Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 06:49 PM   #1636
Troop o' Goofs
"Inside every sophisticated grownup adult is a little kid just dying to get out." Walter Elias Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaffney09 View Post
Hey- Well, I'm just wondering if the deluxe room is a good choice for 5 people- I've done some research, and it seems to be one of my best options, unless I can find someone to rent points for a 2BR WLV. In your room (4000) where was that located? How was your view? Do you happen to know whether these deluxe rooms book up quickly or not? Because I'm planning on going during the 2nd week in Dec. which is supposed to be a value season. Anything else you can tell me about the room/ resort would be great! Thanks!
Megan
Room 4000 is at the end of the resort by the boat dock. With 3 kids under 7 (7, 5 and 2) and 2 adults it was ok. By my standards a bit tight, but I enjoy a lot of space. We had a view of trees and bay lake, through the trees you could make out Wishes by night. The deluxe Jr Suites are at the ends of the resort. Resort being a U the deluxe rooms would be at the tips of the U. Feel free to ask any additional questions.

Former Cast Member
DH, DW, DS10, DS8 & DD5
DisneyMoon 1997 WL & BW, WL 2007, DCL 2011

Old 07-14-2008, 09:41 PM   #1637
jaycns
I am green with envy. Vanilla Ice is MY closet obsession!
I've got PUNKY POWER!
ppppfartttt - it was the SHOES! I swear!
It's wonderful to see the dropper of the poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troop o' Goofs View Post
What do you want to know? My family and I (5 of us total) stayed in a deluxe room, aka Jr. Suite (Room #4000) this past November.
If I may jump in with a question...do you happen to have any pictures of the room or the view from the room? How long was your walk to the lobby? Pool? Playground? Dock?

Sorry, I have way too many questions. But I do thank you kindly in advance.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2008, 04:58 AM   #1638
Troop o' Goofs
"Inside every sophisticated grownup adult is a little kid just dying to get out." Walter Elias Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycns View Post
If I may jump in with a question...do you happen to have any pictures of the room or the view from the room? How long was your walk to the lobby? Pool? Playground? Dock?

Sorry, I have way too many questions. But I do thank you kindly in advance.
I don't have pictures of the room, however you can find some HERE about half way down the page.

The walk to the lobby wasn't too bad. The elevators were closest to Roaring Forks. From our room if you walked down the stairs that were right outside of the room, you could leave the hotel and walk to the boats in about 5-10 minutes. We had kids and a stroller and usually stopped at the Old Faithful Club for snacks before we went anywhere. Since the pool is close to Roaring Forks, you can figure the walk to the pool would be about 5 mintues or less. The playground is closer to the other side of the hotel, and take a touch longer. The thing about WL is that with the themeing and hotel looking as it does, the longer walks arn't that bad IMHO.

Former Cast Member
DH, DW, DS10, DS8 & DD5

Old 07-15-2008, 02:41 PM   #1639
gaffney09
Mouseketeer

Does anyone happen to know whether or not the Roaring Forks (or any other place in the WL) offers snacks that can be used as one of the snack credits for the Dining Plan?
December 2010- Christmas at Fort Wilderness Cabins with the family- Free Dining!
October 2011- tentative trip to BC or YC for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

Old 07-15-2008, 02:45 PM   #1640
gaffney09
Mouseketeer

Hey Troops N Goofs, I just saw where you are buying into the DVC membership! That's awesome!! So incredibly jealous though So are you going to make your home resort The Wilderness Lodge?? That's definitely one of my life goals to by a DVC membership... anyway, just thought I'd say congrats!
December 2010- Christmas at Fort Wilderness Cabins with the family- Free Dining!
October 2011- tentative trip to BC or YC for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

Old 07-15-2008, 02:47 PM   #1641
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Does anyone happen to know whether or not the Roaring Forks (or any other place in the WL) offers snacks that can be used as one of the snack credits for the Dining Plan?
All the Resort counter service locations offer things that are used for snack credits, so I am sure there are items like that at Roaring Forks.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:14 PM   #1642
gaffney09
Mouseketeer

Actually, I was able to find an entire list of what can be used as snack credits- just go to the restaurants section and it's one of the stickys on the top of the page (maybe it's under the dining plan page) but it lists everything! I was pleased to see that I can use some snack credits in the WL.
Another question: Has anyone had any luck booking a Deluxe room at WL through AAA (2nd week in Dec.)?

Old 07-16-2008, 04:59 AM   #1643
Troop o' Goofs

Quote:
Hey Troops N Goofs, I just saw where you are buying into the DVC membership! That's awesome!! So incredibly jealous though So are you going to make your home resort The Wilderness Lodge?? That's definitely one of my life goals to by a DVC membership... anyway, just thought I'd say congrats!
That is the plan. We thoroughly enjoy WL and it fits with what we want to be close to. We also like Whispering Canyon. It's a close race between WL and BW though. But I think WL will win out.

Former Cast Member
DH, DW, DS10, DS8 & DD5

Old 07-16-2008, 06:01 AM   #1644
burberryplaid
Addicted to SOARIN's Orange Scent
Has an affinity for cupcakes
There's nothing like leaving all your cares behind you and getting to be 6 years old all over again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heath-and-javens-mom View Post
Hi, Do all rooms have a blacony? I am thinking we would like to be close to the lobby, Will that be a long walk to the pool and boat doc? I have a standard view room so I doubt they will put us in a wing due to the woods/courtyard view- what do you think? What type of view does a "LOBBY ROOM" have? Okay and one last thing-- does anyone have pictures of a standard room view, perferably a room near lobby.....I know thats asking alot.
TIA
I am fairly certain all rooms, with the exception of the ones on the first floor, have a balcony. The ones on the first floor, are patios. The ones on the top floor are enclosed balconies.

There is a possibility that you could get a wing room, even with a standard view as there are some standard views in the wings.

I think the walk from most rooms is fairly short. There are little short cuts you can use to get to the boat and I think it's pretty much the same to the busses.

I can't help with pictures of a standard view..we booked a standard room both times we stayed at WL, but both times we were upgraded to courtyard.. so there's always that possability for you as well. (I'll cross my fingers for you)

Quote:
You can ABSOLUTELY get snacks with a snack credit at Roaring Forks and at the Mercantile. I bought about 3 Chocolate dipped Mickey Ricke Krispy treats there last visit. Here is the list to the most current available snack credits
Old 07-16-2008, 07:20 AM   #1645
dato63
DIS Veteran

Can you see Wishes from the beach area of the WL? Or is it just from the water front of GF & Poly?

Thanks!
Old 07-16-2008, 11:45 AM   #1646
CinderellaPug
Mouseketeer

We are staying at WLV during our February trip. We just booked our room yesterday at the 7 month window. We can't wait to check out this great resort.
August 2000 All-Star Music, December/January 2003/2004 Beach Club Villas, August 2004 Grand Floridian, Cruise, Boardwalk Villas, June/July 2005 Boardwalk Villas, Pop Century, February 2006 Hard Rock Hotel, Boardwalk Villas April06 Pop/Saratoga Springs, Dec06/Jan07 BCV, April07 BWV, Oct07 - F&W at BWV, Jan08 - Disney Marathon at BWV, Feb08 BWV, April08 - DCL Magic

You can't run away from trouble...ain't no place that far.
Please stand up before exiting, bye-bye.
Wait a minute, I love that idea.

Old 07-16-2008, 03:38 PM   #1647
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by dato63 View Post
Can you see Wishes from the beach area of the WL? Or is it just from the water front of GF & Poly?

Thanks!
Correct me if I'm wrong WL FAQ thread gurus, but I believe the answer here is no.

I think the tree growth around the lodge is to high to properly view fireworks from the beach.

However, a while ago, I posted a question about seeing the fireworks from inside the lodge, and they are viewable from a sixth floor location. I'm not at home right now, or I would post the directions on how to get there, perhaps someone else can jump in.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:21 PM   #1648
dato63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong WL FAQ thread gurus, but I believe the answer here is no.

I think the tree growth around the lodge is to high to properly view fireworks from the beach.

However, a while ago, I posted a question about seeing the fireworks from inside the lodge, and they are viewable from a sixth floor location. I'm not at home right now, or I would post the directions on how to get there, perhaps someone else can jump in.
thanks. I went through the thread and saw the post about the 6th floor window. Printed it out to take with us. Was just curious if you could see it from the beach, as I didn't come across a post that mentioned it.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:01 PM   #1649
Minnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dato63 View Post
thanks. I went through the thread and saw the post about the 6th floor window. Printed it out to take with us. Was just curious if you could see it from the beach, as I didn't come across a post that mentioned it.
No, you can't see Wishes from the beach at at the WL. The beach faces the old Discovery Island and FW area.

We did see some fireworks from our "bear face" room but I was told by our KTTK tour guide that it was likely those from Sea World.

I did watch Wishes several nights from the WL though. There are window banks on the 5th and 6th floors that have great views I loved our room location
Old 07-17-2008, 06:34 AM   #1650
AussieAngel
DIS Veteran

Here's a random question...!

Can you buy cheese popcorn at WL?

In 2006, we stayed at Pop and my favourite snack was a bag of Chip & Dale's Cheese Popcorn. I looked on the snack thread and don't see it anywhere.

I hope so!! We don't have cheese popcorn in Australia, and I LOVED it!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My 2006 trip report - Two Aussie First-Timers in Disney!
My 2009 dining report - Our delicious Disney deluxe dining adventures!
My 2009 trip report - Laughter, Tears & Screams - Two Aussies in Disney World!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: