Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 10:39 AM   #721
TinkerBelle_325
WDW Destination Blog owner and CSR FAQ thread runner!

I would put the continuous spray sunscreen in a ziplock bag. I had one that got pushed under some clothes and the nozzle got unlocked. Needless to say i got spray all over my toiletries LOL. It wasn't too big a deal, just inconvenient.

Oh, and 114 days till I check into WL!
CURRENT DINING REPORT: ~First we eat, then we do everything else! May 2014~
UPCOMING DINING REPORT: It's the most wonderful time...FOOD & WINE! Oct/Nov 2014~
Old 04-27-2008, 09:19 AM   #722
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerBelle_325 View Post
I would put the continuous spray sunscreen in a ziplock bag. I had one that got pushed under some clothes and the nozzle got unlocked. Needless to say i got spray all over my toiletries LOL. It wasn't too big a deal, just inconvenient....
...been there, done that....
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2008, 06:29 PM   #723
Andrea
DIS Veteran
I couldnt decide which one to do first, come check here or the coupons
The Tag Fairy thinks Andrea rocks too!

Hey guys I have a question Have any of you stayed on the standard club level or the dexlue ? I am trying to find out the difference, i talked to someone on disney website and they said the standard room is 330 and the deluxe was arond 500 or something, but i was wondering if we would get the same aminities at both ?
Old 04-28-2008, 08:58 AM   #724
Sea Turtles
Mouseketeer

WL 1st Timer

Hi all,
I'll be visiting the WL for the 1st time in Mid-May. 'MAGICinMYHEART', thank you so much for starting such a great thread.
I know this was mentioned in the FAQs but it would help tremendously with my WDW Planning OCD if someone could please reiterate the fact that you can get to the Contemporary via boat from the WL. ???

Many thanks in advance
Old 04-28-2008, 10:42 AM   #725
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Turtles View Post
Hi all,
I'll be visiting the WL for the 1st time in Mid-May. 'MAGICinMYHEART', thank you so much for starting such a great thread......
....a-HEM.....................

[ ]
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Old 04-28-2008, 11:44 AM   #726
Clutterbug
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi all,
I'll be visiting the WL for the 1st time in Mid-May. 'MAGICinMYHEART', thank you so much for starting such a great thread.
I know this was mentioned in the FAQs but it would help tremendously with my WDW Planning OCD if someone could please reiterate the fact that you can get to the Contemporary via boat from the WL. ???

Many thanks in advance
Yes, you can get to the Contemporary via boat from the Wilderness Lodge. You can also get to the MK and Ft Wilderness campground via boat.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:06 PM   #727
tinkermom2008
Earning My Ears

Everyone, thanks for all of the great info on this thread. We just booked our first WDW vacation, staying (of course) at WL, for March 2009. I can't wait - soooo excited.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:32 PM   #728
MomtoGKC
DIS Veteran

Three days, three days!!!! I've had to stop looking at pictures and reading the Dis constantly because I don't think I can take the excitement any longer. I've already gathered all the "stuff" I need, now we're on to packing clothes today. It's hard to pack for my kids since we live in FL - they need to wear their summer clothes every day so I can't put them aside too far ahead of our trip. I just had them go pick out some of their stuff and they are bouncing off the wall!

Mom to DD 11 , DD 9 , DS 7

1975-2011 - Too many trips to remember - CR, Poly, GF, BWI, BCV, WL, AKL, ASMu, POR, CSR, Dolphin, Swan, Treehouses, cabins, tent camping, SOG when it was the golf resort

A few offsite - Hilton Bonnet Creek, Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Buena Vista Palace, Nick Hotel
Old 04-28-2008, 04:02 PM   #729
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
Florida people eat Gators....THE CIRCLE OF LIFE.
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Thank You...but The Wilderness Lodge FAQ Thread just had it's 6th year anniversay a few days ago. The first thread started in April 2002 by Kimmar and the WL Vets have managed to keep it going uninterrupted since then.

I have been away from the DIS-Boards for a few weeks due to family matters. Hopefully I'll be around more now.

Beckie
Old 04-28-2008, 04:20 PM   #730
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
Florida people eat Gators....THE CIRCLE OF LIFE.
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
Have any of you stayed on the standard club level or the dexlue ? I am trying to find out the difference, i talked to someone on disney website and they said the standard room is 330 and the deluxe was arond 500 or something, but i was wondering if we would get the same aminities at both ?
Andrea

The differences would be that the Standard Club Level rooms sleep 4 + one infant under the age of 3. Standard club level rooms are all located on the 7th floor, views are non-specific and you may make a request with the IPO Staff. You may request courtyard north wing, courtyard south wing, view toward the Magic Kingdom north wing or view of the Villas south wing. (This would be a request and not guarantied) The balconies on the 7th floor with the exception of the Presidential and Vice-Presidential Suites are the enclosed dormer type and you can not see out unless you are standing up.

The Deluxe Rooms sleep 6 + one infant under the age of 3.Most are located at the very end of the hallways and are considered non-specific views. They can face Courtyard or Woods.
There are a total of 25 Deluxe Rooms, as of January 2007 the deluxe rooms have been added to Club Level and receive access to the 7th floor Old Faithful Club along with Personal Itinerary Planning. None of the Deluxe rooms are located on the 7th floor.

DELUXE-TWO QUEEN BEDS & ONE SOFA BED
The Deluxe rooms have now been upgraded to Club Level (Concierge) they sleeps 6. The Deluxe Guest Room has a sitting area separated from the bedroom by French doors, additional television, refrigerator with ice machine, coffeemaker, and wet bar.

Yes you would receive all the same aminities at both, with IPO planning and access to the Old Faithful Club on the 7th floor. For more information on the Club Level please read page 1 of this thread.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:18 PM   #731
kaffinito
Grant me the Serenity to Accept the Reservations I Cannot Change
Lock yourself in there for a few minutes and sing a happy song until the angry gerbils in your head stop stomping on your brain!

Question on room space

Hello All,

I have a question for you. I'm thinking of changing my ressies (again) and would like to stay either at AKL or WL. My question is this: Is there enough room to fit a smaller than twin sized air mattress between the second queen bed and the balcony? I have two boys who are 8 years apart in age, and they will not want to share a bed. If I can't get into a bunk bed room, the mattress will be my only other option. What do you think? Is there room?

TIA!
Karen

Me: Mom DS16 DS8

1975 – offsite; 2007 – POR; 2008 - (Sept) ???? / Poly!!!!!

Old 04-28-2008, 06:32 PM   #732
Andrea
DIS Veteran
I couldnt decide which one to do first, come check here or the coupons
The Tag Fairy thinks Andrea rocks too!

magicinmyheart~~~

Thank you so much!!! It will only be my sister and myself, but i just wanted to make sure we got the same things in both room!!! We dont need the room for the 6+ !!!!

Thanks so much I am so excited!!!

Has anyone stayed in one of those rooms ? Is it worth it ?

edited to ask: do they both have the sitting area?
Old 04-29-2008, 06:27 AM   #733
tardin1964
I need it.....
I want it.....
Please........

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaffinito View Post
Hello All,

I have a question for you. I'm thinking of changing my ressies (again) and would like to stay either at AKL or WL. My question is this: Is there enough room to fit a smaller than twin sized air mattress between the second queen bed and the balcony? I have two boys who are 8 years apart in age, and they will not want to share a bed. If I can't get into a bunk bed room, the mattress will be my only other option. What do you think? Is there room?

TIA!
Karen

1975 – offsite; 2007 – POR; 2008 - (Sept) ???? / Poly!!!!!

kaffinito...I don't think there will be enough room.

The only other option may be to put the air mattress on the floor next to the dresser and in front of door to the connecting room...but that may even be tight.

I would try to book a bunk bed room if you can.

Poly 8/79, 8/81, 8/83
GF 8/92
WL 11/03, 11/05, 8/08
DCL 11/10
POFQ 6/11
Old 04-29-2008, 06:33 AM   #734
kaffinito
Grant me the Serenity to Accept the Reservations I Cannot Change
Lock yourself in there for a few minutes and sing a happy song until the angry gerbils in your head stop stomping on your brain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tardin1964 View Post
kaffinito...I don't think there will be enough room.

The only other option may be to put the air mattress on the floor next to the dresser and in front of door to the connecting room...but that may even be tight.

I would try to book a bunk bed room if you can.
Thank you! I appreciate your response! Turns out the kids are outright rebelling at the thought of staying at WL or of staying at POFQ and having enough $$ to rent boats and take horseback rides. They want the Animals. Period. Oh well, maybe next year....

Karen

1975 – offsite; 2007 – POR; 2008 - (Sept) AKL?? / Poly!!!!!

Old 04-29-2008, 08:58 AM   #735
tardin1964
I need it.....
I want it.....
Please........

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaffinito View Post
Thank you! I appreciate your response! Turns out the kids are outright rebelling at the thought of staying at WL or of staying at POFQ and having enough $$ to rent boats and take horseback rides. They want the Animals. Period. Oh well, maybe next year....

Karen

1975 – offsite; 2007 – POR; 2008 - (Sept) AKL?? / Poly!!!!!

You're welcome.

Can I ask you a question about horseback riding? My daughter has been riding for two years. I'm sure she would love to take a ride during our next trip. Do you make advanced reservations for riding? Thanks.

Poly 8/79, 8/81, 8/83
GF 8/92
WL 11/03, 11/05, 8/08
DCL 11/10
POFQ 6/11
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: