Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 04:51 PM   #31
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
Florida people eat Gators....THE CIRCLE OF LIFE.
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBuss View Post
This is my first time staying at Wilderness Lodge (I have wanted to for SO long). All that was available was Courtyard View. Are all rooms of this type good or should I be requesting/avoiding certain areas?
TBuss
All Courtyard Views aren't the same...to receive the view most guest want when paying for a Courtyard View you need to add Inner Courtyard View to your reservation. There are Courtyard View rooms that actually have a view of the Villas and the small Hidden Springs Pool.

If you want the view of Silver Creek Springs Pool, Silver Creek, the waterfall, the geyser and Bay Lake, besure to add this to your request.

While I prefer the Courtyard rooms that are off the main Lobby, many enjoy the North Wing for a great view of the Electrical Water Pageant out on Bay Lake. While the views of the pool are better from the South Wings. I am posting a map from page 1 of the room locations so you can decide what you may prefer. Just click on the link below.

Beckie

Wilderness Lodge Room #'s and Locations
Old 02-05-2008, 05:20 PM   #32
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent View Post
The explanation of room location was excellent. However, since I have never been to the WL I can't for the life of me decide which room location to request. Okay, to be honest I can't even follow all the descriptions! I know this can be subjective, but does anyone have a preference? We are booked in a Deluxe Room.
Agent
WELCOME, I hope you enjoy your first visit to the Lodge.

I think if you reread the post about the Deluxe Rooms while following along with the room location map it will make more since, open two screens on your CP and view at the same time. (Hope it helps) You will see that most of the Deluxe Rooms are located at the very end of the North or South Wings near Bay Lake.

Wilderness Lodge Room #'s and Locations

As for preference I have stayed in the Deluxe Rooms several times and I love the views of Bay Lake from the South Wing at the very end of the hallway, it has an excellent view of the Electrical Water Pageant. BUT as the Deluxe Rooms are now Club Level access I would prefer a room closer to the elevators so you can be on the 7th floor in a second. The Deluxe Rooms # 2123, 3123, 4123, 5123 & 6123 are located right around the corner from the mid-way elevators making a quick trip to Club Level possible. They also have a Courtyard View that is very nice. Of these rooms I would request either 5123 or 6123.

Beckie
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2008, 06:04 PM   #33
propofol
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICinMYHEART View Post
Propofol

I did answer you question yesterday...It was the first post I answered on this new thread.

Beckie
Oops. Sorry!

Thanks so much for answering my question!
Old 02-05-2008, 06:17 PM   #34
agent
Earning My Ears

MAGICinMYHEART-

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Not only for some specific room numbers, but for a nice guide to computer use without being condescending. I truthfully never thought about opening 2 screens!

I am excited about the WL, but a little apprehensive since we are so familiar with DL. I feel like I'm traveling to a foreign country. I read posts and have to stop to assimilate all the abbreviations. Maybe I will become WDW billingual. Thank you again!
Old 02-05-2008, 06:27 PM   #35
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

Agent

OH, I just had a flash back to my first trip to DL, I know WDW like the back of my hand but standing in Disneyland was like being in a foreign country.

The one thing you will love about the Magic Kingdom and the other WDW Parks is how wide the walkways are.

Beckie
Old 02-06-2008, 09:12 AM   #36
Majestic
News at 11 with your anchorman Fred
WL VET
Father of the WL Memories Box

Looking really nice! Great job!
Old 02-06-2008, 09:16 AM   #37
kribit
DIS Veteran

Wow, I just paid for a Courtyard View. I'm glad I know this info going in, I'll be sure to call ahead with my request.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:25 AM   #38
tardin1964
I need it.....
I want it.....
Please........

Quote:
Tardin

You and I started posting about the same time here on the Wilderness Lodge thread, 5 years ago Where has the time gone?

Beckie
lol... I wish I knew... all I know is it's going by faster and faster....

My two previous trips we stayed in a wood view room overlooking the otter pond. I like the northwing upper floors becasue it's quite.

However, I may want to request a room off the lobby this trip. I don't think I've enjoyed the lobby as much as I could have since it was a bit of a walk back there from our room. Especially since my girls will be 10 and 12 yrs old this trip... I may need to be able to make a quick excape in the morning when the two of them and my wife are getting ready.

Since I have a woods view bunk bed room booked, I'm not sure how many options there will be off the lobby and what the view is like.

Anyone have any experience with woods view rooms off the lobby???

Thanks!

Poly 8/79, 8/81, 8/83
GF 8/92
WL 11/03, 11/05, 8/08
DCL 11/10
POFQ 6/11
Old 02-06-2008, 11:21 AM   #39
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tardin1964 View Post
lol... I wish I knew... all I know is it's going by faster and faster....
My two previous trips we stayed in a wood view room overlooking the otter pond. I like the northwing upper floors becasue it's quite.

However, I may want to request a room off the lobby this trip. I don't think I've enjoyed the lobby as much as I could have since it was a bit of a walk back there from our room. Especially since my girls will be 10 and 12 yrs old this trip... I may need to be able to make a quick excape in the morning when the two of them and my wife are getting ready.

Since I have a woods view bunk bed room booked, I'm not sure how many options there will be off the lobby and what the view is like.

Anyone have any experience with woods view rooms off the lobby???
Tardin
I am writing a new post that will cover all the request for room views and where to request. I will add it to one of the post on the first page when completed but it may take a few days...

As you enjoy the North View what about requesting one of the Woods View rooms located over WCC on floors 4th, 5th or 6th floor, there will be some landscaping below but you may still be able to see some of the fireworks.

Beckie
Old 02-07-2008, 06:48 AM   #40
tardin1964
I need it.....
I want it.....
Please........

Quote:
Tardin
I am writing a new post that will cover all the request for room views and where to request. I will add it to one of the post on the first page when completed but it may take a few days...

As you enjoy the North View what about requesting one of the Woods View rooms located over WCC on floors 4th, 5th or 6th floor, there will be some landscaping below but you may still be able to see some of the fireworks.

Beckie
Thanks Beckie, I think that's what we are going to request.

Poly 8/79, 8/81, 8/83
GF 8/92
WL 11/03, 11/05, 8/08
DCL 11/10
POFQ 6/11
Old 02-07-2008, 08:13 AM   #41
2diamonds&a~gem
Mouseketeer

a few WL questions

Greetings!
We will be staying at the WL this Sept/Oct for the first time.
I have read through several WL threads and found them very helpful, thank you for all your input/views/opinions and pics.
I have a question about the kiddie pool, is it a zero entry? and anyone have a pic of it? Also in the main pool will I be able to take the baby (will be 10 mos at the time) into the water in a baby raft/floaty? Or should I plan to get a water sling? And did I see that I can rent a life jacket for the week to be used in the pool?

Thanks so much for sharing all your knowledge and experiences- we are so very excited for our first WL stay.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:38 AM   #42
ash&abby'smom
Princess Ballerinas
Love, love Bobby Flay. I secretly have a crush on him, don't tell!
I was Sweet Pea in grade school, because I was just so sweet.

We just returned from our stay at the lodge 1/31-2/6. The lodge was beautiful as always and we truly enjoyed our stay. We were booked in a woods view room and ended up in a woods view with bunk beds. It was room 2006 we could see the otter pond and had a woods view. I will post pics of our room as soon as I get them loaded.

If anyone has any questions, I will try to answer.

The kiddie pool is 1 ft and is not zero entry. Last trip we brought a ring for my youngest dd and no one ever said we could not use it.

Beckie, great thread. I couldn't believe when I came home we were on a new thread. Great job.

Sharon

My Beautiful Sweet Angel! 2000-2013
I love and Miss You Sweet Angel!
Old 02-07-2008, 01:19 PM   #43
DeeCeeSW
DIS Veteran

Hi all,
Great thread! We will also be staying at WL for the first time this August. I just received my confirmation from CRO and it says (JB) next to Woods view. Does anyone have any idea what JB stands for? I did not request bunk beds as we need 2 queens. I am wracking my brain trying to figure out what it means.

TIA!
Old 02-07-2008, 01:28 PM   #44
dizneykid
The Tag Fairy offers you pixie dust every day!!
Has a love bug named Dixie!
WL VET

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeCeeSW View Post
Hi all,
Great thread! We will also be staying at WL for the first time this August. I just received my confirmation from CRO and it says (JB) next to Woods view. Does anyone have any idea what JB stands for? I did not request bunk beds as we need 2 queens. I am wracking my brain trying to figure out what it means.

TIA!
JB is the Wilderness Lodge code for Woods View.

So this is love!
Jeanne Marcel Dixie Remy Jack
Old 02-07-2008, 01:40 PM   #45
DeeCeeSW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneykid View Post
JB is the Wilderness Lodge code for Woods View.
Oh, ok. Thanks for the response. What does JB stand for then? Seems funny to type out Woods View and then put a (JB) next to it. Just curious...

Last edited by DeeCeeSW; 02-07-2008 at 01:50 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: