Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2008, 01:49 PM   #16
Imagoofy1
Mouseketeer

Smile

I'm back for this years pre-trip report - loved last years - can't wait for more

1st disney trip 1983 - off property, 1984, 85', 86', 87', 88', 96', 03', 04', 05 - off property
2006 Pop Century, 2007 All Star Sports, 2008 Pop Century and 1st Disney Cruise, 2009 CBR , 2010 CBR :beach
Old 02-04-2008, 02:07 PM   #17
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna View Post
Yay!!! You started your pre-trippie!!

I love going in May and love the Flower & Garden Show at Epcot!!

Can't wait to hear your details and get inspired by your creativity!!!
Hey, I see your siggie -- you are DVC owners!!! Did you do AKV or SSR or something else?

And thanks for joining me again.

When do you go? I can't wait to hear all about the cruise...we haven't done this ... yet!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2008, 02:11 PM   #18
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagoofy1 View Post
I'm back for this years pre-trip report - loved last years - can't wait for more
Hey, Welcome back!! It's like family reunion week with everyone joining back in!

Once I get DD down for a nap, I'll come back and start listing my ADRs and you guys can tell me what you think. We are trying 6 new restaurants this trip!!! Surely you guys will have gone to some of them and can give me the AOK or not.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:36 PM   #19
jenna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Hey, I see your siggie -- you are DVC owners!!! Did you do AKV or SSR or something else?

And thanks for joining me again.

When do you go? I can't wait to hear all about the cruise...we haven't done this ... yet!
We bought in at SSR last March. Can't wait to add-on already! We've only stayed at SSR once when we rented points two years ago. Since we've been owners we stayed at OKW (June), VWL (Sept), and coming up this June DH and I will be staying at BWV. Can't wait!! Then I have to save the rest of my points for a Grand Villa (keep your fingers crossed) for our mega May 2009 vacation!

Glad to join you again! and that baby #2 will be tagging along on your trip!

Re: the cruise- we haven't done that yet either.....maybe someone else you were thinking of?

Married in WDW at the Wedding Pavilion- May 22, 1996
Old 02-04-2008, 02:48 PM   #20
Marshay

SORRY!!! I got my posts confused!

Imagoofy is doing the cruise (not Jenna)...I posted too quickly!
Old 02-04-2008, 03:06 PM   #21
Marshay

ADRs

Ok, here are the restaurants we chose. I tried to mix it up a bit so we are adding six new ones this time.

May 3 - no ADRs, since this is our Fly In day and not sure if we'll priceline or use Disney value hotel yet.

May 4 - Le Cellier Dinner with parents.
I don't know how this restaurant can have such favorable and ugly reviews?!? We've been there twice, once for lunch and once for dinner, several years apart and both times were fantastic -- steaks Med Rare, juicy, wonderful service, great bread!

May 5 - Coral Reef Lunch with parents.
I'm worried about this one. My mom wants to eat here so I agreed but the only comment I always here is "great scenery, bad food".

May 5 - Grand Floridian Cafe Dinner, DATE NIGHT!
Normally we go to Ca Grill or Narcoosee's for our date night, but we decided to try a 1 credit place this time. I'm also worried about this one -- not b/c of the food, I'm sure it will be good, but since it's our date night, we normally like to go to someplace extra nice and I'm not sure this qualifies. But since parents have volunteered to watch DD, we get a night out -- woo hoo!!!

May 6 - Spoodles Dinner with parents
This is another new restaurant for us. Since we'll be at the BCV, I wanted to choose a place we could walk to and explore the Boardwalk for one night.

May 7 - Norway Princess Dinner with parents
We've eaten at Norway before when it was not a princess dinner, so we wanted to try this one, esp as DD likes the princesses. I'm a bit worried since some other DIS friends went here and said the princesses just zoomed by and hardly interacted at all. I've been warned that food is kind of "bland" but we enjoyed it last time so hopefully it's still good.

May 8 - No ADRsThe plan is to go to Yak & Yeti Counter Service and try out their food for dinner. This is a pool day for us (so far!) and my parents leave to visit friends or one of the other parks (Cypress Gardens I think). Yak and Yeti is new for us.

May 9 - Hollywood and Dine Lunch
We'll take DD to this character meal. Last time we didn't go to MGM at all. I'm really hoping that they are going to change the characters for this lunch to match the show (Little Einsteins, Mickey Mouse, Handy Manny, etc). We haven't eaten here before and I don't hear much about it.

May 10 - San Angel Inn Dinner
Even though DD will be with us for this meal, I still think of this as a romantic place to eat. We haven't eaten here before but I'm really hoping we get a table where DD can watch the boats go by. That will keep her attention the whole meal! I may just tell them when we check in that we are willing to wait a bit longer in order to get the better table -- wonder if they will let us? Guess it depends on how busy they are...

May 11 - Le Cellier Lunch for Mother's Day with parents
My parents come back to join us for Mother's Day. Both mom and I agreed we wanted to eat here again. I'm hoping to try a non-steak entree just to get something different...but I know their steaks are just incredible!

May 12 - Go Home

So what do you think???
Old 02-04-2008, 03:23 PM   #22
lovebuzzandwoody
DIS Veteran

I'm not much help it would seem... haven't tried any of your places. I will say I haven't come across a bad LeCellier review in quite awhile! I also have heard that the princesses at Norway do drive-by interactions.

Old 02-04-2008, 04:03 PM   #23
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Quote:
Yeah, you helped push me to get going! Now the excitement starts up again!
Glad my peer pressure helped you along

Quote:
Yes, Infamous #3 (Sharkey was #2).

Thanks so much for saying DD looks like me! Really! When she was born EVERYONE said she was her Daddy's girl. Which is cool, too, but there's a part of me that just wants to be in her too!

Who is infamous #1?
Old 02-04-2008, 04:17 PM   #24
Trentmom
Has a high Poodar

Can't wait to hear how Grand Floridian Cafe is.

We did Hollywood and Vine for Breakfast.

June and Leo were there from Einsteins. JoJo and Goliath.

It would be cool if they added Handy Manny

Not familiar with the other ones...sorry
Old 02-04-2008, 05:34 PM   #25
Imagoofy1
Mouseketeer

Wink

We are going Sept. 25-Oct.1 (pop) then Oct. 2-5 (3 nights) on our first Disney Cruise **** I will let you know how it is when we come back.

1st disney trip 1983 - off property, 1984, 85', 86', 87', 88', 96', 03', 04', 05 - off property
2006 Pop Century, 2007 All Star Sports, 2008 Pop Century and 1st Disney Cruise, 2009 CBR , 2010 CBR :beach
Old 02-04-2008, 05:35 PM   #26
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Glad my peer pressure helped you along

Who is infamous #1?
See posts #8 & 9
Old 02-04-2008, 05:39 PM   #27
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebuzzandwoody View Post
I'm not much help it would seem... haven't tried any of your places. I will say I haven't come across a bad LeCellier review in quite awhile! I also have heard that the princesses at Norway do drive-by interactions.
Drive by interactions -- gotta remember that term!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Can't wait to hear how Grand Floridian Cafe is.

We did Hollywood and Vine for Breakfast.

June and Leo were there from Einsteins. JoJo and Goliath.

It would be cool if they added Handy Manny

Not familiar with the other ones...sorry
Oh, forgot that June and Leo are there -- are they face characters or costume characters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagoofy1 View Post
We are going Sept. 25-Oct.1 (pop) then Oct. 2-5 (3 nights) on our first Disney Cruise **** I will let you know how it is when we come back.
Cool! are you going to do a TR?
Old 02-04-2008, 06:23 PM   #28
Tat2ddisneymom
Will have to keep the husband
Had to pee in a cup
As Captain Jack, he's just smokin'

Le Cellier sounds great. I've never been there, but I really want to go.

Akershus - YUCK! We had bad food and bad service there, but good princess interaction. We didn't have the "drive by." Watch out for Jasmine. She's a hottie. Your hubby will like her a lot.

I've never been to any of the other places, either. I actually canceled a reservation at the Grand Floridian Cafe and replaced it with a reservation for Whispering Canyon Cafe. I've heard bad things about San Angel and I've heard good things about it. I guess it depends on how much you like Mexican food.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:53 PM   #29
Trentmom
Has a high Poodar

Quote:
See posts #8 & 9

Quote:
Drive by interactions -- gotta remember that term!

Oh, forgot that June and Leo are there -- are they face characters or costume characters?

Cool! are you going to do a TR?
Costume characters.....
Old 02-04-2008, 08:16 PM   #30
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

I'm not famous.........can I still join the fun?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: