Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2002, 10:00 AM   #1
BevS97
disney scrapper

Lunn Poly - 10 day tickets - heres' what I found out

I just popped into Lunn Poly on my lunch break

they do have the 10 day tickets for £199 - and they are the actual tickets and not a voucher, BUT, they order them from Keith Prowse and they are delivered to the shop 10 days before you fly. It seems to be a Keith Prowse policy from what I can gather - I am not really sure which way to go, I don't like having to wait until 10 days before, but the price is so good...

I think I might give the travel agent an earlier date of travel - you can' t use these tickets if you are travelling before May 1st, so I might say that.

Bev
Old 03-07-2002, 10:22 AM   #2
Hilary
There's always something new to learn!

Thanks for that news, Bev - let us know what happens if you do try to use an earlier date, won't you?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2002, 10:47 AM   #3
jjcollins
Registered

Hi Bev i knew this about lunn poly and i think there's another big chain who do the same . Why don't you book direct with KP.

www.keithprowsetickets.co.uk

or ring 028 90 232425

good luck............

jj............
jjcollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 11:00 AM   #4
Silver
Mouseketeer

Bev, we booked our 10 day tickets through Keith Prowse (via Thomas Cook) last year and were told about the 10 days before. In the end we only got our tickets about 3 days before we flew out, partly I think because of an anthrax scare in Dublin at the time (we went in October). Needless to say I was panicking. We were assured that by hook or by crook we would get our tickets, even if they had to be couriered to us, and we did get them but it was a bit too last minute for my liking.

So if I were you and you have not booked the holiday with a travel agent I would use an earlier travel date. Surely they don't check on your travel plans.
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 11:24 AM   #5
AngieUK
Mouseketeer

This is quite a dialema (sp) isn't it I really want to buy these tickets as they are such a good price but i just don't feel happy about getting them just 10 days before we fly either!! I'll go into lunn polly in the morning and see what my branch say about giving a different travel date.........i mean if they don't have an actual "start" date on them then i cant see a problem in getting them delivered in july ready for september!
AngieUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 12:21 PM   #6
AngieUK
Mouseketeer

resorted to ringing lunn polly - i'm far too impatient to wait till tomorrow. The girl i spoke to said the same as the one Bev spoke to, that it is keith prowse policy to deliver the tickets 10 days before. However she said there was no problem with giving an earlier travel date - the only difference it makes is that you end up paying for your tickets earlier..........10 weeks before your travel date. So i'll be going to get mine tomorrow........working it out so i get them abot 4 weeks before i go i think
Old 03-07-2002, 12:33 PM   #7
jjcollins
Registered

Thumbs up KP

Can i ask what the problem is with getting this TICKETS--[ not Vouchers ] 10 days before you fly. Correct me if i'am wrong but do your flight tickets not go out about 2 weeks before you go as well.......

I think it's a cracking DEAL.............IMHO

jj.......
Old 03-07-2002, 12:38 PM   #8
AngieUK
Mouseketeer

I think it's just the worry that they may be late........10 days late LOL I'm sure there'd be no problem at all really but as Silver said earlier, there was a problem with hers and they only got them 3 days before. You never know what may happen and i'd just feel better having them in my grubby hands a bit earlier!!
Old 03-07-2002, 12:47 PM   #9
jjcollins
Registered

Can't understand the problem with Silver's tickets as Keith Prowse post out of Belfast Northern Ireland and not Dublin..........

Anyway still a great deal.....IMHO

jj.............
Old 03-07-2002, 01:06 PM   #10
henrydog
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone
I also went into Lunn Poly today and enquired about 10 day tickets.
I was told the deal was exactly as it said in Keith Prowse including a
character breakfast for £199, and you get actual tickets not vouchers.
Sounds pretty good to me.
henrydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 01:54 PM   #11
eyoreaud
Who? Us? Nosey? NEVER!

Question Cheaper Hopper Passes (10 day)

Hi Everyone,

Just been catching up on some threads and we saw the ones about passes.

There was a thread about this before (it may have been a different one) and the word then was that you had to activate passes by 31st March and they were only valid for 21 days.

As we wern't arriving till night of 31st March we wouldnt have activeted them in time for the offer.

Could anyone advise us if this is still the case or if the offer has been extended?

Thanx a lot
Luv Audrey
XXXXXXXX

[link=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/][img noborder]http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/tickers/slhz3w5p7mik4rfi.png[/img][/link]
eyoreaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 02:00 PM   #12
AngieUK
Mouseketeer

Audrey
this offer is for people arriving from May 1st - i think the offer was till october 31st
Old 03-07-2002, 02:17 PM   #13
eyoreaud
Who? Us? Nosey? NEVER!

How typical is it that they give you an offer from Jan to March and zilch till May!

And guess when we're going?

Thanx for info
Luv Audrey

xxxxxxxxx

[link=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/][img noborder]http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/tickers/slhz3w5p7mik4rfi.png[/img][/link]
eyoreaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 02:17 PM   #14
kazzie

Hi
I work in TC and can tell you for a fact the tickets fairly often come LESS than 10 days before departure and have given clients a scare.I remember one woman was quite rightly doing her nut last year

Its a great idea to give an earlier departure date:D
Old 03-07-2002, 04:38 PM   #15
BevS97
disney scrapper

Kazzie - is there anything on the ticket to indicate the date you've given them? I don't think they're should be, but I'm just a little worried that we might get there and be told, these tickets are only good from May 1-21st and it's May 31st now.

I guess that's silly really - I could easily be travelling elsewhere before I get to WDW (like if I was touring the country or something).

JJ - I am sure they will arrive, but it's just paranioa on my part. I already have my airline tickets because I bought them from KLM direct and not via a travel agent - I hate waiting until 10 days before for anything, it just doesn't leave a lot of time to fix things if there is a problem. However, one way or another i will go with this deal, I'm not paying more than this now that I know about this offer.

as for dates - I believe the tickets have to be activated after 1st May.

Bev

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: