Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 05:32 PM   #886
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Well, I finally got my AAA agent to finalize my ressie for Dec 13-21 and we have a woods view room and supposed to have a roll-in shower for mom. I just couldn't justify spending the extra $1200 on club level, maybe for our 10th Anniversary in 2011. We will still be at WL and that is what counts.

Suzanne
Old 05-13-2008, 09:20 AM   #887
05MM08MM
DIS Veteran

Has anyone shipped themselves a package to WL? Was wondering if they have a holding fee or not. We won't be in till Sunday afternoon and since Monday is a holiday, there will be no deliveries then, so wanted to see if it got their Friday would they have any problems holding it for us that long and if they charge anything. This seems to be different by resort, so thought I would ask.

TIA

March 1997 WDW Offsite, May 2008 Wilderness Lodge, Sept 2009 Portofino Inn & Suites - D23 Expo, Sept. 2009 Pop Century, Nov/Dec 2010 Sheraton Vistana Resort - offsite WDW, Jan 2011 Pop Century, Aug 2011 Eden Roc Inn Anaheim - D23 Expo, Nov 2011 Marriot Grande Vista Resort - offsite WDW, Aug 2012 HOJO Anahiem - DLR, Oct 2012 Disney Magic Cruise, Dec 2012 Disney Dream Cruise & Art of Animation WDW, Feb 2013 Disney Magic Cruise, June 2013 Coronado Springs WDW, Nov 2013 Disney Magic Cruise
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-13-2008, 09:55 AM   #888
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

We are arriving on Thursday morning. Our flight is supposed to arrive around 9 am. We wanted to stop at Wal-Mart before and get milk and some food. If our room isn't ready, do they have a fridge to store the milk and other stuff that needs to be kept cold? I know POFQ would do that for us, but our room was ready when we got there.

Thanks!

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:11 AM   #889
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
Florida people eat Gators....THE CIRCLE OF LIFE.
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas_Lady View Post
I have a question, are the queen beds stationary or can I move one against the wall. I did this at CBR for my then-12 month old so I could better contain her at night. I will have a two year old the next trip and will probably need to do this as well.
Dallas_Lady

I'm not going to say they are stationary but they are very heavy, most guest just request Bed Rails from housekeeping they work really well and would be safer. If you book Bunk Beds they have the bed rails already on the bed.

Beckie
Old 05-13-2008, 11:22 AM   #890
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

05MM08MM

I have never had to ship or mail anything to the Lodge so I'm no real help. Other then calling the Lodge direct for their policy about storage/holding charge.

I know that guest leave packages for other guest with bell services for a day or two, so your should be fine having it delivered on Friday just make sure your arrival date and reservation # is marked clearly on the package.

Good Luck
Beckie
Old 05-13-2008, 11:23 AM   #891
M303871
Earning My Ears

No there is no fee for having a package shipped to WL we shipped my wifes wedding dress and our welcome bag items shipped down in 05 and there were no extra fees then, also yes the bellhops can keep cold items cold for you.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:31 AM   #892
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
If our room isn't ready, do they have a fridge to store the milk and other stuff that needs to be kept cold?
DreaGril

Bell Servives will have refrigerators for food and medical usage. (All food *MUST* be factory sealed) They will also have a locked area for valuables such as laptops, cameras, and other electronics. Just make sure they know which items (bags) need refrigeration and that they place a luggage clam ticket on the items.

Beckie
Old 05-13-2008, 09:56 PM   #893
TylerAggie
Mouseketeer

We will be staying at WL June 1-7 on our first trip to Disneyworld. I was wondering where is the best place to watch the Electrical Water Pageant?
Old 05-13-2008, 10:26 PM   #894
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerAggie View Post
We will be staying at WL June 1-7 on our first trip to Disneyworld. I was wondering where is the best place to watch the Electrical Water Pageant?
At the boat dock or beach, if you want to be close by.

Suzanne
Old 05-14-2008, 06:55 AM   #895
burberryplaid
Addicted to SOARIN's Orange Scent
Has an affinity for cupcakes
There's nothing like leaving all your cares behind you and getting to be 6 years old all over again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05MM08MM View Post
Has anyone shipped themselves a package to WL? Was wondering if they have a holding fee or not. We won't be in till Sunday afternoon and since Monday is a holiday, there will be no deliveries then, so wanted to see if it got their Friday would they have any problems holding it for us that long and if they charge anything. This seems to be different by resort, so thought I would ask.

TIA
Quote:
Originally Posted by M303871 View Post
No there is no fee for having a package shipped to WL we shipped my wifes wedding dress and our welcome bag items shipped down in 05 and there were no extra fees then, also yes the bellhops can keep cold items cold for you.
I can confirm this. We had water shipped when we were there a couple of weeks ago and they held it for us. There was no fee charged.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:10 AM   #896
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICinMYHEART View Post
DreaGril

Bell Servives will have refrigerators for food and medical usage. (All food *MUST* be factory sealed) They will also have a locked area for valuables such as laptops, cameras, and other electronics. Just make sure they know which items (bags) need refrigeration and that they place a luggage clam ticket on the items.

Beckie
Thank you!! We will be coming from Wal-Mart so everything should be sealed!

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:40 PM   #897
westie22
Earning My Ears

Smile 1st family trip to WDW and WL!!

I've finally read all 60 pages of this thread and am so excited. We will be going on our first family trip to WDW and will be staying at the WL. I'm a teacher and we get a week off for Thanksgiving so will be going 11/21-11/27. We're even getting there on a night of MVMCP ( but $175 for the tix for 3 ) My daughter will have just turned 5 and we'll be celebrating her b-day along with our anniversary while we're there. I guess we'll have several buttons (1st timers, b-day and anniversary)!

Oh when, oh when, will they post the Nov. operating hours??? Our 180 day for ADR's is coming up!!
Old 05-14-2008, 12:49 PM   #898
05MM08MM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by burberryplaid View Post
I can confirm this. We had water shipped when we were there a couple of weeks ago and they held it for us. There was no fee charged.
Thanks for verifying that.

So the UPS/FedEx label should look like this:

Wilderness Lodge
My Name
5/25/08 - 5/30/08 (my dates, or just arrival date?)
Reservation # (same as confrimation #?)
901 Timberline Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Thanks again everyone.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:01 PM   #899
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by westie22 View Post
I've finally read all 60 pages of this thread and am so excited. We will be going on our first family trip to WDW and will be staying at the WL. I'm a teacher and we get a week off for Thanksgiving so will be going 11/21-11/27. We're even getting there on a night of MVMCP ( but $175 for the tix for 3 ) My daughter will have just turned 5 and we'll be celebrating her b-day along with our anniversary while we're there. I guess we'll have several buttons (1st timers, b-day and anniversary)!

Oh when, oh when, will they post the Nov. operating hours??? Our 180 day for ADR's is coming up!!
Congratulations!

We have been to Disney before, but never just the three of us, so we're very excited to be staying at the Wilderness Lodge in September.

I hope your trip is wonderful.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:32 PM   #900
Grumpy3
Mouseketeer

WL construction photos???????

We would love to see how the WL was built; does anyone have or know where we can find any photos of the WL when it was being built in the early 90's? Thanks!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: