Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2008, 08:25 PM   #31
misscmac
Mouseketeer

Subscribing! I was so excited to see a May Pre-Trip report because I am going in May as well (and I guess I should get started on a Pre-Trippie )!

I ate at the Hollywood & Vine in My 2006 for dinner (Fantasmic Dinner Package) and the food was very good - no characters at dinner though!

Looking forward to hearing more!
Old 02-04-2008, 09:27 PM   #32
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tat2ddisneymom View Post
Le Cellier sounds great. I've never been there, but I really want to go.

Akershus - YUCK! We had bad food and bad service there, but good princess interaction. We didn't have the "drive by." Watch out for Jasmine. She's a hottie. Your hubby will like her a lot.

I've never been to any of the other places, either. I actually canceled a reservation at the Grand Floridian Cafe and replaced it with a reservation for Whispering Canyon Cafe. I've heard bad things about San Angel and I've heard good things about it. I guess it depends on how much you like Mexican food.
Yeah, I can see how Jasmine would appeal to DH! Sorry to hear you didn't have good food/service...I also just read that they are increasing the cost but adding a photo included with the meal...they also took a credit card for my ressie in case we cancel less than 48 hrs...This one is having some pressure put on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post

Costume characters.....
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
I'm not famous.........can I still join the fun?
Hey, welcome!! You can become famous on here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscmac View Post
Subscribing! I was so excited to see a May Pre-Trip report because I am going in May as well (and I guess I should get started on a Pre-Trippie )!

I ate at the Hollywood & Vine in My 2006 for dinner (Fantasmic Dinner Package) and the food was very good - no characters at dinner though!

Looking forward to hearing more!
Definitely send me the link for your PTR when you do it. I was surprised there weren't many May PTR -- or at least not ones that were easily identified as May. I like to include the month right in the title so other May folks know and I can start looking out for other DISsers in the park!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2008, 11:15 PM   #33
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Awhhhh!

I just went to SW to check their prices and they have roundtrip for $129 total. In Sept we paid $118 total ... I realize May is more popular travel month than Sept and gas prices are expected to go higher...

Dilemma, dilemma, should I buy now or wait for it to go lower yet? About 2 weeks ago it was $145 so it's definitely coming down...

ADDED

Ok, I checked out some other sites and decided that I would go ahead and book with SW. So at least I can say the flight is now done. Just need to start pricelining a hotel or wait for AP discount now for our first night...

Last edited by Marshay; 02-04-2008 at 11:32 PM.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:40 PM   #34
jenna
DIS Veteran

Your ADR's look great, Marshay!

Some I can't comment on b/c I've never been to them but I LOVE Le Cellier!!!! Glad you get to go twice!!!

As for San Angel Inn, it is one of my favorites. I love the atmosphere! All of the meals I've had there have been delish, but Taco Bell is about the extent of my Mexican food to compare it with. We had a table next to the water once and the kids loved waving to the people sailing by. I think your DD would love that too.

As for Coral Reef, I'll put in the disclaimer that I don't like seafood. We had a table waaaay in the back so we didn't get a good view of the tanks. I ordered a steak, but it is no Le Cellier! My husband and kids liked their meals (all seafood), but I don't remember what they ordered. It's not high on my list, but like I said, seafood is not for me!

Akershus- we did the princess dinner on our last trip in September. The princess interaction was good. We didn't feel it was a rush and go. My husband liked Jasmine, but he really liked Ariel. Two of the princesses even insisted on getting pictures with our boys, much to their dismay. We enjoyed the meal, and even recently found some of the cheese that they served on their cold board in one of our grocery stores. The kids wanted to buy it b/c they enjoyed it then.

The only I haven't tried but I've heard good things about Spoodles! And I can't wait to hear about Yak and Yeti.

Married in WDW at the Wedding Pavilion- May 22, 1996
Old 02-04-2008, 11:56 PM   #35
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna View Post
Your ADR's look great, Marshay!

Some I can't comment on b/c I've never been to them but I LOVE Le Cellier!!!! Glad you get to go twice!!!

As for San Angel Inn, it is one of my favorites. I love the atmosphere! All of the meals I've had there have been delish, but Taco Bell is about the extent of my Mexican food to compare it with. We had a table next to the water once and the kids loved waving to the people sailing by. I think your DD would love that too.

As for Coral Reef, I'll put in the disclaimer that I don't like seafood. We had a table waaaay in the back so we didn't get a good view of the tanks. I ordered a steak, but it is no Le Cellier! My husband and kids liked their meals (all seafood), but I don't remember what they ordered. It's not high on my list, but like I said, seafood is not for me!

Akershus- we did the princess dinner on our last trip in September. The princess interaction was good. We didn't feel it was a rush and go. My husband liked Jasmine, but he really liked Ariel. Two of the princesses even insisted on getting pictures with our boys, much to their dismay. We enjoyed the meal, and even recently found some of the cheese that they served on their cold board in one of our grocery stores. The kids wanted to buy it b/c they enjoyed it then.

The only I haven't tried but I've heard good things about Spoodles! And I can't wait to hear about Yak and Yeti.

Yeah, I really tried to pick some new places this time -- didn't realize until just today when I was writing them up that 6 are new!

Glad to hear you like SAI. I, too, like Taco Bell so I should like Epcot's Americanized Mexican food there too! And I guess if DD gets antsy one of us could always step out and take her on the boat -- she'd get a kick out of waving to the other at the table!

For Coral Reef, does anyone remember what they got? I figure if you can still remember what you ate a place months ago, it must be really good or really bad.

Oh, so now I have to watch out for both Jasmine and Ariel!!! Here I thought I was just going to see them in their ballgown dresses!

Oh, please post the pic of your 2 sons with the princesses -- or any other pictures from Akershus (or SAI or Coral Reef).

Spoodles was mainly picked b/c it's on the boardwalk and not a 2 TS meal. But I also thought Italian would mix things up a bit.

My, I'm hungry just thinking about all this food!
Old 02-05-2008, 12:57 AM   #36
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

I'm not the one you asked, but my boys didn't mind the princess breakfast at all!

Old 02-05-2008, 01:10 AM   #37
jenna
DIS Veteran

Love that pic Winkers!!!

I will try to post some pics tomorrow Marshay. ( I really should be in bed right now. ) I know one of the things that my DH had at Coral Reef was Lobster Soup. He really liked it. I'll ask tomorrow what else he ate.

Married in WDW at the Wedding Pavilion- May 22, 1996
Old 02-05-2008, 08:17 AM   #38
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
I'm not the one you asked, but my boys didn't mind the princess breakfast at all!

OH MY GOSH!!!! That picture is incredible -- thanks for posting!!! I esp like the expression on the little guy left front!!! I think he really liked Jasmine!!!
Old 02-05-2008, 10:05 AM   #39
Marshay

free Family Fun Magazine Subscription

Go to this for more info:

http://72.32.183.43/cgi-bin/birthday...lub/myinfo.cgi
Old 02-05-2008, 03:11 PM   #40
KimmyDisneyNerd
Pouting for tags doesn't work

I'm here I'm here.
Haven't read a lot yet, but I will catch up eventually.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:31 PM   #41
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyDisneyNerd View Post
I'm here I'm here.
Haven't read a lot yet, but I will catch up eventually.
Welcome Kimmy!
Old 02-05-2008, 05:36 PM   #42
Disneymommom
THE REAL DIS MAMA
This is a"Nice Cheap gift from Sharky"

Queen Mom MOm is in the house! Can't wait to get started Marshay. Am at work, shhhhh, but wanted to join now and will read when I get home!!!! Wow May, I have to start my breathing exercises so I can survive in your luggage for the trip there!!!!

(1 Christmas Item Left for Good Luck)
Old 02-05-2008, 05:58 PM   #43
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymommom View Post
Queen Mom MOm is in the house! Can't wait to get started Marshay. Am at work, shhhhh, but wanted to join now and will read when I get home!!!! Wow May, I have to start my breathing exercises so I can survive in your luggage for the trip there!!!!
Hey, we have room for one more on the bed with DD! But I think Steph has already claimed that spot!

On another note, this morning in my email I get something from Southwest airlines about their new nationwide sale. Crappola! I just bought my tickets last night and was in a dilemma about that.

So I use the link to see what special SW had ... and ... it's actually the same sale that I bought my tickets with last night! They must have changed the prices yesterday sometime but didn't announce it until this morning! So I lucked out and got my tickets before the advertised sale!!
Old 02-05-2008, 08:45 PM   #44
Disneymommom
THE REAL DIS MAMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Hello! We are a family of three going back to BCV May 3-12. Come along on my PTR -- share your thoughts, see my crafts and have some fun!

We are going during the Flower and Garden show and both DH and I love plants & flowers so we are excited to stop and smell the roses along the way!

Since purchasing DVC a year ago, our planning for Disney has been so much easier -- we love having our own room and one for DD in our 1BR villa, plus kitchen, dining table, sofa/chairs, w/d. And of course, it's a wonderful treat not having to pay for a room each year!

So as I'm excitedly waiting our trip, it just seems like everything is coming up roses for us!

==============
I guess a second title would be, "Two by Two", since this trip will have a lot of "seconds" for us.

It's our 2nd DVC stay

My 2nd time at the Flower and Garden Show.

My 2 yo will be so much more into Disney this time.

This is our 2nd time to go with my parents. (Don't you just love DD's "animal" face?)

We are eating 2 times at Le Cellier since we liked it so much our past 2 times we ate there.

We'll do the Photopass again (#2) this time and I hope to reserve the GF Photosession again (#2).

And who knows? maybe we'll be blessed with getting pregnant between now and then with baby #2.
Maybe you'll get some magical pixie dust sprinkled on you there and end up getting pregnant at Disney! That would be one heck of a Disney souvenir!!!!

Old 02-05-2008, 08:49 PM   #45
Disneymommom
THE REAL DIS MAMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Originally we were going to go back to WDW in September. We went in 2007 and really loved the low crowds and Toddler Magic Hour in MK. We also bought annual passes b/c we knew we wanted to go again in 2008.

At the same time, we are trying for kid #2 and needed to plan our vacation so I wouldn't be 7-9 months pregnant. Then my parents said they were going back in late April/early May, so we decided to go in May as well. Our dates only overlap for 4-5 days so we are not sharing a 2BR villa this trip, but hopefully BCV can arrange for them to be close by.

I've made our ADRs, planned out our park days, reserved the rental car and started the PTR!

I'm still waiting for a cheaper flight -- yeah, I know this is a guessing game but I'm hoping JetBlue, SW or United will start a travel war for spring.

Also, we plan to fly in May 3 (BCV doesn't start until May 4) so I need to reserve a room for one night. Last time we got a tremendous deal of $45 on priceline for the Best Western Lake Buena Vista in DTD with Epcot view. Either we'll Priceline again or we'll stay at one of the Value resorts we haven't been to before.

I'm hoping to do a bunch more crafts (you may remember some of these from my Sept TR):
- tie dye shirts
- autograph book
- itinerary book
- LGMH with googly eyes (actually have a ton of these leftover)
- Large LGMH for stroller and Baggalini
- Sign for room door with place for folks to make comments
- Countdown calendar for DD

That's my list so far. I have more ideas but we'll see if I get the rest done first!
You always have such good ideas marshay, I hope you don't mind if we steal a few for our disney camping trip in Oct. We want to put a sign out and a pad and pen for people to make comments and we are going to try to make iron on transfers for tee shirts, we hope to make up our LGMH with the googly eyes as well and punch little holes in the top and put them on small rings or chains to hang off our purses, back packs, etc.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: