Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2008, 12:23 PM   #751
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Thanks guys for the well-wishes...had the egg retrieval today so feeling a bit out of it until the anesthesia and cramping wears off.

Anyway, we got 22 eggs!!!

The nurse will call back tomorrow to let us know how many survived today. Then they grow for 2-5 days and the healthiest one(s) go back in.

Part of me can't believe it's really happening already!
Wow, that is a lot and awesome!!!

Hope you are feeling better today
Old 06-29-2008, 03:44 PM   #752
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Thanks again everyone for your thoughts and prayers...today I started feeling really good but then went to a birthday party and got there...DD was upset since we had to leave before the cake but I was

Hopefully this is just a part of the recovery and not something more serious. I need to monitor my symptoms since OHSS (Ovarian Hyper Stimulation Syndrome) can be anywhere from mild (nauseous) to severe (hospitalization).

The good news:

22 eggs
11 mature (cellular development is good and large size)
6 ferlized through ICSI (lab had to inject sperm directly into the egg since they wouldn't go on their own -- now we know what our infertility issue was)

We'll get an update tomorrow, but the nurse said that we are looking really good with 6 fertilized eggs -- all we need is one to make it to the end!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2008, 04:04 PM   #753
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Oh, forgot to mention the potty training.

Today after the party, we did "no more diapers; no more pull-ups" and so far have had 2 accidents, 0 successes.

I'm hoping to provide an update on our WDW trip later this evening!
Old 06-29-2008, 04:12 PM   #754
Trentmom
Has a high Poodar

Quote:
Thanks again everyone for your thoughts and prayers...today I started feeling really good but then went to a birthday party and got there...DD was upset since we had to leave before the cake but I was

Hopefully this is just a part of the recovery and not something more serious. I need to monitor my symptoms since OHSS (Ovarian Hyper Stimulation Syndrome) can be anywhere from mild (nauseous) to severe (hospitalization).

The good news:

22 eggs
6 ferlized through ICSI (lab had to inject sperm directly into the egg since they wouldn't go on their own -- now we know what our infertility issue was)

We'll get an update tomorrow, but the nurse said that we are looking really good with 6 fertilized eggs -- all we need is one to make it to the end!
sorry you are not feeling well

Oh wow, sounds like you got great news on eggs

Will be sending good vibes your way

Quote:

Today after the party, we did "no more diapers; no more pull-ups" and so far have had 2 accidents, 0 successes.

Did you do bare bottom?

Maybe her bladder is not ready yet?

Maybe wait a few more weeks
Old 06-29-2008, 06:37 PM   #755
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Did you do bare bottom?

Maybe her bladder is not ready yet?

Maybe wait a few more weeks
Well, a ray of light happened this evening after dinner. She started to go in her underwear, started crying about it, so we told her she can finish on the potty, so she stopped and went the rest of the way on the potty!!

a small step!!!
Old 06-29-2008, 06:44 PM   #756
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:

The good news:

22 eggs

It sounds promising. I think God is hearing us. I'll remind him again tonight for good measure.
Quote:
Well, a ray of light happened this evening after dinner. She started to go in her underwear, started crying about it, so we told her she can finish on the potty, so she stopped and went the rest of the way on the potty!!

a small step!!!

That's a wonderful small victory for you and her because she was able to control it enough to stop. What a big girl she is.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:46 PM   #757
Trentmom
Has a high Poodar

Quote:

a small step!!!
That is great!!!!!

She is on her way
Old 06-29-2008, 08:05 PM   #758
Marshay

Chap 5 - Meeting Dissers!

So our next ride is Pirates. Since my mom and our friend Justin have foot issues, their doctor gave them a special note allowing them to get a Guest Assistance Card in the park. This card allows them to get on a ride in the least obstructive manner. At Pirates, this means going backstage!

While we waited f-o-r-e-v-e-r-, look who sprinted past us!

Group picture!

Finally, they came to let us ride and while we were backstage, my DH takes some pics. We didn't know you weren't allowed to do so and immediately stopped when they told us to...but meantime, here's a special sneak peak backstage at PotC!! I'll keep these up here unless I'm told to take them down.

Nice to know they have a backup evacuation plan

Not too glamous, huh?

At this point we are hungry so we head over to Pecos Bills for lunch. I haven't ever eaten here before but I highly recommend it. The atmosphere is very carribean/mexican. Someone came up to me and saw my LGMH on my bag and came to say hello.

It's Chevynet and WDW4ever

I had posted briefly with them on someone else' TR.

Don't ya want to be here right now?

A quick stop to see the Country Bears and then on to the Haunted Mansion. DD was absolutely fine with this ride!!

So I had the CM from China at the HM sign my book (on the "H" page). She asked if she could write in Chinese and I said 'of course' and then asked for an interpretation (many blessings to your daughter).

And then someone called out to me -- who could it be??

This is MizDiz and her simply adorable little girl! Wow!! I got to meet a famous Disser!!

DH, DD and I getting pics in MK

We decided to have some fun with this pic

I thought putting Goofy on this pic was appropriate!

DD really liked these little Disney statues. She wanted her picture taken with every one of them.

For Donald Duck we told her to watch out, because he bites! Here is the set up -- go ahead, put your hand in his mouth...

Ouch! Hee Hee

She got a real kick out of that and was giggling away

Then it was back to the monorail to Epcot. Sharkey do you or your DH know this guy? He said he's worked the monorails for 25 years and his name is Thurman.

Since the monorail goes through Epcot, I started pointed out the buildings with Test Track, Soarin, Spaceship Earth and Nemo and DD says she wants to ride them all again! Woo Hoo!!! My DD likes the "wilder" rides -- TT/Soarin.

We got lots of compliments on our Mickey shirts and I was so glad I made a shirt with a v-neck and lace -- it not only was prettier than a regular t-shirt but it was a lot cooler, too.

However, by wearing the tie dye Mickey shirt and having the LGMH on my bag, I was getting lots of visibility. Is there anything wrong with that? Not really, except it makes me be on my best behaviour b/c I never know when someone will come up to me to say hello!

You know, we all have those moments where I (start) to lose it -- either with DH or DD or with the kid in Heeleys jumping in line in front of me! So now I feel like I'm "on-stage" a bit (which is probably a good thing to keep my calmer)

We got back late from MK so only napped at 4pm. I tried to reschedule our dinner time for Spoodles but couldn't. Poor DD was so tired that she slept in her car seat and stroller along the way.

Spoodles was good. I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there again but I had a very good meal. Everyone in our group got the Red Snapper but I got the pasta with Lemon Garlic Shrimp which was extremely tasty. I let everyone try it and they all agreed that the shrimp dish is the best. They had great bread you could dip in olive oil and wonderful Baklava for dessert.

Then we drove back to Beach Club and went to SAB to go swimming. My parents were going to swim with us but on the boat ride back to BCV they got DREAMED. They won a free Illuminations Cruise and said it was fantastic!

After swimming, we were in bed by 11pm.

Last edited by Marshay; 06-29-2008 at 09:25 PM.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:16 PM   #759
Trentmom
Has a high Poodar

Old 06-29-2008, 08:17 PM   #760
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Old 06-29-2008, 09:40 PM   #761
Marshay

Almost forgot about "tomorrow's" quiz.

We go to Animal Kingdom.

1) Lunch is CS at Andapour Trading Company and we are there for over one hour...why?
a) Service was super slow and we couldn't find a seat anywhere
b) Food was terrific and we ate every last drop
c) It was a nice relaxing atmosphere

2) DD has her first true Disney Food Experience here -- will become a tradition at AK (or WDW in general) going forward. What is it?

3) DD meets with Minnie Mouse but ends in hysterical tears -- what happened?
a) Minnie tried to give DD a hug and knocked her in the face
b) Minnie left in a hurry
c) Minnie's head came off
d) Minnie tripped and fell

4) I get 3 hours all to myself -- no DH, no DD. What do I do?
Old 06-29-2008, 09:49 PM   #762
Tat2ddisneymom
Will have to keep the husband
Had to pee in a cup
As Captain Jack, he's just smokin'

Quote:

The good news:

22 eggs

Sorry you got sick. Maybe God is just preparing you for the morning sickness that will ensue soon.

At least you know what the problem was now! Stupid spermies!

I think we'll have all six make it!
Quote:

She'll get it sooner than you think!
Quote:

a small step!!!
Awesome! What a big girl!
Old 06-29-2008, 09:59 PM   #763
Tat2ddisneymom
Will have to keep the husband
Had to pee in a cup
As Captain Jack, he's just smokin'

I'm loving your updates and all the pictures you put in them. Thanks for putting up the pics of the backstage area.

Wow, you really got to meet a lot of DISers! That's really cool! Too bad you had to be on good behavior. I find it hard to restrain myself sometimes, and whatever flies out of my mouth just does. I'm sure I've offended a lot of people at one time or another.

I think I might have to try Spoodles sometime. I love bread dipped in olive oil!

OMG, an Illuminations cruise???? That would be so awesome! I'm glad they enjoyed it!
Quote:

We go to Animal Kingdom.

1) Lunch is CS at Andapour Trading Company and we are there for over one hour...why?

2) DD has her first true Disney Food Experience here -- will become a tradition at AK (or WDW in general) going forward. What is it?

A

She had her first Mickey bar?

B

You went souvenir shopping for the entire family.

Close?
Old 06-29-2008, 11:15 PM   #764
Goofyluver
Knock Knock
edited to make myself look better!rrrrrrrooooooowwwwwwwrrrrr
...pssst pssst...
toilet paper is dangerous

Quote:

The good news:

22 eggs

Wooooohoooooty! And I'll be prayin' for you hon!

Quote:

We go to Animal Kingdom.

OK...I'll answer the ?s first...

1. a (I'm in a pessimistic mood)
2. I'm tied...either a Mickey Bar or a turkey leg???
3. b
4. You shop...of course!

As for your update...you got to meet MizDiz???

Lucky duck!

And you got to meet several dissers!

Even luckier duck!
And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
It will be in the valley of love and delight.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:36 AM   #765
Trentmom
Has a high Poodar

Great update!!!

How cool you got to meet two disers and one of them being MizDiz

I love the pic you and Dh being goofy

Great group shot

Score on getting some backstage shots

that is so awesome your parents got dreamed, too bad you were not with them

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: