Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2008, 10:59 PM   #151
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

OOPs saaaa

I forgot to mention. I am the ultimate southerner. I love to hug, soooooooooo, iffin you don't want a big ole " sooooooooooooooo good to meet ya" hug say so here and I will try my darndest to refrain..............lol. That hugging thing is just me. Being a nurse I like the human touch.........lol I am looking so forward to meeting my fellow Disers. Maybe we can even have a burger together?

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING
Old 02-29-2008, 08:59 AM   #152
lpol
Earning My Ears

Question Hi there

Hi Marshay- even though I have nothing to add, I just wanted to let you know I think the alphabet game is a great one!!! Its a great way to make your trip even more special!

I wanted to ask, have you ever been to the Cape May Cafe Character breakfast (or heard anything about it)? I wanted to do a character breakfast on one of our non-park days, and I couldn't get a reservation at Chef Mickey's at all that week. DD will be only 18 months, so this will be our only character meal b/c I don't know how she will react to it. She doesn't 'know' the characters at 1900 Park Fare, so I though Cape May is our best bet. I also made a dinner reservation at San Angel and one at Ohana (scheduled this a little later to take advantage of the fireworks view). I am debating on CP or LTT also... What do you think about these plans so far?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-29-2008, 11:50 AM   #153
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherlynn444 View Post
I just read your entire sept TR at work (yes my job is boring!) and it was great! thank you so much for sharing with us! so then I hopped on over here and found this and skimmed it.

i just wanted to say coral reef and the GF cafe are two of my fav. disney restaurants! GF cafe is romantic and relaxing, i ahve had breakfast, lunch, and dinner there and it has yet to disapoint! good luck!
Hey, Welcome!!!

Wow! Reading all the September thread was quite a challenge! Hope you had some fun doing it!

And I'm so happy to hear you like Coral Reef and GF...I really wasn't sure about these and so glad to hear good comments!
Old 02-29-2008, 11:53 AM   #154
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefanof88 View Post
OK we have a possible plan change. We may be staying one day less but staying on property with dinning. Who knows.................lol. DD wants DF to have a special trip since this is his first trip since he was 7(he is now 21) so we might be getting 2 rooms at the ASMU with dining. During our stay they are offering park hopping and water parks as a free add on so it makes it more appealing, I will keep an update going. Not canceling Buena Vista Suites just yet.....lol Looking so forward to going no matter where we stay.
Hey, the DDP, even for one night would be great! Make sure that isn't your last night there, though...That way you can actually spread out the snack, CS and TS meal into two days!
Old 02-29-2008, 11:56 AM   #155
Marshay

Quote:
I forgot to mention. I am the ultimate southerner. I love to hug, soooooooooo, iffin you don't want a big ole " sooooooooooooooo good to meet ya" hug say so here and I will try my darndest to refrain..............lol. That hugging thing is just me. Being a nurse I like the human touch.........lol I am looking so forward to meeting my fellow Disers. Maybe we can even have a burger together?
It's funny...growing up I was not the touchy-feely person at all (my friends laughed at me b/c I didn't even cry at my high school or college graduation)...so I actually tried to train myself to engage in the whole shaking hands, giving hugs type of thing...then after having my DD who you just want to slather with hugs and kisses it also helps teach the importance of the human touch.

So, long story short -- I'd be upset if I don't get a hug from y'all!
Old 02-29-2008, 12:03 PM   #156
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpol View Post
Hi Marshay- even though I have nothing to add, I just wanted to let you know I think the alphabet game is a great one!!! Its a great way to make your trip even more special!

I wanted to ask, have you ever been to the Cape May Cafe Character breakfast (or heard anything about it)? I wanted to do a character breakfast on one of our non-park days, and I couldn't get a reservation at Chef Mickey's at all that week. DD will be only 18 months, so this will be our only character meal b/c I don't know how she will react to it. She doesn't 'know' the characters at 1900 Park Fare, so I though Cape May is our best bet. I also made a dinner reservation at San Angel and one at Ohana (scheduled this a little later to take advantage of the fireworks view). I am debating on CP or LTT also... What do you think about these plans so far?

Hey Ipol! I always welcome comments on this report -- even just to say hi or time for an update!

We went to Cape May Cafe breakfast in Sept (you can check out my Sept trip report link below ... the first page shows the page number for pictures from this). It was terrific!! The character interaction was so much better than Chef Mickeys and the food was wonderful! I highly recommend going to this. I think it was Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Dale.

The only reason we aren't doing this again is that I wanted to try two new character meals.

My only complaint was that it took forever to get in so I suggest an earlier morning reservation. Ours was for around 10am and we waited maybe 45 minutes ... which was torture when you are hungry and you smell all that good food!

I haven't been to Crystal Palace but my parents say it is the best buffet restaurant. I'm not into the WtP characters so I try to avoid that...

I know Sharky from this thread had a great meal at LTT but I haven't done that either.

Actually, I haven't eaten at any TS restaurant in Magic Kingdom...there is just always so much to do and see that I never felt like taking the time to sit...I guess that's something I should do for our next trip!

Last edited by Marshay; 02-29-2008 at 02:00 PM.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:58 PM   #157
lpol
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Hey Ipol! I always welcome comments on this report -- even just to say hi or time for an update!

We went to Cape May Cafe breakfast in Sept (you can check out my Sept trip report link below ... the first page shows pictures from this). It was terrific!! The character interaction was so much better than Chef Mickeys and the food was wonderful! I highly recommend going to this. I think it was Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Dale.

The only reason we aren't doing this again is that I wanted to try two new character meals.

My only complaint was that it took forever to get in so I suggest an earlier morning reservation. Ours was for around 10am and we waited maybe 45 minutes ... which was torture when you are hungry and you smell all that good food!

I haven't been to Crystal Palace but my parents say it is the best buffet restaurant. I'm not into the WtP characters so I try to avoid that...

I know Sharky from this thread had a great meal at LTT but I haven't done that either.

Actually, I haven't eaten at any TS restaurant in Magic Kingdom...there is just always so much to do and see that I never felt like taking the time to sit...I guess that's something I should do for our next trip!
That's exactly how I feel about TS in the parks! I am just too excited to be there with DD that I want to go with the flow in the parks. I know we have to be VERY flexible! Thanks for answering my questions and giving me some reassurance!
Old 03-01-2008, 04:46 AM   #158
bluedolph1n
Mouseketeer

Love your trip report, I'm also going in May.
We don't have a lot of ADR's, since we also feel like we don't want to take a lot of time to eat, since we want to do a lot. But we have 2 reservations, one for Chef Mickeys dinner when we arrive at Disneyworld, and one for breakfast at Cape May, since Chip and Dale are our favorites.

Kind regards, Sandra
Old 03-01-2008, 11:36 PM   #159
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedolph1n View Post
Love your trip report, I'm also going in May.
We don't have a lot of ADR's, since we also feel like we don't want to take a lot of time to eat, since we want to do a lot. But we have 2 reservations, one for Chef Mickeys dinner when we arrive at Disneyworld, and one for breakfast at Cape May, since Chip and Dale are our favorites.

Kind regards, Sandra
Woo hoo! When are you going?

And welcome!
Old 03-02-2008, 03:19 AM   #160
bluedolph1n
Mouseketeer

We start our vacation on April 26th in Miami, then we go a couple of days to Key West, and a couple of days to Fort Myers Beach. We'll arrive at Disneyworld at May 3th, untill May 10th. We will stay at Pop.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:20 AM   #161
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedolph1n View Post
We start our vacation on April 26th in Miami, then we go a couple of days to Key West, and a couple of days to Fort Myers Beach. We'll arrive at Disneyworld at May 3th, untill May 10th. We will stay at Pop.
Sounds like a great vacation -- and we definitely overlap!! Want to post a picture so in case we're in the same place, same time, I can just say "Hey!" I promise no stalking...just love to say hello if we happen to be in the same area!
Old 03-02-2008, 07:20 AM   #162
Marshay

also just saw you have a pre-trippie...so I'll be there soon.

Sometimes I forget to check out other people's siggies...
Old 03-02-2008, 09:31 AM   #163
bluedolph1n
Mouseketeer

Don't worry about that, I forget that sometimes too. I have to see if I have a picture from the three of us.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:53 AM   #164
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
It's funny...growing up I was not the touchy-feely person at all (my friends laughed at me b/c I didn't even cry at my high school or college graduation)...so I actually tried to train myself to engage in the whole shaking hands, giving hugs type of thing...then after having my DD who you just want to slather with hugs and kisses it also helps teach the importance of the human touch.

So, long story short -- I'd be upset if I don't get a hug from y'all!
That is good . It would have been a mess if I hugged someone and they smacked me..................lol. Boy talk about a trip report . Anyway, I am now looking at the food end and trying to make ADRs at places all my picky folks will eat . My oldest DS and I will eat anything the rest of the gang .

Now counting days 61 to go.

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING
Old 03-03-2008, 11:47 AM   #165
Marshay

Quote:
That is good . It would have been a mess if I hugged someone and they smacked me..................lol. Boy talk about a trip report . Anyway, I am now looking at the food end and trying to make ADRs at places all my picky folks will eat . My oldest DS and I will eat anything the rest of the gang .

Now counting days 61 to go.
Definitely let us know which ADRs you get! I'll be curious to see how busy it's going to be this year ... one article I read (forget where) said that attendance is up this year for Disney.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: