Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 08:25 AM   #1591
dizneykid
The Tag Fairy offers you pixie dust every day!!
Has a love bug named Dixie!
WL VET

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmwood68 View Post
I am off to Disney for the first time in over 20 years and look forward to staying at WL.

I called yesterday and changed a few things with my package and they said we had rooms with bunk beds. I have 3 young children (6, 4, 2) and I am not sure how I feel about it. I never requested this room. Does the bunk bed have a safety railing?
Hi there. I see other posters have answered your bunk questions.

But, do you realize that you are paying extra for the bunk bed rooms? They are not given on request anymore. If you asked for a regular room I would call and see. You could save a good amount of dollars.

So this is love!
Jeanne Marcel Dixie Remy Jack
Old 07-11-2008, 08:33 AM   #1592
earthelves
DIS Veteran

I Just Called The WL IPO & Was Directed To There Answering Machine,I'm Hoping I Hear Back From Them Today
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2008, 08:35 AM   #1593
tardin1964
I need it.....
I want it.....
Please........

Quote:
Originally Posted by disreport View Post
Does anyone have any really good room pics. I am trying to convince my wife to stay at WL this year and she just isn't exactly enamored with the room pics I have shown her on the normal sites (allearsnets, wdwinfo, etc) . I am almost positive that the rooms are better looking in person, but it is hard to convince her of that. Quite frankly, I also think they look a tad on the boring side. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I not sure if you checked out this thread yet or not:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1717127

It is full of pictures of WL. I'm sure there are some room pics inculded. Even if there aren't any, seeing the pics of the rest of the resort may help convince her since it is so beautiful.

Poly 8/79, 8/81, 8/83
GF 8/92
WL 11/03, 11/05, 8/08
DCL 11/10
POFQ 6/11
Old 07-11-2008, 10:10 AM   #1594
ransom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemoryMakers2669 View Post
Not sure if the left wing....the one closer to MK, has that elevator mid way down or not....???
Yup. Democrats and Republicans both get an elevator at Wilderness Lodge.

The one in the left wing is not too far down the hall from Roaring Fork.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:13 AM   #1595
TPCShauna
Most Cheerful Creativear
I think "Under the Sea" would be a nice place to live
I definitely think that the colored mini marshmallows make the best peep poop

Location: Orlando, FL - just minutes from the magic! (but I'm still a Texas girl at heart!)

We are staying at WL and everyone keeps telling us we just **HAVE** to eat at WCC because it is so fun. I keep reading reviews talking about the horrible food and service so I'm getting concerned.

We are planning to eat here our last morning for a late breakfast and I have a few questions.

1) How is the breakfast food?
2) Will they do special order eggs on the skillet - i.e. I don't eat yolks or egg beaters and need egg whites only?
3) How's the interaction?
Old 07-11-2008, 11:18 AM   #1596
viluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

I have a food realted concern too.....

overall, how is the food at this resort? We've been pretty dissapointed with the moderate resort food.....remember liking the food at WL but that was 5 years ago.........
Old 07-11-2008, 11:36 AM   #1597
dizneykid
WL VET

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPCShauna View Post
We are staying at WL and everyone keeps telling us we just **HAVE** to eat at WCC because it is so fun. I keep reading reviews talking about the horrible food and service so I'm getting concerned.

We are planning to eat here our last morning for a late breakfast and I have a few questions.

2) Will they do special order eggs on the skillet - i.e. I don't eat yolks or egg beaters and need egg whites only?
Shauna,

I think the breakfast food is better than lunch or dinner. But that's me. I like to order off the menu and not the skillet as I think the food is fresher. But, we have ordered the skillet before and it was good. The eggs are scrambled, but you should be able to get them just whites.

Disney is very good with food concerns. When you sit, just tell your waitress your concern and she will take care of it. We have never had a problem.

We have eaten dinner there and sometimes it was good sometimes not. The interaction is always fun but food is hit or miss. I also think timing is a key. If you dine later in the evening I think the food is more dried out. But that is just me.

Hope it works out.

So this is love!
Old 07-11-2008, 11:43 AM   #1598
dizneykid
WL VET

Quote:
Originally Posted by viluvsdisney View Post
overall, how is the food at this resort? We've been pretty dissapointed with the moderate resort food.....remember liking the food at WL but that was 5 years ago.........
The Lodge has several food options: Whispering Canyon Cafe, Roaring Forks, Artist Point, Territory Lounge.

As in my previous post regarding WCC, well it's OK.

Artist Point, for me is one of the best restaurants on property. We have never had a bad meal and our meals have always been exceptional!! But, this is a signature restaurant and can be expensive.

Territory Lounge is the small bar area near Artist Point. They serve appetizers and I have to say some of the BEST!! Their BLT flatbread is one of the best things I have ever tasted!

Now, Roaring Forks - You have to remember, this is not what the Value or Moderate Resorts would call a food court. It is very small compared to them and the food selection is very limited compared to them. So, if you eat there often you will most likely eat the same things over again.

Now, I like the food at Roaring Forks. I think their made to order chicken salad is one of the best. They have several options, hamburgers, pizza, sandwiches (both premade and made to order). The only thing is that sometimes the food in the grill section sits for a while if they are not busy. That would be my only complaint. Other than that, we have always thought it was good.

Hope this helps. Maybe we can get some other replies.

So this is love!
Old 07-11-2008, 11:58 AM   #1599
burberryplaid
Addicted to SOARIN's Orange Scent
Has an affinity for cupcakes
There's nothing like leaving all your cares behind you and getting to be 6 years old all over again!

Quote:

We LOVE breakfast at WCC. It has become our tradition to have breakfast there in the morning before we head to the airport.

I am sure they will accomadate your egg request without hesitation.

The interaction is great..maybe a little more low key then during lunch or dinner, but still fun. They had the pony races when we were there in May, the ketchup etc..but because there was less of a crowd, it wasn't quite as rowdy as it can be.

Enjoy..I think you'll like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by viluvsdisney View Post
I haven't tried Artist's Point yet, but we like WCC and Roaring Forks. We prefer breakfast at WCC but we were happy with dinner (love the pulled pork on the skillet) as well.

We enjoy having lunch at Roaring Forks a couple of times per trip. The sandwiches are all fresh and yummy. The flatbread pizza is decent along with the burgers and chicken strips. We also enjoy the fresh baked goods..cupcakes, cookies, Mickey Rice Krispy treats, etc..

Last edited by burberryplaid; 07-11-2008 at 12:03 PM.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:06 PM   #1600
Lou-Ann
DIS Veteran

If you don't want to spring for the whole dinner at Artist Point, go in and get the cobbler to go and eat it on the front porch by the babbling brook. Now that is atmosphere..
Old 07-11-2008, 12:13 PM   #1601
TPCShauna
Most Cheerful Creativear
I think "Under the Sea" would be a nice place to live
I definitely think that the colored mini marshmallows make the best peep poop

Location: Orlando, FL - just minutes from the magic! (but I'm still a Texas girl at heart!)

Thanks for the responses. Having the interaction be a bit more low-key is fine with me as I'm not much of a morning person anyway.

Glad to hear about the eggs. I just figured I would get the skillet because I would happily eat the bacon, biscuits and gravy on it and would just need egg whites. Thanks for making me feel better about this. I'm looking forward to trying out this restaurant!
Old 07-11-2008, 12:19 PM   #1602
Troop o' Goofs
"Inside every sophisticated grownup adult is a little kid just dying to get out." Walter Elias Disney

Quote:

We didn't have breakfast there, however we did have lunch and dinner. The lunch menu more suits my taste than the dinner menu. I have enjoyed the food and atmosphere, especially with the kids. Make sure you ask for ketchup and any color crayon you are missing.

Former Cast Member
DH, DW, DS10, DS8 & DD5
DisneyMoon 1997 WL & BW, WL 2007, DCL 2011

Old 07-11-2008, 12:53 PM   #1603
aspry
Earning My Ears

Transportation

Could someone help explain some of the transportation options (best routes) from WL to the parks. I'm taking my wife on her first trip to the world in September & we're staying at WL.

Is taking the boat to the Poly & hopping on the Monorail a decent way to get to Epcot? Is it any faster than taking the busses?

Any info would be great, thanks in advance!
Old 07-11-2008, 01:02 PM   #1604
MemoryMakers2669
Would rather have a sippy tag than the other kind
It is SUPER easy to get started in that

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransom View Post
Yup. Democrats and Republicans both get an elevator at Wilderness Lodge.

The one in the left wing is not too far down the hall from Roaring Fork.
LOL!!! Right, I used that to go to the laundry room one night. You have to walk out to the pool passed the Roaring Forks then. I think there is another set even further down that wing as well and there is a door there as well that isnt' too far from the baby pool.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:07 PM   #1605
Troop o' Goofs
"Inside every sophisticated grownup adult is a little kid just dying to get out." Walter Elias Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspry View Post
Could someone help explain some of the transportation options (best routes) from WL to the parks. I'm taking my wife on her first trip to the world in September & we're staying at WL.

Is taking the boat to the Poly & hopping on the Monorail a decent way to get to Epcot? Is it any faster than taking the busses?

Any info would be great, thanks in advance!
From WL to MK, take the boat.

From WL to Epcot, you can take the boat to CR, boat to MK then the monorail from either of those. OR you can take the bus from WL to Epcot.

To Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom or Downtown Disney the easiest way is to take the bus directly from WL.

Former Cast Member
DH, DW, DS10, DS8 & DD5
DisneyMoon 1997 WL & BW, WL 2007, DCL 2011

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: