Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 09:58 AM   #2236
Pat329
Mouseketeer

Just back from WL!

I just had to report my experiences at WL. This was our first time there and it was absolutely fantastic. It was our 25th wedding anniversary and it couldn't have gone better. It started at checkin when I asked to be close to an elevator. The CM looked at what room we were being assigned and said that I may not want to make any changes. All I booked was a courtyard view. Turns out we had one of the Bear Face Rooms (4075)! It had to be one of the best rooms in the lodge. We could look out over the lobby and watch all the excitement or sit on the balcony and watch over the canyon. And everyday we were treated with 'towel art' in our room. My boss had sent us a gift basket the first day and everyday after that, something apeared in our room. One day was a 3-tiered towel wedding cake, another day was a huge towel allagator but the best was a signed glossy picture from Mickey & Minnie themselves with anniversary wishes. I owe it all to rubbing Humphrey's nose before going to the room. I had just learned about this before we left and had to give it a try. It worked!! This was indeed the most magical trip we've had at WDW.

Old 11-04-2008, 10:38 AM   #2237
lov2b@disney
DIS Veteran

Congrats on 25 years!! Glad to hear you had a wonderful trip!!

We check in to WL in 3 days-----CANT WAIT!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2008, 12:11 PM   #2238
newddmommie
Mouseketeer

My dh and I have decided to take our dd to the world next december for her first trip and as a thank you to our parents for everything they've done for us, we're taking them too. We've decided on staying at WL in two rooms. I've always loved WL and i can't wait to have our whole family there to enjoy the magic.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:07 PM   #2239
robinbutterfly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat329 View Post
I just had to report my experiences at WL. This was our first time there and it was absolutely fantastic. It was our 25th wedding anniversary and it couldn't have gone better. It started at checkin when I asked to be close to an elevator. The CM looked at what room we were being assigned and said that I may not want to make any changes. All I booked was a courtyard view. Turns out we had one of the Bear Face Rooms (4075)! It had to be one of the best rooms in the lodge. We could look out over the lobby and watch all the excitement or sit on the balcony and watch over the canyon. And everyday we were treated with 'towel art' in our room. My boss had sent us a gift basket the first day and everyday after that, something apeared in our room. One day was a 3-tiered towel wedding cake, another day was a huge towel allagator but the best was a signed glossy picture from Mickey & Minnie themselves with anniversary wishes. I owe it all to rubbing Humphrey's nose before going to the room. I had just learned about this before we left and had to give it a try. It worked!! This was indeed the most magical trip we've had at WDW.
Glad you had such a great trip!! I am getting ready to request a room. I was wondering was the Courtyard view a standard room?
Thanks;.

*May 2015-Grand Floridian and Beach Club * November 2013- Dolphin and POFQ *October 2012- WDW Swan * January 2012- WDW Boardwalk Villas and Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas. *January 2010-WDW Bay Lake Tower *January 2009-WDW Wilderness Lodge * June 2003- Disneyland Paris on our Honeymoon. WDW SEVERAL times as a kid. *1979- Disneyland in California
My husband Me My son : My daughter
Old 11-05-2008, 01:52 PM   #2240
disney pro
Mouseketeer

No I don't think that the courtyard views are standard views, because of the price differences, courtyard views are the views everyone is wanting due to the location of the rooms. But check the first few pages of this thread they have great descriptions of the rooms and a link to a map with room numbers.

2011 ASSP
2010 AKL CL, Poly TPV CL
2009 - ASMU, POLY CL, AKL CL
2008 - WL
2006 - pop
2005 - ASSP
2004 - Pop, POR
2003 - Pop, AKL
2002 - WL
2001 - AKL
94 - 2000 - All Stars
70's - 93 - off site
Old 11-06-2008, 12:02 PM   #2241
Pat329
Mouseketeer

I think it was a standard but it did come with a king bed. I didn't ask for anything special and the rate was more just because of the view. But I wouldn't consider it a suite or anything. It was #4075. Check out on the 4th floor over the front of the lobby, there's a quaint little spot with a fireplace to just cozy up to and relax.

Old 11-06-2008, 12:33 PM   #2242
TPCShauna
Most Cheerful Creativear
I think "Under the Sea" would be a nice place to live
I definitely think that the colored mini marshmallows make the best peep poop

Location: Orlando, FL - just minutes from the magic! (but I'm still a Texas girl at heart!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinbutterfly View Post
Glad you had such a great trip!! I am getting ready to request a room. I was wondering was the Courtyard view a standard room?
Thanks;.
No, courtyard view is not a "standard room". Courtyard view must be booked as a specific room type and costs more than "standard view" and "woods view" rooms. Courtyard rooms can contain 1 king, 2 queens or 1 queen/2 bunk beds.

There is quite a bit more info regarding room types and locations on the first page of this thread.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:52 PM   #2243
AlexWyattMommy
Okay, here I am, out of high school and still with the big hair
"You would look like a stupid pony"
I can answer - BEEF and WILLIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPCShauna View Post
No, courtyard view is not a "standard room". Courtyard view must be booked as a specific room type and costs more than "standard view" and "woods view" rooms. Courtyard rooms can contain 1 king, 2 queens or 1 queen/2 bunk beds.

There is quite a bit more info regarding room types and locations on the first page of this thread.
Yes and no. The "view" is specific and the different catagories will cost you more or less. The layout/features of the all rooms regardless of the view catagory are all considered "standard" unless you get the bunk bed or deluxe rooms and those cost even more in their "view" catagories.

I totally got confused over standard room vs standard view with this resort. Sometimes I think I still am.

4 people + 1 travel trailer = tons of giggles
Old 11-06-2008, 10:52 PM   #2244
northriver
DIS Veteran

I just booked 2 standard view rooms at WL today with the with the new discount. We were originally booked in one room at CR which I booked 6 months ago and have been focused on that. I've never stayed at WL or planned to stay at CR, and in fact, I don't think I've even set foot inside WL since we had a Sunday Brunch there in 2000! I'm needing a crash course on WL!

I haven't read very far through this thread yet but one thing I'm wondering is about this closed/open balcony situation. My 3 yr old is a climber so if anyone can point me to a photo of the open balcony, I'd appreciate it, it just sounds like "closed" would be safer!

I'm looking forward to learning all about WL, thanks to all of you for sharing!
Old 11-07-2008, 10:52 AM   #2245
robinbutterfly
DIS Veteran

So what are the views from a standard room?

*May 2015-Grand Floridian and Beach Club * November 2013- Dolphin and POFQ *October 2012- WDW Swan * January 2012- WDW Boardwalk Villas and Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas. *January 2010-WDW Bay Lake Tower *January 2009-WDW Wilderness Lodge * June 2003- Disneyland Paris on our Honeymoon. WDW SEVERAL times as a kid. *1979- Disneyland in California
Old 11-07-2008, 10:55 AM   #2246
AlexWyattMommy

You should read post 2 of this thread. It explains way better than I can.

Old 11-07-2008, 11:02 AM   #2247
robinbutterfly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexWyattMommy View Post
You should read post 2 of this thread. It explains way better than I can.
I have and it just confuses me. I wanted to hear from someone that has stayed in a standard room, what room to request.

Old 11-07-2008, 11:08 AM   #2248
AlexWyattMommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinbutterfly View Post
I have and it just confuses me. I wanted to hear from someone that has stayed in a standard room, what room to request.
Aha! That would totally need first hand experience. You may have better luck if you post a seperate thread with that in the title. Then people who have recently stayed would more likely to answer it. Not many come back to this thread when they are done.

Happy memory making!

Old 11-07-2008, 11:16 AM   #2249
monami7
DIS Veteran

I just booked our first WL stay. I couldn't help it with the new deal!!!
Old 11-07-2008, 11:47 AM   #2250
ElenitaB
Cries at Illuminations (and Wishes and DCL Planning DVD)

Chinese delivery to WL?

Not sure if this has been addressed in this thread (don't have time to go through 150+ pages)... we're wondering if we can order Chinese take-out to be delivered to the Lodge. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!

Most recent
Four days at BWV and four nights on the Wonder (Feb 17 sailing)
May 1 to 4, off-site
December 08 - going home for four nights at VWL
Next up
Last week of August at BWV

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: