Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 07:06 PM   #661
desparatelydisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlz View Post
Hopefully someone can help me out. I have reservations at the Wilderness Lodge for both the Jr. Suite concierge level and a two bedroom in the villas. The two bedroom is only slightly more expensive, and the jr. suite gives me snacks, etc. throughout my day. With the four teenagers I will be with I think that would be great! However, is the jr. suite big enough????? Don't know what to do. Could someone please advise me as to the layout of the jr. suite as well as the view. Also, does it have a balcony??? I'm DVC so I already know all about the two bedroom layout, but where are they in the resort? Is the two bedroom a lot bigger than the suite, or within reason? Finally, the pool at the resorts are a huge big deal to me, will my teens like this pool? Please help, I know this is the right place to ask. Thanks so much.
One of the web pages - I think it is the luxury guide - has a floor plan for the jr. suites. That is what we always stay in. We have 3 little guys though vs. teenagers. We too looked at the 2 bedroom but in the end decided that club level was more important, and that it was cheaper.

There is a bedroom with a balcony that has 2 queen beds. It is separated from the living room (which also has a balcony) by french doors. It is about 540 sf. I think the 2 bedroom is villa is more like 700 sf. I think if I had 4 teenagers, i might choose the villa. You would get two bathrooms that way, instead of just one.

Currently planning:

Old 04-20-2008, 12:24 PM   #662
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo
I知 SERIOUS..milk just fell from my --- udder

[...another installment of my 'trippie' is up and running...]
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2008, 09:42 AM   #663
aesalsa
I'm the one with the hunka hunka burnin love Hubby

Hey to all my WL friends!

It's been way too long since I've posted here, and I hope everyone is well.

Saw some of your pics here, Laura; they are wonderful and full of life .

I actually have a question for our trip to the villas in less than 2 weeks:

What is the best way to get to the Poly from WL?? We have a 9:50 AM ADR at 'Ohana on the 4th.

Thanks!

Old 04-21-2008, 09:58 AM   #664
MomtoGKC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesalsa View Post

What is the best way to get to the Poly from WL?? We have a 9:50 AM ADR at 'Ohana on the 4th.

Thanks!

I don't know the answer to your question, but we'll be at WL at the same time so I'm just saying hi!

Mom to DD 11 , DD 9 , DS 7

1975-2011 - Too many trips to remember - CR, Poly, GF, BWI, BCV, WL, AKL, ASMu, POR, CSR, Dolphin, Swan, Treehouses, cabins, tent camping, SOG when it was the golf resort

A few offsite - Hilton Bonnet Creek, Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Buena Vista Palace, Nick Hotel
Old 04-21-2008, 10:28 AM   #665
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo

Quote:

Thanks!

OMG, my how big your DD has gotten!! I remember when she was first born...no, I remember when you were 'PREGGERS' ! I suggest taking the bus to the TTC and either walking to the Poly or taking the monorail....
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Old 04-21-2008, 01:39 PM   #666
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

What sort of room choices are there for a family of 5? (none being under age 3) What would be the "cheapest" option. Thanks in advance!

Just me and my girla very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 04-21-2008, 02:21 PM   #667
mariasjanes
Earning My Ears

Hello everyone! I just booked our very first stay at the Wilderness Lodge for this September for Free Dinng. At first we were going to stay at Pop but DH wanted to try a Deluxe. I am so excited and I'm reading everything I can about WL. Thanks for all of the great info so far!

Mach 2007 Pop Century
May 2010 Animal Kingdom Lodge
Old 04-21-2008, 02:54 PM   #668
tglimp
Earning My Ears

spending anniversary at WL

We will be at the WL from 6/15 to 6/20. This is our first stay there and would like some ideas on some things to do. This is our 25th year anniversary. we are looking so forward to it.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:35 PM   #669
Esmerelda
DVC'r 10/04/Dis Veteran

Lovemy3babes (cute name by the way... ) I'm thinking the only option inside the lodge is a junior suite. It has a separate bedroom with 2 queens and then a living room with a sofe sleeper and then of of course the bathroom. The only other option would 2 connecting rooms at the actual lodge. If you wanted to stay at the villas, you would have to do 2 bedroom (which would cost more). I believe with the junior suite, you have usage of the concierge also. You can to to Deb Wills site and look at the photos of the junior suite.

http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/g_wl.htm

I hope this helps....

You will love the WL!!! Its so beautiful.....when I asked my 2 teenage sons where they would like to stay for a few days before we go to Saratoga Springs...they both said the WL

have a super time! We are there in 52 days.... Yahhhhoooooooo.......
Old 04-22-2008, 06:45 AM   #670
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

To the poster who asked about the best way to get to the Poly from the WL...if you have a car, it's easiest to drive straight over, IMO. If you don't have a car, take the boat to the Contemporary, and ride the monorail to the Poly. (second stop after you board at the Cont.)
We just returned from the WL, and enjoyed it immensely. I adore that wonderful lobby!!!

Old 04-22-2008, 07:00 AM   #671
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tglimp View Post
We will be at the WL from 6/15 to 6/20. This is our first stay there and would like some ideas on some things to do. This is our 25th year anniversary. we are looking so forward to it.
....get a bottle of champagne and two glasses and head directly to the hot tub....
Old 04-22-2008, 07:01 AM   #672
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post
To the poster who asked about the best way to get to the Poly from the WL...if you have a car, it's easiest to drive straight over, IMO. If you don't have a car, take the boat to the Contemporary, and ride the monorail to the Poly. (second stop after you board at the Cont.)
....I was going to suggest THAT, but if you get on the wrong boat, you wind up going to FW FIRST.......also, the walk from the Cont. dock to the monorail is really long....
Old 04-22-2008, 08:45 AM   #673
burberryplaid
Addicted to SOARIN's Orange Scent
Has an affinity for cupcakes
There's nothing like leaving all your cares behind you and getting to be 6 years old all over again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
What sort of room choices are there for a family of 5? (none being under age 3) What would be the "cheapest" option. Thanks in advance!
Another option might be one of the villas. I am not sure of the sleeping arrangements, but if you check page one it might give you a better of idea of what's available. You also get more room and a kitchen, if that's a consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tglimp View Post
You can take a carriage ride at FW...rent a Wishes cruise from the marina..get a gift basket or flowers sent to your room..get a couples massage..lots of things really. Oh, and make sure that your reservation notes that it's your anniversary and get an anniversary button when you check in so the cast members know you're celebrating.

Quote:

Thanks!
Someone mentioned taking the bus to the TTC, I don't think the bus actually goes to the TTC..you'll have to take it to the Magic Kingdom, and get on the monorail there. That would probably be your fastest option. The boat is a nice alternative..although that will take you a little longer. If you're confused by where the boat is going, you can always ask the driver before you get on.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:49 AM   #674
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by burberryplaid View Post
...Someone mentioned taking the bus to the TTC, I don't think the bus actually goes to the TTC..you'll have to take it to the Magic Kingdom, and get on the monorail there. That would probably be your fastest option. The boat is a nice alternative..although that will take you a little longer. If you're confused by where the boat is going, you can always ask the driver before you get on.

...then that has been changed....we took the bus from the TTC to WL one night, after Wishes, because the boat was just too darn crowded....
Old 04-22-2008, 09:04 AM   #675
boxer
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

finally got switched from the AKL to the WL, and this is our first trip in a deluxe, so we're pretty excited.........we will be staying 5/11 to 5/20, and are booked 'currently' in a Standard View Room (hoping for an upgrade). If we do end up staying with the Standard View Room, are there any special floors/rooms that have better views or access? Unless I missed something on Page 1, I didn't see too many suggestions for Standard Rooms.

Also, is the Roaring Forks CS/food court locations something like we are used to at POR??? I've never been to deluxe food courts, so I don't know what to expect.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: