Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 06:29 PM   #211
hahmood
hahmood

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICinMYHEART View Post
Luv2CtheMouse
You know I have stayed at the Lodge so many times I just book the lest expensive room I can, unless I book Club Level.

do you have a favorite Club Level room?

2006 AKL Club Level
2007 WL Old Faithful Club
March 2008 WL Old Faithful Club

Old 02-22-2008, 07:04 PM   #212
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
Florida people eat Gators....THE CIRCLE OF LIFE.
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hahmood View Post
Do you have a favorite Club Level room?
I try to request North Wing because of the views of the Castle at night, I love watching it change colors. I have actually woken during the night and gone outside to just sit and watch the Castle.

Viewing Wishes is also great from these rooms, even though one floor down the view is the Standard View Rooms.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2008, 07:20 PM   #213
cutedisneygirly
DIS Veteran

How quiet are the rooms at the resort? My fiance and I are planning our Disneymoon for May 2009, and we both love the looks of the WL (we loved the GCH at Disneyland).

I tend to be a light sleeper though, and don't like it when I can hear people talking in the rooms next to us, because I will be awake with them. (My fiance will sleep through anything!) Are the rooms pretty soundproof? At the GCH we could barely hear people in the halls, and we rarely heard voices next to us (only a very loud child once in a while). Is it like this at the WL?

Thanks for your help!
April '13: BWPPI; Dec '12: HOJO; Jan '12: BWPPI/DLH; Oct '10: HOJO; Aug '10: BWA; May '10: HOJO; Dec '09: DLH; May '08: DLH; Oct '07: GCH (DH proposed); March '06: BWPPI; Oct '04: Tropicana; May '04: PVI; Dec '03: BWPPI; May '03: DLH; Oct '02 & May '01: DI&S; '00, '98, & '97: CCI; '96 CI; '92 & '89 DLH; '86
Old 02-22-2008, 07:45 PM   #214
MomOf2DisneyKids
Scrapbook mommy
Buttons.. if they aren't Mickey shaped, I can take them or leave them!
ooh, McDreamy !!!!
Kiefer Sutherland, anyone??

Quote:
Originally Posted by hahmood View Post
do you have a favorite Club Level room?
we were in room 7056 (north wing) twice and the view was AWESOME!!!!
Old 02-22-2008, 07:57 PM   #215
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutedisneygirly View Post
How quiet are the rooms at the resort? My fiance and I are planning our Disneymoon for May 2009, and we both love the looks of the WL (we loved the GCH at Disneyland).

I tend to be a light sleeper though, and don't like it when I can hear people talking in the rooms next to us, because I will be awake with them. (My fiance will sleep through anything!) Are the rooms pretty soundproof? At the GCH we could barely hear people in the halls, and we rarely heard voices next to us (only a very loud child once in a while). Is it like this at the WL?

Thanks for your help!
I found the rooms very quiet, never heard a peep from our neighbours.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:20 PM   #216
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardom View Post
Yeah, I feel bad complaining, it's still a great price even as a discount off the more expensive room. And it worked, I don't think we would have gone this year otherwise! DH has always wanted to stay at WL, but we always researched it and passed it by in favor of less expensive trips elsewhere...
Do we share a life? EXACTLY the same story here. There is no way we would have gone this year without the code, DH has always wanted to stay WL--we researched it on our first trip, passed it by for AKL and almost passed it by this trip for CR, but came back because it was cheaper and DH REALLY wanted to stay here. I quickly fell in love and am SO SO excited!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 02-23-2008, 04:30 PM   #217
hahmood
hahmood

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Do we share a life? EXACTLY the same story here. There is no way we would have gone this year without the code, DH has always wanted to stay WL--we researched it on our first trip, passed it by for AKL and almost passed it by this trip for CR, but came back because it was cheaper and DH REALLY wanted to stay here. I quickly fell in love and am SO SO excited!

you're in trouble! You'll be hooked

2006 AKL Club Level
2007 WL Old Faithful Club
March 2008 WL Old Faithful Club

Old 02-23-2008, 04:41 PM   #218
boardom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post

Oh yes, me too. This thread is NOT helping me be patient and wait for October.

Last trip - Polynesian 10/08
Old 02-24-2008, 04:26 PM   #219
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Can anyone tell me the closest place to WL to buy wine? We'd like to keep a bottle or 2 in the room to save some $ . We will have a car.

Also, what is the average price range for cocktails or a glass of wine at restaurants? Obsessive planner here!!!
Old 02-25-2008, 12:13 PM   #220
dizneykid
The Tag Fairy offers you pixie dust every day!!
Has a love bug named Dixie!
WL VET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Ron View Post
Does the fridge have a small freezer section in the right hand corner? I am wondering because I want to bring a couple of sm ice packs for DS bottles.

TIA
Mrs. Disney Ron

Answer*** yes, there is a freezer. I found a picture on Allears showing it.
Mrs. Disney Ron,

I just returned from the Lodge and I looked at our fridge. It did not have a freezer in it. It was just as your picture, but no freezer. Now, I am not sure if the rest of the rooms had different fridges.

So this is love!
Jeanne Marcel Dixie Remy Jack
Old 02-25-2008, 12:32 PM   #221
dizneykid
The Tag Fairy offers you pixie dust every day!!
Has a love bug named Dixie!
WL VET

Quote:
Originally Posted by horselover View Post
Can anyone tell me the closest place to WL to buy wine? We'd like to keep a bottle or 2 in the room to save some $ . We will have a car.

Also, what is the average price range for cocktails or a glass of wine at restaurants? Obsessive planner here!!!
OK, I know of two places that are not very far. They are both down by DownTown Disney. One is Goodings (S.R. 535 & I4; 407-827-1200) and the other is ABC Liquor (11951 So. Apopka-Vineland; 407-239-0775). My preference would be the ABC store because they will have a very nice selection and their prices are much lower than Goodings. ABC is just about 1/4 mile from Goodings (which is the closest). Mapquest them and you will see.

As for prices for cocktails: approximately $5.00 to $10.00 per cocktail. Martinis are closer to $8.00.

Wine will run around $4.00 to $8.00 a glass.

Now, you could purchase some really nice wines in the Mercantile. But they will be a little pricey (but not bad). But as you said, you have a car , so I would venture out.

Also, in Epcot, drinks can run from $6.00 for beer to $10.00 - $12.00 for a glass of champagne.

So this is love!
Jeanne Marcel Dixie Remy Jack
Old 02-26-2008, 08:56 AM   #222
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

Thanks to Dizneykid we have the new prices for the boat and bike rentals for Teton Boat & Bike Rental @ Wilderness Lodge, I have updated the rental prices on Page 1.

I am working on a post for the Health Club, what Sturdy Branches offers and a price list. I will add the new information to Page 1 when I have all the information.

Thanks
Beckie
Old 02-26-2008, 11:26 AM   #223
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
Do they do prenatal massages at any of the Disney resorts? I would love to get one.

DreaGirl

Sorry it took me a few days to get the answer to your question. Yes Study Branches does have prenatal massage therapists, you will need to call in advance and depending on which trimester you are in they can schedule you.

Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Sturdy Branches Fitness Center 407-938-4222.

Last edited by MAGICinMYHEART; 02-26-2008 at 01:43 PM.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:49 PM   #224
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICinMYHEART View Post
[/font][/size]
DreaGirl

Sorry it took me a few days to get the answer to your question. Yes Study Branches does have prenatal massage therapists, you will need to call in advance and depending on which trimester your in they can schedule you.

Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Sturdy Branches Fitness Center 407-938-4222.

Thank you! I'll be in my second.

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:41 PM   #225
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

Ok, the information on Sturdy Branches Fitness Center with rates and treatments are now located on page 1 post # 3.

Thanks once again to Dizneykid for picking up the new prices on her recent trip. She called me Saturday morning and I had her running all over the Lodge "THANK YOU" Jeanne.

Beckie
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: