Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 12:17 PM   #2251
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
Florida people eat Gators....THE CIRCLE OF LIFE.
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinbutterfly View Post
I was wondering was the Courtyard view a standard room?

So what are the views from a standard room?

I have and it just confuses me. I wanted to hear from someone that has stayed in a standard room, what room to request.
Robinbutterfly

Let me see if I can help, because you are confused.

First all the rooms (except the Deluxe Rooms or Suites) at Wilderness Lodge are Standard Rooms, which is what you keep asking about...Other then the Deluxe Rooms, Suites and rooms that are Club level (concierge) You book by VIEW and rather you want Bunk Beds.

Standard View
Woods View
Woods View with Bunk Beds
Courtyard View
Courtyard View with Bunk Beds

If you are in fact asking about a room you have booked that has a Standard View the lest expensive room at the Lodge. These rooms only have 2 Queen Beds, and are located on Floors 4, 5 & 6.

On the North (MK) side of the Wilderness Lodge, they face the service area.

There are also 9 Standard View rooms located on the South side of the 4th floor that overlook the lobby and lookout to roof peaks.

So you'll either have a view overlooking roof peaks or the service area.

The information on the first page of this thread is from personal experience and I have stayed in many of the rooms at the Lodge.

If I book a standard view room I request the North Wing on the 5th floor, while there is a view of the service area if you look straight down, you may also have a view of the Magic Kingdom and great views of the fireworks at night.

Beckie
Old 11-07-2008, 12:29 PM   #2252
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
Not sure if this has been addressed in this thread (don't have time to go through 150+ pages)... we're wondering if we can order Chinese take-out to be delivered to the Lodge. Does anyone have any experience with this?
I believe this is a first time question, I have no experience with ordering food from off property. I do know that to deliver to the Lodge they may have to pay an additional fee just to come on property, so this charge would also be included. You can use the Yellow Pages to check out the area restaurants once you arrive.

Good Luck
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2008, 12:35 PM   #2253
disney pro
Mouseketeer

I have ordered pizza from Papa johns, at several resorts and the only thing you have to do is meet them in the lobby of the resort.

2011 ASSP
2010 AKL CL, Poly TPV CL
2009 - ASMU, POLY CL, AKL CL
2008 - WL
2006 - pop
2005 - ASSP
2004 - Pop, POR
2003 - Pop, AKL
2002 - WL
2001 - AKL
94 - 2000 - All Stars
70's - 93 - off site
Old 11-07-2008, 12:42 PM   #2254
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexWyattMommy View Post
Aha! That would totally need first hand experience. You may have better luck if you post a seperate thread with that in the title.
She did post a separate thread. Sorry, Robinbutterfly, my answers there were assuming that you were asking about a standard VIEW. Hope MAGICINMYHEART's wonderful response spells it all out for you.

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
Old 11-07-2008, 12:50 PM   #2255
Grumpy's Gal
Of course, who wants to get gold lame' undies from a stranger? NOT ME!
I bought a bunch of trashy undies and had them mail them from all over the states

don't know if this has been asked -- I am just starting to read thru all of the WL threads.....

Can anyone list the foods/groceries they have at the Mercantile in WL? or is there a link to this information?

thanks.

(wondering if there's enough for us or if we need to get grocery service for the few things we need.)
Old 11-07-2008, 01:25 PM   #2256
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

Because the Villas are right next door to the Mercantile the offerings are good, here are a few photo's of what is available.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:33 PM   #2257
Grumpy's Gal
Of course, who wants to get gold lame' undies from a stranger? NOT ME!
I bought a bunch of trashy undies and had them mail them from all over the states

THANK YOU! I appreciate that so much!!
Old 11-08-2008, 10:37 AM   #2258
northriver
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the photos of the groceries, great selection! Good to know we don't need a Garden Grocer or grocery stop this trip since it looks like the Mercantile has everything we would need for light breakfasts and snacks.
Old 11-08-2008, 01:15 PM   #2259
jenny-d
Mouseketeer

WL wood view bunk room

Can anyone tell me a great location to request for a woods view bunk room? I know it's somewhere in this thread because I've come accross it before but now I can't find the info. I was all ready to request "5th floor, north side overlooking otter pond with MK view"--but we upgraded to bunks with the discount. (I got this info from this thread but I'm not sure if this would be available with the bunks.) Are the bunk rooms all lumped together or are they scattered about in woods view? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Especially from anyone who has stayed in Wood view bunk rooms before. I know my kids (8 and 6) will LOVE the bunks, I just want to get a great room with a great location! Thanks!
Old 11-08-2008, 01:52 PM   #2260
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny-d View Post
Can anyone tell me a great location to request for a woods view bunk room? I know it's somewhere in this thread because I've come accross it before but now I can't find the info. I was all ready to request "5th floor, north side overlooking otter pond with MK view"--but we upgraded to bunks with the discount. (I got this info from this thread but I'm not sure if this would be available with the bunks.) Are the bunk rooms all lumped together or are they scattered about in woods view? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Especially from anyone who has stayed in Wood view bunk rooms before.
Jenny-d

Your original request of "5th floor, north wing, overlooking otter pond with MK view" will still be good. The rooms with Bunk Beds are located throughout the rooms that are Woods View. I have had this same type of room in the same area before.

Beckie
Old 11-08-2008, 02:46 PM   #2261
robinbutterfly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICinMYHEART View Post
Robinbutterfly

Let me see if I can help, because you are confused.

First all the rooms (except the Deluxe Rooms or Suites) at Wilderness Lodge are Standard Rooms, which is what you keep asking about...Other then the Deluxe Rooms, Suites and rooms that are Club level (concierge) You book by VIEW and rather you want Bunk Beds.

Standard View
Woods View
Woods View with Bunk Beds
Courtyard View
Courtyard View with Bunk Beds

If you are in fact asking about a room you have booked that has a Standard View the lest expensive room at the Lodge. These rooms only have 2 Queen Beds, and are located on Floors 4, 5 & 6.

On the North (MK) side of the Wilderness Lodge, they face the service area.

There are also 9 Standard View rooms located on the South side of the 4th floor that overlook the lobby and lookout to roof peaks.

So you'll either have a view overlooking roof peaks or the service area.

The information on the first page of this thread is from personal experience and I have stayed in many of the rooms at the Lodge.

If I book a standard view room I request the North Wing on the 5th floor, while there is a view of the service area if you look straight down, you may also have a view of the Magic Kingdom and great views of the fireworks at night.

Beckie
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!! Sorry I just couldn't "get it", but I do now!!!! :-) Just called and requested North Wing on the 5th floor!

*May 2015-Grand Floridian and Beach Club * November 2013- Dolphin and POFQ *October 2012- WDW Swan * January 2012- WDW Boardwalk Villas and Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas. *January 2010-WDW Bay Lake Tower *January 2009-WDW Wilderness Lodge * June 2003- Disneyland Paris on our Honeymoon. WDW SEVERAL times as a kid. *1979- Disneyland in California
My husband Me My son : My daughter

Last edited by robinbutterfly; 11-08-2008 at 02:55 PM.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:28 PM   #2262
robinbutterfly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Because the Villas are right next door to the Mercantile the offerings are good, here are a few photo's of what is available.

Are the prices outragous?

*May 2015-Grand Floridian and Beach Club * November 2013- Dolphin and POFQ *October 2012- WDW Swan * January 2012- WDW Boardwalk Villas and Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas. *January 2010-WDW Bay Lake Tower *January 2009-WDW Wilderness Lodge * June 2003- Disneyland Paris on our Honeymoon. WDW SEVERAL times as a kid. *1979- Disneyland in California
My husband Me My son : My daughter
Old 11-08-2008, 05:30 PM   #2263
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinbutterfly View Post
Are the prices outragous?
Robinbutterfly

The pricing of the food items compares to that a a convenience store, not so expensive you feel riped-off.
Old 11-08-2008, 08:52 PM   #2264
wdbean
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Robinbutterfly

The pricing of the food items compares to that a a convenience store, not so expensive you feel riped-off.
Do they have gallons of milk too? My little ones love their milk in the morning. We are staying in the villas so the pictures are very helpful!
Old 11-08-2008, 08:57 PM   #2265
Northern Disney Girl
DIS Veteran

Early morning check in at WL

OK Experts! Help me please! Here is my situation.....on the second day of our trip we have to check out of AS Sports, check into WL and then get over to MK for an 8:10 ADR @ CRT! I figure we will take a taxi from AS Sports to WL but my question is this......

How long should I expect check in to take at around 7am and how possible is it that there would actually be a room ready for us at that time? I realize that there is no guarantee and I don't expect there will be one ready, just curious. I know that we can leave our luggage with bell services to be delivered later etc.

Thanks in Advance!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: