Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 09:19 AM   #676
burberryplaid
Addicted to SOARIN's Orange Scent
Has an affinity for cupcakes
There's nothing like leaving all your cares behind you and getting to be 6 years old all over again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
...then that has been changed....we took the bus from the TTC to WL one night, after Wishes, because the boat was just too darn crowded....
So there is no more bus directly to MK, or does it go to both the TTC and MK?
Old 04-22-2008, 11:01 AM   #677
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Conceirge question

Is the IPO going to make the first contact or do I do that? This is the first time we are staying conceirge and I don't know what to expect.

Suzanne
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2008, 11:04 AM   #678
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by burberryplaid View Post
In Aug 2007, we took a bus directly from the WL to MK and then one directly back later in the evening. Either way works for me.

Suzanne
Old 04-22-2008, 11:07 AM   #679
burberryplaid
Addicted to SOARIN's Orange Scent
Has an affinity for cupcakes
There's nothing like leaving all your cares behind you and getting to be 6 years old all over again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
In Aug 2007, we took a bus directly from the WL to MK and then one directly back later in the evening. Either way works for me.

Suzanne
That's how it was when we there in September 07..I am just confused by the whole TTC thing because I don't recall the bus going there then.

ETA: This is what page one says about the bus:

Quote:
Magic Kingdom/Ft Wilderness Campground Buses:
This bus stop shares buses that travel to the Magic Kingdom (Direct route to and from Magic Kingdom) and a second bus that travels to Ft Wilderness Campground this bus goes to the Settlement Depot. (Pioneer Hall/Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue Show) You may ask the driver which location they are going to before boarding.
*Note: The Direct Bus runs between Wilderness Lodge and the Magic Kingdom until after the Magic Kingdom closes then reverts back to the old route to TTC so depending on when your trip is and when the MK closes this could be another option to travel from the Monorail Resorts to or from Wilderness Lodge after normal park hours.
So I guess there are 2 busses..one that does go direct to MK during regular park hours and then one that goes to Ft Wilderness and one to the TTC otherwise...If I am reading it correctly.

Last edited by burberryplaid; 04-22-2008 at 11:14 AM.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:04 PM   #680
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo
I知 SERIOUS..milk just fell from my --- udder

Quote:
...when we stayed at WL, there was no bus that went directly to MK - JUST TTC.....
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Old 04-22-2008, 01:16 PM   #681
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxer View Post
finally got switched from the AKL to the WL, and this is our first trip in a deluxe, so we're pretty excited.........we will be staying 5/11 to 5/20, and are booked 'currently' in a Standard View Room (hoping for an upgrade). If we do end up staying with the Standard View Room, are there any special floors/rooms that have better views or access? Unless I missed something on Page 1, I didn't see too many suggestions for Standard Rooms.

Also, is the Roaring Forks CS/food court locations something like we are used to at POR??? I've never been to deluxe food courts, so I don't know what to expect.
Unfortunately, the food court, which is not really a food court at the WL, is much smaller than the POR one. Usually, any complaint that someone has about the WL has been the Roaring Forks. It's just small, and some people think it has been laid out all wrong. Plus, some folks think the food offerings are not sufficient. To me, they offer enough choices for a family.

Old 04-22-2008, 01:23 PM   #682
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmerelda View Post
Lovemy3babes (cute name by the way... ) I'm thinking the only option inside the lodge is a junior suite. It has a separate bedroom with 2 queens and then a living room with a sofe sleeper and then of of course the bathroom. The only other option would 2 connecting rooms at the actual lodge. If you wanted to stay at the villas, you would have to do 2 bedroom (which would cost more). I believe with the junior suite, you have usage of the concierge also. You can to to Deb Wills site and look at the photos of the junior suite.

http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/g_wl.htm

I hope this helps....

You will love the WL!!! Its so beautiful.....when I asked my 2 teenage sons where they would like to stay for a few days before we go to Saratoga Springs...they both said the WL

have a super time! We are there in 52 days.... Yahhhhoooooooo.......
You are awesome!! Thank you Esmerelda!

Quote:
Another option might be one of the villas. I am not sure of the sleeping arrangements, but if you check page one it might give you a better of idea of what's available. You also get more room and a kitchen, if that's a consideration.
I'll look into them. Thanks!
Old 04-22-2008, 01:27 PM   #683
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxer View Post
finally got switched from the AKL to the WL, and this is our first trip in a deluxe, so we're pretty excited.........we will be staying 5/11 to 5/20, and are booked 'currently' in a Standard View Room (hoping for an upgrade). If we do end up staying with the Standard View Room, are there any special floors/rooms that have better views or access? Unless I missed something on Page 1, I didn't see too many suggestions for Standard Rooms.

Also, is the Roaring Forks CS/food court locations something like we are used to at POR??? I've never been to deluxe food courts, so I don't know what to expect.

We'll be there at the same time! We are there from 5/15-5/21. I'm worried about the food court as well. We really enjoyed the food court at POFQ last October.

Do they have fresh fruit in the food court at WL? We enjoyed getting grapes and mixed fruit with our snack credits for DD last time.

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:55 PM   #684
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post
Unfortunately, the food court, which is not really a food court at the WL, is much smaller than the POR one. Usually, any complaint that someone has about the WL has been the Roaring Forks. It's just small, and some people think it has been laid out all wrong. Plus, some folks think the food offerings are not sufficient. To me, they offer enough choices for a family.
...technically, it is NOT listed as a 'food court', per se, but a grab'n'go kinda place that happens to also offer hot foods....
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Old 04-22-2008, 01:57 PM   #685
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo

...the Deluxes don't really HAVE food courts, but rather these 'grab'n'go'/cafeteria-type of eateries with limited dining areas. We've stayed at POR and their food court is WA-A-A-AY bigger....the Mara, at AKL, is the same as WL....
Old 04-22-2008, 02:02 PM   #686
dizneykid
The Tag Fairy offers you pixie dust every day!!
Has a love bug named Dixie!
WL VET

Quote:
...the Deluxes don't really HAVE food courts, but rather these 'grab'n'go'/cafeteria-type of eateries with limited dining areas. We've stayed at POR and their food court is WA-A-A-AY bigger....the Mara, at AKL, is the same as WL....
Actually, Kim - I thought the Mara was twice as nice as Roaring Forks. Nothing against RF, though.

So this is love!
Jeanne Marcel Dixie Remy Jack
Old 04-22-2008, 02:04 PM   #687
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneykid View Post
Actually, Kim - I thought the Mara was twice as nice as Roaring Forks. Nothing against RF, though.
...not quite that large, but small when compared to POR or CSR [ Pepper Market].....[...we've eaten HERE also...]
Old 04-22-2008, 02:06 PM   #688
dizneykid
WL VET

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
We'll be there at the same time! We are there from 5/15-5/21. I'm worried about the food court as well. We really enjoyed the food court at POFQ last October.

Do they have fresh fruit in the food court at WL? We enjoyed getting grapes and mixed fruit with our snack credits for DD last time.
Yes, they have grapes, apples, etc. They also have whole fruit (bananas, apples, oranges).

The snack bar is small, but if you go into knowing that it is, it should be fine. They have hamburgers, pizza, chicken (strips, nuggets - not sure anymore). They also have a few different types of premade and also made to order sandwiches. They have a few made to order salads.

The hot food is usually ok, but sometimes it has been sitting under the heat lamps way too long. When I think it is not up to par I ask them to make me my item fresh. If they are not busy, they will usually comply, if not I get something else.

So this is love!
Old 04-22-2008, 02:11 PM   #689
dizneykid
WL VET

Quote:
...not quite that large, but small when compared to POR or CSR [ Pepper Market].....[...we've eaten HERE also...]
You are right! I didn't understand what you meant.

But, when you think of it, Roaring Forks is really the smallest. Oh well, it's good enough for me!! Just love their chicken salads. Yummee.

So this is love!
Old 04-22-2008, 02:11 PM   #690
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo

...RF doesn't have ZD's though......
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: