Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 09:00 AM   #3001
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydprincess View Post
Can someone tell me what page on this thread shows the locations of where the rooms are for each tier (standard, woods view, etc.)- thanks!
There's a link on the first page. Definately read throught the first 3 0r 4 pages, too...there is TONS of great info in there!
Old 04-18-2009, 12:32 AM   #3002
jmichael1
Earning My Ears

4th July at the Lodge

Hi
We're ariving at our favourite WDW resort on 27th June for our third visit.
As our previous trips (from the UK) have been in August and December
respectively we're a bit curious if the lodge does anything specific
to mark Independance Day ???

regards to all

Michael McKnight

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2009, 11:23 AM   #3003
Kellytn
Earning My Ears

We will be staying at WL the end of Sept and requested a woods bunk bed room, as I think my girls will love it. From what I've been reading I would like to reques otter pond view, does anyone know if that is available? Also we are going with some friends and would like to get connecting rooms if possible, anyone know if that is a possibility with a bunk bed room? Or should I just switch our room to a standard dbl?

TIA
Old 04-19-2009, 08:15 PM   #3004
Gooofy-Blade
Kentucky's Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooofy-Blade View Post
Does anyone know when Ranger Stan is officially retiring? I have heard in July and September. We are old friends and I would love to see him again in September during our visit.
Bump............???? anyone know??
Old 04-19-2009, 08:31 PM   #3005
KeepSwimmingDory
DIS Veteran

I talked to him in March and he indicated it wouldn't be summer but it was coming in the fall. He said when his wife has her birthday and can retire that he is too. I don't think he specified a month.

I really enjoyed meeting him because I've heard so many nice things about him on the DIS.

Old 04-20-2009, 12:18 PM   #3006
Lou-Ann
DIS Veteran

Stan is a wonderful man. He will be missed..
Old 04-21-2009, 09:29 AM   #3007
DisneyNewbiie
Mouseketeer

Staying here for my first Trip cant wait hows room service
Old 04-21-2009, 08:18 PM   #3008
WishesQueen
DIS Veteran

I am hoping someone can help me!!!

My mom is going to WL with my brother and his family and will be there for Mother's Day. I was wondering if anyone was aware of anything special I could send to the room. I was hoping for a chocolate slipper or chocolate covered strawberries, something along those lines. Suggestions VERY welcomed!!

Thanks!!
Old 04-22-2009, 05:50 AM   #3009
ROBIN4NY
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishesQueen View Post
I am hoping someone can help me!!!

My mom is going to WL with my brother and his family and will be there for Mother's Day. I was wondering if anyone was aware of anything special I could send to the room. I was hoping for a chocolate slipper or chocolate covered strawberries, something along those lines. Suggestions VERY welcomed!!

Thanks!!
I have 2 for you. I have personally used this one: www.disneyflorist.com I have used the disney florist a couple of times and they have all sorts of gift baskets and such for any occasion. You should check out their website for some ideas. I was very happy with their baskets everytime.

Now the second one is a lot more expensive but also does a lot more and are extremely creative..will do just about anything but again it depends on your budget. This one is called gifts of a lifetime. The website is www.giftsofalifetime.com

I would take a look at both websites to get some ideas. Hope this helps!

Offsite '88
Wilderness Lodge 5/96
Contemporary 5/99
Wilderness Lodge 4/03
Wilderness Lodge 4/05
Disneyland 4/07
Wilderness Lodge Concierge 4/08
Wilderness Lodge 7/09~dd sweet sixteen celebration
Old 04-22-2009, 11:10 AM   #3010
WishesQueen
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much!!!
Old 04-22-2009, 01:29 PM   #3011
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellytn View Post
We will be staying at WL the end of Sept and requested a woods bunk bed room, as I think my girls will love it. From what I've been reading I would like to reques otter pond view, does anyone know if that is available? Also we are going with some friends and would like to get connecting rooms if possible, anyone know if that is a possibility with a bunk bed room? Or should I just switch our room to a standard dbl?

TIA
What type of room did your friends book?
We went in Dec. 2007 and had a bunkbed room connecting to my in-laws 2 queens room. We had courtyard views, but I believe that all rooms in all categories have a few connecting rooms available, but of course there are no gurantees. I'd keep the Bunk Beds...my kids LOVED them. I'd rather have that than connecting if I had to pick...and you could switch to 2 Queens and STILL not get connecting rooms, so I'd book the type of room you want and make requests in the order of preference from there. HAVE FUN!!!
Old 04-22-2009, 02:22 PM   #3012
pianoronni37
Building my Disney vacationer resume :)

This thread is huge!

I may have talked DH into staying Deluxe this year, as it's our last trip for awhile (we are planning a family soon!).

We were going to stay at CSR in September, then we had to cancel - so we rebooked for Pop in January... and now it looks like I'm doing well at my job, so it is a possibility (based on codes and rates) that we are going to upgrade to the Wilderness Lodge!!!

I'm going to be asking lots and lots and lots of questions, I just wanted to get myself into this thread while I'm trying to make my decision - however, if we do decide to splurge, it will be at no place but Wilderness Lodge, it looks GORGEOUS and I cannot wait!!

Now that I have my heart set on this Deluxe idea, I doubt I'm going to stick with the Value - not that there's anything wrong with it (and DH was really looking forward to Pop)... but... DELUXE....

So be prepared for me and my silly questions - I'm trekking through the thread as much as I can and trying to find my answers before I have to ask, but still bear with me!!
2011 02/11-02/16: POR
2012 01/22-01/28: POR
2014 02/22-03/02: POR
2015 04/12-04/15: DISNEYLAND!

Old 04-23-2009, 01:59 PM   #3013
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Hi, all,

I looked through the first few pages of this thread and the room location map, but did not see any indication of where HC rooms are located throughout the resort. Anyone happen to know if there is a map that includes this info? I know the rooms are on all floors, but would help if we could know/see where exactly.

Thanks much!

Old 04-24-2009, 11:14 AM   #3014
Mouse Skywalker
The Force is strong with this Podcast Correspondent

Ranger Stan Blog

Hi Everyone, I wanted to let people here know that I posted a new blog today focused on Ranger Stan. I know he has a lot of fans here, and I wanted to let you all know. Check it out.

http://www.disunplugged.com/

2010 WDW Half Marathon; Mickey's Halloween 5K; Wine&Dine Half Marathon
2009 WDW Half Marathon; Muddy Buddy Orlando 2008 Inaugural Exp Everest Chall
2007 Marine Corps Marathon 4:28:50 PR (Thanks again WISHers!)
2007 WL WDW Marathon 5:05.08 (Thank you WISH Racing Team!)
Old 04-24-2009, 11:20 AM   #3015
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Hi, all,

I looked through the first few pages of this thread and the room location map, but did not see any indication of where HC rooms are located throughout the resort. Anyone happen to know if there is a map that includes this info? I know the rooms are on all floors, but would help if we could know/see where exactly.

Thanks much!
I'm really not sure. Try asking this over in the DISabitities section of the board.I'm sure someone ovet hter would probably be able to help you.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: