Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 12:20 AM   #811
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Hi.

I just wanted to introduce myself to all of you on this great thread. Originally, for free dining I had booked Pop. But I had my eye on deluxe. I have stayed at the Wilderness Lodge, but it was about four years ago. I see some things have changed, and thanks to everyone who contributes/contributed to this thread.

I finally made it through the whole thing, and feel at least a little bit wiser!

Finally today, I found a standard view room during free dining dates, and I booked it. I am so excited to be heading back to Wilderness Lodge, and with a three year old, I am so looking forward to the boat to the Magic Kingdom!

So thanks again, and I look forward to chatting with you all, and sharing my experience when we get back!
Woo-hoo! Congrats on your trip!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 05-07-2008, 05:19 AM   #812
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Woo-hoo! Congrats on your trip!
Thanks! I am so excited!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2008, 10:55 AM   #813
Artemus
DIS and WDW Veteran

Courtyard View Bunkbed rooms

We have a ressie for WL CY BB in June. I did ask for "Inner Courtyard", 4th or 5th floor, but would like feedback on what folks think the best bunkbed rooms are. I wish I knew which room numbers were BB. In April my wife and I had a wonderful inner CY room near the waterfall that faced "out", towards the lake. I wonder if any of those rooms like _035, _037, _123, _125, _127 or the Bear Face have BB.

Artemus

Poly and AKL Mar 2004, WL May 2004, POR Sep 2004, POR DEC 2004, YC May 2005, WL Oct 2005, POR Mar 2006, POR Jun 2006, SOG Nov 2007, WL Apr 2008, WL June 2008, oh heck, I quit keeping track!
Old 05-07-2008, 11:51 AM   #814
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Just switched my reservation from POFQ back to WL. I have to say I feel much better now going back since we haven't been to this resort since 2003.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:56 PM   #815
TBuss
Earning My Ears

Roaring Forks Drink Station

Hi Everyone,

My husband, son and myself are staying at the Lodge for the first time in October. We will probably be buying a couple of the refillable mugs (well, at least 1) at Roaring Forks. Can anyone tell me specifically what drinks are offered in the mugs? I think I read somewhere that frozen Coke is offered at some resorts but not all and some said that apple juice was available while others said you had to buy it separately.

We will be making a grocery store stop on the way from the airport and would like to know what we should buy there vs what we can get in the mugs.

Thanks!!
Old 05-07-2008, 12:57 PM   #816
LISAMWDW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
Just switched my reservation from POFQ back to WL. I have to say I feel much better now going back since we haven't been to this resort since 2003.
Congrats!!!!!!
**2010 DISNEYLAND
2011-ROSEN SHINGLE CREEK**2014-CORONADO SPRINGS & DISNEYLAND

Old 05-07-2008, 02:23 PM   #817
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LISAMWDW View Post
Congrats!!!!!!
Thanks
Old 05-07-2008, 02:31 PM   #818
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Subscribing to the thread.
Old 05-07-2008, 03:17 PM   #819
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBuss View Post
Hi Everyone,

My husband, son and myself are staying at the Lodge for the first time in October. We will probably be buying a couple of the refillable mugs (well, at least 1) at Roaring Forks. Can anyone tell me specifically what drinks are offered in the mugs? I think I read somewhere that frozen Coke is offered at some resorts but not all and some said that apple juice was available while others said you had to buy it separately.

We will be making a grocery store stop on the way from the airport and would like to know what we should buy there vs what we can get in the mugs.

Thanks!!
If I remember correctly at WL, there are only your basic Coke products (Coke, Sprite, Cherry Coke?, Mr Pibb/Dr Pepper?, a root beer). I don't remember seeing anything other than that, except coffee and maybe unsweet tea (what are they thinking?).

Suzanne
Old 05-07-2008, 03:36 PM   #820
SpaceGirl
DIS Veteran

The Wilderness Lodge Resort has a "Refillable Mug" program at Roaring Fork you may purchase a mug for around $12.49 and are entitled to "free" refills for the duration of your stay. The refills are available from the beverage dispensers and usually include: coffee, sodas, hot tea, ice tea, and hot chocolate. The Lodge doesn't have Frozen Coke nor are any juice drinks available for refill at no charge.
Old 05-07-2008, 03:44 PM   #821
McKelly
DIS Veteran

Does Roaring Forks have a "child's special" everyday. or are their only options PBJ and chicken nuggets, each and everyday. I thought I saw a picture somewhere where it said "child's special" on a blackboard, or something like that.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:41 PM   #822
aymekae
Mouseketeer

Red face Couples Massage?

I was looking at the prices for the spa, and didn't see a couples massage. Is this only available at other spas, or is this a special request? I'm actually interested in the couples instructional massage. So far, I haven't come across any information about it at WL, so I'm wondering if it doesn't exist. Any insight (and experience) is appreciated.

Ben (32) Ayme (28) Ian (10 mo)

DLR Trips - Last: Sep. 2013 Next: Jan. 2014
Honeymoon to WDW (Wilderness Lodge) Sep. 11, 2008
Western Caribbean Cruise (Magic) Dec. 10, 2011
Aulani Nov. 3-12, 2012
Eastern Caribbean Cruise (Fantasy) Dec. 14, 2013
Disneyland Jan. 16-18, 2014 (Neverland 5K)
Old 05-07-2008, 08:14 PM   #823
jaw55
Earning My Ears

Which Standard View Rooms?

Hi guys! My mom, husband and I will be staying at the WL for the first time this September for free dining!! We are so excited, having only ever stayed at the moderates before. However, because this is a bit of a splurge, we requested the standard view rooms. I've read the description of the standard view rooms on page 1 of this thread, but am looking for additional comments from folks who may have stayed in those rooms. I am a little concerned about the noise complaints (either from WCC or the delivery area) as I'm a bit of a light sleeper. Any advice on which rooms to request? Thanks so much in advance!
Feb. 2009: WL
May 2010: BWI
Sept. 2010: WL and Free Dining
Old 05-08-2008, 05:32 AM   #824
burberryplaid
Addicted to SOARIN's Orange Scent
Has an affinity for cupcakes
There's nothing like leaving all your cares behind you and getting to be 6 years old all over again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw55 View Post
Hi guys! My mom, husband and I will be staying at the WL for the first time this September for free dining!! We are so excited, having only ever stayed at the moderates before. However, because this is a bit of a splurge, we requested the standard view rooms. I've read the description of the standard view rooms on page 1 of this thread, but am looking for additional comments from folks who may have stayed in those rooms. I am a little concerned about the noise complaints (either from WCC or the delivery area) as I'm a bit of a light sleeper. Any advice on which rooms to request? Thanks so much in advance!
There are only 9 rooms in the standard view category that overlook WCC. I would add a note to your reservation that you want to stay in the North Wing, this will keep you away from those rooms.

As a sidenote, we've been to WL twice now and paid for a standard view but we've been upgraded to courtyard both times for free so I'd say there is a good chance you'll get an upgrade. There's no guarantees of course, but I think you have a chance.

Have a great trip!
Old 05-08-2008, 09:20 AM   #825
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
Florida people eat Gators....THE CIRCLE OF LIFE.
I love to laugh!

Artemus

The Bunk Beds are located all around the Lodge so I'm sure theyhave bunk beds in the area you want, just not sure about the Bear Faced rooms I've stay in a few of them and never seen any bunk beds.

Beckie
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: