Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 10:25 AM   #871
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
Florida people eat Gators....THE CIRCLE OF LIFE.
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald & Daisy Duck View Post
I have a questions to ask all of you WL experts....we are considering staying at either the WL or GF for 4-5 nights in early December. Can you tell me why you prefer WL so that I can make my decision easier. We have stayed at the GF once last summer, but I do like to try different resorts. I did like the fact that we could take the monorail to MK and Epcot. What are your thoughts. Thanks. We are trying to go for MVMCP.
Donald & Daisy Duck

A few years ago I decided I wanted to stay at the Grand Floridian for Christmas we were also going to attend MVMCP and I thought it would be easy peasy to ride the monorail to and from the Magic Kingdom. Going to the party it was...trying to get back not so easy. Waiting for the Monorail was just like waiting during regular Park closing, multitudes of guest. I also felt that with all the stops it took forever, while it didn't after a long day it just seemed that way. Taking the direct bus back to the Lodge or waiting for the motor launch would have been just as easy.

I felt like I had spent way too much money for the room. While it was a great room I had a view of the top of the Lodge from my balcony. I kept thinking for the same price I could have booked Club Level over at the Lodge and I could be a few feet from my room and enjoying all the Christmas decorations in the Lobby. With the lay-out of the Grand Floridian being in a building not attached to the lobby it seemed the only time we even saw the lobby was when we were rushing to or from a park. When you are at the Lodge everything is located just a short walk from your room in the one building.

I have stayed in most all the WDW resorts and have enjoyed my stays at each resort, so you will have a wonderful trip whichever Resort you decide.

Beckie
Old 05-11-2008, 10:39 AM   #872
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte View Post
Last week we booked one night at the WL to end our vacation (we are staying at the shades of green for the first 9 nights.) This was an AP rate for a courtyard view. I have never stayed there before but the CM talked us into the courtyard view even though I had wanted the standard room price. He said we would love it ... we would see the pool from our room. We did not make any room requests because the CM said all courtyard rooms have to face the courtyard and therefore must be "pool view."
After reading just a few pages here and there on this thread I am thinking that his information was not exactly correct. After paying all that money I just want to be sure what we can expect upon checking in.
What types of views will we get if we make no requests and if we need to make a request what should that be (we really thought that we were booking a main pool view room.)
Thanks
Bronte

I wonder how many times that Cast Member has stayed at Wilderness Lodge. Now that you have read all the information you should decide if the Courtyard View is what you want, if it is just call back and have INNER-COURTYARD VIEW added to your reservation, that way the room assigner will know you want the main pool and not the pool over at the Villas.

Beckie
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2008, 10:48 AM   #873
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

I'm getting excited for my trip, even though I have to wait until September. I remember the last time I stayed deluxe, which was about four years ago, they did offer turndown service. I see on the WDW website that at the Wilderness Lodge turndown service is available upon request. Has anyone used this recently, and if so did you make arrangements at check in for the whole stay, or did you have to call daily and request it? Thanks much!
Old 05-11-2008, 11:06 AM   #874
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

TarzansKat

From all the information I have, calling Housekeeping from your room after check-in and requesting turn-down for the duration of your stay has received the most consistency in turn-down service.

Most guest leave an additional Mousekeeping tip in the afternon after your room has been cleaned for the day. This way the Mousekeeper actualy doing the turn-down service receives the tip this should be only a dollar or two per night.

Beckie
Old 05-11-2008, 11:51 AM   #875
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo
Iím SERIOUS..milk just fell from my --- udder

Lodgers ~

July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Old 05-11-2008, 12:36 PM   #876
dizneykid
The Tag Fairy offers you pixie dust every day!!
Has a love bug named Dixie!
WL VET

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICinMYHEART View Post
Kimmar
I may have to break the arm off.

Beckie
Beckie,

NOW BE GOOD!!!!

Don't make Terry crazy!! You know he is trying to be good.

Also remember, that your trip is during Food and Wine Festival and there will also be OTHER expenses incurred! Lots of paid events!!!!

So this is love!
Jeanne Marcel Dixie Remy Jack
Old 05-11-2008, 12:49 PM   #877
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

Jeanne

I know, I know...but I want what I want...I have been trying to justify the Presidential or Vice Presidential Suites just for one night. Not a $00.00 day.

Beckie
Old 05-11-2008, 12:57 PM   #878
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

Kimmar

Happy Mother's Day to you.

Me I'm not anyones Mom, and this is the first Mother's Day I haven't been with my Mother because she took a road-trip without me.

Beckie
Old 05-11-2008, 01:07 PM   #879
dizneykid
The Tag Fairy offers you pixie dust every day!!
Has a love bug named Dixie!
WL VET

Quote:
Jeanne

I know, I know...but I want what I want...I have been trying to justify the Presidential or Vice Presidential Suites just for one night. Not a $00.00 day.

Beckie

OK, that is MANY, MANY NO $00.00 DAYS!!!!!

So this is love!
Jeanne Marcel Dixie Remy Jack
Old 05-11-2008, 03:45 PM   #880
Bronte
DIS Veteran

Thanks Beckie
I will call tommarow and request the "inner-courtyard view."
Old 05-11-2008, 08:04 PM   #881
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
TarzansKat

From all the information I have, calling Housekeeping from your room after check-in and requesting turn-down for the duration of your stay has received the most consistency in turn-down service.

Most guest leave an additional Mousekeeping tip in the afternon after your room has been cleaned for the day. This way the Mousekeeper actualy doing the turn-down service receives the tip this should be only a dollar or two per night.

Beckie
Thanks for the quick response, Beckie! You're so great at getting back to everyone, I really appreciate it!

I hope everone had a lovely Mother's Day!
Old 05-11-2008, 10:07 PM   #882
GatorEye
Mouseketeer

Hey WLers. Haven't been here in several months and come to see we have a new thread! The opening post looks great.

I've been to DW for a few weekend trips over the last few months and this weekend I was shocked. I have a DS2 and DS5. We bring our own stroller for the DS2 but usually rent a double stroller for the DS5 as he gets lazy during the day and we find it useful to carry things in.

On Saturday I did a trip with just myself and my DS5. When we got to the park I go to rent the double stroller like I normally do ($18) and they tell me it is now $31! OK I get the overpriced food and t-shirts and other merchandise. But without question I'd have to put $31 for the double stroller rental into a clear rip-off category. To raise the price that much is in itself ridiculous, but I don't see any justification in it. I live just a couple hours away so I can bring a stroller in the car if I need it. However, I'm guessing the captive audience who flies to Orlando and can't bring their strollers aren't going to be thrilled about spending close to $200 to rent a stroller for the week (with whatever the discount is if they pay for the entire week in advance).

When I told my wife about it she said we may need to bring our monster double stroller for the next trip. But the thought of trying to load that thing on the small boats from WL to the MK or even worse on the buses makes me cringe.

I'm curious if anyone else has thoughts on this. With the money I already spend there (which I really don't mind), this seems like a kick in the gut. My guess is they figure families pay for one stroller, claim the lose it, then come back to claim another. It certainly can't be they need to keep up with the cost of maintenance on those things. I mean at that price the cost of one is probably paid for in 2 or 3 days of rental.

Oh well. Still looking forward to our Christmas trip at the WL!
Old 05-12-2008, 08:24 AM   #883
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorEye View Post
I'm curious if anyone else has thoughts on this. With the money I already spend there (which I really don't mind), this seems like a kick in the gut. My guess is they figure families pay for one stroller, claim the lose it, then come back to claim another. It certainly can't be they need to keep up with the cost of maintenance on those things. I mean at that price the cost of one is probably paid for in 2 or 3 days of rental.
Gatoreye

Yes the price increase is extreme, I read several of the Threads here on the DIS a few weeks ago when the new prices were announced and thought "I'm glad our stroller days are behind us." Sorry the new prices caught you off guard.

I have read the strollers are provided by an outside source, so Disney doesn't control rental prices. I'm not sure how correct this is, because you would think Disney would control everything concerning it's guest while visiting their Parks.

Some DIS-members have started Stroller Swaps, to try and combat the high prices. While others have posted that you can purchase a nice stroller at the resorts and parks for around $40.00. Either of these two options would be better than paying the rental charges.

Note: Wheelchair and EVC rental fees have also have an increase.

Beckie
Old 05-12-2008, 08:36 AM   #884
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo
Iím SERIOUS..milk just fell from my --- udder

Quote:
Kimmar

Happy Mother's Day to you.

Me I'm not anyones Mom, and this is the first Mother's Day I haven't been with my Mother because she took a road-trip without me.
....well, THAT wasn't very 'motherly' of her....
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Old 05-12-2008, 03:51 PM   #885
Dallas_Lady
I only work for the vacation money

We are condsidering the WL for our December 2010 trip (I know, a long way off...) I have a question, are the queen beds stationary or can I move one against the wall. I did this at CBR for my then-12 month old so I could better contain her at night. I will have a two year old the next trip and will probably need to do this as well.

Thanks!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: