Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 11:28 AM   #3586
disneymami
por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveminniemouse View Post
I apologize in advance if this has been asked and answered before but with over 200 pages in the thread, I didn't read all of it.

DH and I are considering WL for 2010. We have never stayed anywhere other than Pop and CSR. Would WL still be worth it if we only went with a standard room?
I would think so only if you can score a room on the 6th floor in the north wing. By day your view will be of the garbage and various service trucks. Not lovely. But, by night, you will get your own view of the fireworks from MK.
I was able to see this view from the 6th floor hallway windows. My room was courtview which was lovely because of the silver creek falls and the pool. But if I were on the other side of the hallway I would have had the fireworks from my own balcony.

1977 - first trip to the world with my parents and brother - MK - (the seed is planted)
1985 - college spring break with friends - MK (the seed starts to take root)
1992 - drove from NY with boyfriend now DH - MK & EPCOT (the obsession is growing)
2009 - first trip with my twin girls - WL resort; MK & EPCOT (completely incurable disney fanatic)
Old 09-18-2009, 11:43 PM   #3587
mouskagirlie
Full-time Disney Dreamer

Quote:
I apologize in advance if this has been asked and answered before but with over 200 pages in the thread, I didn't read all of it.

DH and I are considering WL for 2010. We have never stayed anywhere other than Pop and CSR. Would WL still be worth it if we only went with a standard room?
I totally think it would be worth it! The atmosphere is just wonderful - if you can't tell we absolutely love it It is one of the less expensive of the deluxe resorts and along with location has so much to offer. We also enjoy relaxing on the white sand beach and watching all the boats on the lake. I don't really know much about standard view rooms, my only experience is woods view. I request 'North wing, upper floor' for a MK fireworks view! I just think the woods view is so calming, kind of a retreat after a busy day in the parks.

Not sure how much you have read but upon check in you can request to be Flag Family. Very cool experience, you go on top of the building and help raise the flags for the day. The view up there is amazing. I was shocked to see how close everything seemed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymami View Post
I would think so only if you can score a room on the 6th floor in the north wing. By day your view will be of the garbage and various service trucks. Not lovely. But, by night, you will get your own view of the fireworks from MK.
I was able to see this view from the 6th floor hallway windows. My room was courtview which was lovely because of the silver creek falls and the pool. But if I were on the other side of the hallway I would have had the fireworks from my own balcony.

You are right disneymami about that view - that MK view is our favorite! We didn't even find the service trucks/etc to be bothersome. We could watch the monorail and even see the Polynesian from our balcony too, not to mention the seemingly private viewing of 'Wishes' from our room each night. My request is usually in the Woods View category 'North Wing, Upper Floor'.

12/09: YC CL/WL CL (split stay) - celebration trip!
12/08 and 12/07: WL
12/00 and 12/98: CBR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2009, 06:12 AM   #3588
weschmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouskagirlie View Post
I totally think it would be worth it! The atmosphere is just wonderful - if you can't tell we absolutely love it It is one of the less expensive of the deluxe resorts and along with location has so much to offer. We also enjoy relaxing on the white sand beach and watching all the boats on the lake. I don't really know much about standard view rooms, my only experience is woods view. I request 'North wing, upper floor' for a MK fireworks view! I just think the woods view is so calming, kind of a retreat after a busy day in the parks.

Not sure how much you have read but upon check in you can request to be Flag Family. Very cool experience, you go on top of the building and help raise the flags for the day. The view up there is amazing. I was shocked to see how close everything seemed!

You are right disneymami about that view - that MK view is our favorite! We didn't even find the service trucks/etc to be bothersome. We could watch the monorail and even see the Polynesian from our balcony too, not to mention the seemingly private viewing of 'Wishes' from our room each night. My request is usually in the Woods View category 'North Wing, Upper Floor'.
Does "north wing, upper floor" consist of any bunk bed rooms? We are slated to have a bunk bed room (my kids' request) -- would be wonderful if we could see the fireworks from our room too!
Old 09-19-2009, 07:14 AM   #3589
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

We are back from our 6 nights at WL. It was a tale of ups and downs. We were a little disapointed in a few things but overall it was a wonderful and beautiful place. Out of EVERYONE at the resort Bell Services or at least the bag valets were the absolute best! They were very helpful with everything we needed. We were horrified with the WCC, long story I will add in my TR. But loved the RFC.

Quote:

We booked a standard room and ended up with a pretty good deal. We did face the delivery area if we looked down but that turned out perfect for us. But we also faced the CR and MK and had a perfect view of Wishes!

As for the noise outside we didn't hear it if the patio door was closed. We however ended up leaving the door cracked everynight after the first since we are so use to the noise where we live it was just to quiet for us. The noise outside reminded us of home. It helped us sleep.
Old 09-19-2009, 11:16 AM   #3590
disneymami
por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by weschmom View Post
Does "north wing, upper floor" consist of any bunk bed rooms? We are slated to have a bunk bed room (my kids' request) -- would be wonderful if we could see the fireworks from our room too!

yes, we had bunk beds in our north wing, 6th floor room. Room 6049. I'll never forget it. But ours was courtview, quite lovely with a view of the falls and the pool and the lake.

1977 - first trip to the world with my parents and brother - MK - (the seed is planted)
1985 - college spring break with friends - MK (the seed starts to take root)
1992 - drove from NY with boyfriend now DH - MK & EPCOT (the obsession is growing)
2009 - first trip with my twin girls - WL resort; MK & EPCOT (completely incurable disney fanatic)
Old 09-21-2009, 11:06 PM   #3591
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrncessA View Post
We are back from our 6 nights at WL. It was a tale of ups and downs. We were a little disapointed in a few things but overall it was a wonderful and beautiful place. Out of EVERYONE at the resort Bell Services or at least the bag valets were the absolute best! They were very helpful with everything we needed. We were horrified with the WCC, long story I will add in my TR. But loved the RFC.

We booked a standard room and ended up with a pretty good deal. We did face the delivery area if we looked down but that turned out perfect for us. But we also faced the CR and MK and had a perfect view of Wishes!

As for the noise outside we didn't hear it if the patio door was closed. We however ended up leaving the door cracked everynight after the first since we are so use to the noise where we live it was just to quiet for us. The noise outside reminded us of home. It helped us sleep.
Would you share some of the highs and lows with us?

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 09-22-2009, 07:51 PM   #3592
Gooofy-Blade
Kentucky's Goofy

bump
Old 09-24-2009, 09:42 AM   #3593
JPN4265
Don't ask the question, you may not like the answer.

Reservations for the WL made,all of the ADR's made. Now we just have to wait.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:42 PM   #3594
rcraw45425
I'm a 43 year old mom with a scar on my navel!

subbing since we just switched BC CL for WL CL. DH says that BC is boring, wants WL again! Nov. 21-25, looking forward to the Christmas decorations!
offsite '71,'86,'95,'04,Swan'98,CR'98,GF'99,CR'01,CR'03,WL '04,Polynesian'04,YC'05,GF'05,POFQ'05,CR'05,YC'06, PBH'06,CR'07,AS Sports,YC CL1/08,GF11/08, HRH 07/09, WL CL 11/09, PBH 1/10, CR Tower Club 1 bedroom suite 5/10,Royal Pacific Resort Club 12/10, BWI,Disney Dream 4/11,CSR/Grand Floridian 12/11,CR tower 10/12, AKL 1/13, Polynesian 6/13,Polynesian 10/13, PBH CL 11/13, BC 3/14 (2 BR suite), Hard Rock Hotel for Diagon Alley Opening Day (7/14)
Old 09-24-2009, 06:33 PM   #3595
Princess April
DIS Veteran

Just a few more days and I'll be there!!! WL, club level!!! woo hoo!!!!
If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:16 AM   #3596
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess April View Post
Just a few more days and I'll be there!!! WL, club level!!! woo hoo!!!!
Have fun!!!! And please let us know how things went when you return. I have never stayed at WL but am hoping to make it our next vacation and am thinking about club level so I'd love to hear all about your trip!

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 09-25-2009, 10:04 AM   #3597
~*~Michelle~*~
DIS Veteran

do the "bear face" rooms have different types of rooms...some king, some queen some bunk or are they pretty much all the same?
Old 09-25-2009, 10:38 AM   #3598
Carol17
Mouseketeer

Hello all! We are staying at the great WL the first week of January 2010. We stayed there back in 2007, so we thought we would return again, but this time, staying club level for our first time. I was wondering if anyone knows if you can get wireless internet access at club level. I have read here that you can get it down in the lobby, but we were hoping perhaps there was a "hotspot" up at club level perhaps near the lounge. We stayed at Yacht Club last year and were lucky enough to have a room right above the lobby so we were able to get the wireless connection(for free!)
Yacht Club Trip Report 2009
January 2010-Birthday Trip-The Boardwalk Inn
Boardwalk Inn January 2010 Trip Report:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2512974
Old 09-25-2009, 05:10 PM   #3599
Princess April
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
Have fun!!!! And please let us know how things went when you return. I have never stayed at WL but am hoping to make it our next vacation and am thinking about club level so I'd love to hear all about your trip!
Will do! From what I understand Ranger Stan is VERY close to retirement, like days away and we have been signed up to be the flag family!!!
If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:13 PM   #3600
Microcell
No, no,no, those red signs with the word STOP on them are optional if they have a white border.
I hope you like Debbie Gibson? I did not and got busted at a DECA National Convention for skipping her concert!

I am so excited!!! We just booked WL today!!! Going to be there 1/31 to 2/7!!! DH said even if a rate didnt come out maybe we could still splurge!

Must get to reading all 200 pages!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: