Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 09:33 AM   #826
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
Florida people eat Gators....THE CIRCLE OF LIFE.
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKelly View Post
Does Roaring Forks have a "child's special" everyday. or are their only options PBJ and chicken nuggets, each and everyday. I thought I saw a picture somewhere where it said "child's special" on a blackboard, or something like that.
McKelly
I remember them using a Blackboard sometimes but have never seen a "Child's Special" ever. With my nieces and nephews they always seemed to find things to eat, usually a Hamburger, Pizza, Chicken Strips or soup. Remember there are many other food options at the Lodge or near-by resorts and parks. Most all the snack/grab & go places have a very limited menus.

Beckie
Old 05-08-2008, 09:46 AM   #827
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aymekae View Post
I was looking at the prices for the spa, and didn't see a couples massage. Is this only available at other spas, or is this a special request? I'm actually interested in the couples instructional massage. So far, I haven't come across any information about it at WL, so I'm wondering if it doesn't exist. Any insight (and experience) is appreciated.
Aymekae

The instructional massage sounds nice but the treatments on page 1, are from the Sturdy Branches Fitness Center's price list so all I can suggest would be to call them and ask.

Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Sturdy Branches Fitness Center 407-938-4222.

Beckie
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2008, 11:01 AM   #828
finallydvc08
I am the original NDM
squishing Mom's arm fat is fun
My life is driven by Disney

still trying to get the room right

Hello.

We are staying at the Villas at the Wilerness Lodge, and I still have some questions about the rooms there.

Do they have elevators to the top floor villas? Are you able to see over the trees from these top floors? Are all the balconies the same at the villas? I ask because I have seen pictures of the balconies of the top floors in the main building, and it looks like you can't see off your balcony unless you are standing. I don't want to end up with that situation. I want to be able to sit in a chair as sun sets and relax as I take in "the view."

Thanks for any help.

Old 05-08-2008, 01:23 PM   #829
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

J.L.

Yes the elevators do go all the way to the top floor over at the Villas.

The balconies on the 5th floor at the Villas are the same as at the Lodge, if you are referring to the inclosed dormer type that is part of the architectural design of both the Lodge & The Villas.

The 5th floor Villas have cathedral ceilings making the area seem much larger many guest love the open feeling.

The large southern pine trees are higher than the Villas building but you wouldn't have any trouble seeing over or thru them.

For a balcony with railings you would need to request 2nd-4th floor, the first floor Villas have patios.

Beckie
Old 05-08-2008, 01:59 PM   #830
finallydvc08
I am the original NDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICinMYHEART View Post
J.L.

Yes the elevators do go all the way to the top floor over at the Villas.

The balconies on the 5th floor at the Villas are the same as at the Lodge, if you are referring to the inclosed dormer type that is part of the architectural design of both the Lodge & The Villas.

The 5th floor Villas have cathedral ceilings making the area seem much larger many guest love the open feeling.

The large southern pine trees are higher than the Villas building but you wouldn't have any trouble seeing over or thru them.

For a balcony with railings you would need to request 2nd-4th floor, the first floor Villas have patios.

Beckie
Thank you, Magic In My Heart. Now I have a confusing question. But I will try my best to be clear.

In my mind, there are two kinds of open feelings to a room. There is an open feeling of a room because it is large. Then there is an open feeling because windows, glass doors, balconies, etc. give you a feeling of accessing the outdoors even though you are still inside.

Do the top floors, while having an open feeling due to the ceilings, sacrifice the "outdoor" open feeling due to the view being blocked by those balconies? And does anyone have an opinion about which type of room is better?

I am so sorry to possibly come across as anal. But I have wanted to stay at the WL since I was 13 y.o., and we intend on being in our room quite a lot, so I want to make the most of this visit. And "views without effort" tend to be important to me.

Any input to my tedious question is greatly appreciated.

Old 05-08-2008, 02:22 PM   #831
MomtoGKC
DIS Veteran

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all the people on here who have talked up the WL. We just got back last night from our week vacation and our first time at the WL - I had never even seen it before! It was so wonderful - even better than I expected. Last time I looked at too many pictures of a resort and when I got there it didn't live up to my expectations (still nice, but not as nice as the pics) so this time I stopped looking at pictures after a while. To my surprise WL FAR surpassed every picture I saw - it was amazing, breathtaking, beautiful!

Now, I didn't even tell DH this because he would laugh at me, but I'll say it here - I actually teared up when I walked in to the lodge. I had been planning this trip for so long and so wanted it to be just right that when we drove up to the entrance and then I walked into that little colder first room with the stone sides, then walked into the lobby I couldn't help it! This was a family reunion and I had picked the hotel so I wanted it to be perfect and it was.

My kids loved it so much that my daughter who last year had the goal of trying every Disney hotel never wants to stay anywhere else again. I said, "But what about trying a monorail hotel someday?" She said, " No, if we ever come back I only want to stay here."

I'll try to write a little review later but I just wanted to say thank you to all of you on this thread!

Mom to DD 11 , DD 9 , DS 7

1975-2011 - Too many trips to remember - CR, Poly, GF, BWI, BCV, WL, AKL, ASMu, POR, CSR, Dolphin, Swan, Treehouses, cabins, tent camping, SOG when it was the golf resort

A few offsite - Hilton Bonnet Creek, Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Buena Vista Palace, Nick Hotel
Old 05-08-2008, 03:18 PM   #832
Kristybell
Earning My Ears

Awwww that is so sweet to hear MomtoGKC! Last year was our first stay at the Lodge and I experienced the exact same feelings. We loved it so much we're staying there again next month for ten days. Can't wait!

Glad you liked it!

kristy

1999 - Offsite
2001 - Offsite
2004 - Offsite yet again!
2006 - Beachclub!
2007 - The Best Wildnerness Lodge Vacation Ever!
2008 - Back at the Lodge!
Old 05-08-2008, 03:58 PM   #833
Cinderella Fan
Disney Bride!! December 2006

We were there in March, and it was such a relief to be there. We had moved from POFQ - DH and I have become such resort snobs.

41 days to go!!!!!
Old 05-08-2008, 04:01 PM   #834
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran

I love reading this thread. We are staying at WL for our first time the week before Christmas and are so excited. The pictures of it at Christmas look amazing. We have been there to go to WCC but never at Christmas time. Please keep the pictures coming so I can make it through the next 7 months!!!
Old 05-08-2008, 04:11 PM   #835
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

Amy

Thanks for posting, I'm so glad you had a MAGICAL TRIP.

Just so you know that feeling you got when you walked into the Lobby...You will feel it everytime you walk in, over the years I have always felt the same wonder at the beginning of each visit.

Beckie
Old 05-08-2008, 04:24 PM   #836
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

J.L.

I think it would be the open feeling of a room because the ceilings are high making the rooms seem larger.

Sorry if I'm not explaining it correctly.

Beckie
Old 05-08-2008, 05:16 PM   #837
finallydvc08
I am the original NDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICinMYHEART View Post
J.L.

I think it would be the open feeling of a room because the ceilings are high making the rooms seem larger.

Sorry if I'm not explaining it correctly.

Beckie
I think I understand you Beckie. I was also able to find some photos of the balconies on allears.net. It doesn't seem like you would be able to see out much between the enclosed balcony with the big roof sticking out and blocking some of the view underneath. I'm so torn. I love vaulted ceilings, but I also really love a view from the balcony. I wish I could find someone who has been on the 5th floor to tell me how they felt about the balcony.

Yikes! I think that my compulsive planning has kicked in to high gear over this. I hope I don't make myself ill over something that is probably not a big deal.

Old 05-08-2008, 09:31 PM   #838
corinascot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieNurse View Post
I love reading this thread. We are staying at WL for our first time the week before Christmas and are so excited. The pictures of it at Christmas look amazing. We have been there to go to WCC but never at Christmas time. Please keep the pictures coming so I can make it through the next 7 months!!!

I feel the same way! We'll be there the week before Christmas, too. I look at this thread just about everyday. It's our first stay at WL. Seems so far in the future!

POR 6/2004
POFQ 3/2005
CSR 3/2006
CSR 4/2007
POR 4/2010
CSR 6/2012
CSR 3/2014
Old 05-08-2008, 10:52 PM   #839
Laura.bora
DIS Veteran

I asked on the resorts boards, but I should ask here too I think. I was originally booked for woods view, but when free dining came out, they switched me to a courtyard view. I REALLY wanted a woods view. Do they offer Free dining with the woods view, and they were just booked? Or do you need to have a courtyard view in order to have free dining? Anyone know? Does anyone know the answer for the same question, but with standard room?

Come and wait with me at my 2010 pre-trip report
Visit my DISigns Journal covers and pages

Old 05-09-2008, 05:24 AM   #840
AlexWyattMommy
Okay, here I am, out of high school and still with the big hair
"You would look like a stupid pony"
I can answer - BEEF and WILLIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura.bora View Post
I asked on the resorts boards, but I should ask here too I think. I was originally booked for woods view, but when free dining came out, they switched me to a courtyard view. I REALLY wanted a woods view. Do they offer Free dining with the woods view, and they were just booked? Or do you need to have a courtyard view in order to have free dining? Anyone know? Does anyone know the answer for the same question, but with standard room?
They must have only had the courtyard rooms available at that time for the Free Dining. I would call back and see if any of the other catagories opened up. Sometimes people reserve/hold a room and then they cancel. I think those go back into inventory.

But no, it was ONLY courtyard views that were made available for free dining.

4 people + 1 travel trailer = tons of giggles
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: