Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 06:46 AM   #3676
TheLodgeLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Marsons View Post
Hi all,

You are going to be seeing a lot of me in this thread. We are massive POR fans but after visiting the WL for ADRs we are visiting club level next August 13th for three nights followed by two weeks at POR.

I'm a married mom of two, but my husband and i have never had a honeymoon. He doesn't have a clue about WL let alone about staying club level. He thinks we are staying at Pop for the three nights. I'm not going to tell him till we arrive

Our Disney tickets start with our stay at POR so will need some ideas for those three days.

I plan to visit Cali Grill for tea, then i have heard about the camp fire at FW and the movie screening. Will also have plenty of pool time.

Any other ideas?

Room requests etc to be able to see the lake (water pageant) and pool?

Sarah
xxx
Welcome!!!!

You are going to love the Lodge!
Old 10-09-2009, 06:50 AM   #3677
TheLodgeLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieODC View Post
A PSA for future WL guests....

We stayed at WL in early September and just learned that our Banana Republic credit card #'s were stolen and used a week after we left FL at the Banana Republic in Orlando ($600 worth of men's suiting).

The only time we left our credit card unattended was when we went to the pool area, during which time our room was cleaned.

I've sent an email to Disney (no response yet) and my credit card company has been notified and is doing an investigation.

I know we should have been more careful with our card in the room, but at the end of the day it is still stealing.
So sorry this happened to you. It's good that you checked your card and found the charge. It's also good you let the Lodge know about this.

This is also a good reminder to all of us - Please secure your valuables! Anything you hold of value, put it in the safe.

Because you know "all it takes is one bad person" to ruin your trip. I know they do background checks on all their employees. But these economic times have some people very desperate.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2009, 06:53 AM   #3678
DisMaven
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizneyNutz View Post
If interested in decorating your tipping envelopes and don't fancy creating a design here is one we sometimes use.

Cute decoration! Can you tell me how to copy it or where you got it? I can't get it to copy just using my right click on my computer.

Thanks!
Disney Fantasy, March 2013 ; Wilderness Lodge, January, 2010 :; Disney Wonder, May, 2009 ; Grand Floridian, December, 2008 ; Polynesian, October, 2007 ; Grand Floridian, May, 2006 ; Sheraton Vistana, February, 2005 ; Yacht Club, May, 1997 ; 1979 - 1981: Orlando Resident -Too many times to count!

Old 10-09-2009, 01:48 PM   #3679
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Hi Fellow Lodge Lovers!
I just had to share my good news with you......just paid off my trip!!!!
I am so excited...I can't wait to hear "Welcome Home!"
We have a Woodsview bunkbed room booked....I had her add Upper floor, north wing, facing MK to my ressie....I'm hoping for a preek at Wishes
I can't wait!!!!
Now to just get that elusive Chef Mickey's Dinner ADR.......
Old 10-09-2009, 01:55 PM   #3680
FSUSammy
DIS Veteran

I'm so happy to say that I was able to nab WL for our week in 2 trips at the passholder rate! Long story short but we were supposed to go in Sept for my birthday but that happened to coincide wth my DH's last round of chemo (which was more important). Then I rescheduled it for our son's birthday which is next weekend and got WL for then. But during my DH's last chemo we found out that he had to return for a restaging in 3 weeks, which just so happened to be right before THAT trip.

So I had booked AKL instead because at the time WL was all booked up except for bunk's and I don't think our 2yr old will be good in a bunk. Today for no apparent reason I decided to check for WL on the weekend we are going and low and behold they had a courtyard view available! So I grabbed it before someone else could. I could not be happier. We are celebrating 2 birthday's and my husband being done with chemo!

Question about the courytard view rooms, I asked for an inner courtyard, is that a good enough request or do I need to be more specific. I know a request is just a request, but it would be nice to be a fabulous spot if we can.

Next Up: AAR - Oct 2012, YC - Nov 2012, POFQ - Nov 2012

Past Trips: Poly - Oct 2011, POP - May 2010 , CSR - Nov 2009 , WL - Oct 2009, SSR - May 2009 , AKL - March 2009 , POR - Nov 2008 , POFQ - July 2008
Old 10-09-2009, 03:18 PM   #3681
Diznejen1
DIS Veteran

Thank you !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymami View Post
I regret not getting the disney photographer -that is stationed in the lobby -to have a family picture taken outside on the grounds.
I did have him take one picture of my family standing on the little bridge over the water inside the lobby. But I would have loved a picture of all of us sitting on the rocking chairs that are just outside of the villas. You'll see them if you walk over there. I'll have to plan that one out on our next visit.
Thanks for the tip...I will make a note of it!
Old 10-10-2009, 07:21 AM   #3682
Aya
Earning My Ears

Just booked

I just changed my reservation from POR to WL for 10/16 to 10/23. With my code I had a $99 rate at POR and got $219 at WL (they only had Courtyard View available). Is this an okay rate? POR looked like fun (it will be my DH, my DS (4) and me) but I didn't want to do the double beds. I also like the boat to the MK. Can you get a bad room at the WL? Do any Courtyard views let you see the MK? I've read a lot of this thread but now my head is spinning! Thanks!

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/c3uianmdexb979r6.png[/img]

Many off site stays!
Grand Californian Hotel May 2008
Coronado Springs December 2008
Wilderness Lodge October 2009
Old 10-10-2009, 09:06 PM   #3683
chicagoshannon
DIS Veteran

We just changed our Feb reservation from POP to WL. I'm SO excited! We just booked Standard view for now but if an AP code comes out we'll be upgrading to Courtyard view hopefully.

If we have to stick with standard view what is a good wing/floor to ask for?
Old 10-11-2009, 02:05 PM   #3684
Kellytn
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglets Mommy View Post
Hi Fellow Lodge Lovers!
I just had to share my good news with you......just paid off my trip!!!!
I am so excited...I can't wait to hear "Welcome Home!"
We have a Woodsview bunkbed room booked....I had her add Upper floor, north wing, facing MK to my ressie....I'm hoping for a preek at Wishes
I can't wait!!!!
Now to just get that elusive Chef Mickey's Dinner ADR.......
We just had this same request. We had room 5020 and could see the fireworks! Good Luck!
Old 10-11-2009, 02:18 PM   #3685
DizneyNutz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMaven View Post
Cute decoration! Can you tell me how to copy it or where you got it? I can't get it to copy just using my right click on my computer.

Thanks!
Hello N.C. neighbor, sorry for the delay. I don't remember where we got it originally and I have never had anyone say they couldn't copy it. Anyhow if you would like, just PM us with your e-mail address and I will be happy to send it as an attachment, instead of through photobucket.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:40 PM   #3686
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizneyNutz View Post
If interested in decorating your tipping envelopes and don't fancy creating a design here is one we sometimes use.

This is great! Thanks for sharing!

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 10-12-2009, 11:15 AM   #3687
JPN4265
Don't ask the question, you may not like the answer.

We will be staying at the WL, and have booked the horse back riding at Fort Wilderness. Can anyone tell us the best way to get from the WL to FW. I know you can take the boat, but the stables for the trail ride are at the front of FW, and it would be a long walk to the front of the resort.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:57 AM   #3688
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya View Post
I just changed my reservation from POR to WL for 10/16 to 10/23. With my code I had a $99 rate at POR and got $219 at WL (they only had Courtyard View available). Is this an okay rate? POR looked like fun (it will be my DH, my DS (4) and me) but I didn't want to do the double beds. I also like the boat to the MK. Can you get a bad room at the WL? Do any Courtyard views let you see the MK? I've read a lot of this thread but now my head is spinning! Thanks!
That's a great rate for Courtyard!
The MK is on the North side of the building. If you have an upper floor inner courtyard view in the South wing, you MIGH be able to see a little bit of the fireworks over the roof, but you won't actually be able to SEE the MK itself. I love the WL, and would say that there is no bad room there, althouh some of the standard views aren't the greatest, from what I've read. You will be fine with courtyard, though. I'd just request inner courtyard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoshannon View Post
We just changed our Feb reservation from POP to WL. I'm SO excited! We just booked Standard view for now but if an AP code comes out we'll be upgrading to Courtyard view hopefully.

If we have to stick with standard view what is a good wing/floor to ask for?
It depends on what you want. There are a few standard rooms off the lobby, but I think they overlook roof peaks. If you want more of a wooded view, I'd ask for north side (but you could overlook the service area) The farther up you are, the better, I'd say. Check out the room location link on the 1st page. That should help you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellytn View Post
We just had this same request. We had room 5020 and could see the fireworks! Good Luck!
Cool! My fingers are crossed we are somewhere close to there!

Last edited by Piglets Mommy; 10-12-2009 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Typos
Old 10-12-2009, 12:02 PM   #3689
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPN4265 View Post
We will be staying at the WL, and have booked the horse back riding at Fort Wilderness. Can anyone tell us the best way to get from the WL to FW. I know you can take the boat, but the stables for the trail ride are at the front of FW, and it would be a long walk to the front of the resort.
I think one of the shared park busses is your best Bet. When we went in 2007, the Epcot Bus picked up at WL and then went to Ft Wilderness. that Bus stop was right by the Stables. You will just have to ask when you get there what order the busses arae running in...you don't want to get on if you'd have to do the whole loop first.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:07 PM   #3690
kabbie
DIS Veteran

I had a question about bus transportation. I read the first post about hours and it said that the AK bus started one hour before park opening. I have an 8:25 ADR at Tusker House so do I need to take a taxi? I thought the buses started earlier for character breakfasts, but maybe I'm wrong.

Thanks for the help!

Read about a WDW Vet solo trip to Disneyland
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1355408
1991 Offsite 1992-1997 Lived in Tampa; Visited as a Day Visitor several times a year 2000 Offsite-Hampton Inn on Palm Parkway 2002 Offsite Jan 2004 Marriott Village (I work for Marriott) Dec 2005 All Star Vacation Home Sept 28-Oct 3, 2006 POR (First time on property!) Feb 6-10, 2007 1st time at Disneyland (Anaheim Fairfield) Sept 26-Oct 5, 2007 WL/BWV Dec 12-14, 2007 Marriott Village (free room)Dec3-10, 2008 Marriott Grande Vista May 16-21, 2009 BWV Dec 12-17, 2009 POFQ/BCV/VWLOct 20 - 24, 2010 Marriott's Sabal Palms Aug 3-8, 2011 Disneyland - Anaheim Marriott Suites
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: