Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 05:34 PM   #181
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICinMYHEART View Post
Inner Courtyard is a request, please read page 1 the second post it explanes request and locations for the different rooms and views.

Thanks! I don't know why I didn't recall that, I have read the first few posts several times...guess it just didn't all make sense until I read it a few times and we actually had something booked.

I am hoping for a Bear Face room - that would be a dream! Do the CM's on the phone know what a "Bear Face" room is? Or do I just say Inner Courtyard and hope for the best?

I see the bear in the picture-how neat! Can't wait to show DH that.

Thank you for your help and information!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 02-19-2008, 06:58 PM   #182
boardom
Mouseketeer

OK, I have a question for all of you WL vets. I should be REALLY, REALLY pleased to have a courtyard view room, right?? At my request, my travel agent switched us to a courtyard bunk bed room (I wanted the bunk beds) from the woods view we had booked, but I didn't realize that it would be so much more $$ than our woods view! And of course when I asked to be switched back, the woods view was all booked. Bleah.

So we're still very excited about WL, but not so excited about spending an extra $300 on a view! So please, tell me how AWESOME the courtyard views are!! And how it's totally worth it!!

Last trip - Polynesian 10/08
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2008, 07:38 PM   #183
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
Florida people eat Gators....THE CIRCLE OF LIFE.
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardom View Post
So we're still very excited about WL, but not so excited about spending an extra $300 on a view! So please, tell me how AWESOME the courtyard views are!! And how it's totally worth it!!
Boardom
Well you aren't really spending the extra money on just the View upgrade. The rates for the Courtyard View and Courtyard View with Bunk Beds is $25.00 more a night, so you are paying alot more for the Bunk Beds. While I believe the view upgrades are AWESOME and worth the additional cost I don't think the Bunk Beds are.

They also charge different amounts during the year for the Bunk Beds sometimes a Wood View Bunk Bed is $15.00 more a night, sometimes $25.00, other seasons it's $20.00 a night. Courtyard View with Bunk Beds can either be $25.00 or $30.00 a night.

What I don't understand is your Travel Agent telling you the Wood View Room with Bunk Beds weren't available, I just checked on-line for your dates and they are available.

Last edited by MAGICinMYHEART; 02-19-2008 at 07:44 PM.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:02 PM   #184
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth
I am hoping for a Bear Face room - that would be a dream! Do the CM's on the phone know what a "Bear Face" room is? Or do I just say Inner Courtyard and hope for the best?
Brook
No, the Cast Members will think your nuts if you ask for a Bear Face Room.

While I wish you Pixie Dust on your request remember there are only 14 of these rooms available at the Lodge.

You should request: Inner Courtyard Room off the Lobby. as your reservations are for 2 adults (your infant isn't on your reservation) you could also request: A King size bed with tub, this would give you extra floor space for the Pac-N-Play. The tub request is so you wouldn't receive a barrier-free (handicap-accessible) rooms that only have a large shower with no tub.

I also know there are a few of these room that are Bear Face Rooms. Good Luck and remember this would only be a request.

Beckie
Old 02-19-2008, 08:47 PM   #185
boardom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Boardom

What I don't understand is your Travel Agent telling you the Wood View Room with Bunk Beds weren't available, I just checked on-line for your dates and they are available.

I'm getting a pin code discount, evidently there are limited #s of rooms available in each category at the pin code discount price. And apparently now ALL that's left for the 2 weeks in October that are on the pin code promotion I have are the courtyard bunk beds!

Decided to try the bunk beds because my little guy is still sleeping in a crib at home, but is too big for a pack-n-play. Figured he might be a bit overwhelmed in a queen on his own! Glad to hear you think the courtyard views are worth it, that was the part I was a little iffy on. And on reflection, since we'll be spending a fair amount of time in the room due to naps and earlyish bedtimes, I may enjoy a more interesting view too.

Old 02-19-2008, 11:31 PM   #186
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Brook
No, the Cast Members will think your nuts if you ask for a Bear Face Room.

While I wish you Pixie Dust on your request remember there are only 14 of these rooms available at the Lodge.

You should request: Inner Courtyard Room off the Lobby. as your reservations are for 2 adults (your infant isn't on your reservation) you could also request: A King size bed with tub, this would give you extra floor space for the Pac-N-Play. The tub request is so you wouldn't receive a barrier-free (handicap-accessible) rooms that only have a large shower with no tub.

I also know there are a few of these room that are Bear Face Rooms. Good Luck and remember this would only be a request.

Beckie
LOL - Good thing I haven't called yet and asked for a Bear Face room! LOL Would have been a nice memory though.

Thank you for the awesome info! I don't mind the barrier-free rooms - we had one on our honeymoon at AKL and the huge shower was kinda nice! BUT, with a little guy it might be interesting...

I'm so glad you know there are some of these rooms available. I will mention my most important request is the VIEW. Then King sized bed, then the tub/shower.

We'll see what we get. I know I won't be disappointed at all with anything at WL, the more I hear about it, the more excited I am!

Thank you again!!!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 02-19-2008, 11:32 PM   #187
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardom View Post
I'm getting a pin code discount, evidently there are limited #s of rooms available in each category at the pin code discount price. And apparently now ALL that's left for the 2 weeks in October that are on the pin code promotion I have are the courtyard bunk beds!

Decided to try the bunk beds because my little guy is still sleeping in a crib at home, but is too big for a pack-n-play. Figured he might be a bit overwhelmed in a queen on his own! Glad to hear you think the courtyard views are worth it, that was the part I was a little iffy on. And on reflection, since we'll be spending a fair amount of time in the room due to naps and earlyish bedtimes, I may enjoy a more interesting view too.
Same thing happened with us for our planned trip in November. We wanted Standard, but ended up with Courtyard as it is the only type available with the codes.

But, you bring up a good point about the naps and bedtimes! I hadn't really thought about how much more we will be in the room and how much more we can enjoy our view!
Old 02-20-2008, 07:39 AM   #188
timandlesley
The tag fairy may not but the Tag Genie does!!!

First time in a Standard Room

So, as our trip gets closer I'm getting nervous that we only booked a standard room this time. We've stayed at WL two times before and always had the awesome woods view rooms facing MK and had a nice peaceful view of otter pond and the fireworks. AHHHHHHHHHHHH, just thinking of it takes me back.
That being said, now that we have booked standard, is there a certain location we should request that would be more peaceful than the others? I have no familiarity with the standard room locations.
What are the odds of an upgrade in June during peak season? We'll be checking in before 9:30 a.m.
Any advice would be GREAT!
Thanks,
Lesley

ALL NEW"Keep Moving Forward" TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907120
DISNEY DREAM/AKL CONCIERGE JUNE 2011 TRIP REPORT "TimandLesley's If The Boat's A Rockin' Don't Come A...........TR with TONS of pics and video!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2752980
Nov. 2010 Adults Only TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2601328
"SUM OF OUR THRILLS" June 2010 TR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2497427
ALL GIRLS TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2454788
Tim's Disapalooza guys only TR:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2362085
First Times TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34183633&posted=1#post34183633
18 DAYS IN DISNEY!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2224335
Read my blog: www.livinglifeaslesley.blogspot.com
Old 02-20-2008, 07:40 AM   #189
boardom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Same thing happened with us for our planned trip in November. We wanted Standard, but ended up with Courtyard as it is the only type available with the codes.

But, you bring up a good point about the naps and bedtimes! I hadn't really thought about how much more we will be in the room and how much more we can enjoy our view!

Yeah, I feel bad complaining, it's still a great price even as a discount off the more expensive room. And it worked, I don't think we would have gone this year otherwise! DH has always wanted to stay at WL, but we always researched it and passed it by in favor of less expensive trips elsewhere...

Old 02-20-2008, 08:53 AM   #190
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timandlesley View Post
Now that we have booked standard, is there a certain location we should request that would be more peaceful than the others? I have no familiarity with the standard room locations.
What are the odds of an upgrade in June during peak season? We'll be checking in before 9:30 a.m.
Lesley
On Page 1 post # 2, I have posted information that explains request and locations for the different rooms and views.

Yes there is alway a possibility of an upgrade, I have received a upgrade in June.

Beckie

Last edited by MAGICinMYHEART; 02-20-2008 at 08:58 AM.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:55 AM   #191
NannyC
Earning My Ears

Ok, I have a really dumb question I hope someone can answer. We will be staying at WL for the first time June 14th-21st. My DH and I are coffe snobs, and will be bringing our own for the coffee pot in the room. Can someone tell me what kind of coffee filters I need to bring with me? The basket kind, or the cone type? The coffee pots are the small 4 cup type correct? Thanks.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:13 AM   #192
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NannyC View Post
Can someone tell me what kind of coffee filters I need to bring with me? The basket kind, or the cone type? The coffee pots are the small 4 cup type correct?
NannyC

The photo below is from Deb's Website and shows the actual coffee maker, you should bring the small basket type or if possible the prepackaged filters with coffee.

Hope you have a great trip.

Beckie

Old 02-21-2008, 07:22 AM   #193
2moms
Mouseketeer

Hi. Quick question...I reviewed the info in post 2 regarding views from rooms, I just want to clarify before calling and putting a request on my reservation. I have a reservation for a courtyard view with bunk beds. In order to see the electric water pagent I need to request an inner north wing room correct? Will I not be able to see that from the inner south wing? Thanks.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:58 AM   #194
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

2moms
I believe you will have a possibility for a better view of the Water Pageant from the North Wing, but just like views of the castle you may find trees blocking some or part of the view.

Good Luck
Beckie
Old 02-21-2008, 10:46 AM   #195
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2moms View Post
Hi. Quick question...I reviewed the info in post 2 regarding views from rooms, I just want to clarify before calling and putting a request on my reservation. I have a reservation for a courtyard view with bunk beds. In order to see the electric water pagent I need to request an inner north wing room correct? Will I not be able to see that from the inner south wing? Thanks.

We had a great view of the parade from our room in the south wing so even if you end up there you can still get a great view.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: