Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 10:35 PM   #1516
MemoryMakers2669
Would rather have a sippy tag than the other kind
It is SUPER easy to get started in that

Seating Area

Kids area

Standing in the same place, looking the other way

Looking over the edge
Old 07-07-2008, 11:02 PM   #1517
FunkyDuck
Fan of RAFA NADAL & DONALD!!

I had requested a courtyard view with bunk beds. Do I have to say that I want a SPECIFIC courtyard view facing Silver Springs/Pool. I thought I had read somewhere on here or another thread that Courtyard view could also mean facing the villas? Is that true? If I want to face the main courtyard...Silver Springs...how do I request that??? And also...is it possible or am I just dreaming...to get a comp upgrade to concierge???

WL-2008, CBR/CSR-2010...November is our favorite time to be at Disney!!This year...OKW 1 BR Villa!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2008, 11:04 PM   #1518
FunkyDuck
Fan of RAFA NADAL & DONALD!!

I guess the premium courtyard views are the Bear Face rooms...correct? Do I request it that way or do they call them something else?

WL-2008, CBR/CSR-2010...November is our favorite time to be at Disney!!This year...OKW 1 BR Villa!
Old 07-08-2008, 12:06 AM   #1519
wendylou922
Earning My Ears

Thank you

Thank you so much for such a great review. I am going to change my food order at garden grocer right now. I think you just saved me alot of money. I knew there was food but I was worried about how much and exactly what would be there. My biggest concern being breakfast. The pictures were great and just what I needed to ease my mind!!!!

me DH DD9 DS7 DS1

Old 07-08-2008, 12:45 AM   #1520
Timmbco
DIS Veteran

Memory Makers....

Thank you so much for the review and pics!!! I'm taking my husband for our 1st ever concierge stay and 1st ever Wilderness Lodge stay for our 20th (blissful ) Anniversary. I think he will be thrilled. I really appreciate the effort to show us all the details!
Old 07-08-2008, 12:47 AM   #1521
MemoryMakers2669
Would rather have a sippy tag than the other kind
It is SUPER easy to get started in that

Wendy, unless you need something very specific, there is no reason why you would need anything else at all! Maybe just drinks to carry into the parks, but that would be it. You can take any of the snacks back to your room. In fact, had I known I would have taken zip locks and gotten goldfish and pretzels to carry in my backpack for the parks for the kids.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:04 AM   #1522
earthelves
DIS Veteran

WOWZA Thanks For The Food Pictures Was The Food Quick At Being Replenished When It Started To Get Taken By The Guests So Enough For Everybody

Old 07-08-2008, 07:00 AM   #1523
Troop o' Goofs
"Inside every sophisticated grownup adult is a little kid just dying to get out." Walter Elias Disney

The cookies are awesome. I wish I had brought some home with us

The food offerings at CL were enough for my 3 kids for breakfast and snacks. I enjoyed the minestrone soup and cheese offerings. Nothing like having a glass of wine after a long day at the parks while looking over the lobby.

We would do CL again without hesitation.

Former Cast Member
DH, DW, DS10, DS8 & DD5
DisneyMoon 1997 WL & BW, WL 2007, DCL 2011

Old 07-08-2008, 07:12 AM   #1524
karenr766
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I am glad to see a new thread started. We are going to be staying at the WL for the first time May 29th through June 7th, 2008. I read through a lot of the other thread but there were sooo many pages. I am looking forward to reading the posts on the new thread.
You will love the WL. We stayed there for the first time last year. If the WL had monorail access, we would stay there every year. It is so relaxing to enter after a tough day at the parks. The lobby is just breathtaking. It looks like a giant Lincoln Log Old West lodge. We are going to stay at CR this year and are afraid that we will miss out on being immersed in the Disney experience. It just doesn't seem quite as well-themed as the other resorts. While at the WL you must try one meal at Whispering Canyon. They have really good food and milkshakes (all-you-care to drink shakes). It is a fun place to eat, especially if you get a fun server. We ate both breakfast and dinner and our servers were not quite into the tomfoolary. But it's fun to watch the servers who are. They have fun activities for children.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:12 AM   #1525
snoopywoodstockus
Mouseketeer

I had heard that Beer was available on CL too. Was that the case MM2669?

Thanks for posting all of the pictures, they are awesome. Hoping to stay on CL on our next trip.
2012 1st DVC BLT 9th Wedding Anniversary Trip , 2011 Purchasing DVC at BLT , 2010 POP Century Grand Gathering 2009 Wilderness Lodge 2008 Surprise WL Upgrade with Parents, Niece and Hubby 2007 Wilderness Lodge 2006 WDW CBR 2005 WDW ASM with Niece 2004 WDW Family trip Offsite 2004 DL Off site 2003 WDW Honeymoon Ramada Prior to 2003 - too many to mention
Old 07-08-2008, 08:20 AM   #1526
JPN4265
Don't ask the question, you may not like the answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenr766 View Post
You will love the WL. We stayed there for the first time last year. If the WL had monorail access, we would stay there every year. It is so relaxing to enter after a tough day at the parks. The lobby is just breathtaking. It looks like a giant Lincoln Log Old West lodge. We are going to stay at CR this year and are afraid that we will miss out on being immersed in the Disney experience. It just doesn't seem quite as well-themed as the other resorts. While at the WL you must try one meal at Whispering Canyon. They have really good food and milkshakes (all-you-care to drink shakes). It is a fun place to eat, especially if you get a fun server. We ate both breakfast and dinner and our servers were not quite into the tomfoolary. But it's fun to watch the servers who are. They have fun activities for children.
If the WL had monorail access, you could not afford it......
Old 07-08-2008, 08:22 AM   #1527
dizneykid
The Tag Fairy offers you pixie dust every day!!
Has a love bug named Dixie!
WL VET

Memory Maker,

Thanks for the review!! That's the Lodge CL for you.

Those bagels that you said were wheat are actually cinnamon sugar.

It's is amazing how much they put out at dinner time. I found out that the head chef at Artist Point actually finishes all the dishes, especially the cobbler and he HAS to inspect the food BEFORE it comes up to the floor.

Did you know that there is over $50.00 worth of berries on top of the cobbler!!!

Sad thing about Yacht Club CL, though. I have some friends that work the floor and found out that they are going to renovate the Club Level. I asked why they didn't have those little refrigerators like at the Lodge. Why would a Club Level just lay sodas and water on the table?? Also, they would put the puddings in a bowl of ice. So, I do know that they do want to fix it.

No excuse for the chair being in the hall way!!

Again, thanks for the review.

So this is love!
Jeanne Marcel Dixie Remy Jack
Old 07-08-2008, 08:23 AM   #1528
dizneykid
WL VET

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPN4265 View Post
If the WL had monorail access, you could not afford it......
Yep, I second that!!

So this is love!
Old 07-08-2008, 08:24 AM   #1529
dizneykid
WL VET

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopywoodstockus View Post
I had heard that Beer was available on CL too. Was that the case MM2669?

Thanks for posting all of the pictures, they are awesome. Hoping to stay on CL on our next trip.
Yes, there is beer on the CL. It is usually out at the 5pm "dinner" time when they put out the wine.

So this is love!
Old 07-08-2008, 08:28 AM   #1530
dizneykid
WL VET

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemoryMakers2669 View Post
Wendy, unless you need something very specific, there is no reason why you would need anything else at all! Maybe just drinks to carry into the parks, but that would be it. You can take any of the snacks back to your room. In fact, had I known I would have taken zip locks and gotten goldfish and pretzels to carry in my backpack for the parks for the kids.
Yes, we take zip lock bags all the time. Especially if we have left over or so, keeps things fresh in the fridge.

I do know that the last time we were up on the Club Level, they had carrying trays (the kind you see at MacDonalds). If you don't see them, just ask!!

Also another tip. When you go to the Lounge and you want to bring some goodies back to the room, use the tray that is under the ice bucket in your room. Works perfectly. I have seen so many moms trying to bring back drinks and cereal for the little ones so I usually tell them about the tray. I never feel funny about doing that!!

So this is love!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: