Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2009, 08:02 PM   #1
cindrelly4evr
How come Cinderella stole my Prince ?

Halloween at Disney (Looking for Ideas)

So we are heading down to Disney on October 30th and staying till the 4th of November We are all very excited as there are 15 of us going and I haven't been there with my son in over 2 1/2 years and my fiance hasn't been in over 20 years. Going to the MNSSHP on November 1st so trying to find out what is going on at the World on Halloween Night for all the kids to do. Any suggestions would be appreciated
cindrelly4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:17 PM   #2
disneyforme33
Mouseketeer

My family and I are going down the same exact dates as you are. I am also looking for Halloween ideas. Anyone?

disneyforme33 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2009, 09:06 PM   #3
djblu883
DIS Veteran

Halloween

Fort Wilderness is fun on Halloween!the campers all decorate BIG time and many have treats! Also the campfire and movie at the meadows is fun and smores packets are sold there.my DGD's fav thing to do is to have us rent a golf cart and ride around the Fort to see all the decorations. Also you can see the Fireworks at MK from the beach at the fort!!!there is also trick or treating at DTD!!!
Old 09-20-2009, 09:08 PM   #4
bobbiejell
Earning My Ears

I heard DTD is fun on the 31st
bobbiejell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:46 PM   #5
amyhumphrey
Earning My Ears

I also heard about dtd BEING FUN
amyhumphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:37 AM   #6
cait131
Earning My Ears

Yeah I would check out Downtown disney... I read on the moms panel the other day that there is trick or treating there on Oct 31st you can walk around to all the different stores and CM hand out candy.

May 23 - 28 Disneyland & Exploring California
cait131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:47 PM   #7
mybabesuz
DIS Veteran

FW for a movie and campfire...
mybabesuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:19 PM   #8
tluvstink
DIS Veteran

There is trick or treating at DTD but the crowds are crazy The lines for the candy were very long and after an hour my DDs decided it wasn't worth it. This was several years ago so it may be different now.

Have fun with what ever you decide to do

Terri
tluvstink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:52 PM   #9
cindrelly4evr
How come Cinderella stole my Prince ?

thanks for all the information. We are doing the Mickey's Backyard BBQ that night so we are really leaning towards staying right there at Fort Wilderness to let the kids do trick or treating, the bonfire and maybe watch the fireworks from the Magic Kingdom from there...
cindrelly4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:13 AM   #10
MinnieLee
DIS Veteran

This will be our lucky "13th" Halloween at WDW. Besides the MNSSHP, there is trick or treating at DTD (which does get crowded though). Also, there is story telling outside of the World of Disney store all day. They have a great display set up and you sit on the bales of hay and Brunhilda tells the stories. There is the haunted carriage ride at Fort Wilderness. It is $60 per carriage and besides seeing the great way the guests with the motor homes decorate, once you get into the deep part of the woods, it is the story of the Legend of Sleepy Hollow - with the headless horseman at the end.

You can go to the Boardwalk and there is a Halloween party on the green. DJ, games, face painting, cookies and "surprise guests". It starts around 5:00but check for the exact time. Little ones are in costumes and everyone is having a great time.

There is also a pumpkin carving contest held in the resorts. Different departments from that particular resort carve a pumpkin and the guests get to vote on them. Some of them are amazing. We stay at BCV at Halloween so we walk over to Yacht and Boardwalk. We also went over to AKL and there was an entire carved animal carousel inside the pumpkin. You vote on funniest scariest, best Disney pumpkin, etc.

Suitcases are out and we cannot wait! Halloween is our favorite time to go. Weather is great. Have fun!

MinnieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 06:07 AM   #11
ajwomic
Mouseketeer

Those are our dates too! Can anyone confirm if Epcot gives out candy. We plan to do Epcot that day and I thought I had heard you can trick or treat there.
Alicia
ajwomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:12 AM   #12
djblu883
DIS Veteran

Halloween

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajwomic View Post
Those are our dates too! Can anyone confirm if Epcot gives out candy. We plan to do Epcot that day and I thought I had heard you can trick or treat there.
Alicia
I haven't ever heard of Epcot doing Halloween!!! That is why they have MNSSHP.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:03 AM   #13
scot@dvcstore
Saratoga Springs Member

DISboards Approved Advertiser

DTD sounds awesome. Lots of variety for the kids and adults. All vendors will have treats for the kids with Halloween bags. Have agreat time.
scot@dvcstore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 07:21 AM   #14
Karenhac
Earning My Ears

We went last halloween to DTD and it was a zoo. Lines for one peice of candy were awful. We were there for maybe 15 minutes and decided to leave.
Karenhac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 08:35 AM   #15
disneyforme33
Mouseketeer

The Boardwalk party sounds like fun. How can I find out more information of that? We will be staying at the Beach Club. I thought about doing DTD but we are really not inot huge crowds for candy. My kids are older so we are really just looking for something fun to do. I may pack up some goody bags for them and bring with us.

disneyforme33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: