Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 11:53 AM   #301
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
Florida people eat Gators....THE CIRCLE OF LIFE.
I love to laugh!

Michelle

Guest check-in and out every day, Saturday is a busy day for both. Just make sure your request are on your reservations and "Rub Humphrey Bearís nose so the magic can begin.
Good Luck
Beckie
Old 03-05-2008, 12:00 PM   #302
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
Florida people eat Gators....THE CIRCLE OF LIFE.
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julieh22 View Post
Curious if they would have the fire places lit in the lobby then?
Julieh
The only fireplace I have ever seen without a fire is the fireplace located @ WCC, this was during the hours the restaurant was closed.

All the other fireplaces at the Lodge and the Villas have always had fires during my stays. Even during summer months.

Beckie
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2008, 12:38 PM   #303
First timer
Mouseketeer

Subscribing
Old 03-05-2008, 01:09 PM   #304
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

I was homesick for the lodge so I had to stop by here. Of course, all it did was make me evem MORE homesick for WDW and the Lodge, but hey, what can you do???

To everyone going soon...have a GREAT time!!!!
Old 03-05-2008, 01:21 PM   #305
eeyore#1fan
Earning My Ears

Hello everyone. We will be visiting WL in July for the first time. I was wondering if it's possible to get a microwave in your room to heat bottles? Thanks for the help.
Old 03-05-2008, 02:35 PM   #306
burberryplaid
Addicted to SOARIN's Orange Scent
Has an affinity for cupcakes
There's nothing like leaving all your cares behind you and getting to be 6 years old all over again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore#1fan View Post
Hello everyone. We will be visiting WL in July for the first time. I was wondering if it's possible to get a microwave in your room to heat bottles? Thanks for the help.
I'm not sure if you can get one..I would think not unless you're staying at the villas. I believe there is a microwave at Roaring Forks you can use though.
Old 03-05-2008, 02:37 PM   #307
Julieh22
DIS Veteran

Which is the fastest way to get to MK? By boat or bus?

Also, does anyone know if the boats will be running on the nights that MNSSHP? Part of the reason I want to stay at a MK resort to get away from standing in those horrible lines to ride standing up on a bus with my mother and a 4 year old . Can't really afford the poly so was hoping that the WL would be a good compromise!
Disney Wedding at the YC and Honeymoon at CBR - March 2002, AllStar Music - Oct. 2002, AllStar Sports - Oct. 2003, CSR - Oct. 2004, AKL - Dec. 2004, POP - Oct. 2005, Beach Club - Sept. 2006, CSR/WL - Dec. 2006, CBR - May 2007, Beach Club - Sept. 2007, Beach Club - Sept. 2008, Beach Club - June 2009, Polynesian - Sept. 2009, AllStar Movie - May 2010, CSR - Dec 2010, BC/CBR - Oct 2011
Old 03-05-2008, 02:37 PM   #308
dizneykid
The Tag Fairy offers you pixie dust every day!!
Has a love bug named Dixie!
WL VET

Quote:
Not sure if they do this, but when you get to your room, just dial housekeeping and ask. If they have one, it will be delivered to you.

Remember, Roaring Forks has one you can use.

So this is love!
Jeanne Marcel Dixie Remy Jack
Old 03-05-2008, 02:44 PM   #309
dizneykid
The Tag Fairy offers you pixie dust every day!!
Has a love bug named Dixie!
WL VET

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICinMYHEART View Post
Michelle

Guest check-in and out every day, Saturday is a busy day for both. Just make sure your request are on your reservations and "Rub Humphrey Bearís nose so the magic can begin.
Good Luck
Beckie

Michelle,

Just want to expand on Beckie's post. I have been to the Lodge frequently lately and I have noticed an increased number of check in's. The Lodge is very popular anymore. The past couple of times, I have noted that at any given time (no particular time of day or week) there can be as much a 30 guests waiting to check in. And this is not just on holiday or weekends. The Lodge is very efficient though and it usually goes quickly. I have noted that they will put more cast members on when it gets crowded.

Remember, The Wilderness Lodge Cast Members are some of the best and will do everything in their power to get you the room or section you would like. Make sure you put your request on your reservation and then at checkin tell the cast member.

Now, also note that Sundays are one of the biggest "check out" days. Some times it is just a sheer mess. When we were checking out the last time on a Sunday, the loading area in front of the Lodge was completely packed. My husband had to park way down the hill and the bellman and I had to walk to him. It can get very hectic.

But that is good news for the guests checking in as rooms are opening up. So, if you don't get what you want when you check in on Saturday, ask if they can move you the next day. It should be no problem.

So this is love!
Jeanne Marcel Dixie Remy Jack
Old 03-05-2008, 03:34 PM   #310
burberryplaid
Addicted to SOARIN's Orange Scent
Has an affinity for cupcakes
There's nothing like leaving all your cares behind you and getting to be 6 years old all over again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julieh22 View Post
Which is the fastest way to get to MK? By boat or bus?

Also, does anyone know if the boats will be running on the nights that MNSSHP? Part of the reason I want to stay at a MK resort to get away from standing in those horrible lines to ride standing up on a bus with my mother and a 4 year old . Can't really afford the poly so was hoping that the WL would be a good compromise!
The bus is probably faster, but I'm not 100% sure since I've never timed it.

They will run boats on MNSSHP nights, EMH, etc. They run until about an hour after closing. I'm not sure that you won't be waiting for the boat though. When we were there in Sept our longest wait was for the boat the night we went to MK for Spectro and Wishes. We left the park about 30 minutes after closing and there was still a line. It wasn't massive or anything and we got a seat, but we had to wait none the less.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:55 PM   #311
mickeyworld
DIS Veteran

I looked at the map and now I want to find the perfect dedicated 2 bedroom villa. Anyone have a room they adore?
Old 03-05-2008, 05:34 PM   #312
Clutterbug
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I've never heard of microwaves in the rooms but there are coffee pots that you could use to warm water to heat bottles.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:08 PM   #313
maidenfairy
If only I wasn't married and he wasn't gay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutterbug View Post
I've never heard of microwaves in the rooms but there are coffee pots that you could use to warm water to heat bottles.
I think I saw you can request a bottle warmer from housekeeping. Does anyone else know?
Old 03-05-2008, 11:29 PM   #314
wilderness gal
An official "Disney" Freak; "does anyone have change for a dollar 292"?

Standard View Rooms

Hi folks

I have a question We weren't able to afford a courtyard room for our upcoming trip in May 11-15, so w/the advice of these GREAT folks here on DIS boards, I decided to "request" a standard view w/the location above check-in Do you think that was a good idea?

We arrive on a Sunday evening, we should get to WL around 5:00pm, an upgrade would be nice (which we've received each time we've been there) just about. Really it doesn't matter as long as we're back home.

It's a late high school graduation gift & "congratulations" DS "you made it through the 1st yr of college" & still have the scholarships trip !!!!! yeah !!!!
"thank the Lord" !!!!!

Any advice would be nice !!!

Have a great evening !!! Just counting our days.........no minutes......

jean

DS is a Proud member of the "Spirit of Northwestern Marching Band"
Northwestern State University, Natchitoches, LA / Trumpet Section Leader

Fork Em' Demons
Old 03-06-2008, 06:48 AM   #315
Michelle_R
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for your replies Beckie and Jeanne. Jeanne, I was thinking the same thing about Sunday. So, if I can't get a room that I would like on Saturday, I may ask to be moved the next day. I'm hoping to get a good one right away though. Thanks again!

Michelle
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: