Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 07:20 PM   #3661
DizneyNutz
DIS Veteran

If interested in decorating your tipping envelopes and don't fancy creating a design here is one we sometimes use.

Old 10-07-2009, 07:31 PM   #3662
misha-ginger
Mouseketeer

Thanks
The design is awesome
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2009, 07:52 PM   #3663
DizneyNutz
DIS Veteran

You are welcome. Sorry we don't have an answer about the waffles, but DW and I are not big breakfast eaters and we have not travelled with little ones YET. This upcoming trip will be our first with one of our grandsons and he is not an eater either. Wishing you and YOURS a most MAGICAL trip.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:06 PM   #3664
disneygrandmom2007
Earning My Ears

Smile Mickey waffles

If you eat breakfast at WCC, and order the skillet, mini Mickey waffles (all you can eat) are part of the skillet.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:08 PM   #3665
misha-ginger
Mouseketeer

Do you need ADR for WCC for breakfast?
Old 10-07-2009, 08:15 PM   #3666
disneygrandmom2007
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by misha-ginger View Post
Do you need ADR for WCC for breakfast?
Depends on the time of year. During the holidays and Spring Break, probably but other times probably not. We have also found that the earlier you eat breakfast, the easier it is to get in. WCC is a fun place to eat. Be sure to ask for ketchup!
Old 10-07-2009, 08:16 PM   #3667
DizneyNutz
DIS Veteran

also if you eat an early dinner ( before 3:00 pm ) at the WCC, it cost around 15.00 for the skillet vs. 24.00 after 3:00pm. You won't get everything from the dinner menu, but you still get all you can eat and it contains the ribs and chicken.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:47 PM   #3668
mouskagirlie
Full-time Disney Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradyloganmom View Post
We are wondering this as well. We check-in Nov. 21 and leave Nov. 29.
Hi bradyloganmom - I like your Mickey tie-dyes!

12/09: YC CL/WL CL (split stay) - celebration trip!
12/08 and 12/07: WL
12/00 and 12/98: CBR

Old 10-08-2009, 11:57 AM   #3669
burberryplaid
Addicted to SOARIN's Orange Scent
Has an affinity for cupcakes
There's nothing like leaving all your cares behind you and getting to be 6 years old all over again!

We just booked our next trip to WL!! We were lucky to get a Buy 5 Get 2 Free pin code for our trip. It will be our first trip since May of '08...can't wait! The best part is we decided to do 2 trips next year, one in May and one in October..can't wait! We miss you WL!!
Old 10-08-2009, 12:54 PM   #3670
The Marsons
Port Orleans Crazy!

Hi all,

You are going to be seeing a lot of me in this thread. We are massive POR fans but after visiting the WL for ADRs we are visiting club level next August 13th for three nights followed by two weeks at POR.

I'm a married mom of two, but my husband and i have never had a honeymoon. He doesn't have a clue about WL let alone about staying club level. He thinks we are staying at Pop for the three nights. I'm not going to tell him till we arrive

Our Disney tickets start with our stay at POR so will need some ideas for those three days.

I plan to visit Cali Grill for tea, then i have heard about the camp fire at FW and the movie screening. Will also have plenty of pool time.

Any other ideas?

Room requests etc to be able to see the lake (water pageant) and pool?

Sarah
xxx
October 2008 - POR
February 2011 - GF
August 2011 - AKL, AKL CL, POR

Old 10-08-2009, 02:20 PM   #3671
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Marsons View Post
Hi all,

You are going to be seeing a lot of me in this thread. We are massive POR fans but after visiting the WL for ADRs we are visiting club level next August 13th for three nights followed by two weeks at POR.

I'm a married mom of two, but my husband and i have never had a honeymoon. He doesn't have a clue about WL let alone about staying club level. He thinks we are staying at Pop for the three nights. I'm not going to tell him till we arrive

Our Disney tickets start with our stay at POR so will need some ideas for those three days.

I plan to visit Cali Grill for tea, then i have heard about the camp fire at FW and the movie screening. Will also have plenty of pool time.

Any other ideas?

Room requests etc to be able to see the lake (water pageant) and pool?

Sarah
xxx
You can go to DTD. A lot of people will do that on a day off or the day they arrive. You can kill a lot of time there just shopping and the Lego store is a huge hit. If your kids are old enough, Disney Quest is a great place to go or Cirque Du Soliel for a night activity.

If you don't have the water park option for your tickets that start at POR you could use a day at a water park as well. Checking out other resorts is a great way to use up some time as well. The monorail resorts are fun as are the boardwalk resorts.

If you aren't DVC members, the DVC tour is another great way to spend some time. The tour took us about an hour and they don't pressure you into buying anything but we did get some $15 gift cards for going and ice cream. They even have a kids area where kids can play during your visit. It's always interesting to see other DVC resorts!

If you are planning on surprising DH, just a heads up if you are using DME. If you are, your luggage tags will say MK resorts: WL on them for your arrival so you might want to consider picking up your bags at Orlando as he will see the tags when you head to the airport. If you are driving all will be well!!

Have fun planning!!!

Old 10-08-2009, 03:25 PM   #3672
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sau418 View Post
About the photographer in the lobby, when I asked about it, was told that they do the lobby pictures and will put them on your photopass, however if you wanted more than that there was an additional charge. With two not always cooperative ones I was not willing to pay the additional charge only to get pictures with them not looking or smiling. I believe the charge was $70 and they did a half hour session in various spots.
That's great to know!
I had been considering booking a photo-session, but my kids and husband will wind up grumpy if we spent 30 min taking photos, but I really want a nice picture of us in front of the WL Tree for Christmas cards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizneyNutz View Post
If interested in decorating your tipping envelopes and don't fancy creating a design here is one we sometimes use.

That's really cool! Thanks!
Old 10-09-2009, 05:54 AM   #3673
JulieODC
DIS Veteran

A PSA for future WL guests....

We stayed at WL in early September and just learned that our Banana Republic credit card #'s were stolen and used a week after we left FL at the Banana Republic in Orlando ($600 worth of men's suiting).

The only time we left our credit card unattended was when we went to the pool area, during which time our room was cleaned.

I've sent an email to Disney (no response yet) and my credit card company has been notified and is doing an investigation.

I know we should have been more careful with our card in the room, but at the end of the day it is still stealing.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:04 AM   #3674
rcraw45425
I'm a 43 year old mom with a scar on my navel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieODC View Post
A PSA for future WL guests....

We stayed at WL in early September and just learned that our Banana Republic credit card #'s were stolen and used a week after we left FL at the Banana Republic in Orlando ($600 worth of men's suiting).

The only time we left our credit card unattended was when we went to the pool area, during which time our room was cleaned.

I've sent an email to Disney (no response yet) and my credit card company has been notified and is doing an investigation.

I know we should have been more careful with our card in the room, but at the end of the day it is still stealing.
Was it in the safe?
offsite '71,'86,'95,'04,Swan'98,CR'98,GF'99,CR'01,CR'03,WL '04,Polynesian'04,YC'05,GF'05,POFQ'05,CR'05,YC'06, PBH'06,CR'07,AS Sports,YC CL1/08,GF11/08, HRH 07/09, WL CL 11/09, PBH 1/10, CR Tower Club 1 bedroom suite 5/10,Royal Pacific Resort Club 12/10, BWI,Disney Dream 4/11,CSR/Grand Floridian 12/11,CR tower 10/12, AKL 1/13, Polynesian 6/13,Polynesian 10/13, PBH CL 11/13, BC 3/14 (2 BR suite)

Old 10-09-2009, 06:45 AM   #3675
JulieODC
DIS Veteran

No, it was not in the safe, but in a bag in our hotel room. If you look at the Resorts page on disboards, this seems to be an issue at Disney right now, with several other guests experiencing a similar problem (at SSR)...
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: