Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2008, 07:51 PM   #46
FHS_chick_2005
Too busy to even think!
I am in love with my Butthead
I will go sulk now and suck rocks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Hey, we have room for one more on the bed with DD! But I think Steph has already claimed that spot!

On another note, this morning in my email I get something from Southwest airlines about their new nationwide sale. Crappola! I just bought my tickets last night and was in a dilemma about that.

So I use the link to see what special SW had ... and ... it's actually the same sale that I bought my tickets with last night! They must have changed the prices yesterday sometime but didn't announce it until this morning! So I lucked out and got my tickets before the advertised sale!!
I did!! I'll squeeze the heck outta your DD all night!
Trentmom says I am Beavis because my HUSBAND is a Butthead!!

Old 02-05-2008, 08:01 PM   #47
LivingtheWDWdream
Dreamin of Disney!

I'm drooling over your ADR's such great choices!!!!!

Sounds like a great trip is shaping up!

We arrive on the 12th of May so make sure you take good care of WDW for us!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2008, 08:05 PM   #48
Disneymommom
THE REAL DIS MAMA
This is a"Nice Cheap gift from Sharky"

Quote:
Hey, we have room for one more on the bed with DD! But I think Steph has already claimed that spot!

On another note, this morning in my email I get something from Southwest airlines about their new nationwide sale. Crappola! I just bought my tickets last night and was in a dilemma about that.

So I use the link to see what special SW had ... and ... it's actually the same sale that I bought my tickets with last night! They must have changed the prices yesterday sometime but didn't announce it until this morning! So I lucked out and got my tickets before the advertised sale!!
Well DD is little so maybe DD, Steph and I can all share the bed, lol. I lie very still and am very used to only having a little bit of space in bed!

Wow I would have been in a panic about the tickets too. I'm so glad you ended up getting the sale price a day early. Now at least you know you did well and you have that taken care of.

I'm afraid to use Priceline. I always heard you can not pick your hotels, they pick them for you and you have to accept and pay before you know what you got.

(1 Christmas Item Left for Good Luck)
Old 02-05-2008, 08:07 PM   #49
FHS_chick_2005
Too busy to even think!
I am in love with my Butthead
I will go sulk now and suck rocks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymommom View Post
Well DD is little so maybe DD, Steph and I can all share the bed, lol. I lie very still and am very used to only having a little bit of space in bed!

Wow I would have been in a panic about the tickets too. I'm so glad you ended up getting the sale price a day early. Now at least you know you did well and you have that taken care of.

I'm afraid to use Priceline. I always heard you can not pick your hotels, they pick them for you and you have to accept and pay before you know what you got.
im a fatty tho.. and I wiggle.. DD may wake up likea pancake..
Trentmom says I am Beavis because my HUSBAND is a Butthead!!

Old 02-05-2008, 09:42 PM   #50
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
You always have such good ideas marshay, I hope you don't mind if we steal a few for our disney camping trip in Oct. We want to put a sign out and a pad and pen for people to make comments and we are going to try to make iron on transfers for tee shirts, we hope to make up our LGMH with the googly eyes as well and punch little holes in the top and put them on small rings or chains to hang off our purses, back packs, etc.
Sounds great! However, let me suggest that you put the LGMHs in ziploc bags so they don't get wet (rides, rain, spilled drink). I tried to laminate mine but it doesn't work with the googly eyes.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:45 PM   #51
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingtheWDWdream View Post
I'm drooling over your ADR's such great choices!!!!!

Sounds like a great trip is shaping up!

We arrive on the 12th of May so make sure you take good care of WDW for us!
WELCOME!!

Bummer we won't be there at the same time! We were really debating about when to go in May. I knew I just didn't want to arrive or leave on Mom's Day.

Have you eaten at any of my new ones? I'm really curious how they will be, esp Coral Reef, Grand Floridian and Spoodles.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:54 PM   #52
Marshay

Quote:
Yes, that is true. I've used Priceline for hotels probably 7 or 8 times now and I honestly never had a bad place. You just have to be flexible and realize that you are saving money in exchange for picking exact location.

A few years ago (pre-DD), my girlfriend and I did a trip to WDW and used Priceline and then DH and I did Priceline again 2 more times. We ended up paying $28, $30 and $32/night for a La Quinta, Holiday Inn and a Comfort Inn on International Drive during spring seasons. I was completely thrilled.

Then last year we got the Best Western for $45/night right across from DTD.

The only thing I don't yet feel comfortable with Priceline on is the airlines or rental cars since you cannot pick your times (I choose to arrive early and stay as late as possible on check-out day) and I only want a rental car "on-airport". The one time we got a slightly cheaper rental car but it was off-terminal so we wasted about an hour with transfers, lugging our gear, etc. It wasn't worth saving $15.

Anyway, I like Priceline but admit I also like the "thrill" of chasing a bargain!
Old 02-05-2008, 09:55 PM   #53
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHS_chick_2005 View Post
nah, she likes to snuggle with her teddy bears so she'll just think you are a big teddy bear!
Old 02-06-2008, 02:13 PM   #54
lovebuzzandwoody
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sounds great! However, let me suggest that you put the LGMHs in ziploc bags so they don't get wet (rides, rain, spilled drink). I tried to laminate mine but it doesn't work with the googly eyes.
Just an idea... what if you laminated the LGMH and then hot glued on the googly eyes?

Old 02-06-2008, 02:31 PM   #55
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebuzzandwoody View Post
Just an idea... what if you laminated the LGMH and then hot glued on the googly eyes?
That would probably work!
Old 02-06-2008, 02:43 PM   #56
Disneymommom
THE REAL DIS MAMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHS_chick_2005 View Post
I'll pull her over close on my side, LOL!

Old 02-06-2008, 02:48 PM   #57
Disneymommom
THE REAL DIS MAMA

Quote:
Did you cut yours out or just leave them on the little squares they come on at Home Depot? The ziploc bag is a good idea too! I was thinking of a hole punch or even a little machine that I can put those little metal grommets in so that the cain we put through them won't rip it, and we can hang a bunch off of a big ring and then give them away by unhooking the chain. What do you think? Is there a machine or a press thing you can put those little metal circles into to secure them to the LGMHs?

Old 02-06-2008, 02:51 PM   #58
Disneymommom
THE REAL DIS MAMA

Quote:
Yes, that is true. I've used Priceline for hotels probably 7 or 8 times now and I honestly never had a bad place. You just have to be flexible and realize that you are saving money in exchange for picking exact location.

A few years ago (pre-DD), my girlfriend and I did a trip to WDW and used Priceline and then DH and I did Priceline again 2 more times. We ended up paying $28, $30 and $32/night for a La Quinta, Holiday Inn and a Comfort Inn on International Drive during spring seasons. I was completely thrilled.

Then last year we got the Best Western for $45/night right across from DTD.

The only thing I don't yet feel comfortable with Priceline on is the airlines or rental cars since you cannot pick your times (I choose to arrive early and stay as late as possible on check-out day) and I only want a rental car "on-airport". The one time we got a slightly cheaper rental car but it was off-terminal so we wasted about an hour with transfers, lugging our gear, etc. It wasn't worth saving $15.

Anyway, I like Priceline but admit I also like the "thrill" of chasing a bargain!
I would trust Priceline but my DH won't, he doesn't think you'll get a good place in a good neighborhood. I wanted to do that when we went to Las Vegas and he wouldn't hear of it. I did it once a long time ago and got a beautiful 4 star hotel for like $49 a night somewhere. He just doesn't believe it. I am with you, though, I would not use them for a plane as I want to pick my day of departure and the time I leave and arrive and same for my return trip!

Old 02-06-2008, 02:54 PM   #59
Disneymommom
THE REAL DIS MAMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebuzzandwoody View Post
I did think of that but don't know where to get them laminated that isn't too expensive. I used to work somewhere that I had control of the laminating machine and was the only one allowed to use the machine so that would have been perfect. I wish I knew where I could get them laminated now, I'd decorate them with our DIS names and then get them laminated and then glue on the googly eyes!

Old 02-06-2008, 02:55 PM   #60
Marshay

Quote:
Did you cut yours out or just leave them on the little squares they come on at Home Depot? The ziploc bag is a good idea too! I was thinking of a hole punch or even a little machine that I can put those little metal grommets in so that the cain we put through them won't rip it, and we can hang a bunch off of a big ring and then give them away by unhooking the chain. What do you think? Is there a machine or a press thing you can put those little metal circles into to secure them to the LGMHs?
Go to any crafts store (micheals, ac moore) and they have a tool to do the grommets. However, you may just be overthinking this.

The ones that I had attached to my Baggalini and stroller definitely experienced wear and tear and rain (and those were laminated!) or got lost altogether. Remember anything dangling is subject to getting caught in bushes, people's clothing, walkways, etc. If you attach to stroller or purses, then plan for a new one at least every day if not more than one a day.

I just kept mine right on the square -- just because it was easier that way and in a ziploc bag in my diaper bag.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: