Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2008, 09:03 PM   #91
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Ah, thanks Sharky! That does sound yummy!
Old 02-12-2008, 09:18 PM   #92
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Ah, thanks Sharky! That does sound yummy!
Anytime!!

I am not one for vegetables, and even I loved it.. It was so fresh, never knew vegetables could be good
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2008, 07:48 AM   #93
lovebuzzandwoody
DIS Veteran

Sharky to the rescue with the menu!

I just wanted to add that we had flank steak but it didn't have mushrooms... guess they've changed it a bit. What we had was good though. The hashbrown casserole was delish! We tried the catfish... it was okay... I had never had it before and I do like lots of kinds of fish but I probably wouldn't go out of my way to have that again. I enjoyed an especially yummy glass of Pinot Grigio. My kids enjoyed all their food too... it was normal Disney kids fare. The special dessert for kids is a decorate your own cupcake... that was a big hit!

Old 02-13-2008, 09:22 AM   #94
lpol
Earning My Ears

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Anytime!!

I am not one for vegetables, and even I loved it.. It was so fresh, never knew vegetables could be good

Thanks for all of the tips Trentmom and Marshay. This will give me a few options when I go to book them. We know we are going to be much more easy going this trip b/c DD is so young.

We will only go to one park a day, etc. And probably take a break in the afternoon and go back to the condo for a nap. We know that we will be going back in a few years so we don't mind 'doing it all' this time around. I just want to make sure I have the park days planned according to hours they are opened, skipping the park when they have the EMH (since we are not staying onsite and can't take part of this). My thinking is the park with the EMH is probably the most crowded park on that day.

Also- yes I do have to pick up my LGMH from Home Depot and get decorating! Marshay- you have such great craft ideas!
Old 02-13-2008, 02:48 PM   #95
Trentmom
Has a high Poodar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpol View Post
Thanks for all of the tips Trentmom and Marshay. This will give me a few options when I go to book them. We know we are going to be much more easy going this trip b/c DD is so young.

We will only go to one park a day, etc. And probably take a break in the afternoon and go back to the condo for a nap. We know that we will be going back in a few years so we don't mind 'doing it all' this time around. I just want to make sure I have the park days planned according to hours they are opened, skipping the park when they have the EMH (since we are not staying onsite and can't take part of this). My thinking is the park with the EMH is probably the most crowded park on that day.

Also- yes I do have to pick up my LGMH from Home Depot and get decorating! Marshay- you have such great craft ideas!
You are most welcome!!

Since your, I am forgetting now, you have a DD right?, who is 18 months, I would recommend Liberty Tree Tavern, too.

It is a nice relaxing character meal, not too overtop, so should not overwhelm your child
Old 02-13-2008, 02:51 PM   #96
Trentmom
Has a high Poodar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebuzzandwoody View Post
Sharky to the rescue with the menu!

I just wanted to add that we had flank steak but it didn't have mushrooms... guess they've changed it a bit. What we had was good though. The hashbrown casserole was delish! We tried the catfish... it was okay... I had never had it before and I do like lots of kinds of fish but I probably wouldn't go out of my way to have that again. I enjoyed an especially yummy glass of Pinot Grigio. My kids enjoyed all their food too... it was normal Disney kids fare. The special dessert for kids is a decorate your own cupcake... that was a big hit!
Thank You, Thank You

Yes, the cupcake dessert was great as well
Old 02-14-2008, 02:33 PM   #97
OrangeBlossom15
DIS Veteran

I'm here Marshay. Can't wait to see your crafts and hear more plans!
Old 02-14-2008, 03:02 PM   #98
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Went to doctor today and DD has the flu .. temp was 104.9 degrees!!! YIKES! Now, of course, I'm starting to get the symptoms ... guess it has something to do with your DD coughing in your face, slobbering over you, etc. Poor thing!
Old 02-14-2008, 03:04 PM   #99
KimmyDisneyNerd
Pouting for tags doesn't work

Quote:
Went to doctor today and DD has the flu .. temp was 104.9 degrees!!! YIKES! Now, of course, I'm starting to get the symptoms ... guess it has something to do with your DD coughing in your face, slobbering over you, etc. Poor thing!
Yikes! Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you all feel better soon.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:09 PM   #100
lovebuzzandwoody
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh no! It's awful! My friend had it last week and she was so miserable. She sent me an e-mail to tell me she was dying and she thought it was only right to let me know.

I've heard great stuff about Tamiflu if you get it soon enough ~ something to think about! I think they will give it to you in the first 48 hours.

Old 02-14-2008, 03:14 PM   #101
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyDisneyNerd View Post
Yikes! Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you all feel better soon.
Quote:
Oh no! It's awful! My friend had it last week and she was so miserable. She sent me an e-mail to tell me she was dying and she thought it was only right to let me know.

I've heard great stuff about Tamiflu if you get it soon enough ~ something to think about! I think they will give it to you in the first 48 hours.
thanks for the well-wishes...Yes, Doc gave me Tamiflu for DD. I'm hoping it works. I know nothing about it.

So is it for adults too?

Also, Doc said that for children she isn't worried about a fever until it reaches 108 degrees!!! Does that sound whack to you???

This is our first child so I'm not familiar with flu/fevers in kids. Doc said for adults they are concerned at 103 and higher but it takes a lot more for kids temps.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:19 PM   #102
lovebuzzandwoody
DIS Veteran

Yes, tamiflu is for adults too. My friend is a drug rep for it... she swears by it.

If my kid had a temp of 108 and I'd be in the ER! Just keep her hydrated... they can dehydrate so much more quickly than we can. Poor baby... I hope the tamiflu helps keep it from getting really bad.

Old 02-14-2008, 03:23 PM   #103
Marshay

Quote:
Yes, tamiflu is for adults too. My friend is a drug rep for it... she swears by it.

If my kid had a temp of 108 and I'd be in the ER! Just keep her hydrated... they can dehydrate so much more quickly than we can. Poor baby... I hope the tamiflu helps keep it from getting really bad.
thanks -- yeah, this is really the first time DD has been sick -- can't complain since it's been over 2.5 years before her first flu. She's enjoying her "teddy bear juice" (Pediacare or Pedialyte...whichever one has the teddy bear on it).

I tried that stuff and it's gross - so syrupy!
Old 02-14-2008, 03:24 PM   #104
KimmyDisneyNerd
Pouting for tags doesn't work

Quote:

Also, Doc said that for children she isn't worried about a fever until it reaches 108 degrees!!! Does that sound whack to you???

This is our first child so I'm not familiar with flu/fevers in kids. Doc said for adults they are concerned at 103 and higher but it takes a lot more for kids temps.
108!! That's insane! I don't think many people have had a temp of 108 and have lived to talk about it!
Old 02-14-2008, 03:27 PM   #105
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyDisneyNerd View Post
108!! That's insane! I don't think many people have had a temp of 108 and have lived to talk about it!
Yeah, I agree! But she said that for adults that would translate to around 103... We'll see how the meds work and hope the fever comes down in the next day or so...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: