Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 12:00 PM   #796
DADof2Princesses40
Earning My Ears

Question When do the Chrismas Decorations come down?

Hey WL'ers!

When do the Christmas decorations come down? My wife missed our last
trip to Disney in Dec 07, and she really wants to see the Christmas
decorations/music, but its going to be tight for us in Dec.

Do they stay up the first week of Jan.?
Any does anyone know if they still have the castle lighting in Jan as well?

I said it way my laughing place!
off-site 4/1977 (1st trip, age 11)
off-site 2/2000 (Honeymoon)
Swan 6/2004
Wilderness Lodge 9/2006
Wilderness Lodge 12/2007
Polynesian 1/2009
Polynesian 10/2010
WBC 10/2014
Old 05-05-2008, 12:54 PM   #797
Cinderella Fan
Disney Bride!! December 2006

Hey guys!

Our upcoming trip is our 4th at the WL, and I have a courtyard room booked. I love having a room overlooking the lobby.

Question is, I would love to also have a king bed, but I don't know if there are any kings that over look the lobby. Anyone have the inside track?

Thanks, Angela
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2008, 01:38 PM   #798
Minniemouse07
DIS Veteran

Okay... my room request is in (Inner Courtyard View off Lobby or any other Inner Courtyard View room on the 4th or 5th floors) for my trip w/ dd for her birthday in July. Our TA added it to our reservation.

Of course now dd has been looking at pictures and would love it if we got a bunkbed room. Our reservation is for just a Courtyard View...NOT w/ bunkbeds... but it seems that some people put bunkbeds on their reservations as requests? Can this be done?

I don't think my pin code was valid for CY view w/ bunkbeds so I can't go that route.

Can/Should I add bunk beds to the reservation request or should I just wait until we get there? We are checking in at about 10am or so if that makes a difference.

Thanks...you all have been SO helpful!

...WDW/DCL sea/land! August 2011

Old 05-05-2008, 06:19 PM   #799
05MM08MM
DIS Veteran

We are leaving in less than a month and have a few questions. Sorry if any of these have already been answered, but it would take forever for me to go through each page to check.

1. We have an ADR at 1900 Park Fare for 6 p.m. our first night there and instead of getting their by bus I was wanting to take a boat over to the CR and monorail over to the GF. What boat will we be taking and what time would you recommend we be at the dock for this route?
Even though not a monorail resort, do you know how their stops are from the CR?

2. I see the boat for the MK starts opporating 1/2 hour before opening, so I guess we will need to take the direct bus for our 8:05 a.m. ADR at Crystal Palace? What time should we be at the bus area?

3. I have seen the WL picture thread and saw some pictures of the pool area at different times and some show tons of people at the pool area. Since we will be there the end of this month and it will be pretty warm I'm sure the pool will be popular. Is there a good time to use the pool when it is less crowded?

4. Is there a recommened time to be on the beach to watch the water parade? I know it starts at 9:35 p.m. but how soon should we be there to see it?

5. How long of a walk from WL to Ft. Wil? We will be going to the sing-a-long one evening. Should we take the boat?

6. When traveling back to WL from MK during the day (afternoon time) what is the best route? Will the direct bus still be running? Boat (how often does it come and go)? Or walk to CR and boat from their?

7. If we wait till the end of the AK parade (4:30ish) and then take the bus back to WL will we be back to the resort in time to go up to our rooms for a little while before our 5:55 p.m. ADR at WCC? Assuming we catch the bust right away and it's a direct trip to our resort I don't see a problem but was just curious.

8. What are the chances my parents will be able to get a king bed room that is not handicapped? I'm thinking not good, since the rooms are already limited and we are coming in the middle of memorial day weekend

9. DME question for WL guest: from the time your plane lands, about how long does it take to get to the WL on average? Our plane is scheduled to land at noonish. Will we be at the lodge by 2 p.m. at least? No plans for parks first day in. Just wanted to get settled in our rooms, check out the resort since it will be all our first times there and relax before taking off for dinner at 1900 Park Fare.

TIA for any help with all my questions.

March 1997 WDW Offsite, May 2008 Wilderness Lodge, Sept 2009 Portofino Inn & Suites - D23 Expo, Sept. 2009 Pop Century, Nov/Dec 2010 Sheraton Vistana Resort - offsite WDW, Jan 2011 Pop Century, Aug 2011 Eden Roc Inn Anaheim - D23 Expo, Nov 2011 Marriot Grande Vista Resort - offsite WDW, Aug 2012 HOJO Anahiem - DLR, Oct 2012 Disney Magic Cruise, Dec 2012 Disney Dream Cruise & Art of Animation WDW, Feb 2013 Disney Magic Cruise, June 2013 Coronado Springs WDW, Nov 2013 Disney Magic Cruise
Old 05-05-2008, 07:13 PM   #800
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
Florida people eat Gators....THE CIRCLE OF LIFE.
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DADof2Princesses40 View Post
When do the Christmas decorations come down? My wife missed our last trip to Disney in Dec 07, and she really wants to see the Christmas decorations/music, but its going to be tight for us in Dec.
Do they stay up the first week of Jan.?
Any does anyone know if they still have the castle lighting in Jan as well?
Tom
I have stayed at the Lodge many times during December but never in January. So I don't know the schedule as to when they remove the decoractions at the Lodge, I do know that they will be up for a few days in January.

GOOD LUCK
Beckie
Old 05-05-2008, 07:21 PM   #801
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella Fan View Post
Question: I would love to also have a king bed, but I don't know if there are any kings that over look the lobby. Anyone have the inside track?
Angela

Yes there is Bear Face Room off the Lobby that isn't accessable that has a King Size bed, but I don't know how many but I do know there is/was at lest one.

GOOD LUCK
Beckie
Old 05-05-2008, 07:42 PM   #802
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniemouse07 View Post
Our reservation is for just a Courtyard View...NOT w/ bunkbeds... but it seems that some people put bunkbeds on their reservations as requests? Can this be done?
I don't think my pin code was valid for CY view w/ bunkbeds so I can't go that route.
Can/Should I add bunk beds to the reservation request or should I just wait until we get there? We are checking in at about 10am or so if that makes a difference.
Christine

Courtyard/Buck Beds rooms are billable not a request that is valid to make.

Most pin codes are good for all room views that the resort offers (If they are available) this includes Club Level so if you really want a Courtyard View/Bunk Beds can can have your TA check on availability for during your stay.

You could always wait until check-in and ask if any rooms are availiable with Bunk Beds, you may receive some Pixie Dust and receive a room upgrade.

Please remember the more request you make, may lessen one of your request that you really want.

Checking in early will increase your options on all your request.

Good Luck
Beckie
Old 05-05-2008, 07:45 PM   #803
Minniemouse07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICinMYHEART View Post
Christine

Courtyard/Buck Beds rooms are billable not a request that is valid to make.

Most pin codes are good for all room views that the resort offers (If they are available) this includes Club Level so if you really want a Courtyard View/Bunk Beds can can have your TA check on availability for during your stay.

You could always wait until check-in and ask if any rooms are availiable with Bunk Beds, you may receive some Pixie Dust and receive a room upgrade.

Please remember the more request you make, may lessen one of your request that you really want.

Checking in early will increase your options on all your request.

Good Luck
Beckie
Thanks Beckie... that is what I thought. But I kept reading about people putting them in their requests which is why I asked.

I'll keep our request as is and then ask at check in.

...WDW/DCL sea/land! August 2011

Old 05-05-2008, 08:26 PM   #804
stepdisney
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I instantly turned into "one of those moms"
I think I'm going to start looking for ways to fit jive into my daily vocabulary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniemouse07 View Post
Okay... my room request is in (Inner Courtyard View off Lobby or any other Inner Courtyard View room on the 4th or 5th floors) for my trip w/ dd for her birthday in July. Our TA added it to our reservation.

Of course now dd has been looking at pictures and would love it if we got a bunkbed room. Our reservation is for just a Courtyard View...NOT w/ bunkbeds... but it seems that some people put bunkbeds on their reservations as requests? Can this be done?

Thanks...you all have been SO helpful!
When are you going? If it is a slow time, they could upgrade you. I know you shouldn't count on upgrades but we had a standard booked and were upgraded to an inner court room with bunk beds. If you can't book the bunk beds, ask the person at check in if it is at all possible to be put in a room with bunk beds. Bunk bed rooms cost a little more and are usually booked ahead of time. I simply mentioned that it would be nice if the boys could have separate beds and we were upgraded. It was the very last day of August though and a very slow time for them. Their goal is to please. It couldn't hurt. It certainly helped us. She even gave us a choice of 5th or 6th floor!!

June 2000 1st trip off site~Oct. 2005 POP~ Aug/Sept. 2007 WL~Aug/Sept. 2008 AKL ~Aug/Sept. 2009 Kidani Village~Aug/Sept. 2010WL/Grand Gathering~ Aug. 2011 YC Aug. 2012 YC CL~Aug. 2014 AKL
Old 05-05-2008, 08:43 PM   #805
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05MM08MM View Post
1. We have an ADR at 1900 Park Fare for 6 p.m. our first night there and instead of getting their by bus I was wanting to take a boat over to the CR and monorail over to the GF. What boat will we be taking and what time would you recommend we be at the dock for this route?
Even though not a monorail resort, do you know how their stops are from the CR?

2. I see the boat for the MK starts opporating 1/2 hour before opening, so I guess we will need to take the direct bus for our 8:05 a.m. ADR at Crystal Palace? What time should we be at the bus area?

3. I have seen the WL picture thread and saw some pictures of the pool area at different times and some show tons of people at the pool area. Since we will be there the end of this month and it will be pretty warm I'm sure the pool will be popular. Is there a good time to use the pool when it is less crowded?

4. Is there a recommened time to be on the beach to watch the water parade? I know it starts at 9:35 p.m. but how soon should we be there to see it?

5. How long of a walk from WL to Ft. Wil? We will be going to the sing-a-long one evening. Should we take the boat?

6. When traveling back to WL from MK during the day (afternoon time) what is the best route? Will the direct bus still be running? Boat (how often does it come and go)? Or walk to CR and boat from their?

7. If we wait till the end of the AK parade (4:30ish) and then take the bus back to WL will we be back to the resort in time to go up to our rooms for a little while before our 5:55 p.m. ADR at WCC? Assuming we catch the bust right away and it's a direct trip to our resort I don't see a problem but was just curious.

8. What are the chances my parents will be able to get a king bed room that is not handicapped? I'm thinking not good, since the rooms are already limited and we are coming in the middle of memorial day weekend.

9. DME question for WL guest: from the time your plane lands, about how long does it take to get to the WL on average? Our plane is scheduled to land at noonish. Will we be at the lodge by 2 p.m. at least? No plans for parks first day in. Just wanted to get settled in our rooms, check out the resort since it will be all our first times there and relax before taking off for dinner at 1900 Park Fare.
I'll try to answer a few of your questions.

1.) To travel to the Contemporary Resort you should take the Blue Flag Resort Boat to the CR dock, then enter the resort and take the resort monorail over to the Grand Floridian. I would allow an hour for transpotation to make sure you arrive in time. This has wait time added for the resort boat and travel time to the Contemporary from the Lodge, as well as walking into the CR from the dock and wait time for the monorail and the stops between CR and the GF.

The resort monorail has five stops. The Contemporary, Ticket & Transportation Center, Polynesian Resort, Grand Floridian & Magic Kingdom.

2.)The resort buses start running at 7:00am I would be at the bus stop no later than 7:15am. Or the small resort Blue Flag Motor Launchs start operating @ 6:45am you may take the boat over to the Contemporary Resort then either:
a.) From the Contemporary Lobby take the Resort Monorail back around to the Magic Kingdom.
b.) Walk from the Contemporary to the Magic Kingdom using the walkway that is to the south side of the resort. (This option is quicker than taking the monorail around in my opinion.)
Taking the Direct Bus from the Lodge to the Magic Kingdom would be the quickest/fastest way to the Magic Kingdom.

3.) The lest crowed times at the pool would be in the mornings while everyone else will be at the parks.

4.) You should be near the beach by 9:30-9:35pm for the Electrical Water Pageant, most guest just walk out or stay in/near the pool areas until show time.

5.) It's about a mile between the two resorts you may take the Blue Flag Resort Boat or take a direct bus to Ft Wilderness Campground this bus goes to the Settlement Depot.

6.) During Magic Kingdom operating hours, both the direct bus and the Red Flag Boats run continuously until an hour and a half after park closing. Walking to the CR would take to long during regular operating hours.

7.) You may not have that long, if the parade to over at 4:30pm it will take a few minutes to walk back to the bus area at the Animial Kingdom, then wait time for a bus...it maybe after 5:00pm before you are even on a bus, I also know that the bus sometimes stops at Blizzard Beach on the way back to the Lodge. You would make your ADR but might not have much time in your room (if any) before time to check-in at the WCC.

8.) I agree it might be hard but depending if they have booked a Woods or Courtyard View room have them request King Size Bed with a tub. That will let the room assigner know that they don't want the barrier-free (handicap-accessible) room.

9.) I live 2 hours from WDW so have never used DME but you should be at the Lodge within 2 hours or less after landing.

Beckie

Last edited by MAGICinMYHEART; 05-05-2008 at 08:52 PM.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:48 AM   #806
burberryplaid
Addicted to SOARIN's Orange Scent
Has an affinity for cupcakes
There's nothing like leaving all your cares behind you and getting to be 6 years old all over again!

Hello WL fans!

Just got back from another fabulous trip! I'm not sure when we'll be back, but DH and I are now talking about DVC. WOO HOO! We'll have to look into the resale market as we love WL and would love to buy into WL villas.

We were upgraded to a lovely king size room just around the corner from Roaring Fork. The staff at WL was amazing and took great care of us.

If anyone has any questions, let me know!
Old 05-06-2008, 08:56 AM   #807
05MM08MM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'll try to answer a few of your questions.

1.) To travel to the Contemporary Resort you should take the Blue Flag Resort Boat to the CR dock, then enter the resort and take the resort monorail over to the Grand Floridian. I would allow an hour for transpotation to make sure you arrive in time. This has wait time added for the resort boat and travel time to the Contemporary from the Lodge, as well as walking into the CR from the dock and wait time for the monorail and the stops between CR and the GF.

The resort monorail has five stops. The Contemporary, Ticket & Transportation Center, Polynesian Resort, Grand Floridian & Magic Kingdom.

2.)The resort buses start running at 7:00am I would be at the bus stop no later than 7:15am. Or the small resort Blue Flag Motor Launchs start operating @ 6:45am you may take the boat over to the Contemporary Resort then either:
a.) From the Contemporary Lobby take the Resort Monorail back around to the Magic Kingdom.
b.) Walk from the Contemporary to the Magic Kingdom using the walkway that is to the south side of the resort. (This option is quicker than taking the monorail around in my opinion.)
Taking the Direct Bus from the Lodge to the Magic Kingdom would be the quickest/fastest way to the Magic Kingdom.

3.) The lest crowed times at the pool would be in the mornings while everyone else will be at the parks.

4.) You should be near the beach by 9:30-9:35pm for the Electrical Water Pageant, most guest just walk out or stay in/near the pool areas until show time.

5.) It's about a mile between the two resorts you may take the Blue Flag Resort Boat or take a direct bus to Ft Wilderness Campground this bus goes to the Settlement Depot.

6.) During Magic Kingdom operating hours, both the direct bus and the Red Flag Boats run continuously until an hour and a half after park closing. Walking to the CR would take to long during regular operating hours.

7.) You may not have that long, if the parade to over at 4:30pm it will take a few minutes to walk back to the bus area at the Animial Kingdom, then wait time for a bus...it maybe after 5:00pm before you are even on a bus, I also know that the bus sometimes stops at Blizzard Beach on the way back to the Lodge. You would make your ADR but might not have much time in your room (if any) before time to check-in at the WCC.

8.) I agree it might be hard but depending if they have booked a Woods or Courtyard View room have them request King Size Bed with a tub. That will let the room assigner know that they don't want the barrier-free (handicap-accessible) room.

9.) I live 2 hours from WDW so have never used DME but you should be at the Lodge within 2 hours or less after landing.

Beckie
WOW, thanks a bunch, that is very helpful.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:25 PM   #808
Cinderella Fan
Disney Bride!! December 2006

Quote:
Angela

Yes there is Bear Face Room off the Lobby that isn't accessable that has a King Size bed, but I don't know how many but I do know there is/was at lest one.

GOOD LUCK
Beckie
Thanks Beckie!

I am so excited about this trip. It will be our first trip anywhere alone, in quite a while. Our last Disney trip was with our High School band. While it was nice, it was so hurried to make sure they got to see and do everything. This trip will be much more relaxing....
Old 05-06-2008, 07:24 PM   #809
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Hi.

I just wanted to introduce myself to all of you on this great thread. Originally, for free dining I had booked Pop. But I had my eye on deluxe. I have stayed at the Wilderness Lodge, but it was about four years ago. I see some things have changed, and thanks to everyone who contributes/contributed to this thread.

I finally made it through the whole thing, and feel at least a little bit wiser!

Finally today, I found a standard view room during free dining dates, and I booked it. I am so excited to be heading back to Wilderness Lodge, and with a three year old, I am so looking forward to the boat to the Magic Kingdom!

So thanks again, and I look forward to chatting with you all, and sharing my experience when we get back!
Old 05-07-2008, 01:19 AM   #810
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by burberryplaid View Post
Hello WL fans!

Just got back from another fabulous trip! I'm not sure when we'll be back, but DH and I are now talking about DVC. WOO HOO! We'll have to look into the resale market as we love WL and would love to buy into WL villas.

We were upgraded to a lovely king size room just around the corner from Roaring Fork. The staff at WL was amazing and took great care of us.

If anyone has any questions, let me know!
Welcome back!! Glad you had a great trip!

Do you have any pictures to share???
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: