Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 07:16 PM   #3601
Gooofy-Blade
Kentucky's Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess April View Post
Will do! From what I understand Ranger Stan is VERY close to retirement, like days away and we have been signed up to be the flag family!!!
Yep, Stan is leaving us October 31. He deserves another good retirement but will be missed!!!!!
Old 09-26-2009, 12:38 AM   #3602
mouskagirlie
Full-time Disney Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooofy-Blade View Post
Yep, Stan is leaving us October 31. He deserves another good retirement but will be missed!!!!!

Good for Stan He will definitely be missed though. Although he wasn't our Ranger when we were Flag Family we have had the pleasure of meeting him, he is a true gem. I wish him nothing but the very best and hope he enjoys another great retirement!

12/09: YC CL/WL CL (split stay) - celebration trip!
12/08 and 12/07: WL
12/00 and 12/98: CBR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2009, 08:49 AM   #3603
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
Would you share some of the highs and lows with us?
HIGHS
Beautiful!!!
Nice simple pool area! If the kids had an area like the CR the wouldn't know where to go and we would be chasing them. The loved it!!!!!
Great Valets/ Bag Handlers (Best CM of entire trip!!)
Mostly helpful friendly people.
Comfortable room size.
Great transportation! We never waited more than a few minutes to/from a park for bus or boat. We did however wait on purpose two times for he next bus/boat so we wouldn't be rushed and crowded. Well worth it to us!
Never felt crowded and was very relaxing!
RFC! We loved this place. Selection could be bigger and it could be a little better organized but great food! And helpful CM's!

LOWS
Mousekeeping was terrible for the majority of our stay (and I tipped). One day we didn't get it at all, one day it was after 3pm, and one day they came but it was still "off" the beds were mussed and I think one of the trash cans was still full. Not enough to ruin our day (minus the one day we didn't get it our first day when we tried going to the pool to "wait" for them and we all got grumpy)
VERY rude waitress at WCC. She was beyond rude! I will write about it in my TR. DH complained but they said the managers were in a meeting. It was a HORRIBLE breakfast and I ended up canceling our ADR's for the other meals we planned there.
Bell Service- I called down the night before we left and ask when they closed. They said they didn't... I ask if they had a scale to weigh bags, they said yes. DH went down with our nearly 50lb bag, and they had no scale. That didn't open until 5am. Not enough again to get angry at, but annoying on our last busy night there.
Our phone didn't work right the entire trip, just annoying when we needed it... lol.
No one at the front desk ever seemed to know when the buses and boats ran. Not only did we have this problem but we heard many people talking about this.

All in all, it was a tad bit dissapointing, but I think the good for sure outweighs the bad. We visted all of the MK resorts and the atmosphere at WL was a favorite, quite and adult but kid friendly and comfortable. Boat acess to MK is our FAVORITE!!! We know it was a tad bit longer trip, but worth it for the relaxing boat ride.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:52 PM   #3604
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

This will be our 6th visit to WL..1st time for the Christmas season...

..I've heard about the sleigh rides but didn't find any info on them..has anyone ever done the sleigh ride???? I wanted to plan something special whether it was a holiday themed cake or maybe a sleigh ride?? sell me on one of the two!!

Also, we're booked for Courtyard View with Bunk Beds and do not want to be on the first or second floors...when should we request to not be on those floors? When we check in, 5 days prior, or now (Dec 10-15 is the trip).

Thanks!! We've learned some tricks of the trade from staying there in the past but those are the 2 things we have not mastered yet!!

Thanks!!!!
Old 09-28-2009, 09:09 PM   #3605
tgropp
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
This will be our 6th visit to WL..1st time for the Christmas season...

..I've heard about the sleigh rides but didn't find any info on them..has anyone ever done the sleigh ride???? I wanted to plan something special whether it was a holiday themed cake or maybe a sleigh ride?? sell me on one of the two!!

Also, we're booked for Courtyard View with Bunk Beds and do not want to be on the first or second floors...when should we request to not be on those floors? When we check in, 5 days prior, or now (Dec 10-15 is the trip).

Thanks!! We've learned some tricks of the trade from staying there in the past but those are the 2 things we have not mastered yet!!

Thanks!!!!
We went on the sleigh ride during our Dec 2007 visit and although we only paid $35.00 plus tip, I did not think it was worth it for a 22 minute ride. JMHO. This year for that something special while at the Lodge we are going to California Grill for dinner at 6:30, dine, visit monorail resorts for Christmas decorations and then back to the viewing area at the Grill to watch the fireworks for MVMCP. I was glad that I did the sleigh ride but I can't see it happening again
Feb 2012: DCL Mexican Riviera Cruise Dec 2011: VWL/BCV
Christmas 2010: VWL
Nov 2009: BC Villas Dec 2008: VWL/AKV/ Dolphin
Dec 2007: BWV/VWL Feb 2007: Dolphin/DCL Eastern cruise/OKW/VWL
Christmas/New Years 2005: WL/Dolphin
Dec 2002: AKL/WL
Christmas/New years 2000: BC/WL Christmas/New Years 1998: WL/BC
Christmas 1996:WL Junior Suite Christmas 1994: WL
Dec 1992:CBR Dec1989, April 1983, Jan 1980: OffSite
Old 09-28-2009, 09:23 PM   #3606
hockeybabe
DIS Veteran

I can't believe it!! In only 4 months and 3 days, we will hear someone say "Welcome Home!" As of today, we are booked! Feb 2 - 7 with the 4/3 deal (well for us, 4/1) in a standard view. Thinking of calling and adding my North wing,6th floor request to get the fireworks view, or do I let the dice roll and hope for an upgrade? I guess I've got some time to decide! Already had the flights booked, now just waiting for my ADR window to open up and the park hours to be posted so I can get down to more planning

WL Feb 2010
California trip including 2 days at DL/DCA June 2012
WL - Dec 2012
DL/DCA Nov 2014
Old 09-29-2009, 12:34 AM   #3607
mouskagirlie
Full-time Disney Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgropp View Post
We went on the sleigh ride during our Dec 2007 visit and although we only paid $35.00 plus tip, I did not think it was worth it for a 22 minute ride. JMHO. This year for that something special while at the Lodge we are going to California Grill for dinner at 6:30, dine, visit monorail resorts for Christmas decorations and then back to the viewing area at the Grill to watch the fireworks for MVMCP. I was glad that I did the sleigh ride but I can't see it happening again

Thank you for posting that about the sleigh ride! I had been wondering that as well. Sounds like you have a good plan for your this year's trip!

12/09: YC CL/WL CL (split stay) - celebration trip!
12/08 and 12/07: WL
12/00 and 12/98: CBR

Old 09-29-2009, 06:37 AM   #3608
tardin1964
I need it.....
I want it.....
Please........

Quote:
Thanks!!!!
I would request inner (assuming you want a view of the main pool) courtyard view upper floors. I would make the request now. When you check in ask if they were able to meet your request.

Poly 8/79, 8/81, 8/83
GF 8/92
WL 11/03, 11/05, 8/08
DCL 11/10
POFQ 6/11
Old 09-29-2009, 08:28 AM   #3609
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tardin1964 View Post
I would request inner (assuming you want a view of the main pool) courtyard view upper floors. I would make the request now. When you check in ask if they were able to meet your request.
Thanks! Do I call the resort directly or reservation line and they add it to the reservation??
Old 09-29-2009, 08:52 AM   #3610
tardin1964
I need it.....
I want it.....
Please........

Quote:
Thanks! Do I call the resort directly or reservation line and they add it to the reservation??
Just call the main reservation line and they will add it to your reservation.

Poly 8/79, 8/81, 8/83
GF 8/92
WL 11/03, 11/05, 8/08
DCL 11/10
POFQ 6/11
Old 09-29-2009, 10:29 AM   #3611
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrncessA View Post
HIGHS
Beautiful!!!
Nice simple pool area! If the kids had an area like the CR the wouldn't know where to go and we would be chasing them. The loved it!!!!!
Great Valets/ Bag Handlers (Best CM of entire trip!!)
Mostly helpful friendly people.
Comfortable room size.
Great transportation! We never waited more than a few minutes to/from a park for bus or boat. We did however wait on purpose two times for he next bus/boat so we wouldn't be rushed and crowded. Well worth it to us!
Never felt crowded and was very relaxing!
RFC! We loved this place. Selection could be bigger and it could be a little better organized but great food! And helpful CM's!

LOWS
Mousekeeping was terrible for the majority of our stay (and I tipped). One day we didn't get it at all, one day it was after 3pm, and one day they came but it was still "off" the beds were mussed and I think one of the trash cans was still full. Not enough to ruin our day (minus the one day we didn't get it our first day when we tried going to the pool to "wait" for them and we all got grumpy)
VERY rude waitress at WCC. She was beyond rude! I will write about it in my TR. DH complained but they said the managers were in a meeting. It was a HORRIBLE breakfast and I ended up canceling our ADR's for the other meals we planned there.
Bell Service- I called down the night before we left and ask when they closed. They said they didn't... I ask if they had a scale to weigh bags, they said yes. DH went down with our nearly 50lb bag, and they had no scale. That didn't open until 5am. Not enough again to get angry at, but annoying on our last busy night there.
Our phone didn't work right the entire trip, just annoying when we needed it... lol.
No one at the front desk ever seemed to know when the buses and boats ran. Not only did we have this problem but we heard many people talking about this.

All in all, it was a tad bit dissapointing, but I think the good for sure outweighs the bad. We visted all of the MK resorts and the atmosphere at WL was a favorite, quite and adult but kid friendly and comfortable. Boat acess to MK is our FAVORITE!!! We know it was a tad bit longer trip, but worth it for the relaxing boat ride.
Thank you so much for posting this! It actually puts my mind at ease. I want to stay at WL but I'm always second guessing my choice when I stay at a new resort!

I have to say that I actually have never been impressed with mousekeeping at any of the resorts and at BC it was downright disgusting so I don't let that worry me. I now call when I need things cleaned up!

And as for transportation, no one at any of the hotels ever knows about the buses and it seems so random that one day you pop right on a bus and another you wait for 30 minutes (except for Downtown Disney - that is the worst bus trip and from now on, I'll get a cab).

As for the bell service, that is just odd, how do they not know when they are open? Or was someone just answering questions that they knew nothing about? That is not good service. But considering I've had issues like this at all the resorts, that is not too bad. I'll have to read your TR about the WCC waitress. uh-oh...

I love Disney and I love their resorts but they aren't perfect and as long as I go with that attitude, it works out ok and it seems that's what you experienced too. Thanks again!

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 09-29-2009, 10:47 AM   #3612
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Thank you! I'll call now!!
Old 09-29-2009, 01:20 PM   #3613
Carol17
Mouseketeer

disapointed-can't get 4/3 deal added on

We are booked January 3-9 at WL Club Level. I just called today to add a couple days on to our reservation due to the buy 4 days get 3 free deal. Well, no deal. They are fully booked. The CM said the only resort that is available now is Boardwalk CL during that week(another 1000 dollars more than WL). So disapointed. Now what? It used to be a relatively quiet week, and everywhere is fully booked? Wow.
Yacht Club Trip Report 2009
January 2010-Birthday Trip-The Boardwalk Inn
Boardwalk Inn January 2010 Trip Report:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2512974
Old 09-29-2009, 02:42 PM   #3614
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Thank you again, I called the ressie line and they looked up my ressie number and the girl put in the notes: Inner courtyard upper floors and then asked if that was all..well I'm assuming that was all, I'm not sure what else I would have wanted to add?! lol
Thanks!!!!
Old 09-29-2009, 05:49 PM   #3615
tardin1964
I need it.....
I want it.....
Please........

Quote:
Thank you again, I called the ressie line and they looked up my ressie number and the girl put in the notes: Inner courtyard upper floors and then asked if that was all..well I'm assuming that was all, I'm not sure what else I would have wanted to add?! lol
Thanks!!!!
cool...glad it worked out for you.

Poly 8/79, 8/81, 8/83
GF 8/92
WL 11/03, 11/05, 8/08
DCL 11/10
POFQ 6/11
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: