Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2011, 06:10 AM   #1471
Fall1
DIS Veteran

Lisa...the TSM party is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! I can't even imagine how much time you spent on that, wow!! Great job!
Oct 2004 GF/BC Honeymoon, Oct 2005 BC, May 2006 BC, Oct 2009 BCV (twins 1st trip!), Oct 2010 BCV, Feb 2011 AKV, Oct 2011 BCV, Dec 2011 AKV, Mar 2012 SSR, Nov 2012 BCV, Apr 2013 BCV, Oct 2013 SSR, Apr 2014 1st Disney Cruise!! & BCV
Upcoming December 2014 BCV & 1st Universal trip!
me DH DS 7 DD 7
Fall1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:34 PM   #1472
bearbear
DIS Veteran

Our movie nights started tonight. We are doing Snow white. I hope I can get some photos up in the next couple days

bearbear is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2011, 04:46 AM   #1473
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMickee View Post
DS's Toy Story Midway Mania birthday party was a HUGE sucess!! It took TONS of planning...
What a fantastic job you did on that! It's no wonder it was an absolute hit. The kids will likely never forget the good time they had. I will surely be 'stealing' some of your ideas for future events.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:51 AM   #1474
PrincessTigerLily
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by budafam View Post
Miss Mickee - LOVE all of the parties! You should've sold all of the Toy Story stuff on Craigslist... I'm sure someone would've scooped it up!

Would anyone mind if I started a website with these ideas? I've been toying with the idea for awhile... I love having Disney movie nights and would like to expand into "other" movie nights as well... I thought it would be nice to have a website with all of the ideas, recipes, pictures, etc. and maybe some printables for activities?

It would be a great winter project to keep me busy Let me know what you all think... thanks!!!
Please do not use my movie nights or photos for the web page. I am the originator of this thread and I am toying with the idea of starting a web page and still may choose to do so. Many thanks for asking first.

PrincessTigerLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:50 AM   #1475
budafam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessTigerLily View Post
Please do not use my movie nights or photos for the web page. I am the originator of this thread and I am toying with the idea of starting a web page and still may choose to do so. Many thanks for asking first.
Will you be updating the list soon? There have been quite a few posts that aren't listed in the original post so I was just wondering...
DxDP 12/3/13-12/10/13
Upcoming Trips: 9/21-9/29 POR & 10/25-10/31 BWV 10/31-11/3 DREAM

budafam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:04 PM   #1476
Deffenm
DIS Veteran

I just booked a trip for the kids, myself, and my mom for spring break! We now have 13 weeks until we leave for our trip so we are going to do a movie every week until our trip. This Saturday we are doing Beauty and Beast. DD got to pick out the first movie and then we will rotate.

Having the index is wonderful, it made finding ideas very easy! Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this wonderful thread.

For Beauty and the Beast I will set the table using the "good" dishes. We will eat by candlight. We will have chicken, potates, green beans, and rolls for dinner. The kids will have hot chocolate and french crullers for dessert. I have coloring pages for them to color while watching the movie. My dd got the Disney Headbands game for her birthday so I am going to pull out the Beauty and the Best Characters and we will see if we can each guess who we are.

I am very excited and can't wait to see which movies my kids pick.
DD (10)

May 2005 - AsMov
Sept. 2006 - POP
Sept. 2007 - POR
Aug. 2008 - AKL
June. 2010 - CBR (Grand Gathering)
April 2012 - POP
Oct. 2014 - POP
Deffenm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:42 PM   #1477
Agent Wendy Pleakley
Earning My Ears

Indiana Jones Night

I'm pretty behind on my posts and have a few nights to do, starting with the Indiana Jones Birthday Party/Movie Night we surprised my husband with. My girls were really into this one and everyone participated to make it a surprise. We pretty much pulled the whole thing together in one afternoon--very spur of the moment which is sometimes more fun!

We set up the entryway to look like a jungle as my husband walked in. Then there was a scroll (message printed on brown paper bag, crinkled to age it) directing my husband to his "gear" that he was to change into. He was a very good sport and played along.

Activities:
We started the night with a scavenger hunt that I had set up. They had to keep the lights off and used a flameless candle to search with. For the clues, I again printed on crinkled brown paper bags. The final clue led to a treasure chest I made containing candy, popcorn, and the movie. It turned out super cute, but I forgot to take a picture of it.

Decorations:
We decorated with tons of paper snakes, spiderwebs left over from Halloween, green streamers crinkled to look like vines, leaves cut form tissue paper, jewels, and anything around the house that looked like it would be at home in an Indiana Jones movie.

Food:
Snake Bread and Pasta
Snake Cake
Poison Sodas with Eyeball fizzy sticks

My middle daughter is obsessed with duct tape and made a really cool whip. All in all a really fun night!

Birthday Boy and his girls:

FOOD
Snake Bread:

Fizzing Eyeballs:

Snake Cake:

Poison Soda:

DECORATIONS

Opening the first clue:

Searching for more clues:

Found one:

Duct tape whip:
Agent Wendy Pleakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:17 AM   #1478
Deffenm
DIS Veteran

Looks like you had a great time. My oldest DS picked this for his birthday theme when he turned 10. He loved it! The kids said this was the best party they had been to.

I used brown mailing paper and twisted it into vines, I painted a small foam cooler with gold paint for the teasure chest and the kids had to find, my dh taped together several large boxes into a maze like shape and we timed the kids to see who could crawl through the "cave" the fastest, I used a kidded pool filled with bird seed and the kids had to dig through and find treasure, I setup targets and the kids had to see if they could hit target using nerf guns, I also hid a the cup for the holy grail. For food we had red jello in monkey head cups for brains, had grapes for eye balls, and other finger foods. I think I had more fun putting the party together then the kids had.

I am really looking forward to our Beauty and the Beast night on Saturday.
DD (10)

May 2005 - AsMov
Sept. 2006 - POP
Sept. 2007 - POR
Aug. 2008 - AKL
April 2012 - POP
Oct. 2014 - POP
Old 01-08-2012, 10:41 AM   #1479
Deffenm
DIS Veteran

We did our Beauty and the Beast night last Night. It was fun. We had a fancy dinner of "Beastly steaks", Mrs. Potts Mashed potatoes, french french bread, salad. We had French crullers for dessert. We ate by candle light. We colored pictures of Belle and Beast while watching the movie. We also played Disney Headbands but only used Beauty and the Beast characters. We also marked off the first day on our count down calendar. Our next movie night is Toy Story 3. I will try to remember to take pictures this time to share.
DD (10)

May 2005 - AsMov
Sept. 2006 - POP
Sept. 2007 - POR
Aug. 2008 - AKL
April 2012 - POP
Oct. 2014 - POP
Old 01-08-2012, 11:43 AM   #1480
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMickee View Post
Aww... thanks guys. My plan is that, even if my kids don't remember what they GOT for their birthdays, they will NEVER forget their parties. I'm trying to build memories.

It takes me about a month and a half. I spend a couple weeks researching, then about a month "building". lol Funny how it takes about 10 minutes to take it down and toss it in the trash though. Luckily, DH did the tossing... I don't know if I could have.
Tons of credit to you! IMO you are making wise choices on where to put the priority when it comes to birthday parties. My oldest are 20 now and they don't remember many of their gifts, but they certainly remember their parties. However, I was NEVER as creative as you. BTW, it's not just your kids that remember it. Which, as your kids become teens, is nice to have their friends remind them what wonderful parents they have! lol

your party is inspiring!

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
Deesknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:57 PM   #1481
ImaDVCwannabe
Mouseketeer

Picture Heavy 4 Disney Nights Recap

Hello all, we started our Disney nights back in October but with the holidays I haven't had the time to post. I am going to do all 4 at once.

First up: The Nightmare Before Christmas

Food~ Movie Snacks: Corpse Corn (popcorn with candy corn) and The Pumpkin King cheese ball with tombstone crakers
Main Course: Dr. Finkelsteins Brain Food (brain jell-o mold) and Zero's Bones with Vampire Blood (bone shaped quesadillas with pizza sauce) Frogs Breath punch and for dessert Jack Skellington cupcakes

Activities~ My girls decorated Christmas cookies with Halloween colors. I cut out Christmas trees and made one side green and the other black, they decorated one side with Christmas embellishments and the other with Halloween ones. We also made Jack Skellington maskes and played Halloween tic tack toe.

For decorations I had the usual Halloween stuff out but I added a black table cloth to our table and put a Halloween Town sign on our front door. The girls really enjoyed this Disney night.

Up next: Monsters Inc.

Food~ Movie Snacks: Tenticles, Monster Bones, Monster Eyes and Monster Slim (cuccumbers, carrots, raddishes and ranch dip with green food coloring)
Main Course: Brown Bag lunches. Chicken salad sandwich, chips, apple, juice boxes and for dessert lemon snow cones of course.

Activities~ Tonight was kinda low key so the only activities we had tonight were to make door hangers and color some Monsters Inc. pictures

Next up: The Incredibles

Food~ Main Course: The Incredible Family Dinner. Steak, potatoes, broccoli and Dash's lightning juice. For dessert we had Frozone's sundae bar.

Activities~ The girls had to come up with their super power and make super hero capes. After they made their cape they colored some Incredible pictures.

For decorations tonight I only did our table, but the girls thought it was pretty cool.

And our most recent Disney night and the girls favorite so far: Snow White

Food~ Movie Snacks: Pretzels with beer cheese dip
Main Course: German sausage, warm German potatoe salad, dwarf forest (broccoli) and beer (root beer that is) for dessert we had a pick your poison carmel apple bar

Activites~ The girls first put together a snow white puzzle, then we made tissue tube dwarfs and then finished the night mining for jewels. I put stones and fake jewels in a bucket full of rice and let the girls sift through it with pie tins that I had cut holes in. They loved it!!
For decorations tonight I put a red table cloth on the table with a Snow White doll in the center. I then put out our white china plates and our beer mugs. In the living room I put up fake trees and placed jewles and the girls stuffed animals around the room.

Next week we are doing Lilo and Stitch I am very excited!!
P.S. sorry the pictures are so large for some reason I can't get them any smaller tonight

Disney World Honeymoon Pop Jan 2008

Last edited by ImaDVCwannabe; 03-12-2012 at 11:15 PM.
ImaDVCwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:18 AM   #1482
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Awesome ideas!!!
LOVE the Jack Night!!! Think it is about time i start this back up.

Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:33 AM   #1483
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

We had a Pop Century Party yesterday, we're 17 days from our trip and have done so many movie days, we thought we would have a resort day instead! There are pics in my PTR:

PoP Century Party!
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:50 AM   #1484
Deffenm
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing your Pop Century party. That will be the last one we do before our trip. Only 86 more days. The kids have never stayed there before so I thought it would be fun to do a Pop party to get them excited for our hotel stay.
DD (10)

May 2005 - AsMov
Sept. 2006 - POP
Sept. 2007 - POR
Aug. 2008 - AKL
April 2012 - POP
Oct. 2014 - POP
Old 01-12-2012, 08:47 PM   #1485
JessicaKnits
DIS Veteran

Posting all of our theme nights we have been having in preparation for our March trip! I got all of the ideas from this thread!

First up is Lady and The Tramp...

I tried to do a Tony's theme...

Place setting...

Homemade meatballs (used ground turkey instead of veal)

Homemade artichoke dip

Biltmore Estate Chenin Blanc

Dinner!

Chocolate Chai Mousse
JessicaKnits is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: