Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 07:49 AM   #241
Clutterbug
Mouseketeer

Grannyminnie - If you are looking to do something sleighrideish, I would have to recommend the carriage ride at Fort Wilderness. Our driver took us all around the campground and we were able to see many of the Christmas light displays. The guests go all out and it was a lot of fun.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:55 AM   #242
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
Florida people eat Gators....THE CIRCLE OF LIFE.
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutterbug View Post
Unfortunately, we probably won't be back to the Lodge until early 2011. Until then, I'll need to hang out here to get my fix.
Amy
After 5 or 6 trips down last year, I am cutting back this year and will only be visiting during October my favorite time of year. (maybe Christmas too) But ya never know maybe you'll be able to visit sooner.

Beckie
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2008, 08:05 AM   #243
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutterbug View Post
Grannyminnie - If you are looking to do something sleighrideish, I would have to recommend the carriage ride at Fort Wilderness. Our driver took us all around the campground and we were able to see many of the Christmas light displays. The guests go all out and it was a lot of fun.
Amy

That's why we Loved the Haunted Halloween Wagon Ride, we went all through FT. Wilderness Campground and all the campsites where decorated for Halloween, it was so much fun. Plus we had the story telling from the driver and added surprise guest that showed up during the ride.

Next Christmas trip we will try either the Carriage Ride or Regular Hay Ride over at the Campground.

Beckie
Old 02-28-2008, 09:51 AM   #244
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Thanks, Amy. That sounds like the better choice. And I saw a special around Christmas with some of those decorations....those folks go all out!!!

Old 02-28-2008, 12:05 PM   #245
burberryplaid
Addicted to SOARIN's Orange Scent
Has an affinity for cupcakes
There's nothing like leaving all your cares behind you and getting to be 6 years old all over again!

Just wanted my 1000th post to go here...only 59 days until I'm back at the lodge and then I probably won't be back for 5 OR 6 years (no Disney trips for a while because we want to have kids and won't take them until they are around 4 or 5)
Old 02-28-2008, 12:26 PM   #246
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

Stephanie
Congratulations on your 1000th Post. Enjoy your trip in April and PIXIE DUST on the soon to be new additions to the family.

I know many people say wait until your children reach a certain age before taking them to WDW but they will love it no matter the age. For my little ones 2 year old was very MAGICAL.

"IT'S THE BUS, THE BIG BIG BUS!" will alway have a special meaning to my family. At 15 years old my nephew still smiles when we see a Disney Bus and we all say IT'S THE BUS, THE BIG BIG BUS.

Beckie
Old 02-28-2008, 12:32 PM   #247
disneywith4boys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICinMYHEART View Post
Stephanie
Congratulations on your 1000th Post. Enjoy your trip in April and PIXIE DUST on the soon to be new additions to the family.

I know many people say wait until your children reach a certain age before taking them to WDW but they will love it no matter the age. For my little ones 2 year old was very MAGICAL.

"IT'S THE BUS, THE BIG BIG BUS!" will alway have a special meaning to my family. At 15 years old my nephew still smiles when we see a Disney Bus and we all say IT'S THE BUS, THE BIG BIG BUS.

Beckie
We went a year and a half ago when my youngest (twins) were 2 1/2 and they still say "Thats MY disney bus" every time we see a bus!
Old 02-28-2008, 12:34 PM   #248
loribell
Proud Redhead
Started watching them play when I was little
Wouldn't the sugars from the ice cream be better used early in the day instead of late in the evening?

Quote:
Stephanie

Beckie
I totally agree!

My two youngest, my granddaughter & my niece all went for the first time when they were about 18 months. Those are the most magical trips ever!
Old 02-28-2008, 12:35 PM   #249
burberryplaid
Addicted to SOARIN's Orange Scent
Has an affinity for cupcakes
There's nothing like leaving all your cares behind you and getting to be 6 years old all over again!

Quote:
Stephanie

Beckie
That's adoreable!!

If it were up to me, we'd get DVC and go every year..maybe I'll eventually talk DH to go back when our kids are around 2 or so.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:49 PM   #250
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Brookelizabeth
They do carry cereal, milk and fruit. How would you like to go shopping right now?

WOW! That is wonderful!!! Thank you!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 02-28-2008, 01:05 PM   #251
DiznEeyore
Donkey-Huggin' DVC Member
Dedicated Disney Scrapbooker
Thanks for un-confusing me

Sorry if this is a repeat question, but I went back several pages and didn't see a recent post about it ...

When we were there in '06 the bus service from the WL to the MK had been suspended due to rehabbing, but it was my understanding it had been reinstated (as it says on page 1 of this FAQ). But now I'm hearing conflicting info. Can anyone confirm if there is still a direct bus to MK?

TIA!!
Old 02-28-2008, 01:15 PM   #252
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiznEeyore View Post
When we were there in '06 the bus service from the WL to the MK had been suspended due to rehabbing, but it was my understanding it had been reinstated (as it says on page 1 of this FAQ). But now I'm hearing conflicting info. Can anyone confirm if there is still a direct bus to MK?
DiznEeyore
The work over at the Magic Kingdom Bus Stops has been completed for some time now, the direct bus is running between the Lodge and Magic Kingdom as per page 1.

Do you mind me asking who or where you are receiving the conflicting reports from?

Beckie
Old 02-28-2008, 01:19 PM   #253
DiznEeyore
Donkey-Huggin' DVC Member
Dedicated Disney Scrapbooker
Thanks for un-confusing me

Quote:
DiznEeyore
The work over at the Magic Kingdom Bus Stops has been completed for some time now, the direct bus is running between the Lodge and Magic Kingdom as per page 1.

Do you mind me asking who or where you are receiving the conflicting reports from?

Beckie
Thanks! A friend's family came back from WDW and said sthey'd wanted to visit the WL but there wasn't a direct bus, only the boat. I knew that didn't sound right, so I wanted to check.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:29 PM   #254
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

OK, yep it's there Bus Stop #1 @ the Lodge and @ The Magic Kingdom.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:21 PM   #255
Kelly5908
Earning My Ears

Fiance and I will be spending a week at the WL in May for our honeymoon!! Cannot wait. Love reading these posts.

5/11-08- DISNEY!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: