Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 07:44 PM   #3616
Carol17
Mouseketeer

a word to the wise

I have seen it stated here time and again, and I too have to say...if you don't get what you want, try calling again and talking to another CM. As I posted earlier, I tried calling today to add 2 days to our ressie for WL CL in order to take advantage of the 4/7 deal. I was told there was no room available. We called again tonight, and was told by a different CM that WL CL is NOT taking part in the 3/7 deal. Apparently resorts can decided NOT to be part of the deal. So l long story short, we had to switch to Boardwalk in CL instead. So sometimes it takes a couple phone calls to get the facts straight from a more experienced/knowledgable CM.

We are a little disapointed to not be at WL for the last couple days while the decorations are up. We were planning on going to the Boardwalk in April, so I guess we are just going a little earlier!
Yacht Club Trip Report 2009
January 2010-Birthday Trip-The Boardwalk Inn
Boardwalk Inn January 2010 Trip Report:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2512974
Old 09-29-2009, 08:00 PM   #3617
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol17 View Post
I have seen it stated here time and again, and I too have to say...if you don't get what you want, try calling again and talking to another CM. As I posted earlier, I tried calling today to add 2 days to our ressie for WL CL in order to take advantage of the 4/7 deal. I was told there was no room available. We called again tonight, and was told by a different CM that WL CL is NOT taking part in the 3/7 deal. Apparently resorts can decided NOT to be part of the deal. So l long story short, we had to switch to Boardwalk in CL instead. So sometimes it takes a couple phone calls to get the facts straight from a more experienced/knowledgable CM.

We are a little disapointed to not be at WL for the last couple days while the decorations are up. We were planning on going to the Boardwalk in April, so I guess we are just going a little earlier!
I totally agree with you on the CM facts. I had reached my 90 day window for ADRs and was able to do them all online except candlelight which had to be booked over the phone so being that I'm a seasonal CM, I called the cast line to book it right at 7am only to be told that I can't book it and it has to be booked online..ya right..so I called back on the main dining line and was able to book it. You gotta be kidding me sometimes on what they do and do not know..it kills me!
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2009, 08:14 PM   #3618
chewreck
Earning My Ears

WL Courtyard View

We have reservations for 12/12 through 12/19 at WL.

Originally, we had a standard room with the free dining plan and 6 day park hopper passes.

Called yesterday and changed to the 4/3 deal and upgraded to a courtyard view with the dining plan and 7 day park hopper passes. The price only went up about $60 total. I was really pleased with that.

Anyway, my question is now that I'm in a courtyard view room, what is the best room request to put in to see the fireworks/castle at the magic kingdom? Is this even possible from the WL?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!!
Old 09-29-2009, 08:20 PM   #3619
rcraw45425
I'm a 43 year old mom with a scar on my navel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewreck View Post

Originally, we had a standard room with the free dining plan and 6 day park hopper passes.

Called yesterday and changed to the 4/3 deal and upgraded to a courtyard view with the dining plan and 7 day park hopper passes. The price only went up about $60 total. I was really pleased with that.

Anyway, my question is now that I'm in a courtyard view room, what is the best room request to put in to see the fireworks/castle at the magic kingdom? Is this even possible from the WL?

Hate to tell you but I think that you need a woods view room to see fireworks. We had inner main courtyard 5 years ago and had a great view of the geyser, pool and Electric Water pagent but no fireworks.
offsite'71,'86,'95,'04,Swan'98,CR'98,GF'99,CR'01,C R'03,WL'04,Polynesian'04,YC'05,GF'05,POFQ'05,CR'05 ,YC'06,PBH'06,CR'07,AS Sports,YC CL1/08,GF11/08, HRH 07/09, WL CL 11/09, PBH 1/10, CR Tower Club 1 bedroom suite 5/10,Royal Pacific Resort Club 12/10, BWI,Disney Dream 4/11,CSR/Grand Floridian 12/11,CR tower 10/12, AKL 1/13, Polynesian 6/13,Polynesian 10/13, PBH CL 11/13, BC 3/14 (2 BR suite), Hard Rock Hotel for Diagon Alley Opening Day (7/14),Swan (11/14)

Old 09-29-2009, 08:22 PM   #3620
rcraw45425
I'm a 43 year old mom with a scar on my navel!

Room 6039, inner courtyard view

THese were taken from our balcony:

Geyser:

theme pool:

offsite'71,'86,'95,'04,Swan'98,CR'98,GF'99,CR'01,C R'03,WL'04,Polynesian'04,YC'05,GF'05,POFQ'05,CR'05 ,YC'06,PBH'06,CR'07,AS Sports,YC CL1/08,GF11/08, HRH 07/09, WL CL 11/09, PBH 1/10, CR Tower Club 1 bedroom suite 5/10,Royal Pacific Resort Club 12/10, BWI,Disney Dream 4/11,CSR/Grand Floridian 12/11,CR tower 10/12, AKL 1/13, Polynesian 6/13,Polynesian 10/13, PBH CL 11/13, BC 3/14 (2 BR suite), Hard Rock Hotel for Diagon Alley Opening Day (7/14),Swan (11/14)

Old 09-29-2009, 08:26 PM   #3621
chewreck
Earning My Ears

If I was on the opposite side from your room

If I was on the opposite side from your room, would I have a view of the fireworks?

Thanks for the pictures! We're excited about having the courtyard room now. Forgot to mention it's the courtyard room with bunk beds! My 3 year old daughter is so excited!
Old 09-29-2009, 08:43 PM   #3622
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
If I was on the opposite side from your room, would I have a view of the fireworks?

Thanks for the pictures! We're excited about having the courtyard room now. Forgot to mention it's the courtyard room with bunk beds! My 3 year old daughter is so excited!
Yay!! We will be there at the same time (Dec 10-15) with courtyard view and bunkbeds!! I called today to make sure to request inner courtyard because on our stay in Feb 08 we had paid for courtyard and had a view of the villas pool and the front desk told us that was a courtyard view but moved us anyways so you might want to call as well and request inner courtyard!!
Old 09-29-2009, 09:33 PM   #3623
yaksack
DIS Veteran

We will arrive tomorrow!

Prior to 1997 - Too young or too drunk to remember
1997 - Honeymoon - Wilderness Lodge
2001 - WL
2002 - POFQ
2004 - WL
2006 - VWL
2008 - AKLV and BCV
2009 - VWL
2011 - Treehouses/Bay Lake Tower
2013 - VWL

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]
Old 09-29-2009, 11:37 PM   #3624
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We had a standard view and we had a great view of the fireworks. If we looked down of course we saw the delivery area, but worked out great for us since we were use to noise when we sleep we actually kept the door cracked so we could hear it. If we closed the patio door it was SILENT. We had room 5050. It was a great location to RFC and to get out for the boats.

Here are a few pics of the view during the day and a lame attempt at the fireworks

Looking straight down

Looking right

Looking left

2 Straight ahead. You can't really see the CR in the photos but it was quite clear in person. DS LOVED seeing it. For some reason he called the CR "Disney World" the entire time of our stay.

Old 09-30-2009, 12:52 AM   #3625
mouskagirlie
Full-time Disney Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrncessA View Post
We had a standard view and we had a great view of the fireworks. If we looked down of course we saw the delivery area, but worked out great for us since we were use to noise when we sleep we actually kept the door cracked so we could hear it. If we closed the patio door it was SILENT. We had room 5050. It was a great location to RFC and to get out for the boats.

Here are a few pics of the view during the day and a lame attempt at the fireworks

Looking straight down

Looking right

Looking left

2 Straight ahead. You can't really see the CR in the photos but it was quite clear in person. DS LOVED seeing it. For some reason he called the CR "Disney World" the entire time of our stay.

For our stay last year our room was just a few doors down from yours - the view was fantastic! If you booked standard I think you may have been upgraded - we were told this is a 'Woods View' room - well North Wing Woods View to be specific... We love that room location

12/09: YC CL/WL CL (split stay) - celebration trip!
12/08 and 12/07: WL
12/00 and 12/98: CBR

Old 09-30-2009, 11:44 AM   #3626
jockey
Repeat after me....I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's!!!!!!

With the 4/3 deal do the park tickets expire, we have Ap's so can we keep the hoppers and upgrade them to Ap's later in the year when our's expire if that makes sense?
Old 09-30-2009, 02:18 PM   #3627
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol17 View Post

You were told that the WL was not participating at all in the deal? Because the poster below (and other posters) are reporting that they did book it. I'm just curious because I am hoping to book WL with a deal (IF they extend it that is!)

Quote:

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 10-01-2009, 04:48 PM   #3628
Microcell
No, no,no, those red signs with the word STOP on them are optional if they have a white border.
I hope you like Debbie Gibson? I did not and got busted at a DECA National Convention for skipping her concert!

Yep, we got the 4/3 deal at WL.. three hours after Mousesavers leaked the deal was available I called and they didn't have standard, but I went ahead and paid for Woods View!

I have a question.. I never really request a room, but am a sensitive sleeper and are there woods view rooms that are right above WCC?
Old 10-01-2009, 11:26 PM   #3629
mouskagirlie
Full-time Disney Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microcell View Post
Yep, we got the 4/3 deal at WL.. three hours after Mousesavers leaked the deal was available I called and they didn't have standard, but I went ahead and paid for Woods View!

I have a question.. I never really request a room, but am a sensitive sleeper and are there woods view rooms that are right above WCC?

DS and I are two of the lightest sleepers ever and neither of us have had any problems sleeping. However, we have only stayed on 5th and 6th floors (north wing woods view) so I would maybe request an upper floor. We could hear the fireworks at night, but we were also watching them so it was not a big deal. We could hear the boat horns kind of early in the morning, again no big deal though. All that being said, I do not think any noise we could hear was unreasonable. Maybe around typical dinner hour I could hear applause from WCC but it was pretty faint.

We sometimes use a white noise machine to help drown out some of the typical sounds when we travel.

Enjoy your trip - I think you will just love it

Old 10-01-2009, 11:35 PM   #3630
mouskagirlie
Full-time Disney Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPN4265 View Post
Reservations for the WL made,all of the ADR's made. Now we just have to wait.

UGH, waiting - that is the worst part

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: