Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 01:49 PM   #226
burberryplaid
Addicted to SOARIN's Orange Scent
Has an affinity for cupcakes
There's nothing like leaving all your cares behind you and getting to be 6 years old all over again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICinMYHEART View Post
Ok, the information on Sturdy Branches Fitness Center with rates and treatments are now located on page 1 post # 3.

Thanks once again to Dizneykid for picking up the new prices on her recent trip. She called me Saturday morning and I had her running all over the Lodge "THANK YOU" Jeanne.

Beckie
Thank you both!
Old 02-26-2008, 07:18 PM   #227
pixiesrule
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much for this thread

I was a lurker a year ago while planning a trip for this past July. I got so much useful information from the WL threads. Now planning another trip (but not for 16 months and there is no where else I would want to stay! Thanks for keeping it all up to date
July 2007 WL
July 2009 WL
August 2012 - 50th Birthday at WL!
September 2014 - Cohen & Cooper's first trip - WL

DH Me DS27 DD24 DS24 DDIL DGrandson DGRandson
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2008, 06:33 AM   #228
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

I'm searching for info on the sleigh ride for the first of Dec. I skimmed the facts at the beginning of this thread but missed seeing anything about this. Help please, MAGIC , or anybody who has done the sleigh ride?

Old 02-27-2008, 09:13 AM   #229
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
Florida people eat Gators....THE CIRCLE OF LIFE.
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post
I'm searching for info on the sleigh ride for the first of Dec. I skimmed the facts at the beginning of this thread but missed seeing anything about this. Help please, MAGIC , or anybody who has done the sleigh ride?

Photo by DizneyNutz

Grannyminnie
We did this last December while staying at the Villas, reservations open in late September I booked on the 20th the first day they opened the reservations.

Wildreness Lodge Holiday Sleigh Rides 2007:

Holidays at Walt Disney World

Back for the Christmas Holidays, this horsdrawn "sleigh" ride is a fun way to celebrate the season at Disney's Wilderness Lodge Resort.

Price: $35.00 (including tax) but not including gratuity

Can accommodate 4 adults or 2 adults with 3 children ages 9 and under.

Offered from 12/1 thru 12/30/06. This 25 minute sleigh ride departs every 30 minutes from 5:30 - 9:30pm. (Note that on 12/24, the hours are 4:00 - 8:00pm)

Reservations can be made by calling 407-WDW-PLAY

Anyone visiting during these dates that would enjoy booking this should call and book ASAP. Dates will fill-up quickly.

Good Luck

Last edited by MAGICinMYHEART; 02-27-2008 at 10:24 AM.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:13 PM   #230
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Thanks, MAGIC! I think I've read that it travels to FW and back. Is that correct?

Old 02-27-2008, 05:07 PM   #231
Atchley
"Bedsheets? Who invited that kid?"

Sleigh is gorgeous!!

DD wants me to ask if they have the little lizards around the resort. I told her with the woods close by, I'm sure that they would be near. She still insists that I ask and is standing next to me to make sure that I do. Thanks for your help.

May 30/June 8 2013-AKVJune 6/9 2012-CBRJune 9/16 2012-VWLSept 4/11 2010-BLTSept 3/8 2009-PORJuly 17/25 2009-WLJuly 19/26 2008-WL July 15/22 2006-CBR July 20/26 2003-ASMo
Old 02-27-2008, 06:10 PM   #232
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post
Thanks, MAGIC! I think I've read that it travels to FW and back. Is that correct?
Grannyminnie

The sleigh rides goes down the drive and back toward the bus stop. They actually go down the paved bike trail that runs next to the road going over to Ft. Wilderness but they stop a little more than half way to Settlement Depot and turn around.

It's very dark and very slow, while we enjoyed it...for the price plus the gratuity (we gave the driver $10.00) I think we felt that we could have spent the money a little wiser.

The fact we had just done the Haunted Halloween Wagon Ride about a month and a half before and LOVED IT SO MUCH might have influenced the experience for us.

Beckie
Old 02-27-2008, 06:18 PM   #233
Clutterbug
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atchley View Post
Sleigh is gorgeous!!

DD wants me to ask if they have the little lizards around the resort. I told her with the woods close by, I'm sure that they would be near. She still insists that I ask and is standing next to me to make sure that I do. Thanks for your help.
Yes, they do. My kids had fun looking for them in the brush around the steps up to the pool slide.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:20 PM   #234
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atchley View Post

DD wants me to ask if they have the little lizards around the resort. I told her with the woods close by, I'm sure that they would be near. She still insists that I ask and is standing next to me to make sure that I do.:
Atchley
Sorry I didn't get on line sooner while your daughter was still there, put tell her YES the Lodge has a healthy population of the little lizards. They will be sunning themselves waiting on her arrival here in Florida.

Beckie

Leapin' Lizards!

You have no doubt seen them clinging to the shrubbery, climbing the walls and wolfing down all sorts of bugs and insects around the resort. It's Godzilla! No, it's only a Green Anole (pronounced: uh'no-lee), one of Florida's true native lizards.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:22 PM   #235
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

Clutterbug

Gald to see ya, when is your next trip?

Beckie
Old 02-28-2008, 06:18 AM   #236
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Grannyminnie

The sleigh rides goes down the drive and back toward the bus stop. They actually go down the paved bike trail that runs next to the road going over to Ft. Wilderness but they stop a little more than half way to Settlement Depot and turn around.

It's very dark and very slow, while we enjoyed it...for the price plus the gratuity (we gave the driver $10.00) I think we felt that we could have spent the money a little wiser.

The fact we had just done the Haunted Halloween Wagon Ride about a month and a half before and LOVED IT SO MUCH might have influenced the experience for us.

Beckie
Thanks! I really appreciate your honest opinion.

Old 02-28-2008, 07:04 AM   #237
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I read on the first page that the Merchantile carries a larger selection of groceries than many resorts due to the Villas being right next door. Does anyone know off hand if they carry cereal? Such as Cheerios? Or how about some fruit, like bananas?

We will have our then 14 month old son with us and I was wondering if I would be able to stock some of this in the room, or if we'd have to go Roaring Forks each day. We will not have a car, and there is no grocery stop within walking distance, right? Or, maybe from DTD is there?

I plan to bring some in our luggage, but not risking bananas on the plane, that could be a serious mess!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 02-28-2008, 07:37 AM   #238
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I read on the first page that the Merchantile carries a larger selection of groceries than many resorts due to the Villas being right next door. Does anyone know off hand if they carry cereal? Such as Cheerios? Or how about some fruit, like bananas?
Brookelizabeth
They do carry cereal, milk and fruit. How would you like to go shopping right now?

Old 02-28-2008, 07:43 AM   #239
Clutterbug
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Clutterbug

Gald to see ya, when is your next trip?

Beckie

Hi Beckie!

Unfortunately, we probably won't be back to the Lodge until early 2011. Until then, I'll need to hang out here to get my fix.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:48 AM   #240
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much Magic! I can't believe how much stuff they have in the mercantile. That is at least double of POFQ. Good to know.

I love this thread!

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: