Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 03:07 PM   #256
boardom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICinMYHEART View Post
Amy

That's why we Loved the Haunted Halloween Wagon Ride, we went all through FT. Wilderness Campground and all the campsites where decorated for Halloween, it was so much fun. Plus we had the story telling from the driver and added surprise guest that showed up during the ride.

Next Christmas trip we will try either the Carriage Ride or Regular Hay Ride over at the Campground.

Beckie
Halloween Wagon Ride, you say??? Do they do this every year? Sounds delightful.

Last trip - Polynesian 10/08
Old 02-28-2008, 03:56 PM   #257
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
Florida people eat Gators....THE CIRCLE OF LIFE.
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardom View Post
Halloween Wagon Ride, you say??? Do they do this every year? Sounds delightful.
Boardom
It's so much fun...this pass year 2007, was the first year you could call and reserve your seat in advance. I'll post the information from last year. The dates do change from year-to-year, but by looking up what night they are on from last year you can get a good idea of when they will be available.

Haunted Halloween Wagon Rides 2007
Roam the woods of Fort Wilderness in your Haunted Wagon with a "Vineland, Mystery, Magic or Myth" theme.
Price:
$15.00 + tax for ages 10 and up
$10.00 + tax for ages 3 - 9:
10/12, 13, 15, 17, 19, 20, 22, 24 - 31, 2007

Tickets will be sold on a first come first come basis at the Ft. Wilderness Kennel from 8:00am to 5:00pm on the date of the Hayride. When the day's allotment is sold out, a sign will be posted in the Parking Lot. If tickets are still available, they can be purchased at Pioneer Hall starting at 6:00pm. Standby will be offered by will not be a guarantee of being able to ride.

NOTE: Advance tickets can be purchased beginning 10/10/07.

From 10/12 thru 10/27 here will be 6 hayrides each evening beginning at 7:30pm. From 10/28 - 10/31, there will be 9 hayrides each evening beginning at 6:00pm.

Groups can reserve an entire wagon in advance beginning on 10/1/07 by calling 407-824-2734. The price is $350. The maximum number of guests is 30. (The price remains the same no matter the size of your group.) The group tickets must be picked up and paid for by 12:00pm the day of the hayride or they will be resold.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2008, 04:35 PM   #258
NanaV
Mouseketeer

Wow! Those are great pictures! I never would have thought to take them.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:48 PM   #259
LionKingRules84
Mouseketeer

I've never stayed at a Disney deluxe resort and I'm doing research for my next visit to Disney and since GF seems to be way out of my price range I wanted to ask a few questions concerning this hotel that I didn't see in the FAQs(well some are similiar but I'm looking for specific answers):

How are the buses and is there anyway to easily get to the monorail?For the VETS here how fast are they and how crowded do they get both to and from the parks?

Can you easily call a taxi here? I remeber at CSR they had taxis at the ready outside in the morning does WL do this too?

Also is this an ideal resort for just 2 people or is this more of a 'family' resort?

Is there any 'quick' places to get something to eat or is it all sit down restaurants?

Are there quiet pools or just the one big main pool with the geyser?

Sorry if these questions seem stupid but I've never stayed at a deluxe resort before I actually wanted to stay at WL for my last trip but it was much to expensive for me then, since my next trip will be shorter I think I would be able to stay at a nicer resort. Thanks in advance for whoever is kind enough to answer my questions.

CR 1986
CBR October 1991
CBR October 1994
CSR September 2007 13 years is much too long trip report!
DIS Unplugged Exclusive Knights and Lights ABD October 2012
Swan August 2013 & DIS Cruise 1.0 on RCCL Oasis
Old 02-28-2008, 05:06 PM   #260
burberryplaid
Addicted to SOARIN's Orange Scent
Has an affinity for cupcakes
There's nothing like leaving all your cares behind you and getting to be 6 years old all over again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionKingRules84 View Post
I've never stayed at a Disney deluxe resort and I'm doing research for my next visit to Disney and since GF seems to be way out of my price range I wanted to ask a few questions concerning this hotel that I didn't see in the FAQs(well some are similiar but I'm looking for specific answers):
Hi and welcome..I'm going to give it a shot, and try and answer your questions. If I make a mistake, I'm sure someone will correct me!

Quote:
How are the buses and is there anyway to easily get to the monorail?For the VETS here how fast are they and how crowded do they get both to and from the parks?
The buses are great. They do share with Ft Wilderness and sometimes the GF. I believe this varies by need. When we were there in September, it didn't take us more than maybe 20-25 minutes to get to where we were going..sometimes less!

Quote:
Can you easily call a taxi here? I remeber at CSR they had taxis at the ready outside in the morning does WL do this too?
We didn't take a taxi from here, but if I recall correctly there are taxis waiting out in the parking lot. You shouldn't have a problem.

Quote:
Also is this an ideal resort for just 2 people or is this more of a 'family' resort?
I think it is an ideal resort for 2 people. My husband and I don't have kids yet, and we loved staying here. In fact, it will be hard for us to stay anywhere else. I think it's a very romantic resort. It has a very cozy feel to it.

Quote:
Is there any 'quick' places to get something to eat or is it all sit down restaurants?
There is a quick place to eat called Roaring Forks. I guess you could say it's the "food court" or quick service spot at the resort. We ate lunch here twice and we loved it. They have a grill for burgers and such, pizza, fresh sandwiches, and other things. They also sell snacks and you can get your refillable mug here. In the morning they serve breakfast such as cereal, oatmeal, pastries, and things off the grill such as eggs.

Quote:
Are there quiet pools or just the one big main pool with the geyser?
Yes, there is a quiet pool which is over next to the villas. This is the pool DH and I used almost exclusively because it was never very crowded when we came back for our afternoon breaks

Quote:
Sorry if these questions seem stupid but I've never stayed at a deluxe resort before I actually wanted to stay at WL for my last trip but it was much to expensive for me then, since my next trip will be shorter I think I would be able to stay at a nicer resort. Thanks in advance for whoever is kind enough to answer my questions. :
Your questions are not stupid at all so don't worry. I think you'll fall in love with WL just as everyone in this thread has.

Happy planning!!
Old 02-28-2008, 05:15 PM   #261
LionKingRules84
Mouseketeer

Thanks!

Wow such a quick response! Thanks so much!

CR 1986
CBR October 1991
CBR October 1994
CSR September 2007 13 years is much too long trip report!
DIS Unplugged Exclusive Knights and Lights ABD October 2012
Swan August 2013 & DIS Cruise 1.0 on RCCL Oasis
Old 02-28-2008, 05:47 PM   #262
timandlesley
The tag fairy may not but the Tag Genie does!!!

The one thing I didn't see answered was is there a quick way to the monorail. That is one of the perks in my oppinion of staying at WL vs. AK is the water taxi. We love the boat ride to MK but the added bonus is the boat to the Contemporary Resort, it is a quick ride and gets you right to the monorail which is easy to get to reservations at Chef Mickey's or the other resorts on the monorail.
Have fun at WL!
Lesley

ALL NEW"Keep Moving Forward" TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907120
DISNEY DREAM/AKL CONCIERGE JUNE 2011 TRIP REPORT "TimandLesley's If The Boat's A Rockin' Don't Come A...........TR with TONS of pics and video!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2752980
Nov. 2010 Adults Only TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2601328
"SUM OF OUR THRILLS" June 2010 TR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2497427
ALL GIRLS TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2454788
Tim's Disapalooza guys only TR:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2362085
First Times TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34183633&posted=1#post34183633
18 DAYS IN DISNEY!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2224335
Read my blog: www.livinglifeaslesley.blogspot.com
Old 02-28-2008, 08:05 PM   #263
boardom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICinMYHEART View Post
Boardom
It's so much fun...this pass year 2007, was the first year you could call and reserve your seat in advance. I'll post the information from last year. The dates do change from year-to-year, but by looking up what night they are on from last year you can get a good idea of when they will be available.
NOTE: Advance tickets can be purchased beginning 10/10/07.

From 10/12 thru 10/27 here will be 6 hayrides each evening beginning at 7:30pm. From 10/28 - 10/31, there will be 9 hayrides each evening beginning at 6:00pm.

Groups can reserve an entire wagon in advance beginning on 10/1/07 by calling 407-824-2734. The price is $350. The maximum number of guests is 30. (The price remains the same no matter the size of your group.) The group tickets must be picked up and paid for by 12:00pm the day of the hayride or they will be resold. [/I][/B][/COLOR]
Thanks Beckie that is definitely a must-do! I'm so excited to be going in October.

Last trip - Polynesian 10/08
Old 02-28-2008, 08:43 PM   #264
mikkiwikki
DIS Veteran

codes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneykid
Maybe this will help you understand:
Each hotel has a "resort code". The Wilderness Lodge is "J" (Villas at Wilderness Lodge is "X"). This differentiates the resorts for central reservations when they are booking.

For example at Wilderness Lodge:

JA- Standard view
JB- Woods View
JC- Courtyard View
JD- Concierge
JH- Honeymoon Suite
JP- Presidential Suite
JS- Deluxe room
JV- Vice Presidential

Were as at the Villas it is:
XA-studio
XB-1 bedroom
XC-2 bedroom (dedicated)
XL-2 bedroom (when a studio and 1 bedroom are combined)
My Trippies:
2008 ThanksGiving TR POP-O-LICIOUS / CR Summer 2011 POLYTASTIC EXTRAVAGANZA
2011- Christmas in Orlando WindsorHills XtraVaGanZa
2012 - SUMMER POP & Windsor Hills
Old 02-28-2008, 10:24 PM   #265
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
Florida people eat Gators....THE CIRCLE OF LIFE.
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikkiwikki View Post
What does (JE) MEAN?
My ressie has a JE on page 4 of this thread there was a list of codes but JE wasn't one of them
Let's see did you book a Woods View or Courtyard View room with Bunk Beds?

The type room you booked would be what the code JE means.

What did you book?

Beckie
Old 02-28-2008, 10:28 PM   #266
SorcererDonald16
DIS Veteran

I asked a question a while back, but as far as I can tell it hasn't been answered. If it has, I apologize for asking again.

My question is for those of you who have been to WL in the last 6 months or so. What kinds of WL themed merchandise/souvenirs do they have these days?

I didn't buy anything WL-themed except for the mini-character totem pole in 2005 when I stayed there, and this May I am determined to correct that error in judgement! Thanks in advance!
~2005 Wilderness Lodge~~2006 Caribbean Beach~

~2007 French Quarter & Caribbean Beach~
~2008 Wilderness Lodge~~2009 Wilderness Lodge~~2010 Wilderness Lodge~
~2011 Wilderness Lodge~~2012 Wilderness Lodge~~2013 Wilderness Lodge~
Old 02-28-2008, 10:37 PM   #267
burberryplaid
There's nothing like leaving all your cares behind you and getting to be 6 years old all over again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorcererDonald16 View Post
I asked a question a while back, but as far as I can tell it hasn't been answered. If it has, I apologize for asking again.

My question is for those of you who have been to WL in the last 6 months or so. What kinds of WL themed merchandise/souvenirs do they have these days?

I didn't buy anything WL-themed except for the mini-character totem pole in 2005 when I stayed there, and this May I am determined to correct that error in judgement! Thanks in advance!
When I was there in September they had t-shirts, sweatshirts, picture frames, ornaments, mugs, hats, pins and magnets, from what I can remember. I got a picture frame with the totem pole on it, a magnet, and we got BIL a t-shirt.

Last edited by burberryplaid; 02-29-2008 at 06:02 AM.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:41 PM   #268
SorcererDonald16
DIS Veteran

After reading your post, I'm thinking I'll be leaving a good portion of my wallet behind in the Mercantile. Thanks so much for the info.!
~2005 Wilderness Lodge~~2006 Caribbean Beach~

~2007 French Quarter & Caribbean Beach~
~2008 Wilderness Lodge~~2009 Wilderness Lodge~~2010 Wilderness Lodge~
~2011 Wilderness Lodge~~2012 Wilderness Lodge~~2013 Wilderness Lodge~
Old 02-29-2008, 06:01 AM   #269
burberryplaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorcererDonald16 View Post
After reading your post, I'm thinking I'll be leaving a good portion of my wallet behind in the Mercantile. Thanks so much for the info.!
Yeah, it's really hard not buy out the store. I thought it was one of the better resort shops, along with Animal Kingdom.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:03 AM   #270
Alicnwondrln
DIS Veteran

This time next Friday I am on my way to WDW and the WL!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: