct 19 - 24 with a Courtyard View room (two doubles). We have twin 5yo boys and a daughter that will be 15 mos. I was wondering what experiences (good & bad) folks have had with sleeping a baby / toddler in a pack n' play in the room? I have concerns that the baby will have problems sleeping or that her sleep patterns will affect the other kids. Ultimately trying to decide if it's worth downgrading the resort to get a larger room or two-bedroom. Any advice / comments would be MUCH appreciated! Thanks!

Downgrading the resort will mean a smaller room unless you book 2 rooms or a Family Suite at All Star Music - maybe that is worth considering? There is a great information thread for the AS Suites:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1072409

Although I cannot speak with recent experience, when our children were young I would have had the same concerns - what to do with 2 active 5 yr olds when trying to get a toddler to nap/sleep in the same room.

WL rooms are small - not like a usual deluxe. The rooms are only 4 sq ft larger the CBR rooms - and WL have queen beds, rather than full. This is a lovely resort, but the rooms are not like CR, Poly or GF (BC/YC/BW are not as large as CR/Poly/GF).

Hope it works out great no matter which resort you choose to stay!

Have a wonderful trip - so much fun with 5 yr olds!!

Old 07-01-2008, 01:44 PM   #1418
farmbabe
Earning My Ears

I'm not sure if this will help, but my hubby and I took our 4 and then 1yo in January 2008. The 1yo was in the pack-n-play Disney provided. She would not sleep in that in the same room with the rest of us. I finally moved it around the wall that seperates the bedroom from the vanity area. Then she couldn't see us and cry to sleep with us. The 4yo slept in both the bottom and top of the bunk bed and did fine.

Next trip they both will be big enough for beds!

Have fun
Old 07-01-2008, 02:29 PM   #1419
mommylo
Mouseketeer

OMG! I can't believe I just found this thread

Hi everyone! We are leaving in 20 days for VWL and I can't believe I haven't found this thread earlier I spent the whole morning (yes, it took me a long time to go through all 95 pages...) and now I am more excited than ever. Thank you Beckie and other fellow VL veterans for all your valuable information. Hopefully I will be able to experience some of the best of what VL is able to offer in the 10 days I am there

2007-ASMu (Our 1st WDW trip,Grand Gathering),July08 VWL,Oct08 HGVC Int'l Drive,Dec08 HGVC Seaworld, March09 AKV,Sept09 Disneyland Hotel (D23),Oct09 AKV,Dec09 BLT & 3 day DCL Wonder,May2010 BWV,Aug2010 GCV,Dec2010 BLT,Feb2011 DCL Dream, Dec2011 BCV & DCL Dream, Jan2012 Disneyland GCV(Tinkerbell 1/2 marathon), Feb 2012 AKV(Princess 1/2 marathon), March2012 NYC 1/2 Marathon, Oct2012 Chicago Marathon, Jan2013 WDW Full Marathon,March 2013 NYC 1/2 Marathon
Old 07-01-2008, 02:30 PM   #1420
AlexWyattMommy
Okay, here I am, out of high school and still with the big hair
"You would look like a stupid pony"
I can answer - BEEF and WILLIS

I have a question I didn't see answered in the first few pages...

While looking at other than Disney resorts I found this on one of those pages

SELF PARKING FEE: $15.00 USD per night payable directly to the hotel at check-in. Rate subject to change without notice.

Do Disney resorts have this? I will be surprised with an extra fee when checking in?

4 people + 1 travel trailer = tons of giggles
Old 07-01-2008, 02:37 PM   #1421
diberry
DIS Veteran

No, there are no parking fees at the resorts.

WDW - 1996 offsite, 1997 Dixie Landings, 2001 AKL & All Star Sport, 2002 All Star Music & Contemporary, 2003 Caribbean Beach, 2004 Pop Century, 2006 POFQ, 2008 WL, 2009 OKW, 2010 SSR, 2012 SSR, 2013 SSR
DLC - 2005 offsite
DLP - April 2004 Cheyenne, Oct & Dec 2004 Santa Fe, Nov 2005 Sequoia Lodge, June 2006 SL, May 2007 Cheyenne, Jan 2008 Marriott, Dec 2008 Cheyenne, Oct 2009 Cheyenne, Oct 2010 Cheyenne, Feb 2010 Cheyenne, June 2011 Ibis, Oct 2012 Marriott
Old 07-01-2008, 03:37 PM   #1422
TPCShauna
Most Cheerful Creativear
I think "Under the Sea" would be a nice place to live
I definitely think that the colored mini marshmallows make the best peep poop

Location: Orlando, FL - just minutes from the magic! (but I'm still a Texas girl at heart!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexWyattMommy View Post
I have a question I didn't see answered in the first few pages...

While looking at other than Disney resorts I found this on one of those pages

SELF PARKING FEE: $15.00 USD per night payable directly to the hotel at check-in. Rate subject to change without notice.

Do Disney resorts have this? I will be surprised with an extra fee when checking in?
Nice to see you away from "home"!

Anyway, Disney resorts have free self-parking. Valet is $10 per day.

When is your trip?
Old 07-01-2008, 03:42 PM   #1423
AlexWyattMommy
Okay, here I am, out of high school and still with the big hair
"You would look like a stupid pony"
I can answer - BEEF and WILLIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPCShauna View Post
Nice to see you away from "home"!

Anyway, Disney resorts have free self-parking. Valet is $10 per day.

When is your trip?

I really dislike when hotels add fees - resort fee, parking fee, gee you get to stay here fee.

I didn't remember one from 2006, but didn't know if policy changed.

We arrive at the Lodge on August 18th.

4 people + 1 travel trailer = tons of giggles
Old 07-01-2008, 03:48 PM   #1424
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexWyattMommy View Post

We arrive at the Lodge on August 18th.
We'll be there then too!!

Old 07-01-2008, 08:30 PM   #1425
Majestic
News at 11 with your anchorman Fred
WL VET
Father of the WL Memories Box

Hey! Wanted to pop in and say hello!! Hope that all is well with everyone.

What happened to the Humphrey thread?

We'll be back at the world again in December for MouseFest.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: