Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 07:54 AM   #1531
MemoryMakers2669
Would rather have a sippy tag than the other kind
It is SUPER easy to get started in that

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneykid View Post
I do know that the last time we were up on the Club Level, they had carrying trays (the kind you see at MacDonalds). If you don't see them, just ask!!

Also another tip. When you go to the Lounge and you want to bring some goodies back to the room, use the tray that is under the ice bucket in your room. Works perfectly. I have seen so many moms trying to bring back drinks and cereal for the little ones so I usually tell them about the tray. I never feel funny about doing that!!
Forgot about the trays. YC did have them, thick paper ones, with cup holders on the sides and a flat part in the middle. WL had nothing at all. But you are right, there is the tray under the ice bucket in the room.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:31 AM   #1532
wendylou922
Earning My Ears

Thank you

I just reduced my order at garden grocer by almost $60. I am now super excited about staying club level. We needed the deluxe room and club level was the only one. Now it really seems worth it. I have a 1 year old who could just eat goldfish the whole day through. Now I am set for the parks as well. I am so happy I found this website! I do have one question did you use the planners to help you do any pre planning? If you did what did they help you with. I want to ask for a few things but don't want to be a pain in the butt either.

me DH DD9 DS7 DS1

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2008, 10:15 AM   #1533
MICKEY'S DREAMERS

Bringing the WL to you one screensaver at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemoryMakers2669 View Post
Desserts

Berry Cobbler

WOW !! ALL of your pics are so YUMMY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BIG THANKYOU !!!!
I could "have my meals" just watching your pictures !!!

laura

Old 07-08-2008, 10:16 AM   #1534
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
Florida people eat Gators....THE CIRCLE OF LIFE.
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyDuck View Post
I had requested a courtyard view with bunk beds. Do I have to say that I want a SPECIFIC courtyard view facing Silver Springs/Pool. I thought I had read somewhere on here or another thread that Courtyard view could also mean facing the villas? Is that true? If I want to face the main courtyard...Silver Springs...how do I request that??? And also...is it possible or am I just dreaming...to get a comp upgrade to concierge???
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyDuck View Post
I guess the premium courtyard views are the Bear Face rooms...correct? Do I request it that way or do they call them something else?
FunkyDuck

If you have booked a Courtyard View Room with Bunk Beds you should request Inner Courtyard this will let the room assigner know where you prefer to have your room located.

No the Bear Face rooms aren't the premium courtyard rooms, they are just a few rooms that overlook the courtyard and are located off the main Lobby. Not everyone enjoys these rooms (I do) but many guest enjoy being futher out toward the pool then right off the Lobby. For all the room location options I have the information posted on the first page it's the second post.

Trust me no one will know what you're talking about if you request a Bear Face room, you would need to request Inner Courtyard View off the Lobby. Bear Face Rooms is what we call them here on the FAQ Thread.

I would never tell you that an upgrade to Club Level is impossible BUT the Club Level has been very busy lately there may not be a room available to upgrade you to.

Remember all room request are just that request and not guaranteed.

Beckie
Old 07-08-2008, 10:20 AM   #1535
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
Florida people eat Gators....THE CIRCLE OF LIFE.
I love to laugh!

Laura

The Berry Cobbler is the same that we enjoy so much at Artist Point, just no ice cream.

Beckie
Old 07-08-2008, 10:44 AM   #1536
MICKEY'S DREAMERS

Bringing the WL to you one screensaver at a time

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICinMYHEART View Post
Laura

The Berry Cobbler is the same that we enjoy so much at Artist Point, just no ice cream.

Beckie
OH YES !!!!!!!! I DO remember so well !!! Mouth watering !!

laura

Old 07-08-2008, 11:32 AM   #1537
dizneykid
The Tag Fairy offers you pixie dust every day!!
Has a love bug named Dixie!
WL VET

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICinMYHEART View Post
Laura

Beckie
And, all you have to do is go down to the Mercantile and get a pint of ice cream to enjoy with your berry cobbler!!! YUMMY

So this is love!
Jeanne Marcel Dixie Remy Jack
Old 07-08-2008, 11:52 AM   #1538
diberry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Berry Cobbler
Great name too!!!!

WDW - 1996 offsite, 1997 Dixie Landings, 2001 AKL & All Star Sport, 2002 All Star Music & Contemporary, 2003 Caribbean Beach, 2004 Pop Century, 2006 POFQ, 2008 WL, 2009 OKW, 2010 SSR, 2012 SSR, 2013 SSR
DLC - 2005 offsite
DLP - April 2004 Cheyenne, Oct & Dec 2004 Santa Fe, Nov 2005 Sequoia Lodge, June 2006 SL, May 2007 Cheyenne, Jan 2008 Marriott, Dec 2008 Cheyenne, Oct 2009 Cheyenne, Oct 2010 Cheyenne, Feb 2010 Cheyenne, June 2011 Ibis, Oct 2012 Marriott
Old 07-08-2008, 12:33 PM   #1539
bolgers love wdw
Wilderness Lodge Nuts :)

My DH absolutely fell in love the Artist Point Cobbler on our very first stay at the WL for our honeymoon in May 2004!!!! I now make it for him every year for his birthday, and I must say that each year, I am getting better and better at making it!! But it is still WAY better at the Lodge!!! Heck....everything is better at the Lodge!!
Old 07-08-2008, 12:35 PM   #1540
Troop o' Goofs
"Inside every sophisticated grownup adult is a little kid just dying to get out." Walter Elias Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolgers love wdw View Post
My DH absolutely fell in love the Artist Point Cobbler on our very first stay at the WL for our honeymoon in May 2004!!!! I now make it for him every year for his birthday, and I must say that each year, I am getting better and better at making it!! But it is still WAY better at the Lodge!!! Heck....everything is better at the Lodge!!
Especially when you don't have to make it.

Former Cast Member
DH, DW, DS10, DS8 & DD5
DisneyMoon 1997 WL & BW, WL 2007, DCL 2011

Old 07-08-2008, 02:01 PM   #1541
TPCShauna
Most Cheerful Creativear
I think "Under the Sea" would be a nice place to live
I definitely think that the colored mini marshmallows make the best peep poop

Location: Orlando, FL - just minutes from the magic! (but I'm still a Texas girl at heart!)

Just a reminder about CL offerings. The items placed out in the evening are considered appetizers. It is not the intention that they would be enough to be deemed dinner. When IPO sent me the offering list in my packet, they explained that the offerings could be reduced at any time. This has already happened at BWI and Poly due to the large volume of guests making meals out of the evening offerings.

That being said, morning offerings are billed as a "continental breakfast" but there is more than enough there for all but the heartiest eaters. Evening offerings can vary and many resorts are cutting back.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:02 PM   #1542
tiggerlvr27
Mouseketeer

I never had the cobbler But looking at the picture makes me wish I was CL!!!
'06 - POP (NoJ)
9/08 - WL -25th Anniversary
11/13 - POR/AK - 30th Anniversary:

Old 07-08-2008, 02:10 PM   #1543
Laumau
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendylou922 View Post
I just reduced my order at garden grocer by almost $60. I am now super excited about staying club level. We needed the deluxe room and club level was the only one. Now it really seems worth it. I have a 1 year old who could just eat goldfish the whole day through. Now I am set for the parks as well. I am so happy I found this website! I do have one question did you use the planners to help you do any pre planning? If you did what did they help you with. I want to ask for a few things but don't want to be a pain in the butt either.
We are in a deluxe room too and I didn't realize that it was at club level until just about a week ago when they called to ask if I had any ADR's I wanted to make.

These last couple of posts answered a lot of my questions about the snacks, and so forth. Thanks!

The Mau Ohana Me, DH, DD (12), DD(10), DS (6), DD (4)
Old 07-08-2008, 03:01 PM   #1544
Lou-Ann
DIS Veteran

That cobbler alone is a big benefit. We got some one night to go from Artists Point and sat on the porch with it. If i remember correctly, it was almost $18.00 with tax and tip.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:13 PM   #1545
MemoryMakers2669
Would rather have a sippy tag than the other kind
It is SUPER easy to get started in that

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPCShauna View Post
Just a reminder about CL offerings. The items placed out in the evening are considered appetizers. It is not the intention that they would be enough to be deemed dinner. When IPO sent me the offering list in my packet, they explained that the offerings could be reduced at any time. This has already happened at BWI and Poly due to the large volume of guests making meals out of the evening offerings.

That being said, morning offerings are billed as a "continental breakfast" but there is more than enough there for all but the heartiest eaters. Evening offerings can vary and many resorts are cutting back.
Considering you pay a good $100 or more per night to stay there, they are still making money. Plus who eats pork tenderloin and mac and cheese as an appetizer!? If WL wanted it treated that way, I seriously think they would reduce it to just those type items.

I did however see people eat plate after plate, then say they were off to dinner! For us, just a small plate was enough, especially once you added in the cobbler later on.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: