Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 02:15 PM   #856
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo
Iím SERIOUS..milk just fell from my --- udder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICinMYHEART View Post
Erika

I'm so glad you had a great trip can't wait to see the photo's.

Now you have stayed in both of my home resorts isn't it strange that the trips can be so different just by staying at another resort.

Our next trip will be The Food & Wine Festival in October, we already have our reservations over at The BoardWalk Villas. I'm just trying to talk Terry into a few days @ the Lodge....
...you 'arm-twister', you....
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Old 05-10-2008, 02:18 PM   #857
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
Florida people eat Gators....THE CIRCLE OF LIFE.
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaffinito View Post
I have a boat question for you. Will the MK boats be running after the MNSSHP? Or will we have to take the bus?
Yes Both the boat and the bus will be operating as long as the Magic Kingdom is open, and for an hour and 1/2 afterwards.

Beckie
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2008, 02:20 PM   #858
kaffinito
Grant me the Serenity to Accept the Reservations I Cannot Change
Lock yourself in there for a few minutes and sing a happy song until the angry gerbils in your head stop stomping on your brain!

Thank you very much!!

Old 05-10-2008, 02:38 PM   #859
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
We have an 8:00 ADR at Crystal Palace.
For all you WL vets, which do you think we should take, boat or bus? Also, do the buses start running early?
DreaGirl
It depends...Is the day you have your ADR a Morning Extra Magic Hour day? I need to know if the Magic Kingdom opens @ 8:00am, if it does then yes the direct Red Flag Boat would get you there in time if you are at the dock and catch the first boat.

If the Magic Kingdom doesn't open until 9:00am then the Red Flag Boat will not be operating yet.

The resort buses start running at 7:00am I would be at the bus stop no later than 7:15am.

Or the small resort Blue Flag Motor Launchs start operating @ 6:45am you may take the boat over to the Contemporary Resort then either:

a.) From the Contemporary Lobby take the Resort Monorail back around to the Magic Kingdom.

b.) Walk from the Contemporary to the Magic Kingdom using the walkway that is to the south side of the resort. (This option is quicker than taking the monorail around in my opinion.)

Taking the Direct Bus from the Lodge to the Magic Kingdom would be the quickest/fastest way to the Magic Kingdom.

Beckie
Old 05-10-2008, 03:03 PM   #860
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

Quote:
...you 'arm-twister', you....
Kimmar
I may have to break the arm off.

Beckie
Old 05-10-2008, 03:04 PM   #861
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone! It is NOT an EMH day, so I guess we'll take the bus.

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 05-10-2008, 03:07 PM   #862
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

Have a Magical Trip.
Old 05-10-2008, 03:11 PM   #863
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo
Iím SERIOUS..milk just fell from my --- udder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICinMYHEART View Post
Kimmar
I may have to break the arm off.

Beckie
.... ...OUCH!! THAT'S gotta leave a mark.....
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Old 05-10-2008, 04:44 PM   #864
aesalsa
I'm the one with the hunka hunka burnin love Hubby

finallydvc08. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by finallydvc08 View Post
Erika,

We, too, will be traveling in the May/first week of June time frame every year (depending on DH work schedule). Maybe one year we can meet up. You look like a fun girl and about my age. I have three kids. My youngest is 3 y.o., so she may be around the same age as your daughter.

If I could figure out how to put a picture in my signature like you did, I would show them off . Because I must confess that I think they are worth looking at (although I am sure most moms feel that way about their kids).

That sounds so nice. Ava just made 2 in March, and I'll turn the big 3-0 in October.

This is the way I post photos: go to http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/, register, and upload your pictures from your computer. Then you can copy the URL of the image and paste it in your signature through "user CP" at the top of this page.

Hope that this helps. PM me if you need more help!

Old 05-10-2008, 05:43 PM   #865
Donald & Daisy Duck
I even put ketchup on my tag!

I have a questions to ask all of you WL experts....we are considering staying at either the WL or GF for 4-5 nights in early December. Can you tell me why you prefer WL so that I can make my decision easier. We have stayed at the GF once last summer, but I do like to try different resorts. I did like the fact that we could take the monorail to MK and Epcot. What are your thoughts. Thanks. We are trying to go for MVMCP.

Old 05-10-2008, 06:57 PM   #866
burberryplaid
Addicted to SOARIN's Orange Scent
Has an affinity for cupcakes
There's nothing like leaving all your cares behind you and getting to be 6 years old all over again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald & Daisy Duck View Post
I have a questions to ask all of you WL experts....we are considering staying at either the WL or GF for 4-5 nights in early December. Can you tell me why you prefer WL so that I can make my decision easier. We have stayed at the GF once last summer, but I do like to try different resorts. I did like the fact that we could take the monorail to MK and Epcot. What are your thoughts. Thanks. We are trying to go for MVMCP.
We love the theming at WL, which is why it's our preffered resort. We are outdoorsy types, and we like that it feels like you're a million miles away when you're at the resort. I am sure you'd probably feel that way at the GF as well, so I guess I'm no help except in saying it's just our personal style.

Oh, and I forgot to mention..while we were there, there was a direct bus to MK. There was no bus to the TTC from WL. I know there were some conflicting reports about this before we left.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:06 PM   #867
jebns
Earning My Ears

Upgrade availability upon arrival or prior to?

Hey all,

We're staying at WL from 10/19 to 10/24 and currently have a woods room reserved. We have twin five year old boys and a one year old girl. We'd LOVE to be able to upgrade to more space but the price tag for deluxe and/or suite was more than 2x what we booked at. What is the chance of being able to upgrade for short money right before the trip or upon arrival? The thought of lights out for everyone at 7:30 doesn't hold much appeal but neither does doubling our trip costs. . .Thanks for all suggestions and advice.
Elizabeth
Old 05-11-2008, 09:34 AM   #868
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

Elizabeth

While the Wilderness Lodge is very generous with upgrades and changing you from Woods View to Courtyard View may be a possiblily, but for more space or square footage there just aren't that many Suites. There are only a few suites that would give you more room, 25 Deluxe Rooms plus the Presidential & Vice Presidential Suites. These rooms usually booked well in advance and include Club Level Services.

As for upgrading for short money Disney charges the difference between what you payed and the cost of the room you're being upgraded, gone are the days when you could upgrade to concierge for a few dollors more.

After all the above information you may still receive some Pixie Dust and be upgraded to a suite, it is Disney.

Good Luck
Beckie
Old 05-11-2008, 10:03 AM   #869
Minniemouse07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebns View Post
Hey all,

We're staying at WL from 10/19 to 10/24 and currently have a woods room reserved. We have twin five year old boys and a one year old girl. We'd LOVE to be able to upgrade to more space but the price tag for deluxe and/or suite was more than 2x what we booked at. What is the chance of being able to upgrade for short money right before the trip or upon arrival? The thought of lights out for everyone at 7:30 doesn't hold much appeal but neither does doubling our trip costs. . .Thanks for all suggestions and advice.
Elizabeth
I have to share that we stayed at POR in December w/ a 6.5yo and a 2yo and didn't have any sleeping issues. By the time we got back to the room after a day in the parks (heck, even on our "down" days we didn't do parks) both kids were so tired they conked out cold w/ the lights and television on.

Oh, we also didn't put them to bed at 7:30pm... two of our eight nights we closed the parks at midnight and they only crashed as we were leaving!

...WDW/DCL sea/land! August 2011

Old 05-11-2008, 10:16 AM   #870
Bronte
DIS Veteran

Last week we booked one night at the WL to end our vacation (we are staying at the shades of green for the first 9 nights.) This was an AP rate for a courtyard view. I have never stayed there before but the CM talked us into the courtyard view even though I had wanted the standard room price. He said we would love it ... we would see the pool from our room. We did not make any room requests because the CM said all courtyard rooms have to face the courtyard and therefore must be "pool view."
After reading just a few pages here and there on this thread I am thinking that his information was not exactly correct. After paying all that money I just want to be sure what we can expect upon checking in.
What types of views will we get if we make no requests and if we need to make a request what should that be (we really thought that we were booking a main pool view room.)
Thanks
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: