Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 04:25 PM   #766
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBIN4NY View Post
Hey Suzanne,

O.K. first of all I was looking at your ticker and it looks like you are staying at WL at Christmas time. That is so amazing in itself!!!!I have never been at Christmas and from everyones pictures it just looks beautiful.( I always wanted to stay at Christmas time but would never be able to have my act together to do Christmas and Disney--Im just not that organized) And Secondly dont be upset because you dont really spend too much time in the room anyway. I think the most beautiful part of that resort is the amazing lobby and the beautiful grounds. The parks as well as the resorts are going to be so well decorated and you will be so busy you're just going to the room to pass out at night! And with all thats going on in the economy, saving the 1200 is a big plus. Hope you feel better about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atchley View Post
PrincessSuzanne--You've stayed there a couple of times before. Was it concierge then? If not, didn't you have a great time those couple of trips? I am going in July and I can't wait. I just have a standard room but still excited. And look at it this way, you have a reason to plan your next trip now--to stay concierge! Have a great trip!

Thank you both so much. Yes, Dh and I stayed at WL last August for his birthday and had a CY room with a view of the pool and I really did fall in LOVE with the resort, so I wanted my mom to have the same experience (had a not so great time at AKL, no offense, it just isn't WL). We did eat at WCC in Dec 2006 so we also got to enjoy the Chistmas decorations. Dh and I will be celebrating our 7th Anniversary in December, so maybe we can save enough by our 10th to justify staying CL.

I definitely won't give up staying at WL, just won't stay CL this time.

Thank you both again

Suzanne
Old 05-01-2008, 10:54 PM   #767
ogorchock
Earning My Ears

Room request for a 4DD

We leave on May 8th and are staying at the WL---very exciting! I was one of those WL vs. Poly undecideds, but then I committed to the WL about a month ago and have stuck with it! I just read through the posts again and I want to make sure I request the correct room. I already asked for Inner Courtyard. I think I'm also going to call and ask for Inner Courtyard off the Main Lobby. My only hesitation is that this trip is all about my DD5 and I want her to have the most magical trip imaginable. A view of the castle might trump the bear face rooms. Can I make a request that would likely give us a view of the castle? If not, I'm going to commit to the Bear Face rooms. (Can you tell I have commitment issues)?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2008, 11:02 AM   #768
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
Florida people eat Gators....THE CIRCLE OF LIFE.
I love to laugh!

Ogorchock

Sounds like you have a Courtyard View Room booked, none of the courtyard view rooms face the Magic Kingdom. If you want a Bear Face room you should request Inner Courtyard View located off Lobby this would give you the best possibility of receiving a Bear Face Room. Just remember there are very few of these rooms so it will only be a request.

Good Luck
Beckie
Old 05-02-2008, 12:47 PM   #769
ogorchock
Earning My Ears

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:54 PM   #770
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by tardin1964 View Post
That's a great idea Sk8Leigh...thanks!!!

Here is a pic from the show my daughter rode in a few weeks ago. I couldn't help but post it

Very nice!! We have horses ourselves and love riding. I've been horse crazy since I was little and always wanted to do the ride at FW. I still plan on doing it someday even though the horses are mostly on automatic - I can get my fill of excitement on my own - too much sometimes! I just need to fulfill my childhood dream. And we always make a trip over to visit the draft horses at the stable - if the CM's have time they're always willing to tell you about those horses too.

Old 05-02-2008, 01:01 PM   #771
aesalsa
I'm the one with the hunka hunka burnin love Hubby

Smile

I just wanted to say "Hi" to Beckie (MagicInMyHeart)

We're heading tomorrow morning to WDW and our first stay at the WL Villas. I hope we love it as much as we love the Lodge. This will be Ava's first stay at WL/VWL; John and are so excited to rub Humphrey's nose and share the magic of the lodge with her.

Old 05-02-2008, 01:24 PM   #772
MICKEY'S DREAMERS

Bringing the WL to you one screensaver at a time

Smile

AWWW !!! CIAO Erika !!!
Have a wonderful stay !!!
How dear Ava is grown up !!! you and DH must be so proud of her !!!!

laura

Old 05-02-2008, 02:08 PM   #773
dizneykid
The Tag Fairy offers you pixie dust every day!!
Has a love bug named Dixie!
WL VET

Erika,

Have a wonderful trip. Take in all the magic and hope you get lots of Pixie Dust!!

So this is love!
Jeanne Marcel Dixie Remy Jack
Old 05-02-2008, 03:23 PM   #774
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
Florida people eat Gators....THE CIRCLE OF LIFE.
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesalsa View Post
I just wanted to say "Hi" to Beckie (MagicInMyHeart)
Erika

I just know Ava's first stay with Humphrey is going to be MAGICAL. I remember your first trip there with John only the two...now there will be three.

Be sure she visits with the ducks and take her over to Ft. Wilderness for a pony ride if you have time.

Take many photo's and share with us when you return, I loved all the photos in her Snow White dress with the apple. She is a princess so she looked right at home in the photos from WDW.

HAVE A MAGICAL TRIP.

Beckie
Old 05-02-2008, 04:45 PM   #775
aesalsa
I'm the one with the hunka hunka burnin love Hubby

Thank you for your wonderful wishes for us . You guys are so sweet.

Laura: I saw some of the WL pics that you posted here; they are wonderful. I hope you and DGH are doing beautifully.

Jeanne: I hope that you and Marcel are doing fantastic! I still think about the wonderful dinner some of us WL vets shared together at AP. . .what a great memory .

Beckie: I am happy that you enjoyed the pictures. I hope that you are doing great as well. You're the true backbone of this fabulous thread. Thanks.

Off to finish packing and cleaning up the house!

Old 05-02-2008, 09:03 PM   #776
Minniemouse07
DIS Veteran

Okay...I need some serious help here!

I've been planning a wonderous 7th birthday trip for my daughter...just the two of us. We took a full blown family trip in December (at POR) but we at the end of July are leaving the boys at home!

Beth and I will be at WDW for five full days (arriving early on day 1 and leaving late on day 5), three of which we are spending at or near the Magic Kingdom.

Since October, we've had Pop Century booked and being the uber planner that I am, I did my research and knew everything I needed to about Pop.

Then, this week I got a pin code!

I just emailed our TA to switch our reservation to the Wilderness Lodge. Dh and I have always wanted to stay here (he's quite jealous I'm going w/o him!) and I couldn't pass up the pin code to stay this close to MK for Beth's birthday trip.

Our TA could only get us the pin code discount for a Courtyard View. Can anyone help me w/ the different kinds of Courtyard View rooms available and what I could put down for a room request? Or are there no "bad" Courtyard View rooms and I just shouldn't request anything specific?

I'm not thinking we need to change any of our dining plans...but I may add an ADR for WCC one morning.... or do you think we could decide at the last minute and do a walk up for that? It would be early morning.

I'm so excited about this...I just can't explain it. I don't know how I'm going to be able to wait another 76 days!

...WDW/DCL sea/land! August 2011

Old 05-02-2008, 09:39 PM   #777
stepdisney
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I instantly turned into "one of those moms"
I think I'm going to start looking for ways to fit jive into my daily vocabulary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniemouse07 View Post

I've been planning a wonderous 7th birthday trip for my daughter...just the two of us. We took a full blown family trip in December (at POR) but we at the end of July are leaving the boys at home!

Beth and I will be at WDW for five full days (arriving early on day 1 and leaving late on day 5), three of which we are spending at or near the Magic Kingdom.

Since October, we've had Pop Century booked and being the uber planner that I am, I did my research and knew everything I needed to about Pop.

Then, this week I got a pin code!

I just emailed our TA to switch our reservation to the Wilderness Lodge. Dh and I have always wanted to stay here (he's quite jealous I'm going w/o him!) and I couldn't pass up the pin code to stay this close to MK for Beth's birthday trip.

Our TA could only get us the pin code discount for a Courtyard View. Can anyone help me w/ the different kinds of Courtyard View rooms available and what I could put down for a room request? Or are there no "bad" Courtyard View rooms and I just shouldn't request anything specific?

I'm not thinking we need to change any of our dining plans...but I may add an ADR for WCC one morning.... or do you think we could decide at the last minute and do a walk up for that? It would be early morning.

I'm so excited about this...I just can't explain it. I don't know how I'm going to be able to wait another 76 days!
We had inner court yard last year. It was wonderful. We did just walk up one morning for breakfast at WCC. It was empty but then again, it was September. You can always call from your room, they'll tell you to come on down if it is okay. Have fun. We loved our stay last year. Beautiful and convenient is how it would sum it up.

June 2000 1st trip off site~Oct. 2005 POP~ Aug/Sept. 2007 WL~Aug/Sept. 2008 AKL ~Aug/Sept. 2009 Kidani Village~Aug/Sept. 2010WL/Grand Gathering~ Aug. 2011 YC Aug. 2012 YC CL~Aug. 2014 AKL
Old 05-03-2008, 07:23 AM   #778
ROBIN4NY
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniemouse07 View Post

WOW!!!!! What an amazing birthday gift! That is a memory that you and your daughter will cherish for a lifetime. As far as Courtyard View, I have always asked for inner courtyard (and make sure you say inner or you will be facing the villas) 4th or 5th floor and have always been very happy with the view. It is a view of the main pool , geyser, and or lake depending on how far down the hall you are. As far as WCC, if it is early enough I cant imagine that a walk up is a problem for breakfast. I would call ADR as soon as you wake up though just to be sure .
You and your daughter are going to love the Wilderness Lodge!!!! The boat ride to MK is convienent and wonderful. You can go to MK early, go back at 12 for lunch and a nap if you want and go back out for another "tour" at the parks so to speak , because its so close.
And don't forget to check out the water parade at night. I think its around 9:35 or so . Your daughter will get a kick out of it. Good Luck planning.
Have a wonderful time.

Offsite '88
Wilderness Lodge 5/96
Contemporary 5/99
Wilderness Lodge 4/03
Wilderness Lodge 4/05
Disneyland 4/07
Wilderness Lodge Concierge 4/08
Wilderness Lodge 7/09~dd sweet sixteen celebration
Old 05-03-2008, 07:49 AM   #779
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY'S DREAMERS View Post

AWWW !!! CIAO Erika !!!
Have a wonderful stay !!!
How dear Ava is grown up !!! you and DH must be so proud of her !!!!

laura
...off-topic, Laura, but I love your 'Hula Girl'...!!
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Old 05-03-2008, 07:50 AM   #780
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesalsa View Post
Thank you for your wonderful wishes for us . You guys are so sweet.
...would you expect anything less???

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesalsa
Off to finish packing and cleaning up the house!

...wanna clean MY house when you are done??
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: