Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 04:08 PM   #631
homeschoolmomof4
Keep moving forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter1211 View Post
Thanks so much for the reply homeschoolmom. We have 2 woods view rooms. They have on there already to request they be connected since the children in the other room are ours. According to the first page, it looks like if I want to hopefully get a view of the magic kingdom (or at least the fireworks through the trees) that the best thing to request would be the northside overlooking otter pond. Is that right??
What you're planning on requesting sounds great! I would just add that you might want to request want an upper level floor so that you'll have a better shot of getting a good view of the fireworks.

Pop Century January 2015 Pop Century December 2013 Pop Century October 2012 Pop Century December 2011 Pop Century December 2010 Contemporary March 2010-Parents only trip!! Pop Century December 2009 Pop Century January 2009 Wilderness Lodge January 2008 Wilderness Lodge February 2007 Contemporary February 2005

Old 04-15-2008, 05:28 PM   #632
dlz
Mouseketeer

Jr. Suite concierge vs two bedroom villa

Hopefully someone can help me out. I have reservations at the Wilderness Lodge for both the Jr. Suite concierge level and a two bedroom in the villas. The two bedroom is only slightly more expensive, and the jr. suite gives me snacks, etc. throughout my day. With the four teenagers I will be with I think that would be great! However, is the jr. suite big enough????? Don't know what to do. Could someone please advise me as to the layout of the jr. suite as well as the view. Also, does it have a balcony??? I'm DVC so I already know all about the two bedroom layout, but where are they in the resort? Is the two bedroom a lot bigger than the suite, or within reason? Finally, the pool at the resorts are a huge big deal to me, will my teens like this pool? Please help, I know this is the right place to ask. Thanks so much.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2008, 06:04 PM   #633
branv
The safety feature in my parents van was floor to ceiling shag carpet
If your clothes are cute enough, you can be forgiven for sensible shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlz View Post
Hopefully someone can help me out. I have reservations at the Wilderness Lodge for both the Jr. Suite concierge level and a two bedroom in the villas. The two bedroom is only slightly more expensive, and the jr. suite gives me snacks, etc. throughout my day. With the four teenagers I will be with I think that would be great! However, is the jr. suite big enough????? Don't know what to do. Could someone please advise me as to the layout of the jr. suite as well as the view. Also, does it have a balcony??? I'm DVC so I already know all about the two bedroom layout, but where are they in the resort? Is the two bedroom a lot bigger than the suite, or within reason? Finally, the pool at the resorts are a huge big deal to me, will my teens like this pool? Please help, I know this is the right place to ask. Thanks so much.
I haven't even stayed at WL yet, but I saw this in my research and thought I'd send it on. Scroll down and you'll see a set of photos for the jr. suite:

http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/g_wl.htm
Old 04-15-2008, 09:49 PM   #634
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

I am going to be upgrading my December trip to the WL CL and I am really looking forward to this trip. DH and I will be celebrating our 7th Anniversary and it is also our Christmas present. My mom will be along with us. DH and I stayed in a CY room last August and just fell in love with the WL , so I am really looking forward to staying CL for the first and probably only time.

Can anyone tell me about the fully handicapped accessible rooms at this level, do they have different views, do they only have King beds or are there any with 2 Queens. I can't find a Special needs CM that knows, I have been told several different things. I don't want the 3 of us to show up and not have enough room. I have also posted this on the Disabilities Board, but other input would be great.

Looking forward to staying at the WL again.

Suzanne
Old 04-16-2008, 07:58 AM   #635
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

...hey, Beckster, where have Laura and Marco been??? I haven't seen ANY posts by them for quite a while....
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath...""Am I Up to the Challenge..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Old 04-16-2008, 08:37 AM   #636
dizneykid
The Tag Fairy offers you pixie dust every day!!
Has a love bug named Dixie!
WL VET

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
I am going to be upgrading my December trip to the WL CL and I am really looking forward to this trip. DH and I will be celebrating our 7th Anniversary and it is also our Christmas present. My mom will be along with us. DH and I stayed in a CY room last August and just fell in love with the WL , so I am really looking forward to staying CL for the first and probably only time.

Can anyone tell me about the fully handicapped accessible rooms at this level, do they have different views, do they only have King beds or are there any with 2 Queens. I can't find a Special needs CM that knows, I have been told several different things. I don't want the 3 of us to show up and not have enough room. I have also posted this on the Disabilities Board, but other input would be great.

Looking forward to staying at the WL again.

Suzanne
May I ask how many rooms you will have. Will you just be getting one for you, DH and mom or will it be two rooms?

Once, I know this I can try and find out for you.

So this is love!
Jeanne Marcel Dixie Remy Jack
Old 04-16-2008, 10:36 AM   #637
MomtoGKC
DIS Veteran

Anyone going to be at the WL in 15 days? We're going for our first trip May 1-7 and I can't wait!!

Mom to DD 13 , DD 11 , DS 9

1975-present - Too many trips to remember - CR, Poly, GF, BWI, BCV, WL, AKL, ASMu, POR, CSR, Dolphin, Swan, Treehouses (old), cabins, tent camping, SOG when it was the golf resort

A few offsite - Hilton Bonnet Creek, Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Buena Vista Palace, Nick Hotel
Old 04-16-2008, 11:30 AM   #638
PrincessSuzanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneykid View Post
May I ask how many rooms you will have. Will you just be getting one for you, DH and mom or will it be two rooms?

Once, I know this I can try and find out for you.
I don't have any idea, I have only requested one room, but am being told that they will probably put us in 2 rooms, because the HA room only has a king bed. I can't get anyone to tell me specifically, but I am told that they won't tell me until check in. Per the ADA(I think) they have to give us 2 rooms and not charge for the second. I really wish I knew.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really want to do this.

Suzanne
Old 04-16-2008, 11:32 AM   #639
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomtoGKC View Post
Anyone going to be at the WL in 15 days? We're going for our first trip May 1-7 and I can't wait!!
...what a nice time of year to go....you are going to LOVE it!
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath...""Am I Up to the Challenge..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Old 04-16-2008, 12:47 PM   #640
dizneykid
The Tag Fairy offers you pixie dust every day!!
Has a love bug named Dixie!
WL VET

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
I don't have any idea, I have only requested one room, but am being told that they will probably put us in 2 rooms, because the HA room only has a king bed. I can't get anyone to tell me specifically, but I am told that they won't tell me until check in. Per the ADA(I think) they have to give us 2 rooms and not charge for the second. I really wish I knew.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really want to do this.

Suzanne
Suzanne,

OK, I got the scoop. I found out that ALL handicapped accessible rooms on the Club Level have only 1 king sized bed. Therefore, I was told to tell you that when you call to make your reservations, tell the agent that you would like to book one room for say 3/4 guests (don't know how many are going); but you have one person who will be in that room and is handicapped.

The agent should then transfer you to a "special needs department" reservationist who will help you. They will ask your information and that they should give you 1 handicapped accessible king bed room and then give you another room with two queen beds. This room will be "connected" to your other room. You will not be charged for the second room. The agent will then call the Club Level and confirm with them that at the time you will be visiting that they will have those rooms available. So book early.

Hope you get a knowledgable reservationist.

Hope this helps.

So this is love!
Jeanne Marcel Dixie Remy Jack
Old 04-16-2008, 01:19 PM   #641
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Only 29 more days!!! I can't believe we will be there in less than a month.

This thread rocks! Can't wait to stay in the lodge!

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:40 PM   #642
PrincessSuzanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneykid View Post
Suzanne,

OK, I got the scoop. I found out that ALL handicapped accessible rooms on the Club Level have only 1 king sized bed. Therefore, I was told to tell you that when you call to make your reservations, tell the agent that you would like to book one room for say 3/4 guests (don't know how many are going); but you have one person who will be in that room and is handicapped.

The agent should then transfer you to a "special needs department" reservationist who will help you. They will ask your information and that they should give you 1 handicapped accessible king bed room and then give you another room with two queen beds. This room will be "connected" to your other room. You will not be charged for the second room. The agent will then call the Club Level and confirm with them that at the time you will be visiting that they will have those rooms available. So book early.

Hope you get a knowledgable reservationist.

Hope this helps.

Oh dizneykid, you don't know how much that has settled my mind. I was under the impression that this is what would happen, but Special needs won't actually tell you this.

My AAA TA is working on this for me, so hopefully they will get it right. We are going in December and I have been told that there are several rooms available, so hopefully it won't be a problem.

Thank you again,

Suzanne
Old 04-16-2008, 02:48 PM   #643
hightown
I feel need for speed--Rockin' Roller Coaster

Suzanne, that's the way I understand it too from reading on the DISabililties forum. We're staying at WL 5/30-6/5. Three in our part and have asked for an accessible room. I think pretty much all the HC rooms are king bed only.

I think Disney doesn't want to advertise what they do for parties of 3 or 4 because you know there will be people reserving HC room just to get the 2nd room when there is no need. And with ADA, Disney can't ask for any sort of proof that the HC room is actually needed.

Sharon

18 TRIPS BETWEEN 11/99 AND 06/08. Have stayed at: POFQx3, POR, WLx2, BWI, YCx2, AKLx3, POLY, CBR, CSR, POPx2, SSR, Dolphinx2, HARD ROCKx2, Royal Pacific

DISNEY WONDER 5/12/05: WWTBAM MILLION POINT WINNER #97 CRUISE
Old 04-16-2008, 04:06 PM   #644
PrincessSuzanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightown View Post
Suzanne, that's the way I understand it too from reading on the DISabililties forum. We're staying at WL 5/30-6/5. Three in our part and have asked for an accessible room. I think pretty much all the HC rooms are king bed only.

I think Disney doesn't want to advertise what they do for parties of 3 or 4 because you know there will be people reserving HC room just to get the 2nd room when there is no need. And with ADA, Disney can't ask for any sort of proof that the HC room is actually needed.

Sharon

Oh yes, you are right, it just makes it hard to take a vacation without peace of mind. I am the kind of person that needs to know what I am going to have before I get there and I don't have that.

Now, make sure they know that you need "fully" accessible, because there are different categories of HA rooms and not all of them have the same features. That is how we ended up with a mess in December. Someone didn't change some info in the computer and we ended up with the wrong kind of facilities and no way to change them. I certainly want to make sure that doesn't happen again, because it made for a difficult trip.

Suzanne
Old 04-17-2008, 08:09 AM   #645
burberryplaid
Addicted to SOARIN's Orange Scent
Has an affinity for cupcakes
There's nothing like leaving all your cares behind you and getting to be 6 years old all over again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomtoGKC View Post
Well, I'll be there a few days before you..but I'll be there April 28-May 5 and I am beyond excited at this point!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: