Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 09:46 AM   #616
quinnc19
DIS Veteran

Do the standard rooms have privacy dividers between the beds?

Thanks!!
Old 04-12-2008, 10:18 AM   #617
SpaceGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinnc19 View Post
Do the standard rooms have privacy dividers between the beds?
Nope there are no privacy dividers between the beds in any of the rooms at Wilderness Lodge, nor in any of the other Disney resorts I've stayed in.

Last edited by SpaceGirl; 04-12-2008 at 12:31 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2008, 11:40 AM   #618
finallydvc08
I am the original NDM
squishing Mom's arm fat is fun
My life is driven by Disney

villas ?

I had a question about room requests. I see so much information about preferred views at WL, but not any specifics on VWL.

We are booked for a 1 bedroom at VWL. I don't want to go out on my balcony and just see trees or roads or parking lots. I don't mind looking at a creek, a pool, a lake, a meadow, a path or anything that may have some "action". So what should I request? Any particular building or a name for such a preferred view?

I would appreciate any help here. I don't want to be disappointed by a view of trees, roads, etc.

TIA!

DH DW DD(8) DS(5) DD(3)

Old 04-12-2008, 12:15 PM   #619
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
Florida people eat Gators....THE CIRCLE OF LIFE.
I love to laugh!

Sorry but you may be disappointed with your stay at the Villas. There is only one building, 90% of the views are of the woods.

Most DVC members that own at Wilderness Lodge prefer a view of the woods. You will not have a view of the parking lot or road but there is a good possibility you will have a view of the Woods. Some units have obstructed views throught the trees of the lake or may over look Hidden Springs Pool but it would be the luck of the room assignment with your request.

There isn't a preferred view category to request or to book.

You may want to request near the elevator overlooking the pool but remember this would just be a request not guaranteed.

I hope this doesn't make you doubt your decision to stay at the Villas, it is a beautiful resort but I don't want you to be disappointed either.

Beckie
Old 04-12-2008, 12:26 PM   #620
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

Eeyore's My Favorite

I'm so glad you enjoyed your first deluxe stay and that it was at Wilderness Lodge. Hopefully the diaper-age children were using the required to wear swim piapers.

A tip for your next stay if the hot tubs are too busy over at the Lodge, just walk over to the Villas the hot tub there is usually empty, it is also rather secluded.

Beckie
Old 04-12-2008, 12:48 PM   #621
raysum
Mouseketeer

Great tip on the hot tubs at the Villas. We were at the Wilderness Lodge in August and the hot tubs stayed busy, except for the one that was incredibly hot!!
Old 04-12-2008, 12:56 PM   #622
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore's My Favorite View Post
Loved the night time water parade which we viewed from the windy/cool beach and the view of the fireworks from the beach. It was spectacular.
I look forward to this soooo much-but I'm hoping from my balcony because DS will be most likely asleep by that time (but, if he's awake, we'll be hitting the beach!)

I did not think you could see the fireworks from the beach! That is so cool.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 04-12-2008, 01:04 PM   #623
finallydvc08
I am the original NDM
squishing Mom's arm fat is fun
My life is driven by Disney

Hi MagicInMyHeart,

Thank you for the "head's up." I think I could be just fine with an obstructed view of the lake, but it sounds like maybe a request for a pool view would be best.

I am sure that we will completely love our stay at VWL no matter the view. Any initial disappointment would quickly be replaced with pure ecstacy that we are simply there.

Does having a view of trees happen to increase our chances of seeing deer, bunnies, etc.? That would be some "action" I wouldn't mind seeing either.

DH DW DD (8) DS(5) DD(3)

Old 04-12-2008, 02:40 PM   #624
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

We have seen many deer, rabbits, wild turkeys, armadillos, ducks & hawks just setting out on our balcony.

Oh and last trip I also saw a snake and a mouse, actually is wasn't a mouse it was a rat but I have heard that there is a new resident cat over at the Villas his/her name is Lodgeloafer. Hopefully Lodgeloafer will take care of Mickey's freeloading relatives.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:12 PM   #625
jaycns
I am green with envy. Vanilla Ice is MY closet obsession!
I've got PUNKY POWER!
ppppfartttt - it was the SHOES! I swear!
It's wonderful to see the dropper of the poo

Does anyone know if WL offers some sort of in room treat? Along the lines of the chocolate characters offered at the GF or the chocolate monorail available at the CR or the chocolate giraffe/zebra striped strawberries at AKL. I have my fingers crossed!! Also, does anyone have a copy of the private dining menu? And last question, is there anywhere on the beach or in some other "pretty" area of the resort that we could grab some food from Roaring Forks and then make our way to for a sort of picnic experience? TIA!!
Old 04-14-2008, 07:12 PM   #626
hahmood
hahmood

we have found a chocolate canoe with three candies inside on the last two trip to WL
My son adores your Stitch autograph - how'd you get that?

2006 AKL Club Level
2007 WL Old Faithful Club
March 2008 WL Old Faithful Club

Old 04-14-2008, 08:58 PM   #627
Eeyore's My Favorite
EW Disney Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICinMYHEART View Post
Eeyore's My Favorite

I'm so glad you enjoyed your first deluxe stay and that it was at Wilderness Lodge. Hopefully the diaper-age children were using the required to wear swim piapers.

A tip for your next stay if the hot tubs are too busy over at the Lodge, just walk over to the Villas the hot tub there is usually empty, it is also rather secluded.

Beckie
Beckie - thanks for so much info on the WL - this whole thread made the visit so much fun to anticipate & when we got there I just kept glancing around in amazement at everything. I just wish the visit had been longer as I really wanted to take the lodge tour. Will try to talk DH into another mini-trip in the fall before the AP's run out as I'd love to be in another section of the lodge just to be able to enjoy other aspects of it.

As far as the hot tubs - didn't look like the kids had swim diapers on, but no one was really watching anything that was going on around the hot tub - saw some glass glasses out there too, which was really scarey!! I don't even take glass out around my hot tub here at home.........I'm too clumsy................LOL

Again - thanks to all the posters who gave us so much information and made our trip thoroughly relaxing & enjoyable. Hope your next trip is as much fun as ours was.....................

Well - the AP's have run out so it's time to begin saving again for the big 30th Wedding Anniversary Celebration.

AKL, CBR, WL, POP, POR, ASMo, ASMu, AS Sports, Fort Wilderness -1973-Grad Night : 1st WDW visit the year it opened!!
Old 04-15-2008, 07:22 AM   #628
hunter1211
Mouseketeer

I know I should read all 40 some pages, but I have read the first one about room asking for room areas and I am too lazy (along with having to feed my baby soon) to read through them all, so I will just ask my question and hope it hasn't been asked a million times. (Maybe someone can point me to the right page with the answer. )

I have an idea of the area of the WL I want to be in. This is our first trip to the WL and we will have 2 rooms with my kids and their grandparents. We would like to make this a magical trip if we can. (Isn't it always magical at disney! )

Anyway, when is the best time to request a certain room area? Do you call the resort? What number? The main number listed on the first page for the resort? Or do you fax the front desk? What is that number for the WL?

Any help and suggestion on the best way to try and get a good room would be appreciated along with any stories and ways you were able to get yours in the past.

CBR December 1994 (dh and I)
FW Campsite April 1995 (dh and I)
POR Riverside December 1996 (dh and I)
WL September 2008 Free Dining (me, dh, our 5 girls, dfil, dmil)
AKL November 9-13th 2009 (dh and I)
PBH September 17-19 2010 ASMo September 19-25th 2010 (me, dh, our 5 girls)
AKL Kidani September 16-21st 2013 (me, dh, our 5 girls, and my mom and dad)
Old 04-15-2008, 10:14 AM   #629
homeschoolmomof4
Keep moving forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter1211 View Post
I know I should read all 40 some pages, but I have read the first one about room asking for room areas and I am too lazy (along with having to feed my baby soon) to read through them all, so I will just ask my question and hope it hasn't been asked a million times. (Maybe someone can point me to the right page with the answer. )

I have an idea of the area of the WL I want to be in. This is our first trip to the WL and we will have 2 rooms with my kids and their grandparents. We would like to make this a magical trip if we can. (Isn't it always magical at disney! )

Anyway, when is the best time to request a certain room area? Do you call the resort? What number? The main number listed on the first page for the resort? Or do you fax the front desk? What is that number for the WL?

Any help and suggestion on the best way to try and get a good room would be appreciated along with any stories and ways you were able to get yours in the past.

When you make your reservations is probably the best time to make your room requests, but it's not too late to do it now. If you booked through a TA, call them and have them add it to your ressie. If you booked directly through Disney, call them and have them add your request to your ressie.

If you look on the first page of this thread, I believe there is a link to the map of WL. You can get a good idea of where you want to be based on that. Which view did you get? Standard? Woods? Courtyard? If you let us know what view you have, we can better help you in terms of recommending more specific locations in the resort.

Pop Century January 2015 Pop Century December 2013 Pop Century October 2012 Pop Century December 2011 Pop Century December 2010 Contemporary March 2010-Parents only trip!! Pop Century December 2009 Pop Century January 2009 Wilderness Lodge January 2008 Wilderness Lodge February 2007 Contemporary February 2005

Old 04-15-2008, 11:36 AM   #630
hunter1211
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for the reply homeschoolmom. We have 2 woods view rooms. They have on there already to request they be connected since the children in the other room are ours. According to the first page, it looks like if I want to hopefully get a view of the magic kingdom (or at least the fireworks through the trees) that the best thing to request would be the northside overlooking otter pond. Is that right??

CBR December 1994 (dh and I)
FW Campsite April 1995 (dh and I)
POR Riverside December 1996 (dh and I)
WL September 2008 Free Dining (me, dh, our 5 girls, dfil, dmil)
AKL November 9-13th 2009 (dh and I)
PBH September 17-19 2010 ASMo September 19-25th 2010 (me, dh, our 5 girls)
AKL Kidani September 16-21st 2013 (me, dh, our 5 girls, and my mom and dad)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: