Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 10:51 PM   #3631
Hoosier Mom
DIS Veteran

Question for you experts on WL......

We are staying at WL in January. My sister is staying at CBR. We are trying to plan breakfast together at the Whispering Canyon Cafe at 8:00 a.m. She would need to leave CBR no later than 7:30 right?

How would she get to us that early? What time do the boats start running? I was wondering if she could catch a bus like she is going to a character meal and then take a boat or bus over to us at WL.

Here's the other tricky part....if Crystal Palace is going to be closed in January, then maybe going to MK to catch a boat or bus would not be possible due to the fact that they won't have a character breakfast???

Hope someone has a couple good suggestions. Thanks!!
Old 10-02-2009, 05:36 AM   #3632
rcraw45425
I'm a 43 year old mom with a scar on my navel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Mom View Post

We are staying at WL in January. My sister is staying at CBR. We are trying to plan breakfast together at the Whispering Canyon Cafe at 8:00 a.m. She would need to leave CBR no later than 7:30 right?

How would she get to us that early? What time do the boats start running? I was wondering if she could catch a bus like she is going to a character meal and then take a boat or bus over to us at WL.

Here's the other tricky part....if Crystal Palace is going to be closed in January, then maybe going to MK to catch a boat or bus would not be possible due to the fact that they won't have a character breakfast???

She'll have to leave a heck of a lot earlier than 7:30. There are no direct buses from resort to resort. She'd have to take a bus to a theme park, then transfer to the bus for WL. I think that there can be as long as a 20 minute wait between buses too, so if she arrived at a park just as the WL bus was departing, she could wait a while.

As for CP being closed , CRT also does character breakfasts, so the MK hub would be open.
offsite '71,'86,'95,'04,Swan'98,CR'98,GF'99,CR'01,CR'03,WL '04,Polynesian'04,YC'05,GF'05,POFQ'05,CR'05,YC'06, PBH'06,CR'07,AS Sports,YC CL1/08,GF11/08, HRH 07/09, WL CL 11/09, PBH 1/10, CR Tower Club 1 bedroom suite 5/10,Royal Pacific Resort Club 12/10, BWI,Disney Dream 4/11,CSR/Grand Floridian 12/11,CR tower 10/12, AKL 1/13, Polynesian 6/13,Polynesian 10/13, PBH CL 11/13, BC 3/14 (2 BR suite), Hard Rock Hotel for Diagon Alley Opening Day (7/14)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2009, 12:09 PM   #3633
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouskagirlie View Post
UGH, waiting - that is the worst part
I don't know if it is the worst I'm bummed because I haven't booked my trip yet (hoping they extend the 4/3 deal into April). So waiting for the deal to be released is stressing me out! I'd love it if I was booked and my ADRs booked. OK, so I'm just jealous of you

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 10-02-2009, 12:25 PM   #3634
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Mom View Post

Honestly, from CBR to WL, at that time of morning, I'd just take a Cab. She could easily get the character Breakfast Bus to MK, but will then have to try and get a bus or boat over to WL from there. She would have to allow at least an hour to do it that way, maybe more. I can't imagine that a cab would be anymore than $15. That's what we paid from AKL to WL, and that's farther than CBR to WL, I think.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:51 PM   #3635
JoJo1980
DIS Veteran

This is a bit of a random question! I was wondering if the WL sells photo frames that are resort specific?

Has anyone seem them recently or even got a photo of one?

This is our 3rd stay at WL and I love getting a snowglobe each time, but thought it would be really nice to get a photoframe to match & put one of our wedding photos in it that we had taken there too.

Thanks for any help
Old 10-02-2009, 01:43 PM   #3636
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJo1980 View Post
This is a bit of a random question! I was wondering if the WL sells photo frames that are resort specific?

Has anyone seem them recently or even got a photo of one?

This is our 3rd stay at WL and I love getting a snowglobe each time, but thought it would be really nice to get a photoframe to match & put one of our wedding photos in it that we had taken there too.

Thanks for any help
Yes they do....I bought one in March while staying at WL. It has the totem pole of Mickey, Donald, Goofy, and the bear (forgot his name) on one side and the other side has a replica of the huge fireplace in the main lobby. Unfortunately we don't have it out yet, and is still in it's packing box because we are getting our house ready to move...so I guess it will be a new addition to a new home.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:34 PM   #3637
Microcell
No, no,no, those red signs with the word STOP on them are optional if they have a white border.
I hope you like Debbie Gibson? I did not and got busted at a DECA National Convention for skipping her concert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouskagirlie View Post
DS and I are two of the lightest sleepers ever and neither of us have had any problems sleeping. However, we have only stayed on 5th and 6th floors (north wing woods view) so I would maybe request an upper floor. We could hear the fireworks at night, but we were also watching them so it was not a big deal. We could hear the boat horns kind of early in the morning, again no big deal though. All that being said, I do not think any noise we could hear was unreasonable. Maybe around typical dinner hour I could hear applause from WCC but it was pretty faint.

We sometimes use a white noise machine to help drown out some of the typical sounds when we travel.

Enjoy your trip - I think you will just love it
Thanks! I will have earplugs too (I can't even sleep with my DH I am so bad) but I will ask for an upper floor!
Old 10-02-2009, 02:38 PM   #3638
Disbug1
Mouseketeer

Anyone going to WL soon?? If so i was wondering if the "Robes" or dressing gowns are back in stock?? Last year they were a brown color,cant remember the cost of them

TIA
Old 10-02-2009, 02:42 PM   #3639
JoJo1980
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohsFan1 View Post
Yes they do....I bought one in March while staying at WL. It has the totem pole of Mickey, Donald, Goofy, and the bear (forgot his name) on one side and the other side has a replica of the huge fireplace in the main lobby. Unfortunately we don't have it out yet, and is still in it's packing box because we are getting our house ready to move...so I guess it will be a new addition to a new home.

ooo that sounds lovely!! Thankyou for your help! I hope they still have them when we go in december as that sounds perfect!

Good luck with your move
Old 10-02-2009, 03:07 PM   #3640
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

The Pool - your opinion????

Ok, the pool is really important to my family. That includes - places to sit, some shade available, drinks at the pool (and some food), the pool itself (is it crowded???), and the slide. And any info on the hot tub? Is there an additional 'quiet' pool or is there a deep end on the main pool?

Thanks for any info!

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 10-02-2009, 05:49 PM   #3641
LlamaMamaof2
Mouseketeer

Hi- I am wondering if there is a microwave in the quick service food place? My kids like the mac and cheese cups and I would like to pack some if there is a microwave available. Thanks!
Old 10-02-2009, 05:52 PM   #3642
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlamaMamaof2 View Post
Hi- I am wondering if there is a microwave in the quick service food place? My kids like the mac and cheese cups and I would like to pack some if there is a microwave available. Thanks!
Yes, there is a microwave in the dining section of the RCC.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:28 PM   #3643
Diznejen1
DIS Veteran

Our First Stay

DH and I are staying at Wilderness Lodge the second weekend in December. This thread has done nothing but excite us even more than we already were....if that was possible....
Is there anything else we should know before going? This is the best place for information so ya'll please inform me!
Thanks, J
Old 10-02-2009, 06:34 PM   #3644
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
Ok, the pool is really important to my family. That includes - places to sit, some shade available, drinks at the pool (and some food), the pool itself (is it crowded???), and the slide. And any info on the hot tub? Is there an additional 'quiet' pool or is there a deep end on the main pool?

Thanks for any info!
The pool is a nice small wonderful place to gather! As far as the slide being all that and a bag of chips..it really isn't that great but it's still a slide!!

In the main pool area, there are not a lot of shaded areas. Getting a table with an umbrella would be your best bet but over at the Villas Pool (no slide) there are more shaded areas.

The pool can get crowded because it's a smaller area than other pools, esp. in the summer!! The hot tubs at the main pool are nice but the hot tub at the villas pool tends to be less crowded.

Guests from FW used to hop the boat over to WL to "crash" the pool but now that they have redone their pool at FL with a slide, kid area, and hot tub, I'm going to be curious to see if it is less crowded when we're there in Dec.

The food is good. We always get one adult drink from the bar. My Ddad LOVES that they sell the WDW popcorn at the bar. Roaring forks is also close by so you'll see people get lunch and bring it to the pool area.

They do have towels at the pool for use. I'm not sure about the villas pool though???

The main pool has a bit of a deep end but no bigger than 6 ft I think? The little stream that starts in the lobby ends up in the pool so that's pretty cool!!

I hope that helps a bit! If you are looking for a 100% pool adventure YC/BC might be more for you but I'm sure you won't be upset with WL...just get there somewhat early to get a good spot!
Old 10-02-2009, 06:37 PM   #3645
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diznejen1 View Post
DH and I are staying at Wilderness Lodge the second weekend in December. This thread has done nothing but excite us even more than we already were....if that was possible....
Is there anything else we should know before going? This is the best place for information so ya'll please inform me!
Thanks, J
I'll be staying there the same weekend!!! The only advice I can give you is that if you want a specific room request I would make it before the trip. It might not be granted but you can try! For example: we're booked courtyard view with bunk bed so I called and requested an Inner CY view of the main pool on an upper floor (we don't want a lower floor room).

That is really the only thing I can think of that you would need to do before coming!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: