Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 07:12 AM   #271
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicnwondrln View Post
This time next Friday I am on my way to WDW and the WL!!
I'm counting down my days excitedly too...but have 48. I forgot if you said whether this is a split stay with part of it at the GF this time?
My sister and I are so looking forward to our visit in April.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:45 AM   #272
dizneykid
The Tag Fairy offers you pixie dust every day!!
Has a love bug named Dixie!
WL VET

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICinMYHEART View Post
Let's see did you book a Woods View or Courtyard View room with Bunk Beds?

The type room you booked would be what the code JE means.

What did you book?

Beckie
New one for me. I think Beckie might be right with it being bunks. If it's not, I will try and find out.

So this is love!
Jeanne Marcel Dixie Remy Jack
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-29-2008, 07:50 AM   #273
dizneykid
WL VET

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorcererDonald16 View Post
I asked a question a while back, but as far as I can tell it hasn't been answered. If it has, I apologize for asking again.

My question is for those of you who have been to WL in the last 6 months or so. What kinds of WL themed merchandise/souvenirs do they have these days?

I didn't buy anything WL-themed except for the mini-character totem pole in 2005 when I stayed there, and this May I am determined to correct that error in judgement! Thanks in advance!
Just got back, and they had everything that Burberryplaid said. The mugs are new, I think they are really nice. The merchantile also had a snow globe witht he lodge in it and it's battery operated and lights up!!

They also had new Swarovski crystal tops for women. They are beautiful, but very pricey.

Of course, they always have the bear figurines, plaques and wine holder. And now have soap slices with crazy names like "moose spit", etc.

Right now the buy $40 get a Walt Disney canvas bag for $10 is in process. The bags are sturdy and nice.

Hope this helps.

So this is love!
Old 02-29-2008, 10:10 AM   #274
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

What did the mugs look like?

Also, do you remember how much the snow globes are? We purchase a snow globe for DD each place we visit.

Thansk!

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:12 AM   #275
dizneykid
WL VET

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
What did the mugs look like?

Also, do you remember how much the snow globes are? We purchase a snow globe for DD each place we visit.

Thansk!
Not sure but I think the snow globes were around $25.

I saw two porcelain mugs. Both had the lodge painted on it. One was more rustic. I actually bought one and have it at my desk.

So this is love!
Old 02-29-2008, 11:23 AM   #276
boardom
Mouseketeer

We decided to flip to a studio in the villas because it was the same price (as the CYBB we had) and it has a microwave and a tad more space. I would REALLY like to have a 1BR but none available at the pin code rate.

Can anyone give me any advice about views to request? Didn't see anything on the first page. Also, are most of the units lockoffs or "singles"? I know DH will not be thrilled with a lockoff but perhaps he will just have to deal.

Last trip - Polynesian 10/08
Old 02-29-2008, 12:01 PM   #277
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
Florida people eat Gators....THE CIRCLE OF LIFE.
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardom View Post
Can anyone give me any advice about views to request? Didn't see anything on the first page. Also, are most of the units lockoffs or "singles"? I know DH will not be thrilled with a lock off but perhaps he will just have to deal.
Boardom

Views are usually not requested when staying over at the Villas as most are views of the woods, you need to request location.

If you click on the link below it will give you the location of each Studio over at the Villas.The Studio's in lavender are the dedicated studios. You could request 1st floor near elevator and pool area, that way you will have a better option of receiving a dedicated studio.

Good Luck
Beckie

Villas @ Wilderness Lodge

Last edited by MAGICinMYHEART; 02-29-2008 at 12:20 PM.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:15 PM   #278
loribell
Proud Redhead
Started watching them play when I was little
Wouldn't the sugars from the ice cream be better used early in the day instead of late in the evening?

Quote:
We decided to flip to a studio in the villas because it was the same price (as the CYBB we had) and it has a microwave and a tad more space. I would REALLY like to have a 1BR but none available at the pin code rate.

Can anyone give me any advice about views to request? Didn't see anything on the first page. Also, are most of the units lockoffs or "singles"? I know DH will not be thrilled with a lockoff but perhaps he will just have to deal.
There are only 20 dedicated studios. With the Villas primarily being a DVC resort I would imagine that DVC member requests are filled first. It may be very hard to get a dedicated one. Good luck!
Old 02-29-2008, 04:07 PM   #279
LionKingRules84
Mouseketeer

I saw someone answered the monorail question thanks I actually forgot I asked that.

I have one other tinsey tiny question for those VETS that stay here often, how are the beds? I'm spoiled when it comes to a comfy bed and the bed at CSR was just very uncomfortable to me. I'm hoping since this is a deluxe resort the beds are alot better. So Vets how are the beds at WL?

CR 1986
CBR October 1991
CBR October 1994
CSR September 2007 13 years is much too long trip report!
DIS Unplugged Exclusive Knights and Lights ABD October 2012
Swan August 2013 & DIS Cruise 1.0 on RCCL Oasis
Old 02-29-2008, 08:22 PM   #280
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:

Reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally? Hmmm.... We don't have the BB, but we do have the CY view. What was your pin code for? Ours is 40% off. Where can we find the prices for the villas. DH would LOOOOOVE a villa, even if it was a studio!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 02-29-2008, 09:04 PM   #281
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Never mind, answered my own question. Disneyworld.com - duh!

Looks like it would be $202 more for us for the week in a Studio versus our CY view.

Now, gotta research the Villas to see if the $202 would be worth it.

Thanks for the hint! I would have never, ever thought they were even similar in price!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 02-29-2008, 09:04 PM   #282
boardom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally? Hmmm.... We don't have the BB, but we do have the CY view. What was your pin code for? Ours is 40% off. Where can we find the prices for the villas. DH would LOOOOOVE a villa, even if it was a studio!

Yup, we had the 40% off pin, and it was within $20 (total, not per night) of the price of the CYBB room we had booked. I was a little torn because I thought the CY would be more "in the middle of things" and the villas would be a further walk...but really, quiet and peaceful is kinda what we're inclined to prefer, and I'm really pleased to get a tad more room. Plus the sofabed gives you somewhere to sit during the day, and I think (?) you get a DVD player too, and definitely a microwave. So hopefully it's a good tradeoff.

Old 02-29-2008, 09:11 PM   #283
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionKingRules84 View Post
I saw someone answered the monorail question thanks I actually forgot I asked that.

I have one other tinsey tiny question for those VETS that stay here often, how are the beds? I'm spoiled when it comes to a comfy bed and the bed at CSR was just very uncomfortable to me. I'm hoping since this is a deluxe resort the beds are alot better. So Vets how are the beds at WL?
I found the beds to be very comfortable. I fell right asleep at night and slept the whole night away.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:54 PM   #284
boardom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICinMYHEART View Post
Boardom

If you click on the link below it will give you the location of each Studio over at the Villas.The Studio's in lavender are the dedicated studios. You could request 1st floor near elevator and pool area, that way you will have a better option of receiving a dedicated studio.

Good Luck
Beckie

Villas @ Wilderness Lodge
Thanks again Beckie, I didn't notice that link on the front page and it's a big help. I'm thinking it's best to just request the side away from the busses and not worry about the lockoff deal.

Old 03-01-2008, 06:13 AM   #285
diberry
DIS Veteran

Hi Beckie! Thanks so much for this fantastic thread. It's less than 6 months now until we cross the pond and I'm getting excited (well, I've been excited for months already!!! ) and the info on here is brilliant!

(FGM from IASW)

WDW - 1996 offsite, 1997 Dixie Landings, 2001 AKL & All Star Sport, 2002 All Star Music & Contemporary, 2003 Caribbean Beach, 2004 Pop Century, 2006 POFQ, 2008 WL, 2009 OKW, 2010 SSR, 2012 SSR, 2013 SSR
DLC - 2005 offsite
DLP - April 2004 Cheyenne, Oct & Dec 2004 Santa Fe, Nov 2005 Sequoia Lodge, June 2006 SL, May 2007 Cheyenne, Jan 2008 Marriott, Dec 2008 Cheyenne, Oct 2009 Cheyenne, Oct 2010 Cheyenne, Feb 2010 Cheyenne, June 2011 Ibis, Oct 2012 Marriott
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: