Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 05:50 AM   #841
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Actually, I just upgraded to the Wilderness Lodge this week (previously staying at Pop), when standard view rooms became available. The pp who said that rooms get routed back into open inventory is correct, because I could not find a standard view at all before, but that's what we got. I am very, very excited to stay at WL. To the pp who's looking for woods view, I always checked the wdw website very early in the morning, around 700am. That is when I found my standard view! Hope that helps!
Old 05-09-2008, 03:06 PM   #842
michelleck
Earning My Ears

can we fit 2 cribs?

Hi everyone! I have been reading the posts for awhile now and have enjoyed learning from all of the experiences. Thank you all for the great information provided!

We are going the first week of December and have 2 courtyard view rooms reserved. My husband and I will be in one room with my older son and daughter in the second room. We are also bringing our 2 yr. old twin granddaughters. They will be sleeping in cribs or pack n plays (whatever WL offers). Can anyone tell me what they use? Cribs or pack n plays? When I made the ressies I was told that both would fit in one room.

Question? Will both cribs fit in the same room or should we expect to split them up? If I need to split them up (one in each room) how can I get connecting rooms so that I can keep an eye on them while they nap in the afternoons? Everyone else will probably stay at the parks while the little ones nap and I don't want to leave one baby alone in a room if they are not connecting. Thank for your input!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2008, 09:04 AM   #843
aesalsa
I'm the one with the hunka hunka burnin love Hubby

Returned yesterday from our first stay at the villas. . .

and we LOVED IT!

It felt great to be back at our first resort "love". We felt like we were home.
We swam a couple of times in the villas pool. We saw so many fearless ducklings, too. Bunnies were common to see as well.

The villas' lobby is so beautiful; I didn't expect it. We had room 5530 (1-bedroom) on the 5th floor. We could see over the top of the pines, and we could watch the buses through the trees when we looked right.

It's been a while since we enjoyed WDW vacation this much. We are usually ready to go home by the end of the trip, having had a great time and all, but this time we wanted to stay for another 2 or 3 more days at VWL.

Thank you so much, Beckie, Jeanne, Laura, and Kimmar for all the wonderful wishes you had for us. I will post some pictures in the next couple of weeks.

Old 05-10-2008, 09:07 AM   #844
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

We have an 8:00 ADR at Crystal Palace.

For all you WL vets, which do you think we should take, boat or bus? Also, do the buses start running early?

Thanks!

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:22 AM   #845
aesalsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by finallydvc08 View Post
I think I understand you Beckie. I was also able to find some photos of the balconies on allears.net. It doesn't seem like you would be able to see out much between the enclosed balcony with the big roof sticking out and blocking some of the view underneath. I'm so torn. I love vaulted ceilings, but I also really love a view from the balcony. I wish I could find someone who has been on the 5th floor to tell me how they felt about the balcony.

Yikes! I think that my compulsive planning has kicked in to high gear over this. I hope I don't make myself ill over something that is probably not a big deal.
We just came back from the villas, and we had a 5th floor room with an enclosed balcony and vaulted ceilings. We loved the ceilings ( a lot of character), but the balconies are very private. It was a little darker because of the enclosed nature of the balcony (and I love "light and airy), but it didn't make or break our trip or the enjoyment of it. You definitely cannot see anything if you're sitting down--you must stand. And you cannot see straight down because of the roof. I will try to post some pictures of our view as soon as I can.

On the other hand, we heard some people complaining that they were on the 3rd floor, and all they could see were trees in their faces!

Try to make the best of what you get, and you will enjoy it .

Last edited by aesalsa; 05-10-2008 at 09:40 AM.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:40 AM   #846
finallydvc08
I am the original NDM
squishing Mom's arm fat is fun
My life is driven by Disney

Erika,

Thank you! Your post is what I have been looking for. I really appreciate hearing about the particulars of the room from someone who has stayed in that type of room.

It was also encouraging to hear that the enclosed balcony was not so much a big deal, and that the vaulted ceilings sort of make up for it. I will keep this in mind as I try to decide what type of room I want to request.

Out of curiousity . . . which would you prefer? The ceilings or the open balcony?

I am glad your trip was so great. I can't believe our trip is approximately 20 days away. So much to do to prepare before then.

Do you go to Disney often? We just joined DVC, so we will be going annually now. I look forward to many more trips to VWL and the other resorts.

Well, thanks for your experience and insight. Maybe I will report back to the thread to share about our vacation. Stay tuned!

Old 05-10-2008, 09:53 AM   #847
aesalsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by finallydvc08 View Post
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]
Out of curiousity . . . which would you prefer? The ceilings or the open balcony?

Do you go to Disney often? We just joined DVC, so we will be going annually now. I look forward to many more trips to VWL and the other resorts.
I am glad to help .

If I could choose, I would probably take an open balcony over the vaulted ceilings. I'm not complaining about what we had, because we did enjoy it, but I would like a more open feel.

Since we joined DVC in late 2006, we've gone twice a year: in May and in winter. We are so happy we joined.

I hope that you'll enjoy your trip to VWL and your DVC membership.

Old 05-10-2008, 10:02 AM   #848
finallydvc08
I am the original NDM
squishing Mom's arm fat is fun
My life is driven by Disney

Erika,

We, too, will be traveling in the May/first week of June time frame every year (depending on DH work schedule). Maybe one year we can meet up. You look like a fun girl and about my age. I have three kids. My youngest is 3 y.o., so she may be around the same age as your daughter.

If I could figure out how to put a picture in my signature like you did, I would show them off . Because I must confess that I think they are worth looking at (although I am sure most moms feel that way about their kids).

Old 05-10-2008, 12:47 PM   #849
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

..........another 'trippie' installment posted.....
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Old 05-10-2008, 12:49 PM   #850
kimmar067

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
We have an 8:00 ADR at Crystal Palace.

For all you WL vets, which do you think we should take, boat or bus? Also, do the buses start running early?

Thanks!
...definitely BOAT!
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Old 05-10-2008, 01:13 PM   #851
MomtoGKC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
...definitely BOAT!
But prepare to leave extra time because the MK boats can get crowded in the morning - if you miss one you may have to wait an extra 15-20 minutes.

Mom to DD 11 , DD 9 , DS 7

1975-2011 - Too many trips to remember - CR, Poly, GF, BWI, BCV, WL, AKL, ASMu, POR, CSR, Dolphin, Swan, Treehouses, cabins, tent camping, SOG when it was the golf resort

A few offsite - Hilton Bonnet Creek, Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Buena Vista Palace, Nick Hotel
Old 05-10-2008, 02:01 PM   #852
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
Florida people eat Gators....THE CIRCLE OF LIFE.
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleck View Post
They will be sleeping in cribs or pack n plays (whatever WL offers). Can anyone tell me what they use? Cribs or pack n plays? When I made the ressies I was told that both would fit in one room.
Question? Will both cribs fit in the same room or should we expect to split them up?
Michelleck

The Lodge has the Pack&Plays and you shouldn't have any trouble locating them both in one of your rooms.

Beckie
Old 05-10-2008, 02:03 PM   #853
kaffinito
Grant me the Serenity to Accept the Reservations I Cannot Change
Lock yourself in there for a few minutes and sing a happy song until the angry gerbils in your head stop stomping on your brain!

Boat question

I have a boat question for you. Will the MK boats be running after the MNSSHP? Or will we have to take the bus?

TIA

Old 05-10-2008, 02:12 PM   #854
kimmar067

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaffinito View Post
I have a boat question for you. Will the MK boats be running after the MNSSHP? Or will we have to take the bus?

TIA
...I believe that they run up to an hour after it is finished.....unfortunately, we were dawdling in and out of the shops on Main Street and had long missed the last boat....so, we had to take the monorail over to the TTC and take a bus from there...a hard lesson to learn...
Old 05-10-2008, 02:14 PM   #855
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
Florida people eat Gators....THE CIRCLE OF LIFE.
I love to laugh!

Erika

I'm so glad you had a great trip can't wait to see the photo's.

Now you have stayed in both of my home resorts isn't it strange that the trips can be so different just by staying at another resort.

Our next trip will be The Food & Wine Festival in October, we already have our reservations over at The BoardWalk Villas. I'm just trying to talk Terry into a few days @ the Lodge.

Beckie
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: