Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 03:16 PM   #1396
momjkm
DIS Veteran

sturdy branches?

I never see anyone mention experiences here--- good, bad or otherwise...so has anyone used the facilties or services? I would love a massage but so much more $$ than at home... kwim?? which is funny as I am already spending so much on this vacation--- what is one more thing??
Jill
Old 06-30-2008, 03:38 PM   #1397
jfoofj
DIS Veteran

balcony or patio?

OK.... I have pretty much decided that my room request will be for a ground floor room, but I am hesitant to give up a balcony for a patio. Does anyone know for sure if there are any courtyard view bunkbed rooms on the first floor close to the pool? And hopefully to the DSA near the pool? I don't know what I want to do.... DH is a smoker and I want to get him close to a DSA, and I think just walking out of my room and being close to the pool would be wonderful, but when I think of my room at the WL I just envision having a balcony.

Maybe I will just be crazy and make no request at all and see what fate gives me?!?!?!?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2008, 03:59 PM   #1398
jaycns
I am green with envy. Vanilla Ice is MY closet obsession!
I've got PUNKY POWER!
ppppfartttt - it was the SHOES! I swear!
It's wonderful to see the dropper of the poo

I am very interested in hearing recent feedback on the WL club level too. Any and all details are much appreciated!

And now a question about room requests, we are booked into a deluxe room. Do any of those rooms come with Wishes views? For those who have stayed in them (or just those in the know) what would you suggest requesting as far as area/level of the resort for a room request?

Thanks so much!!
Old 06-30-2008, 04:31 PM   #1399
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfoofj View Post
OK.... I have pretty much decided that my room request will be for a ground floor room, but I am hesitant to give up a balcony for a patio. Does anyone know for sure if there are any courtyard view bunkbed rooms on the first floor close to the pool? And hopefully to the DSA near the pool? I don't know what I want to do.... DH is a smoker and I want to get him close to a DSA, and I think just walking out of my room and being close to the pool would be wonderful, but when I think of my room at the WL I just envision having a balcony.

Maybe I will just be crazy and make no request at all and see what fate gives me?!?!?!?
Maybe you could request a 1st fl, inner courtyard,near a DSA? You have pd for bunkbeds so do not have to worry about that. The patios are very nice. Do not think you'd be disappointed as everything would be so handy and your hubby could walk over to a DSA without having to take an elevator.

We were hoping for a patio but due to needing an accessible room they put us on an upper floor, inner courtyard, south wing, with connecting rooms. Hoping we'll be surprised and can see EWP from the balcony, even if looking to the side. Fingers crossed

Fingers crossed for you too!!

Old 06-30-2008, 06:04 PM   #1400
DiznEeyore
Donkey-Huggin' DVC Member
Dedicated Disney Scrapbooker
Thanks for un-confusing me

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycns View Post
I am very interested in hearing recent feedback on the WL club level too. Any and all details are much appreciated!
I would love to hear feedback, too.

We are currently booked for one night in a one-bedroom at VWL (we move to BCV for the rest of our Christmas trip the next day), and are thinking maybe it's a waste of space/money for one night. We've stayed in all 3 villa types at VWL, but have only stayed one night at the WL, back in 2001 (and before the renovation).

So now we're thinking of just staying in the Lodge itself, and can't decide if we should to save a little money and try something different. If we do, then our choice is a courtyard view or spending the $124 more for a concierge room.

Any opinions would be welcome!

Also, I went through the bulk of the thread and didn't see any recent info about Ranger Stan. I know I'd heard he planned to retire, but wasn't sure if he actually had or not. He told us back in '01 that he was considering retiring, but obviously that didn't happen!

TIA!
Old 06-30-2008, 08:31 PM   #1401
mskayjay
They were sooooo good I had um.....a few.....okay fine.....several!
I have the coolest memories of going on that ride over and over with my cousin

I am trying desperately to see what a King bed room looks like and can't find one. Can someone point me to one on this thread? Thanks!

Golf Resort (SOG now!)1974*Polynesian Resort 1976* Off site 1990*Tree House Villas 1992*Caribbean Beach Resort 1998*Off site 2004*Animal Kingdom Lodge 2006*Wilderness Lodge 2008*Wilderness Lodge 2009*Wilderness Lodge 2010*Animal Kingdom Villas 2011* Wilerness Lodge Villas 2011*
Old 06-30-2008, 08:49 PM   #1402
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

The only one I've seen is an accessible room:

http://allears.net/acc/g_wl3.htm

Maybe this thread ~ Wilderness Lodge photo thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1717127

Hope this helps!

Old 07-01-2008, 06:05 AM   #1403
ang38
A gift from the Yacht Club

What would you like to know about CL? We were just there last month so ask away

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycns View Post

And now a question about room requests, we are booked into a deluxe room. Do any of those rooms come with Wishes views? For those who have stayed in them (or just those in the know) what would you suggest requesting as far as area/level of the resort for a room request?

Thanks so much!!
Old 07-01-2008, 06:28 AM   #1404
Troop o' Goofs
"Inside every sophisticated grownup adult is a little kid just dying to get out." Walter Elias Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiznEeyore View Post
I would love to hear feedback, too.

Also, I went through the bulk of the thread and didn't see any recent info about Ranger Stan. I know I'd heard he planned to retire, but wasn't sure if he actually had or not. He told us back in '01 that he was considering retiring, but obviously that didn't happen!

TIA!
Ranger Stan was still there this past November (2007).

Former Cast Member
DH, DW, DS10, DS8 & DD5
DisneyMoon 1997 WL & BW, WL 2007, DCL 2011

Old 07-01-2008, 07:20 AM   #1405
dizneykid
The Tag Fairy offers you pixie dust every day!!
Has a love bug named Dixie!
WL VET

Quote:
Originally Posted by momjkm View Post
I never see anyone mention experiences here--- good, bad or otherwise...so has anyone used the facilties or services? I would love a massage but so much more $$ than at home... kwim?? which is funny as I am already spending so much on this vacation--- what is one more thing??
Jill
Jill,

I can help with this. My DH absolutely loves getting a message at Sturdy Branches. I always make an appointment for him whenever we go. We usually go around 4/5 times a year so that is alot of messages!!

It is more expensive but it's Disney pricing. The message is the same as you would get at home. My DH always enjoys them. He says they ask him some questions before and then sees if he has any allergies.

The room is very comfortable. The staff is amazing. Steve, the manager is wonderful. You never feel rushed and they make you feel welcomed. My DH had a message at Saratoga Springs Spa and he likes the one at Sturdy Branches better. The floor over at SS is tile and when the tech moves the chair around all he heard was "click clack". It ruined the mood. Sturdy Branches has a nice carpet and he says it is very relaxing.

Hope this helps.

So this is love!
Jeanne Marcel Dixie Remy Jack
Old 07-01-2008, 07:23 AM   #1406
dizneykid
WL VET

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiznEeyore View Post

TIA!
Ranger Stan is still there. Although not as much as he used to be. He works only a few days a week and not many hours.

He still is a greeter and he will still do some tours.

It is so wonderful when we arrive and see his smiling face. Makes you know you are "home"!

So this is love!
Old 07-01-2008, 07:27 AM   #1407
dizneykid
WL VET

Quote:
Originally Posted by tardin1964 View Post
Minnie,

Sorry...but have to disagree with you about the chair saving at the main pool. Both our visits to the WL I thought this was a problem. It was obvious that some folks would but stuff down on chairs in the morning and not return until later in the day.

From reading other posts, however, I think the lifeguards at many of the resort pools are removing items from chairs if it looks like they are just being saved by people.

Maybe we can get some more thoughts from others that have recently returned from the WL???
I also have to agree with Tardin regarding the WL pool. We go many times throughout the year (some times I think I live there) and lately the pool has been extremely crowded. I have some pictures and will have to get them to Beckie to post. I'm terrible at posting them.

When we were there in May, the pool was packed like sardines. Guests were still having a great time, though.

The Lodge also has a Pool Party that happens on certain days of the week so that attracks guests.

The one thing I did notice is that the WL pool does have many chairs, so I would not worry about getting one. Guests come and go all day long!!

So this is love!
Old 07-01-2008, 07:32 AM   #1408
dizneykid
WL VET

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemoryMakers2669 View Post
I am here now, at the WL, on the Club Level, if anyone has any questions or if you want any specific pictures. Very different experience here over our stay the last three days at the Yacht Club Concierge level.
I think what everyone wants to hear regarding the Club Level is the difference from the Yacht Club to the Wilderness Lodge.

I would like to hear this also since I have seen both. Although I have never stayed Yacht Club I have been up there to visit many times. This would make some very interesting reading. Hope we get a report soon.

So this is love!
Old 07-01-2008, 08:01 AM   #1409
Minnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneykid View Post
I also have to agree with Tardin regarding the WL pool. We go many times throughout the year (some times I think I live there) and lately the pool has been extremely crowded. I have some pictures and will have to get them to Beckie to post. I'm terrible at posting them.

When we were there in May, the pool was packed like sardines. Guests were still having a great time, though.

The Lodge also has a Pool Party that happens on certain days of the week so that attracks guests.

The one thing I did notice is that the WL pool does have many chairs, so I would not worry about getting one. Guests come and go all day long!!
that we have our "normal" experience of a nice relaxing pool and plenty of chairs in only 3 more days
Old 07-01-2008, 08:09 AM   #1410
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
Florida people eat Gators....THE CIRCLE OF LIFE.
I love to laugh!

Minnie

Remember if things are too crazy at the Silver Creek Springs Pool you may always walk over to the smaller Hidden Springs Pool at the Villas.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: